CFileDialog does not show Network mapped drives

I have write some simple code,this code does not shows network mapped
drives when we run it under system account, otherwise under user
account it shows them correctly.

Any body tell me why did its behaviour change under system account,
and how we can do it under system account.

CFileDialog fileDlg(TRUE);
fileDlg.DoModal();

Regards,
CrimeMaster

0
ajmal798 (10)
3/16/2007 10:59:33 AM
vc.mfc 33608 articles. 0 followers. Follow

This may be a dumb question, but worth asking.  Since mapped drives are
stored by user, does the "system account' have the same mapped drives and
the "user account".  What shows up in Windows Explorer?

Tom

"CrimeMaster" <ajmal798@gmail.com> wrote in message
>I have write some simple code,this code does not shows network mapped
> drives when we run it under system account, otherwise under user
> account it shows them correctly.
>
> Any body tell me why did its behaviour change under system account,
> and how we can do it under system account.
>
> CFileDialog fileDlg(TRUE);
> fileDlg.DoModal();
>
> Regards,
> CrimeMaster

0
tom.nospam (3240)
3/16/2007 2:15:38 PM
Network drives are not mapped except to the current logged-in user.  So if I log in as
"USER1" and map the network drives, this has absolutely no effect on what happens if I log
in as "USER2".  If "USER1" is the user account and "USER2" is the system account, this
would explain it.
				joe

On 16 Mar 2007 03:59:33 -0700, "CrimeMaster" <ajmal798@gmail.com> wrote:

>I have write some simple code,this code does not shows network mapped
>drives when we run it under system account, otherwise under user
>account it shows them correctly.
>
>Any body tell me why did its behaviour change under system account,
>and how we can do it under system account.
>
>CFileDialog fileDlg(TRUE);
>fileDlg.DoModal();
>
>Regards,
>CrimeMaster
Joseph M. Newcomer [MVP]
email: newcomer@flounder.com
Web: http://www.flounder.com
newcomer (15972)

Personal folder size showing different
Hello all, Pls help me. I had a question. Why is outlook personal folder size showing 2706KB but in Windows explorer it shows only 2500KB... why does it show different and not the same... appreciate reply asap. thanks ...

Outlook does not show my saved emails just folders
I had to do full restore After restoring Office 2007 pro I installed outlook connector when i setup Outlook all of my folders appeared however my saved emails in those folders are not there all my folders are empty How come? What can I do? are you talking about the hotmail/msn/live mail folders or some other folders? -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Author, Teach Yourself Outlook 2003 in 24 Hours Need Help with Common Tasks? http://www.outlook-tips.net/beginner/ Outlook 2007: http://www.slipstick.com/outlook/ol2007/ Outlook Tips by email: dailytips-subscribe-request@lists.outlooktips....

Network Drives
I have a number of Excel files on a network server which it is mapped on my PC as the 'H' drive, however for some users this drive is mapped as their 'K' drive. I have created links to various Access databases for which they auto update when I open the Excel spreadsheets. However when users (who see the drive as 'K') try to open this file, they get an error stating that the file cannot be found. I have the same problem to some degree with macros which need to open or update other spreadsheets. Is there a way to specify the server name and full path rather than H:\Sales...

Saving a Word document to a flash disk on an external USB drive
Version: 2008 Processor: intel I have a Mac Book Pro and an running Office for Apple I just need to know how to choose the USB drive when saving a word doc. When I go to save document I cannot see how to choose the flash disk in a usb drive Thanks In article <59b52a78.-1@webcrossing.caR9absDaxw>, erica@officeformac.com wrote: > Version: 2008 > Processor: intel > > I have a Mac Book Pro and an running Office for Apple > > I just need to know how to choose the USB drive when saving a word doc. When > I go to save document I cannot see how to choose the flash d...

ID of CFileDialog
Hi all, i am trying to find Resource ID of CFileDialog, what number is it? i can know this? Let me know if you can help me. Thanks Duy It is not a resource in your project. The dialog is created by Windows when you call GetOpenFileName / GetSaveFileName. -- Sheng Jiang Microsoft MVP in VC++ "James Duy Trinh" <vietdoor@gmail.com> wrote in message news:eOrRoVReIHA.1212@TK2MSFTNGP05.phx.gbl... > Hi all, > > i am trying to find Resource ID of CFileDialog, what number is it? i can > know this? > > Let me know if you can help me. Thanks > > Duy > ...

E-mails not showing up
I'm having an odd problem. One of my vendors e-mails me a text file everyday. When they first started doing it, they wouldn't show up in my inbox. Then, all of a sudden - with no change on either end - they started appearing (not the old ones, just the new ones on a daily basis). Now, they've stopped again. I've done some testing and found that: 1) If I change my e-mail address with the vendor to my yahoo.com address, the e-mail goes through fine. From yahoo, I can forward it to my company e-mail no problem. 2) If I change my e-mail address with the vendor to one I h...

Deployment Manager Empty or Broke
Try logging in as the admin user that installed CRM on the CRM server. Deployment Manager should show Server Mgr/License Mgr/User Mgr. If Server and User is missing then most likely the Admin user that installed CRM is set to disabled in CRM. When you install CRM 3.0 it creates that user as the admin in CRM. Once a user is created it cannot be removed, only disabled. So unless you've gone into the DB and did some editing directly to the tables, the user should still be there in CRM. Log into CRM as an admin and go to Settings/Business Unit Settings/Users. Then in the upper right ch...

General Journal grid show/hide buttons
When I try this in GP 9 in the Transaction Entry screen (general journal): Private Sub Window_AfterOpen() ScrollExpandSwitch = 1 End Sub I get this: Run-time error 1008; Unsafe operation... How do I fix this? -- Grant Rexer Hi Grant What you have found here is a little more complex that it should be. The Scrolling window shrink and expand buttons are actually made up of 4 fields. Two hidden buttons and two visual switches. On this window, the non-editable switches are laid out above the hidden, but editable, buttons. This means that you are selecting the Switches and not the bu...

CRM Appointments not showing in Outlook Calendar
Hi, When I create Appointments in the thin client (IE), these does not show in Outlook Calendar. However, if I create the Appointment through Outlook (online using the Activity view) it works, and it works if I create the Appointment with the Outlook toolbar button. Should it be possible to get the Outlook appointment using thin client in IE ? Is this a known problem ? Is the configuration wrong in any way ? Please help! Best regards, Peter Peter, The integration for appointtments is actually done via the SFO client. When you go offline it will synchronize the CRM data with Exchange. ...

Crash using CFileDialog
Hi I am using VS6, SP6, XP-SP1 using MFC as dynamic DLL. I am having a crash when using CFileDialog. Searching net revealed that there is a bug in CFiledialog, but that was fixed in SP6. Crash occurs in destructor of CFileDialog. Can you please guide me to some quick Fix. -- Best regards Shrishail Rana Was the class used as a base class in another class? How did you initalize the CFileDialog class? Directly as ususal. The same code was working properly when MFC was used as static link library. -- Best regards Shrishail Rana CFileDialog fileDlg(TRUE, NULL, NULL, OFN_HIDERE...

How do I do a slide show in Publisher?
I need to do a slide show from Publisher...how? No tools found to help! Publisher doesn't do slide shows. Try PowerPoint... -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com http://officebeta.iponet.net/en-us/publisher/FX100649111033.aspx "Susan" <Susan@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:BB3B5FA1-0DB9-4E03-8B24-234FC1B50882@microsoft.com... >I need to do a slide show from Publisher...how? No tools found to help! Susan wrote: > I need to do a slide show from Publisher > ...how? No tools ...

CFileDialog
Windows 7 has changed the rules for the member lpstrInitialDir of CFileDialog to: 1. If lpstrInitialDir has the same value as was passed the first time the application used an Open or Save As dialog box, the path most recently selected by the user is used as the initial directory. I want to be able to set the path to what I want not what the first time it was used was. Is there a way to do this? Thank you, Tim ...

Show Billing Period
Hi, I want help regarding showing the Billing Period for each of my customer in the database.The Billing Period is Generally of 30 days for each customer.I had many customers with different Billing Cycles for each of them. My question to the forum,is How would i show the billing periods for each customer basing on the first bill generated date. For example, if A's bill is generated for the first time on 23/04/2010,with the first billing period as 22/03/2010 - 22/04/2010.The Next billing cycle is for 30 days. How to calculate the Next billing cycle for each month for the...

Macro / Autofilter / Show All Data
Hi, I wrote in the macro ActiveSheet.ShowAllData but if no filtering is set, I get error message. Is it possible to say something like If 'filtered...' Thanks and regards, Cousin Excel The easiest way will be by adding: On Error resume Next as the first command of the macro. Micky "CousinExcel" wrote: > Hi, > > I wrote in the macro > ActiveSheet.ShowAllData > but if no filtering is set, I get error message. > Is it possible to say something like > I...

form calculation not showing in table
Hi i have a table with loan amount and charges which add up to create a balance which is also a field in the table. i have created the form for this table and created the calculation for the balance field to add up the loan amount and charges. The calculation on the form adds up correctly, the problem is that i dont understand why the balance data is not going into the balance table. the loan amount and charges inputted on the form is being entered onto the table, yet the balance is not. Can someone tell me what i am doing wrong, or if i should be doing it a different way. thanks in ...

Changing Content of mapped Fields
Hello, is there a way to change the content of mapped fields? I have got an custom entitie which is mpped with company and offer. If I creat my entitie from "company" the mapped field (companynumber) is set its value as it should be, in my costom entitie field "customernumber". Creating a new record from my custom entitie and select via mapped lookup field a company the mapped entitie field remains blank. Also having an other field mapped to an entitie. By changing data in the source field the mapped field won't change (update) either. How could the solution loo...

Mapping of ID fields
I created an custom entity with parent relationship from Opportunity. I can map Name and other fields from opportunity to this new entity fields, but what is the right way to map the Account (potential customer) from Opportunity to custom field in the new custom entity? Thanks Feek ...

Formatting to show/not show "DUE" and "RECEIVED" in cell
Hi, I am setting up a register to show when/if my drivers have handed in their Tacho charts on time. So far I have this formula at C7 and now I'm stuck :-( =IF(A2>B4+14,"DUE") A2 is =today() B4 is whatever the week commencing date may be. What I would like is for "DUE" to appear in C7 14 days after the week commencing date at B4 (so far so good!!), but when I put the number of charts received in B7 "DUE" would be changed to "RECEIVED". Hope it makes sense and you can help. Thx "kevhatch" wrote: > Hi, I am setting up a r...

Network Time Out
Can I change the time in which WMP gives up on a url that it is playing from? I need to change the time or get rid of the feature all together if possible.. I need WNP to keep checking to see if the feed is available!!! Anyone got any ideas!? On Wed, 17 Mar 2010 10:30:01 -0700, DaveMann <DaveMann@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > >Can I change the time in which WMP gives up on a url that it is playing from? >I need to change the time or get rid of the feature all together if >possible.. I need WNP to keep checking to see if the feed is available!!! >An...

Network not viewable
I have a mixed network of both WinXP, Vista and FreeBSD computers. They had all been working fine until a few days ago. Suddenly, I can no longer view any of the other computers on the Window's machines. I can type in the machine's IP or BIOS name and then I can then access it. However, when I try to view or access any of the other computers via "My Network Places", all I receive is an error message that the workgroup path was not found. I have tried (I think) the usually steps to correct the problem. Since it did work preciously, and since all of the Windows machin...

Showing negative hours
I have created a timesheet to calculate hours worked - this total is shown as h:mm. The standard working hours (7) are then deducted off this to show overtime/undertime. It does not work if for example someone works 6h 45m (15 mins undertime) I would like to show -h:mm but cannot find out how to display "negative" time any help would be appreciated Tools/Options/Calculation, check the 1904 Date system checkbox. Note that this will increase any existing dates in the workbook by 4 years and 1 day, but subsequent date entries will be handled correctly. In article <1239...

Needs to show the different company address in SOP
Hi, On top left side of the SOP invoice, there lists company primary address information which is controlled through company address setup. Now we had a separate showroom sales in different locations. How can I show a different company address when the sales is done through that location. We have to show different company address from these two locations. My first thought is through the site setup where I can enter different address for each site. But I think I have to modify the report writer, which I am not good at. So is there any alternative way to do that? ...

Distribution list no longer showing up
We recently migrated from Exchange 2k to Exchange 2003, everything seem to run pretty smoothly from the migration, but now the Distribution Lists from AD are not showing up in our Outlook2003 clients. All the users show up fine, just not the DLs created in the AD. The funny thing is that when sending an email, I'll type a particular DL, (companyX-clerks) in the TO field, and it will recognize it and complete it for me, then I'll hit send and it goes to all users in that group. But yet, the DLs is not showing up at all. Any ideas or help would be appreciated. Thanks. ...

How do I get the zeros to show up in the beginning of a number?
I need to have zip codes in a spreadsheet, but when I type in the zip code, the zeros at the beginning disappear. How do I prevent this from happening. For example, 01234 automatically turns into 1234 which won't be the correct zip code when I mail merge the information. Use text zips, precede the entry with an apostrophe or pre-format cells as text and the leading zero will display http://www.mvps.org/dmcritchie/excel/mailmerg.htm Regards, Peo Sjoblom "cmreisner" wrote: > I need to have zip codes in a spreadsheet, but when I type in the zip code, > the zeros at ...

opening CFileDialog from modeless or creating modeless CFileDialog
Hey everyone, got a quick questions again as I went and messed up my MFC app and now can't seem to find a solution to my problem. My Old program was simply 1 modal dialog box (call it EDITOR) and when the user clicked "open" it called CFileDialog (of course domodal()) and everything worked fine. Now however I have a different dialog box as the modal, which in turn CREATEs (modeless :) my EDITOR. (This so far of course works fine). However whenever I click on the "open" button the program immediately crashes (bringing up dbgrpt.c) basically telling me that the CFile:...