CFileDialog like Word

Is the dialog that looks like the one that Word puts up on "Save As"
available somehow in CFileDialog?

I'm using CFileDialog but it looks like the old style dialog.

I'm guessing there must be some flag to set, but I couldn't find it.
0
prosen (2)
7/1/2005 7:56:40 PM
vc.mfc 33608 articles. 0 followers. Follow

Sadly, Microsoft have one file dialog box for themselves and one for the
rest of us.  Guess which is the best?  I'm surprised that none of the MFC
extension libraries have attempted to emulate it.

"Paul Rosen" <prosen@fte.com> wrote in message
> Is the dialog that looks like the one that Word puts up on "Save As"
> available somehow in CFileDialog?
>
> I'm using CFileDialog but it looks like the old style dialog.
>
> I'm guessing there must be some flag to set, but I couldn't find it.

0
nospam2782 (35)

How to convert Word table with paragraphing to Excel?
Is there any way to convert a Word table that has multiple paragraphs in each cell to Excel without going through a third-party converter? I have several hundred rows to convert, and copying and pasting each paragraph into the Excel Workbook is not a viable option. The Table to Text tool in Word also doesn't give me control over the paragraphing. With everything I've tried, each paragraph winds up in a separate row in Excel. Thanks for any support. Saved from a previous post: If your cells in your word table contain paragraph mark or linebreak characters, then excel will bring...

Saving a Word document to a flash disk on an external USB drive
Version: 2008 Processor: intel I have a Mac Book Pro and an running Office for Apple I just need to know how to choose the USB drive when saving a word doc. When I go to save document I cannot see how to choose the flash disk in a usb drive Thanks In article <59b52a78.-1@webcrossing.caR9absDaxw>, erica@officeformac.com wrote: > Version: 2008 > Processor: intel > > I have a Mac Book Pro and an running Office for Apple > > I just need to know how to choose the USB drive when saving a word doc. When > I go to save document I cannot see how to choose the flash d...

Word blurs inserted images
Inserted images appear blurred (on screen and in an HTML "save as" form). I am trying to explicitly show pixellated images... but Word blurs everything... it seems to be "trying to help" by anti-aliasing, or something. I've searched for a setting to swtich off but can not find one. Thank you. ...

ID of CFileDialog
Hi all, i am trying to find Resource ID of CFileDialog, what number is it? i can know this? Let me know if you can help me. Thanks Duy It is not a resource in your project. The dialog is created by Windows when you call GetOpenFileName / GetSaveFileName. -- Sheng Jiang Microsoft MVP in VC++ "James Duy Trinh" <vietdoor@gmail.com> wrote in message news:eOrRoVReIHA.1212@TK2MSFTNGP05.phx.gbl... > Hi all, > > i am trying to find Resource ID of CFileDialog, what number is it? i can > know this? > > Let me know if you can help me. Thanks > > Duy > ...

Forms created in Word 2003 that I can't seem to edit in Word 2007
My IT department recently upgraded me to Office 2007. Much of it I absolutely love. But it is taking some getting used to. Here is my issue. I created many forms for my department at work in Word 2003 with form fields. Now, when I open them I cannot access many of the functions on the "ribbon" such as "Font", "Paragraph" etc. I have done quite a bit of searching through forums online and not been able to solve the issue. I have found the "Protect" tab and set it to unrestricted, but I'm at a loss at this point and completely frus...

Pasting Links into Word 2003
When I try to paste a link into Word such as http://microsoft.com it changes to: { HYPERLINK "http://microsoft.com" } and I have to remove the hyperlink to get it to appear as just the text. It used to show the hyperlink as just the text as underlined and changed the color to blue. I like that better. Is there some way to change it back so it shows hyperlinks as underlined text? Thanks -- Justin Press ALT+F9 -- <>>< ><<> ><<> <>>< ><<> <>>< <>><<> Graham Mayor...

Basic filter-like function/question.
As the easiest way to explain what I'm looking to do, I'll just give a example: Name | Pay Salary Albert | 50,000 Mike | 40,000 Phil | 55,000 Rachel | 45,000 I want to create a separate sheet that has only people who make 'x amount of dollars. So for example, sheet 2, people with pay between 40-50k: Name | Pay Salary Mike | 40,000 Rachel | 45,000 I know this must be a pretty basic thing, but I can't figure out how t do it. I want sheet 2 to have, by default, only the people w/ pay within certain range. I DON'T want sheet2 to hav...

Is Excel or Word better for holding and searching data
In Microsoft Office 2003 to create a small d ata base for use by staff accustomed to Word and Excel, which is the more useful for (1) easy retrieval of information, and (2) possibly putting onto a web page? I'd definitely use Excel for this. HTH. Best wishes Harald "Ione" <Ione@discussions.microsoft.com> skrev i melding news:A7500E03-AF10-4D9F-9E56-887DF6E3DE51@microsoft.com... > In Microsoft Office 2003 to create a small d ata base for use by staff > accustomed to Word and Excel, which is the more useful for > (1) easy retrieval of information, and ...

Sending Email from Word 2000
Each time I select File/Send to/ Mail Recipient, I get the following error message: "Word could not load the email envelope". However, if I choose Send to: "Mail Recipient as Attachment" it works fine. What's going on with this. Thanks in advance!! CLay ...

Like Operator in the Criteria in a Query
I have a database that will be looking at Work Requests numbers and if certain criteria is met, it will add either an A or B or C or D to the end of the Work Request #, What stipulates whether an A or B or C, etc. is added depends on how many Work Requests are found that have the number, then one that has the A, then one that has the B and so forth. I am trying to create a query that will look at a text box that has the Work Request number in it and counts the number of times that work request is in the table whether it have an A, B, C, D. or none but just the number. I am jusing thi...

How to use AND with "WHERE" in OpenForm... like (idA=Me.idA) and (idB=Me.idB)
How do you specify two conditions in the where clause in a DoCmd.OpenForm instruction ?? So the "Where part of.... DoCmd.OpenForm "AltForm_A" would look something like, , , "[idA] AND [idB] = " & (Me.idA) AND (Me.SubForm_B.idB) ----- Below is my simple setup ---- showing what I'm trying to do. 1 - I have 2 tables...tblA and tblB 2 - While looking at... MainForm_A with SubForm_B 3 - Double click on a record in SubForm_B 4 - and open AltForm_A with AltSubForm_B - a form with a different view of the same data Thanks for any help with this. Mel MyEmai...

Updating all Fields in Word Document
I need to update all fields in the Word document. I have some of the fields in drawing canvas too. I have tried this, which works fine, but except drawing canvas. http://word.tips.net/Pages/T003879_Updating_a_Field_in_a_Text_Box.html Thank you -- Regards Jan Kratochvil Windows Vista Business SP2, Office 2007 SP 2 Sub UpdateAllFields() Dim oStory As Range For Each oStory In ActiveDocument.StoryRanges oStory.Fields.Update If oStory.StoryType <> wdMainTextStory Then While Not (oStory.NextStoryRange Is Nothing) Set oStory = oStory.NextStoryRange ...

change "save location" in MS Word 2007
I wish to change the save location to "my documents." It can't be done. If you browse and click to get the correct location, Word won't save it. If you type it in, Word says "access denied" when you try to save. Please advise. And I'm not even going to ask why Microsoft changed this option. I've yet to find a change in Word 2007 that is helpful. I also haven't found any helpful changes in Word 2007, but I think I know how to do what you're asking. Click on the Office button and select "Word Options." Click on "Adva...

Sending Word Document as an attachement.
I have a word document that I need to send it as an attachment to an XML file. Basically, converting into byte array or using some encoding mechanism. This has to be done through XML serialization in c#. Is it possible to do it through xml serialization ? THanks, --Emily *** Sent via Developersdex http://www.developersdex.com *** Don't just participate in USENET...get rewarded for it! I would convert the Word document into Base64 encoding first. Open the XML Document and insert the Base64 encoded text to the appropriate node. -- Victor Hadianto http://synop.com/Products/SauceReader...

CFileDialog
Windows 7 has changed the rules for the member lpstrInitialDir of CFileDialog to: 1. If lpstrInitialDir has the same value as was passed the first time the application used an Open or Save As dialog box, the path most recently selected by the user is used as the initial directory. I want to be able to set the path to what I want not what the first time it was used was. Is there a way to do this? Thank you, Tim ...

Crash using CFileDialog
Hi I am using VS6, SP6, XP-SP1 using MFC as dynamic DLL. I am having a crash when using CFileDialog. Searching net revealed that there is a bug in CFiledialog, but that was fixed in SP6. Crash occurs in destructor of CFileDialog. Can you please guide me to some quick Fix. -- Best regards Shrishail Rana Was the class used as a base class in another class? How did you initalize the CFileDialog class? Directly as ususal. The same code was working properly when MFC was used as static link library. -- Best regards Shrishail Rana CFileDialog fileDlg(TRUE, NULL, NULL, OFN_HIDERE...

Bringing Word doc into Excel
Need to bring or import a word doc containing tables into excel. How does one go about doing this??? Any help is greatly appreciated ~ Thanks in advance. Select all the cells in the Word Table, copy, and then paste into an Excel spreadsheet. HTH "Gary" wrote: > Need to bring or import a word doc containing tables into > excel. How does one go about doing this??? > > Any help is greatly appreciated ~ Thanks in advance. > ...

Adding a word to the dictionary
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard) Processor: Intel I have recently acquired a Macbook and moved from Windows to Mac. I use lots of new words not found in the current dictionary. When I try to add the word I find that this opportunity is not available to me. The word 'add' on the spelling menu is faded (not available). How do I turn this facility back on. How do I add a new word to the dictionary? Thanks Chris ...

I would like to create a region of cells
I have seen an Excel document that has a row of cells which can be selected There is no grid between the cells but there are lines for each row. I would like to create this kind of formatting but how ? The gridlines are optional. You can disable or uncheck the grid lines from Tools>Options>View tab>Grid ines If you are using XL2007 check out this option under ExcelOptions>Advanced>Display options for this workbook. -- Jacob "Dadada" wrote: > I have seen an Excel document that has a row of cells which can be selected > There is no grid b...

Add borders in Microsoft Office Word 2007
A plain text document may be enough to satisfy the requirements of an assignment, but text alone often pales next to the colorful content students see on the Web and on television. In Microsoft Office Word 2007 and other 2007 Office suites programs, students can add visual appeal to their work with borders, outlines, fill colors, and effects. These graphical elements can be added to a page and to most other objects on the page, such as tables, pictures, text boxes, and WordArt. If used properly, borders can help students learn how to separate and emphasize ideas and to create a balan...

Publisher words on black box are not printing & images are solid
I am new to publisher and have created a newsletter. My title is a black text box with red text and white text. When I print out to view the page the text prints black that is in the box. I have attempted to bring it forward like I would in corel draw but it is not working. The print preview shows the wording? My graphic is also printing solid black but is showing fine on the print preview. Sounds like a printer problem; check for an updated driver. -- Don Vancouver, USA "JJones Broadstone RE" <JJones Broadstone RE@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message ne...

opening CFileDialog from modeless or creating modeless CFileDialog
Hey everyone, got a quick questions again as I went and messed up my MFC app and now can't seem to find a solution to my problem. My Old program was simply 1 modal dialog box (call it EDITOR) and when the user clicked "open" it called CFileDialog (of course domodal()) and everything worked fine. Now however I have a different dialog box as the modal, which in turn CREATEs (modeless :) my EDITOR. (This so far of course works fine). However whenever I click on the "open" button the program immediately crashes (bringing up dbgrpt.c) basically telling me that the CFile:...

Save visio as WMF, insert in word, paste to outlook problem
I'm using Outlook Web Access. The application requires that I cut and paste from a Word document into Outlook Mail - usually as a reply to incoming mail. I have created some diagrams (in Visio), saved them in .WMF format, and inserted them into the Word document, and all looks well and prints well. When I highlight the appropriate section in the Word document and copy/paste it into the mail, all the lines disappear! - text is intact. Diagrams are meaningless! Am I doing something wrong, or is there a better way? I have used some attachments, but many corporate email systems reject or st...

Something like Indirect
Indirect can only be used from within the same worksheet. I want to reference cells on another worksheet. I have tried $ but the reference changes when the cells on the source worksheet are moved. Is there any way to reference cells on another worksheet which would work like indirect? You can use INDIRECT() across worksheets: On sheet 1: A1: =INDIRECT("Sheet2!J1") will return the value in sheet2, cell J1. You could also name the range on the second sheet (say "myRng"), and use =INDIRECT("myRng") In article <mcVlb.3040$wc3.2454@newsread...

Problem with word
I use Outlook for my email program. It uses MS Word for typing and reading emails. How can I stop this. I do not want to use Word. Thanks. "HP" <jdonaldallen@charter.net> wrote in message news:r2Hsf.3940$Z95.581@fe04.lga... >I use Outlook for my email program. It uses MS Word for typing and reading > emails. > How can I stop this. I do not want to use Word. > Thanks. > > Choose Options from the Tools drop down menu. Click on the Mail Format tab, uncheck User Microsoft Office Word.... (both occurrences) Thanks...it worked. "Chuck Davis"...