CEdit will not accept text. What do I do?

Here is the scenario. I have a dialog which owns a popup window which
owns a cedit control. When I set the focus to the edit control the
caret blinks in the control and I can use the following keys: Insert,
delete, home, end, page up, page down, and the arrow keys. I can't type
any character into the control. I can highlight text and delete it, I
can right click and paste into the control, but when I hit a letter,
number or symbol key nothing happens. I have placed a break point in
the control's OnKeyUp and OnKeyDown functions and the points are hit. I
have even tried calling OnChar from the OnKeyDown, but still nothing
happens. Please tell me what I'm doing wrong.

vc.mfc 33608 articles. 0 followers. Follow

Cliff wrote:
> Here is the scenario. I have a dialog which owns a popup window which
> owns a cedit control. When I set the focus to the edit control the
> caret blinks in the control and I can use the following keys: Insert,
> delete, home, end, page up, page down, and the arrow keys. I can't type
> any character into the control. I can highlight text and delete it, I
> can right click and paste into the control, but when I hit a letter,
> number or symbol key nothing happens. I have placed a break point in
> the control's OnKeyUp and OnKeyDown functions and the points are hit. I
> have even tried calling OnChar from the OnKeyDown, but still nothing
> happens. Please tell me what I'm doing wrong.

See if it has a PreTranslateMessage which is precluding these chars to
get to it. There has to be something there which is doing this. It does
appear that your control is enabled and its not readonly.

---
Ajay

0
ajaykalra (6842)
11/13/2006 5:51:55 PM
Cliff wrote:
> Here is the scenario. I have a dialog which owns a popup window which
> owns a cedit control. When I set the focus to the edit control the
> caret blinks in the control and I can use the following keys: Insert,
> delete, home, end, page up, page down, and the arrow keys. I can't type
> any character into the control. I can highlight text and delete it, I
> can right click and paste into the control, but when I hit a letter,
> number or symbol key nothing happens. I have placed a break point in
> the control's OnKeyUp and OnKeyDown functions and the points are hit. I
> have even tried calling OnChar from the OnKeyDown, but still nothing
> happens. Please tell me what I'm doing wrong.

See if it has a PreTranslateMessage which is precluding these chars to
get to it. There has to be something there which is doing this. It does
appear that your control is enabled and its not readonly.

---
Ajay

0
ajaykalra (6842)
11/13/2006 5:51:58 PM
I'm not sure what you're trying to do, but could you call CEdit::OnWhatever
before or after your code that you added?

"Cliff" wrote:

> Here is the scenario. I have a dialog which owns a popup window which
> owns a cedit control. When I set the focus to the edit control the
> caret blinks in the control and I can use the following keys: Insert,
> delete, home, end, page up, page down, and the arrow keys. I can't type
> any character into the control. I can highlight text and delete it, I
> can right click and paste into the control, but when I hit a letter,
> number or symbol key nothing happens. I have placed a break point in
> the control's OnKeyUp and OnKeyDown functions and the points are hit. I
> have even tried calling OnChar from the OnKeyDown, but still nothing
> happens. Please tell me what I'm doing wrong.

0
Saul775 (62)
11/13/2006 5:52:01 PM
You mentioned that this is a CEdit control, but that you are checking the
function for it.  Did you derive your own control froM CEdit?  If so you may
want to try it with the standard control to see if that works OK and that
would point to the new control as the problem.  Also, are you using the
control anywhere else successfully?

Tom

"Cliff" <cliff.newton@gmail.com> wrote in message
> Here is the scenario. I have a dialog which owns a popup window which
> owns a cedit control. When I set the focus to the edit control the
> caret blinks in the control and I can use the following keys: Insert,
> delete, home, end, page up, page down, and the arrow keys. I can't type
> any character into the control. I can highlight text and delete it, I
> can right click and paste into the control, but when I hit a letter,
> number or symbol key nothing happens. I have placed a break point in
> the control's OnKeyUp and OnKeyDown functions and the points are hit. I
> have even tried calling OnChar from the OnKeyDown, but still nothing
> happens. Please tell me what I'm doing wrong.

0
tserface (3860)
11/13/2006 9:03:11 PM
Ok, I've checked for anything that would override the onChar function.
There isn't a PreTranslateMessage function in any of the classes (the
dialog, popup window, or edit control). I've also checked the three
classes for WindowProcs that may have a handler that would prevent the
edit from processing the WM_CHAR message. There are a couple of OnKeyUp
handlers and even a handler in a WindowProc, but even upon removing all
of those handlers the OnChar still doesn't place any characters in the
edit control. Like I said earlier the OnKeyDown is getting called and I
call OnChar from my overridden onKeyDown. The only thing that I can
come up with is that either my edit has a style set wrong, or for some
reason, the OnChar never interprets the character as a non-system
character.
Here is my code for creating the edit control.

m_Edit.CreateEx (WS_EX_CLIENTEDGE | WS_EX_TOPMOST, _T("EDIT"), "",
ES_AUTOHSCROLL | WS_TABSTOP | WS_CHILD | WS_VISIBLE, Rect, this, 8000);

Thanks for any help :)

On Nov 13, 11:51 am, "Ajay Kalra" <ajayka...@yahoo.com> wrote:
> Cliff wrote:
> > Here is the scenario. I have a dialog which owns a popup window which
> > owns a cedit control. When I set the focus to the edit control the
> > caret blinks in the control and I can use the following keys: Insert,
> > delete, home, end, page up, page down, and the arrow keys. I can't type
> > any character into the control. I can highlight text and delete it, I
> > can right click and paste into the control, but when I hit a letter,
> > number or symbol key nothing happens. I have placed a break point in
> > the control's OnKeyUp and OnKeyDown functions and the points are hit. I
> > have even tried calling OnChar from the OnKeyDown, but still nothing
> > happens. Please tell me what I'm doing wrong.See if it has a PreTranslateMessage which is precluding these chars to
> get to it. There has to be something there which is doing this. It does
> appear that your control is enabled and its not readonly.
>
> ---
> Ajay

> m_Edit.CreateEx (WS_EX_CLIENTEDGE | WS_EX_TOPMOST, _T("EDIT"), "",
> ES_AUTOHSCROLL | WS_TABSTOP | WS_CHILD | WS_VISIBLE, Rect, this, 8000);

There is nothing here which will preclude some chars. Is m_Edit of type
CEdit or is it your class derived from CEdit? Can you make it CEdit
instead(if its of different class) and see if that makes any
difference?

---
Ajay

0
ajaykalra (6842)
11/13/2006 9:17:40 PM
Yes, this is a class derived from CEdit, and I have tried the base
CEdit and it still didn't work. In my hasty posting I forgot to mention
that the popup window is a class derived from the CTreeCtrl. My derived
tree is a tree with checkboxes beside each item (not actual check boxes
just images). The user can check or uncheck each of these boxes. This
control works fine, but I need to add the ability to allow the user to
add more items to the check list. I wanted to just use the edit labels
style of the tree to accomplish this, but I only wanted the user to be
able to edit one label in particular so I dropped the edit labels idea.
Now I am taking the course of loading the tree and having one node at
the top that the user can edit. The user can double click this item and
my derived edit control will show up. The edit control will
auto-suggest items that are already in the list below (just in case the
user overlooks an item). Upon pressing enter in the edit control the
tree will do one of two things. 1) If the item that was typed in is
already in the list then the tree will check that item and hide the
edit control or 2) add the new item and check it.

Whew, with that being said I can tell you this. I tried the edit labels
style just for the heck of it and even then I couldn't enter any
characters into the edit that shows up by default. (The edit for the
CTreeCtrl that is).

Ok, I know that was a lot of info left out on the first post, but I'm
at work and well time is always short.

Thanks ahead of time for any help.

On Nov 13, 3:03 pm, "Tom Serface" <tserf...@msn.com> wrote:
> You mentioned that this is a CEdit control, but that you are checking the
> function for it.  Did you derive your own control froM CEdit?  If so you may
> want to try it with the standard control to see if that works OK and that
> would point to the new control as the problem.  Also, are you using the
> control anywhere else successfully?
>
> Tom
>
> "Cliff" <cliff.new...@gmail.com> wrote in messagenews:1163439048.142829.106370@b28g2000cwb.googlegroups.com...
>
> > Here is the scenario. I have a dialog which owns a popup window which
> > owns a cedit control. When I set the focus to the edit control the
> > caret blinks in the control and I can use the following keys: Insert,
> > delete, home, end, page up, page down, and the arrow keys. I can't type
> > any character into the control. I can highlight text and delete it, I
> > can right click and paste into the control, but when I hit a letter,
> > number or symbol key nothing happens. I have placed a break point in
> > the control's OnKeyUp and OnKeyDown functions and the points are hit. I
> > have even tried calling OnChar from the OnKeyDown, but still nothing
> > happens. Please tell me what I'm doing wrong.

Have you tried this without the TOPMOST style?  That might be causing your
problems.

> Ok, I've checked for anything that would override the onChar function.
> There isn't a PreTranslateMessage function in any of the classes (the
> dialog, popup window, or edit control). I've also checked the three
> classes for WindowProcs that may have a handler that would prevent the
> edit from processing the WM_CHAR message. There are a couple of OnKeyUp
> handlers and even a handler in a WindowProc, but even upon removing all
> of those handlers the OnChar still doesn't place any characters in the
> edit control. Like I said earlier the OnKeyDown is getting called and I
> call OnChar from my overridden onKeyDown. The only thing that I can
> come up with is that either my edit has a style set wrong, or for some
> reason, the OnChar never interprets the character as a non-system
> character.
> Here is my code for creating the edit control.
>
> m_Edit.CreateEx (WS_EX_CLIENTEDGE | WS_EX_TOPMOST, _T("EDIT"), "",
> ES_AUTOHSCROLL | WS_TABSTOP | WS_CHILD | WS_VISIBLE, Rect, this, 8000);
>
> Thanks for any help :)
>

> On Nov 13, 11:51 am, "Ajay Kalra" <ajayka...@yahoo.com> wrote:
>> Cliff wrote:
>> > Here is the scenario. I have a dialog which owns a popup window which
>> > owns a cedit control. When I set the focus to the edit control the
>> > caret blinks in the control and I can use the following keys: Insert,
>> > delete, home, end, page up, page down, and the arrow keys. I can't type
>> > any character into the control. I can highlight text and delete it, I
>> > can right click and paste into the control, but when I hit a letter,
>> > number or symbol key nothing happens. I have placed a break point in
>> > the control's OnKeyUp and OnKeyDown functions and the points are hit. I
>> > have even tried calling OnChar from the OnKeyDown, but still nothing
>> > happens. Please tell me what I'm doing wrong.See if it has a
>> > PreTranslateMessage which is precluding these chars to
>> get to it. There has to be something there which is doing this. It does
>> appear that your control is enabled and its not readonly.
>>
>> ---
>> Ajay

0
tserface (3860)
11/13/2006 9:47:20 PM
Maybe you have competing "Topmost" windows or perhaps you are not notifying
the parent from the control??? Difficult to say without seeing more code.

> Yes, this is a class derived from CEdit, and I have tried the base
> CEdit and it still didn't work. In my hasty posting I forgot to mention
> that the popup window is a class derived from the CTreeCtrl. My derived
> tree is a tree with checkboxes beside each item (not actual check boxes
> just images). The user can check or uncheck each of these boxes. This
> control works fine, but I need to add the ability to allow the user to
> add more items to the check list. I wanted to just use the edit labels
> style of the tree to accomplish this, but I only wanted the user to be
> able to edit one label in particular so I dropped the edit labels idea.
> Now I am taking the course of loading the tree and having one node at
> the top that the user can edit. The user can double click this item and
> my derived edit control will show up. The edit control will
> auto-suggest items that are already in the list below (just in case the
> user overlooks an item). Upon pressing enter in the edit control the
> tree will do one of two things. 1) If the item that was typed in is
> already in the list then the tree will check that item and hide the
> edit control or 2) add the new item and check it.
>
> Whew, with that being said I can tell you this. I tried the edit labels
> style just for the heck of it and even then I couldn't enter any
> characters into the edit that shows up by default. (The edit for the
> CTreeCtrl that is).
>
> Ok, I know that was a lot of info left out on the first post, but I'm
> at work and well time is always short.
>
> Thanks ahead of time for any help.
>
> On Nov 13, 3:03 pm, "Tom Serface" <tserf...@msn.com> wrote:
>> You mentioned that this is a CEdit control, but that you are checking the
>> function for it.  Did you derive your own control froM CEdit?  If so you
>> may
>> want to try it with the standard control to see if that works OK and that
>> would point to the new control as the problem.  Also, are you using the
>> control anywhere else successfully?
>>
>> Tom
>>
>> "Cliff" <cliff.new...@gmail.com> wrote in
>> messagenews:1163439048.142829.106370@b28g2000cwb.googlegroups.com...
>>
>> > Here is the scenario. I have a dialog which owns a popup window which
>> > owns a cedit control. When I set the focus to the edit control the
>> > caret blinks in the control and I can use the following keys: Insert,
>> > delete, home, end, page up, page down, and the arrow keys. I can't type
>> > any character into the control. I can highlight text and delete it, I
>> > can right click and paste into the control, but when I hit a letter,
>> > number or symbol key nothing happens. I have placed a break point in
>> > the control's OnKeyUp and OnKeyDown functions and the points are hit. I
>> > have even tried calling OnChar from the OnKeyDown, but still nothing
>> > happens. Please tell me what I'm doing wrong.

0
tserface (3860)
11/13/2006 9:50:43 PM
Is it possible you have inadvertently set the CEdit NUMERIC property and you
are trying
to type text?

"Cliff" <cliff.newton@gmail.com> wrote in message
> Here is the scenario. I have a dialog which owns a popup window which
> owns a cedit control. When I set the focus to the edit control the
> caret blinks in the control and I can use the following keys: Insert,
> delete, home, end, page up, page down, and the arrow keys. I can't type
> any character into the control. I can highlight text and delete it, I
> can right click and paste into the control, but when I hit a letter,
> number or symbol key nothing happens. I have placed a break point in
> the control's OnKeyUp and OnKeyDown functions and the points are hit. I
> have even tried calling OnChar from the OnKeyDown, but still nothing
> happens. Please tell me what I'm doing wrong.

one Outlook user in my company is having trouble seeing embedded text
I'm working with Exchange 2003 clients that use Outlook 2000 to receive SMTP mail notifications from a SQL Server. The SMTP messages have text attachments with the output of queries put into the messages. However, on one user's mailbox, I can't see the text in the message body or as an attachment, only the subject line and sender come through. Other users receive the same messages with no problem. Everyone uses the same Symantec antivirus software. When that users only uses the Outlook Web client to receive mail, the same result happens. Is their some specific security se...

CEdit Control
I have an SDI app a with CFormView. The CFormView has multiple edit controls on it. What is the best way to save the data for the conrol ie what message do I need to handle. There are one case I'm concerned about: 1. The user has selected save or exit from the top menu. I have tried handling the kill focus message for the control but if you have make changes to the edit box and have not exited it before doing a File | Save the kill focus message is not send and I don't save the data. I don't really want to update on every keystroke in the edit control since I only care ...

Can Integration Manager accept negative value?
Dear Sir, We found that amount of the cash receipts cannot be negative. Is that true? How can we handle it if we need to enter the negative figure? Thanks. Best regards, Edward Since Great Plains will not allow you to enter a negative cash receipt, neither will Integration Manager. Depending on exactly what you're trying to achieve with a negative cash receipt, a debit memo may be what you need. -- Victoria Yudin GP MVP "Edward" <Edward@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:1C282EC2-8198-4E69-BE46-50A439EF4624@microsoft.com... > Dear Sir, > >...

Amnesty for illegal immigrants will not happen this time.....................

existing workbook,want to create chart-wizard will not open
New to computers-excel,Istill believe the transitor radio just came out.Anyway, I have an exisiting spreadsheet(workbook) that i need to create chart(s) for.January thru Dec for 06 across the top of the page. 6 catagories down the left column. The chart wizard will not allow me to pull it up when I have my spreadsheet displayed. How do i create if I can't the wizard to open? ...

Spreadsheet will not return value of formula
I have a spreadsheet that will not return the value of a formula. It only states the formula. If I have say a column of numbers A1 to A6 and put the formula =sum(Aa1:Aa6) in A7 all that appears in A7 is the typed in formula not the actual sum. If I copy the column of numbers to another sheet in the workbook and put in the same formula I get back the actual sum???? In the offending workbook, check Tools >> Options, View tab, Window options section, uncheck Formulas box. Ed <jmadden35@verizon.net> wrote in message news:1161202257.037450.149520@e3g2000cwe.googlegroups.com... >...

Distribution list will not accept external email
I create a distribution list with smtp address. Internal user can email the distribution list without any problem. However, external user cannot email the distribution list. When an external user email the distribution list the email get retun with delivery failure. Any help is greatly appreciated. Thanks, BD Is it setup to accept email from authenticated users only or has any other delivery restrictions? -- Bharat Suneja MCSE, MCT -------------------------------- "Exc Distribution list" <Exc Distribution list@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:1481CEAE...

Publisher 2003 should be fixed to accept previous versions data.
Pages with pictures on them that worked just fine in Office 2000 versions are distorted when opened in Publisher 2003...is there a fix yet as I am aware this has been reported before? ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and then click "I Agree" in the message pane. http://www.microsoft.com/office/comm...

Unwanted "text to columns" when pasting text
Hi! I double-click a source cell, select some text in it and copy it via CTRL-C. Then I click a target cell and press CRTL-V to paste the selected text into this cell. However, EXEL doese an unwanted "text to columns" here, thus the text is not pasted into the target cell, but each word is pasted in a seperate cell. Example: Double-click cell A1, enter "A B" (A space B) in A. Press Return. Double-click A1 again, select the "A B" and press CRTL-C. Now click (once!) on cell B1, and press CRTL-V: In result, cell B1 contains the "A" while the "B"...

macros will not assign to buttons
Help! I cannot assign macros to my custom buttons. The dialog box appears and I can select a macro but it does not save to the button. I believe this is related to another problem I had - which was my personal.xls file did not load on start even though it was in the xl start folder. I fixed that - it was disabled by excel which I fixed by going to about excel - disabled files and selecting enable. Now personal.xls loads - but the macros will not assign. What type of button? From Tools>Customize>Commands>Macros? These customizations are stored in a file named Excel(x).xlb wher...

Will a merge work
I would like to have a single generic letter but inside this letter I need to put a list of infractions. There are only 18 infractions that can go in this letter. But you will not use all the infractions the same but need to chose one or more of these infractions and put then in the same place in the letter. Would I create the infractions in excel and do a merge? Will the merge then give you the list where you can check only the infractions that you want? Or should I be doing something different. Thanks you would create an excel template of the letter. then create a...

Code to send SMS text message?
Hi, I would like to send an SMS text message to a cel phone via code within Excel 2007. Has anyone done this? What code / services / products do I need to accomplish this? Does anyone have an example? Thanks in advance. --Dan What gateway are you using? What you would need to do is to snd a internet message to a gateway provider which would then send the messae out on the wireless land. Most likely you are using a webpage interface from your PC to interface with the gateway. So opening up an internet explorer and goiong to an URL is probably the method to use. ...

How to change the CEdit's caret?
Hi, I have an edit control for which I can change its font depending on a checkbox status. How can I change the caret back and forth depending on which font is set in the CEdit control? I appreciate any help. Thanks, Geo I don't think this is possible for a CEdit. If I were trying it, I'd subclass the CEdit and override the OnSetFocus/OnKillFocus, and do caret manipulations there, but at this point you're trying to deal with fooling the CEdit into doing what you want, and that is likely to be unsuccessful. joe On Fri, 25 Nov 2005 19:46:02 -0800, Geo <Geo@discuss...

DPM 2010 will not install client
Hi, I am runnign a 2010 DPM Server where I am trying to connect to a 2008 server. I am getting this message when I try to install the client Following machines with incompatible operating system are excluded: Any suggestions? Remm Can you please try installing the agent manually, please find detailed steps at: http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/bb870937.aspx. Thanks, Praveen D [MSFT] This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights <remm1001709@yahoo.co.uk> wrote in message news:qgtlt51pqqpgjcm7vshdbkfldh8vnjk07l@4ax....

Text reformat after accepting tracked changes
I tried this query a few days ago, but no response, so I'm trying again.... I use track changes a lot and - often - when I accept (or reject) changes as I go along, the text won't re-align/refresh itself properly. Usually you have to go away from the page and then back to it to get it to reformat propely - which is a pain. Is this a Word problem, or a screen refresh problem? It doesn't happen with any other software, so I'm inclined to blame Word. best wishes Jon -- Jon Morgan of Paraphrase Was this post helpful to you? -- Jon Morgan of Parap...

Publisher 2000 will not run under new user account on XP Pro
I added a user to the Administrators group on my XP Pro machine. After the user logs in, all of the Office Pro 2000 software works except Publisher 2000. It opens ok, but crashes when I try to close the Publisher Catalog window. I have run the Office 2000 repair utility, and removed and reinstalled under both accounts without effect. It continues to run fine under my account, but not under the new user. What have I overlooked? I forgot to mention the fault message posted on Event Viewer: Event ID 1000, Faulting application mspub.exe ver 6.0.1.438, faulting module msvcrt.dll, ve...

CEdit
Hi All, I would like to change the appereance of CEdit's buttons. Ideally, I would like to replace them with my own buttons (derived from CBitmapButton). I know all about the limitations of CEdit in terms of attempting to change the way it draws itself so before I even try to do something like this I would like to know if anyone here has any experience with that and if this scenario is even supported by CEdit. Furthermore, I would also like to draw its scrollbars. If I can't take over the drawing of its buttons and scroll bars, is it at least possible to change thei...

Subclassing CEdit in CComboBox
Hello, I'm trying to make a CComboBox derived control where the text shown in the selection box is different from any text in the combo's list. I've been following Microsoft Knowledge Base Article - 174667 (HOWTO: Subclass CListBox and CEdit Inside of CComboBox), which suggests using OnCtlColor() to get a handle for the edit control inside the combo box. My CMyComboBox is created dynamically at runtime, and I've noticed that their approach only works when the combo box is created with the CBS_DROPDOWN style. With CBS_DROPDOWNLIST the OnCtlColor() handler is never called at a...

Outlook 2000 will not close #2
I am running Outlook 2000 on WinXP. When I goto close Outlook it hangs up at the screen "Please Wait While Microsoft Outlook Exits." This started happening after I tried a beta copy of Office 2003 on another pc of mine on our network. I have tried reinstalling Outlook but it still does the same thing. I have even formatted my pc. Does anyone have any clue as to how to fix this? Thanks, I am having the same issue here, have you found a resolution to this yet? >-----Original Message----- >I am running Outlook 2000 on WinXP. > >When I goto close Outlook it hangs up...

How do you get the maximum value to display in text box form
In a form, if I have 4 text boxes and 3 of them will contain a number. How do you get the maximum value to display in the 4th. I have tried many different things, I can make it work for a single field in a table, but that finds the value through all records. I just want it to display the max value from the numbers on the form, which could be different for various records. You could use something like this as the Control Source of the 4th text box (the underscore is for ease of reading here, and must be removed from the Control Source): =IIf([Field1]>[Field2] And [Field1]>[Field3],...

IF equation will not calculate
I have the following equation: =IF(J12="Prospecting",X12,"") and this is odd: 1. Prospoecting is taken from a pulldonw list. 2. I just abbreviated the word Prospecting to one word from its original 3 with parenthesis. 3. The exact equation is used on 6 or so other pulldown options with no issues. 4. I know the equation is written properly and have checked everything I can think of (capital letters, typose, protected cell /worksheet, etc...) and no luck. This is a multi page workbook and again, only since I abbreviated Prospect from multiple words, has t...

Form will not open
Hi All, Happy New Year!! I was in process of installing new FE's on the users PC's, and testing the various forms of this application. On the last machine I was not able to open a particular form, everything else opened fine. I can not detect a difference between this particular form and other forms, in Properties. I can not open in design either. The form is used for displaying data already entered using the entry form, and has a subform embedded. Any ideas?? Thank you in advance. What specific error do you get? If you don't have error handling in the open event, put it in...

out line fonts (and text) isn't there a way to outline fonts?
Isn't there a way to put a another color outline around fonts? I've made the fonts red and I'd like to have a thin line of black around them.... using publisher 2003 WordArt. Or a draw program. -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "Wednesday336" <Wednesday336@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:4B80DFD4-28B1-4F43-B6F0-08BC694B5C90@microsoft.com... > Isn't there a way to put a another color outline around fonts? > I've made the fonts red and I'd like to have a thi...

registerkey message delivery HTML or plain text
I try to alter a policy setting for outlook 98(the policy=20 was applied through ODK).=20 I want to send my e-mail from plain text to HTML, but I=20 can't find the policy or the registry key to alter this=20 setting. Could someone give me a hint. (I don't want to=20 re=EFnstall Outlook.) Oi - it's been a while. Let me see... I believe you need to remove the following registry key to open that option back up: HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Office\8.0\Outlook\Options\Mail -- Patrick Reed ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ MVP [Outlook] Have you checked www.slipstick.com? ~Please list Outlo...

appending to CEdit
I have a CEdit control and I want to append text to it as follows: void CSerialPortDlg::debugf(char* format, ...) { char buf[4096]; // should be big enough va_list arglist; va_start( arglist, format ); vsprintf( buf, format, arglist ); va_end( arglist ); if( GetSafeHwnd() && m_edit.GetSafeHwnd() ) { m_edit.LineScroll( m_edit.GetLineCount() ); m_edit.SetSel( -1, 0, TRUE ); m_edit.ReplaceSel( buf ); } } This works fine until there is a lot of text in the CEdit control. After, oh I don't know, maybe 64k of data or so, it no longer adds any...