CFileDialog cannot be moved in the left mouse button on MDI title

Hi all,
I has problem and enigma.
MDI app was created by MFC AppWizard(exe).
This MDI app displays help document by F1 Key.
If F1 key is pushed without help document,
CFileDialog to select Help document(.chm) file is displayed.

The problem occurs by operation as follows.
- Delete Help Document(.chm).
- You keep clicking title bar.
- You push F1 key. CFileDialog is displayed.
You notice that CFileDialog window cannot be moved.

Would someone please help with this issue?
I want to know the issue and solution.

-Dev Env-
Windows XP(32bit), VC6.0 SP6

-- Define --
CMainFrame class defines WinHelp().
DoModal method of CFileDialog class in WinHelp() is used.

-- Code --
void CMainFrame::WinHelp(DWORD dwData, UINT nCmd) {
   CFileDialog test( TRUE );
   test.DoModal();
  CMDIFrameWnd::WinHelp(dwData, nCmd);
}

Best Regards.
Whit Hede.
0
Whithede (1)
5/8/2007 3:48:01 AM
vc.mfc 33608 articles. 0 followers. Follow

Moving a company
Hi, I need to move a GP deployment to another server. How can I move everything from one place to the other? Data? Customizations? the company itself? Please help me There could be pieces that you're leaving out unintentionally, like third-party software. However, from a GP/FRx perspective, you can start with knowledgebase article 878449. It walks through the SQL Server pieces of moving data from one server to another. Additionally, it has scripts for capturing the SQL logins and putting them on the new server. For FRx, you may need to move the sysdata and io_data folders to ...

Returning moved mails from Mailbox-folder
I am using Microsoft Office Outlook 2007 and I accidentally moved some mails to "Mailbox"-folder instead of "Mailbox->Inbox"-folder. Is there any possibility to return those mails from Mailbox-folder or are they lost for ever? Sure, you can get them back. Right click on the folder (you'll see outlook today come up when you select it) and choose properties. Turn off the folder home page on the Folder Home page tab, move the mail then repeat the steps to turn it back on. -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook-tips.net/ ...

Spin Buttons and Percentages
When setting up a spin button, is it possible to use something other than whole numbers? I want to use between 60% and 100% and move by 1% increments, but it seems only to let me use the numbers 60, 100 and 1. When I key in percentages, it rejects it. Is it possible to do that? Thanks! So how about using a helper cell that points at the linked cell: =a1/100 (even format as a percentage) TKrepitch@aol.com wrote: > > When setting up a spin button, is it possible to use something other > than whole numbers? > > I want to use between 60% and 100% and move by 1% increment...

Shapes on Worksheets Move And Resize
Hi all, Using Excel 2007 I have several shapes thoughout my workbook I got everyhting looking great, saved, shut down Came back a few days later, all of the shapes on different worksheets are moved and/or resized Any idea what is going on? Thanks goss ...

missing "advanced" button in export
Using A2003 with A2k format. I'm trying to create an export spec. I've done this before but it's been quite a while (and probably under straight A2k). I remember going to the export option and in the screen where you specify the file name and type, you click the "Format" checkbox and then at some point you get a wizard with an "advanced" option. I'm not even getting to the wizard. It seems to be missing. I checked my installation of Access and everything seems to be installed. Can anyone tell me what might be wrong here? THanks, Keith Never mind. I se...

mailbox move #4
Hello, Installed Exch2003 into our existing site (5.5) and have started moving mailboxes. Have moved approx. 30 with no issues, but I moved a user and she now has a mailbox in both servers (2003 & 5.5). She is receiving internal emails no problem but external emails are going to her 5.5 mailbox which she doesn't access. Any help would be appreciataed. Try to run the move mailbox wizard against her mailbox again and see if that clears this problem up. That used to fix some problems like this in Exchange 5.5, but I have not seen it in 2003. -- Jim McBee - MostlyExchange Blog: ...

Moving Mail Accounts from ServerA to ServerB
Hi everyone.. I have 2 Exchange 2003 installations, not on the same network. I want to move all the mail accounts from ServerA to ServerB.. if possible, to move the whole store... I have already mail on ServerB.. and i want to keep the mail seperate.. Let me know what's the best way.. - ConfuzedOne Are these servers in different Forests and Exchange Orgs? If so, then you'll want to look into the Exchange Migration Wizard (328871 HOW TO: Use the Exchange Migration Wizard to Migrate Mailboxes From an http://support.microsoft.com/?id=328871) and Microsoft Identity Integration Ser...

ID of CFileDialog
Hi all, i am trying to find Resource ID of CFileDialog, what number is it? i can know this? Let me know if you can help me. Thanks Duy It is not a resource in your project. The dialog is created by Windows when you call GetOpenFileName / GetSaveFileName. -- Sheng Jiang Microsoft MVP in VC++ "James Duy Trinh" <vietdoor@gmail.com> wrote in message news:eOrRoVReIHA.1212@TK2MSFTNGP05.phx.gbl... > Hi all, > > i am trying to find Resource ID of CFileDialog, what number is it? i can > know this? > > Let me know if you can help me. Thanks > > Duy > ...

Hyperlink and custom buttons
A hyperlink is used to link one sheet to another. The problem I have is that the linked sheet does not display custom toolbar buttons I have created. If in the otherhand the linked sheet is displayed in the normal way the custom toolbar buttons display. Anyone know why this should happen? Pat ...

Toggle Text button between two options code needed
I've been attempting to add a toggle button to a custom ribbon menu group called "Old Summary Fixes" on a "Summary Edits" tab. Not sure how to proceed after reading up on the subject. I just want to put the text in either a yes or no status as below. Here's what I have so far; Sub TogglEncumb_click(Optional control As IRibbonControl) Case No Range("B36").Select ActiveCell.FormulaR1C1 = "ENCUMBRANCE(S) : YES ( ) NO ( X )" Case Yes Range("B36").Select ActiveCell.FormulaR1C1 = &quo...

General Journal grid show/hide buttons
When I try this in GP 9 in the Transaction Entry screen (general journal): Private Sub Window_AfterOpen() ScrollExpandSwitch = 1 End Sub I get this: Run-time error 1008; Unsafe operation... How do I fix this? -- Grant Rexer Hi Grant What you have found here is a little more complex that it should be. The Scrolling window shrink and expand buttons are actually made up of 4 fields. Two hidden buttons and two visual switches. On this window, the non-editable switches are laid out above the hidden, but editable, buttons. This means that you are selecting the Switches and not the bu...

Charts moving unexpectly when printing in Excel 2003
Sorry if this was already posted, but I am attempting to overlay a chart made in Excel 2003 over a picture that has a chart on it to show the difference in real and simulated tests. I realize I could also make a new chart of the data in the picture. The issue I am having is when I attempt to print a page that I have done this on (or go into print preview,) the chart made in excel moves several pixels to the right and up, and it changes the scale of the graph. A chart made on another computer moved differently, it moved to the left and scaled it down a little. I tried to change t...

Moving Slides In Power Point
I have about 100 slides that need some sorting. I generally can accomplish this in the normal viewer, by grabbing and moving the slides in the left pane up or down. For some reason, the slides will not move where intended. The horizontal bar which indicates the position of the slide being moved, may not appear for intervals of 5-10 slides or greater. Any ideas??? Hi Robert- Hard to say why there's a problem. Have you tried moving a smaller number of slides, maybe only one or two at a time? If that works it suggests the may not be enough RAM to handle the larger task. Sorry I can'...

Toolbar with Back Button won't appear
When I am online, the toolbar with the back button and the address is gone. The space is vacant. Any ideas? Thank you. hit the F11 key >WT< "Leen3611" <Leen3611@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:2F702400-84CD-44C9-963F-49F94D616F01@microsoft.com... > When I am online, the toolbar with the back button and the address is > gone. > The space is vacant. Any ideas? Thank you. ...

Crash using CFileDialog
Hi I am using VS6, SP6, XP-SP1 using MFC as dynamic DLL. I am having a crash when using CFileDialog. Searching net revealed that there is a bug in CFiledialog, but that was fixed in SP6. Crash occurs in destructor of CFileDialog. Can you please guide me to some quick Fix. -- Best regards Shrishail Rana Was the class used as a base class in another class? How did you initalize the CFileDialog class? Directly as ususal. The same code was working properly when MFC was used as static link library. -- Best regards Shrishail Rana CFileDialog fileDlg(TRUE, NULL, NULL, OFN_HIDERE...

Comments for command button
Hi, How can we set a comment for a command button ? Is it possible ? Note: Currently, i'm just setting a comment in the cell on which the button is, but i find it odd to work with when i increase/decrease the width of the cell. Hence, i am looking for some way to show a comment abt the button. Any help in this regard is appreciated. Thank You. Regards, Giri Like a tooltip on a userform?? I don't think so. Could you just use an adjacent cell or make the caption more explicit? Giri wrote: > > Hi, > > How can we set a comment for a command button ? Is it > po...

Excel 2003: What happened to the '=' button in the formular bar
I've just upgraded from Excel 2000 to Excel 2003. The most important change I've noticed is that the '=' sign in the formula bar has been replaced with the function (e.g. fx) button. This is somewhat annoying because I was used to starting my formulas by clicking on the = sign and then pointing at various cells to include in a formula. Is this user replaceable in some way so I can get the '=' sign back or am I missing something important in terms of new functionality? TIA for any help you can provide Smokey ------------------------------- smokey_j@hotmail.com "...

CFileDialog
Windows 7 has changed the rules for the member lpstrInitialDir of CFileDialog to: 1. If lpstrInitialDir has the same value as was passed the first time the application used an Open or Save As dialog box, the path most recently selected by the user is used as the initial directory. I want to be able to set the path to what I want not what the first time it was used was. Is there a way to do this? Thank you, Tim ...

Move cell info and info in range of cells on new entry
I would like to enter info into exsiting cell and when I hit enter the existing info would move down one row. B C D E 5 Enter new info her existing info moves down 6 7 Thanks for the help. -- JoAnn You could use a worksheet_change event macro within your sheet module to do this when you enter a value into the last column of the existing row. -- Don Guillett Microsoft MVP Excel SalesAid Software dguillett@gmail.com "abc" <abc@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:8378874C-D0D0-4E73-98F6-F48E61B60898@microsoft.com......

Moving picture from folder
hOW TO MOVE A PICTURE FROM FOLDER TO ANOTHER? ROBERT B.KINARD On Fri, 14 May 2010 08:05:01 -0700, ROBERT B.KINARD <ROBERT B.KINARD@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >hOW TO MOVE A PICTURE FROM FOLDER TO ANOTHER? > ROBERT B.KINARD In Windows? Right click it with the mouse. Select "Cut" from the menu. This will copy it to the clipboard. Open the other folder, rightclick somewhere in it, and select Paste. Note that this forum is for technical questions about the database software Microsoft ...

How do I make a rule to move incoming messages from a specific domain
I'd like to move all my messages fro the @paypal.com an @ebay.com domain to dedicated folders. How would I do that? (regardless of what preceeds the @) Jerry Click on TOOLS>RULES>NEW, Then select start from blank rule, Select when CHECK WHEN MESSAGE ARRIVES, next, then select WITH SPECIFIC WORDS IN THE SENDER'S ADDRESS, then in the lower window, click on "SPECIFIC WORD", then add your filter phrases ("@ebay.com", "@paypal.com", etc) you can keep adding them in here, then next slect what action you want to do (move to folders) and select which ...

Move To Folder...
I used Moved to Folder option on an email and double clicked on my mailbox and the message is gone anyone know where this could of gone? I have Outlook 2000 TIA D ...

Catch Mouse lbutton on window border?
Hey, When the mouse goes over to the edge of a window its cursor changes to a left right arrow (letting us know to resize the window). How do I capture the lbuttondown when it is in this position, not just the OnSize event. Thanks, Wayne "Wayne Ransier" <vsense@netcarrier.com> wrote in message news:uG1cHmdjDHA.1456@tk2msftngp13.phx.gbl... > Hey, > > When the mouse goes over to the edge of a window its cursor changes to a > left right arrow (letting us know to resize the window). How do I capture > the lbuttondown when it is in this position, not just the O...

moving cursor
how will i move the cursor to the right in ms excel without using the mouse Use either the TAB key or the RIGHTAROW key -- Gary''s Student - gsnu200811 Hi, If this is the way you want to move most of the time, then choose Tools, Options, Edit tab and under Move selection on Enter choose Right for the Direction. -- Thanks, Shane Devenshire "aby" wrote: > how will i move the cursor to the right in ms excel without using the mouse ...

If activity still open move to a new case
Hello, could someone tell me if this is possible... In a case if there is not enough enough time to complete all set activities in the case I want to be able to close the case and export the open activities to a new case. is it possible? Regards Ian ...