CEdit problem

Hi experts,
I m preparing Excel kind of thing using SDI application.

I m using CEdit object for entering text. I have kept the size of CEdit
as the size of my cell(D5 etc..) What i see is that inside my edit Box
the text are displayed in bold letters. I dont want this. Moreever
after reaching the limit of edit box i should dynamically increase the
edit box's size while typing, as needed. See Microsoft Office Excel
2007 (Beta) for further checking.. Can any one of u guide me to how to
do this????
Thanks

vc.mfc 33608 articles. 0 followers. Follow

To get rid of bold font, you should change the font to whatever you want(use
SetFont). For sizing the control, you can use SetWindowPos.

--
Ajay Kalra [MVP - VC++]
ajaykalra@yahoo.com

"Arpit" <arpitpmehta@gmail.com> wrote in message
> Hi experts,
> I m preparing Excel kind of thing using SDI application.
>
> I m using CEdit object for entering text. I have kept the size of CEdit
> as the size of my cell(D5 etc..) What i see is that inside my edit Box
> the text are displayed in bold letters. I dont want this. Moreever
> after reaching the limit of edit box i should dynamically increase the
> edit box's size while typing, as needed. See Microsoft Office Excel
> 2007 (Beta) for further checking.. Can any one of u guide me to how to
> do this????
> Thanks

0
ajaykalra (6842)
8/31/2006 1:55:44 PM
You may find this control to be useful as well:

http://www.codeproject.com/miscctrl/gridctrl.asp

Tom

"Arpit" <arpitpmehta@gmail.com> wrote in message
> Hi experts,
> I m preparing Excel kind of thing using SDI application.
>
> I m using CEdit object for entering text. I have kept the size of CEdit
> as the size of my cell(D5 etc..) What i see is that inside my edit Box
> the text are displayed in bold letters. I dont want this. Moreever
> after reaching the limit of edit box i should dynamically increase the
> edit box's size while typing, as needed. See Microsoft Office Excel
> 2007 (Beta) for further checking.. Can any one of u guide me to how to
> do this????
> Thanks

0
tserface (3860)
8/31/2006 4:59:38 PM
> To get rid of bold font, you should change the font to whatever you want(use
> SetFont).

QUESTION
---------------

i do not get any effect of setfont. here is my code for that:-

//my rect area of editbox
CRect
rectEdit(m_stShape[nIEdited][nJEdited].pointTopLeft.x-m_nWidthOffset+1,m_stShape[nIEdited][nJEdited].pointTopLeft.y-m_nHeightOffset+1,m_stShape[nIEdited][nJEdited].pointBottomRight.x-m_nWidthOffset-1,m_stShape[nIEdited][nJEdited].pointBottomRight.y-m_nHeightOffset-1);

m_editCell.Create(ES_LEFT | WS_VISIBLE |
ES_AUTOVSCROLL,rectEdit,this,1);
m_editCell.SetLimitText(50);  // limit the text that can be entered
m_editCell.SetFocus(); // set the focus in edit box

CFont fontEdit; // font while typing
fontEdit.CreateFont(17,0,0,0,FW_REGULAR,FALSE,FALSE,FALSE,DEFAULT_CHARSET,OUT_DEFAULT_PRECIS,CLIP_DEFAULT_PRECIS,DEFAULT_QUALITY,DEFAULT_PITCH
| FF_SWISS,"Calibri");

m_editCell.SetFont(&fontEdit);
Is it that i have to use some another flag instead of FW_REGULAR for
not getting BOLD characters

>For sizing the control, you can use SetWindowPos.

QUESTION
----------------
Yes, but my problem i dont seem to be finding how can i come to know
that text has reached the limit of editbox size.

Thanks for replying..

Arpit wrote:

> i do not get any effect of setfont. here is my code for that:-
>
> ***********************************************************************************************
> //my rect area of editbox
> CRect
> rectEdit(m_stShape[nIEdited][nJEdited].pointTopLeft.x-m_nWidthOffset+1,m_stShape[nIEdited][nJEdited].pointTopLeft.y-m_nHeightOffset+1,m_stShape[nIEdited][nJEdited].pointBottomRight.x-m_nWidthOffset-1,m_stShape[nIEdited][nJEdited].pointBottomRight.y-m_nHeightOffset-1);
>
> m_editCell.Create(ES_LEFT | WS_VISIBLE |
> ES_AUTOVSCROLL,rectEdit,this,1);
> m_editCell.SetLimitText(50);  // limit the text that can be entered
> m_editCell.SetFocus(); // set the focus in edit box
>
> CFont fontEdit; // font while typing
> fontEdit.CreateFont(17,0,0,0,FW_REGULAR,FALSE,FALSE,FALSE,DEFAULT_CHARSET,OUT_DEFAULT_PRECIS,CLIP_DEFAULT_PRECIS,DEFAULT_QUALITY,DEFAULT_PITCH
> | FF_SWISS,"Calibri");
>
> m_editCell.SetFont(&fontEdit);
> ************************************************************************************************

Arpit:

Your font object is going out of scope. Make it a member variable.

David Wilkinson
0
no-reply8010 (1791)
9/1/2006 3:35:25 PM
You may want to try making the CFont a member of your class roather than
having it in a function.  The font won't work if it goes out of scope.

Tom

>> To get rid of bold font, you should change the font to whatever you
>> want(use
>> SetFont).
>
> QUESTION
> ---------------
>
> i do not get any effect of setfont. here is my code for that:-
>
> ***********************************************************************************************
> //my rect area of editbox
> CRect
> rectEdit(m_stShape[nIEdited][nJEdited].pointTopLeft.x-m_nWidthOffset+1,m_stShape[nIEdited][nJEdited].pointTopLeft.y-m_nHeightOffset+1,m_stShape[nIEdited][nJEdited].pointBottomRight.x-m_nWidthOffset-1,m_stShape[nIEdited][nJEdited].pointBottomRight.y-m_nHeightOffset-1);
>
> m_editCell.Create(ES_LEFT | WS_VISIBLE |
> ES_AUTOVSCROLL,rectEdit,this,1);
> m_editCell.SetLimitText(50);  // limit the text that can be entered
> m_editCell.SetFocus(); // set the focus in edit box
>
> CFont fontEdit; // font while typing
> fontEdit.CreateFont(17,0,0,0,FW_REGULAR,FALSE,FALSE,FALSE,DEFAULT_CHARSET,OUT_DEFAULT_PRECIS,CLIP_DEFAULT_PRECIS,DEFAULT_QUALITY,DEFAULT_PITCH
> | FF_SWISS,"Calibri");
>
> m_editCell.SetFont(&fontEdit);
> ************************************************************************************************
> Is it that i have to use some another flag instead of FW_REGULAR for
> not getting BOLD characters
>
> ####################################################################
>
>>For sizing the control, you can use SetWindowPos.
>
> QUESTION
> ----------------
> Yes, but my problem i dont seem to be finding how can i come to know
> that text has reached the limit of editbox size.
>
> Thanks for replying..

0
tserface (3860)
9/1/2006 4:06:43 PM
If you have not explicitly done a SetFont, a dynamically-created control will get the
system font, which is not just bold, but quite different in a lot of ways from most fonts.
Typically, you will want to set the font of the edit control to the font you desire.

I believe there is a codeproject example that has a dynamically-resizing edit control.
				joe

On 31 Aug 2006 06:51:46 -0700, "Arpit" <arpitpmehta@gmail.com> wrote:

>Hi experts,
>I m preparing Excel kind of thing using SDI application.
>
>I m using CEdit object for entering text. I have kept the size of CEdit
>as the size of my cell(D5 etc..) What i see is that inside my edit Box
>the text are displayed in bold letters. I dont want this. Moreever
>after reaching the limit of edit box i should dynamically increase the
>edit box's size while typing, as needed. See Microsoft Office Excel
>2007 (Beta) for further checking.. Can any one of u guide me to how to
>do this????
>Thanks
Joseph M. Newcomer [MVP]
email: newcomer@flounder.com
Web: http://www.flounder.com
newcomer (15972)
9/1/2006 6:35:51 PM
Thanks .. I have to create Font as a  Member Variable (Global Font) of
the class i m using to prevent it going out of scope
Joseph M. Newcomer wrote:
> If you have not explicitly done a SetFont, a dynamically-created control will get the
> system font, which is not just bold, but quite different in a lot of ways from most fonts.
> Typically, you will want to set the font of the edit control to the font you desire.
>
> I believe there is a codeproject example that has a dynamically-resizing edit control.
> 				joe
>
> On 31 Aug 2006 06:51:46 -0700, "Arpit" <arpitpmehta@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> >Hi experts,
> >I m preparing Excel kind of thing using SDI application.
> >
> >I m using CEdit object for entering text. I have kept the size of CEdit
> >as the size of my cell(D5 etc..) What i see is that inside my edit Box
> >the text are displayed in bold letters. I dont want this. Moreever
> >after reaching the limit of edit box i should dynamically increase the
> >edit box's size while typing, as needed. See Microsoft Office Excel
> >2007 (Beta) for further checking.. Can any one of u guide me to how to
> >do this????
> >Thanks
> Joseph M. Newcomer [MVP]
> email: newcomer@flounder.com
> Web: http://www.flounder.com

What I usually do is a GetFont of whatever dialog I'm in, then change the face name and
create the new font.  This means that my font follows the desired scaling of the user,
which helps me keep the look-and-feel desired by the user.
					joe

> What I usually do is a GetFont of whatever dialog I'm in, then change the
> face name and
> create the new font.  This means that my font follows the desired scaling
> of the user,
> which helps me keep the look-and-feel desired by the user.

This is nonsense.  Some fonts require a significantly bigger font size to be
the same subjective height.

-- David

0
dc2983 (3206)
9/4/2006 4:32:46 PM
Actually, it isn't all that nonsensical.  Most fonts follow correctly.  When I have some
anomaly, of course, I'm free to do something like multiply by 1.2, but that is kind of
obvious.  But the real trick is, in such cases, let the user select the font and height.
This way it truly is under control of the user.  I don't feel a need to explain *every*
subtlety.
				joe

> Actually, it isn't all that nonsensical.  Most fonts follow correctly.
> When I have some
> anomaly, of course, I'm free to do something like multiply by 1.2, but
> that is kind of
> obvious.  But the real trick is, in such cases, let the user select the
> font and height.
> This way it truly is under control of the user.  I don't feel a need to
> explain *every*
> subtlety.

Then show the standard Select Font dialog and be done with it!

-- David

0
dc2983 (3206)
9/5/2006 4:24:14 AM
Most apps I do have options to set fonts, but I have to make initial decisions by default.
For example, Courier looks more compatible with Arial if the Courier is about 1.2 times
the nominal height of Arial.

I should really write an essay showing my font-selection classes; maybe I'll get around to
writing it one of these days.  It keeps the selections in the Registry so they are
remembered from session to session.  It also incorporates the ability to set text and
background colors.
					joe

On Tue, 05 Sep 2006 04:24:14 GMT, "David Ching" <dc@remove-this.dcsoft.com> wrote:

>> Actually, it isn't all that nonsensical.  Most fonts follow correctly.
>> When I have some
>> anomaly, of course, I'm free to do something like multiply by 1.2, but
>> that is kind of
>> obvious.  But the real trick is, in such cases, let the user select the
>> font and height.
>> This way it truly is under control of the user.  I don't feel a need to
>> explain *every*
>> subtlety.
>
>Then show the standard Select Font dialog and be done with it!
>
>-- David

Joseph M. Newcomer [MVP]
email: newcomer@flounder.com
Web: http://www.flounder.com
newcomer (15972)
9/9/2006 10:30:30 PM
Thanks a lot for all this info
Joseph M. Newcomer wrote:
> Most apps I do have options to set fonts, but I have to make initial decisions by default.
> For example, Courier looks more compatible with Arial if the Courier is about 1.2 times
> the nominal height of Arial.
>
> I should really write an essay showing my font-selection classes; maybe I'll get around to
> writing it one of these days.  It keeps the selections in the Registry so they are
> remembered from session to session.  It also incorporates the ability to set text and
> background colors.
> 					joe
>
> On Tue, 05 Sep 2006 04:24:14 GMT, "David Ching" <dc@remove-this.dcsoft.com> wrote:
>

> >"Joseph M. Newcomer" <newcomer@flounder.com> wrote in message
> >> Actually, it isn't all that nonsensical.  Most fonts follow correctly.
> >> When I have some
> >> anomaly, of course, I'm free to do something like multiply by 1.2, but
> >> that is kind of
> >> obvious.  But the real trick is, in such cases, let the user select the
> >> font and height.
> >> This way it truly is under control of the user.  I don't feel a need to
> >> explain *every*
> >> subtlety.
> >
> >Then show the standard Select Font dialog and be done with it!
> >
> >-- David
> >
> Joseph M. Newcomer [MVP]
> email: newcomer@flounder.com
> Web: http://www.flounder.com

Problem with linked workbook
Hello, I am an intern trying to finish a report on Excel... it uses an sumproduct formula at one point which refers to data on another workbook on the company server. The formula works fine when the linked worbook is open on my computer. But when I only open my REPORT workbook I get a REF error. I already saved the linked workbook in the excel 2002 format and the path looks perfect so that's not the pb....any suggestions? Thank you very much for your help ------------------------------------------------ ~~ Message posted from http://www.ExcelTip.com/ ~~View and post usenet messages...

Recipient problem in 5.5
Hi, I have a problem with someone external trying to send us a mail. The problem is when he tries to send the mail he gets an NDR of: "Unable to deliver the message due to a recipient problem MSEXCH:MSExchangeIS:**************" Now this mail has several attachments and is just a normal HTML mail. If all the attachments are sent on there own or on a new mail they arrive ok. If the text is put into a new mail then all is ok. However if the mail is forwarded to anyone within my exchange environment (with or without the attachments) then this NDR is sent back to him. Any ideas ?...

Custom Type Charts Problem
I am using Custom Type Charts in Excel, which uses Pivot Table as the Data Source. The problem that I am facing here is that whenever I Refresh the data using the Refresh icon, the Custom Type charts LOOSE their formatting. To make my problem clearer, I am attaching a sample Excel sheet herewith. In the sample file, go to 3rd sheet "Custom Type Chart" and have a look at the "Tubes" chart. Now click on the "!" Icon (this is the Refresh icon). The formatting of the chart changes. Try this out with the "Normal Chart". The formatting remains the same. ...

CEdit Control
I have an SDI app a with CFormView. The CFormView has multiple edit controls on it. What is the best way to save the data for the conrol ie what message do I need to handle. There are one case I'm concerned about: 1. The user has selected save or exit from the top menu. I have tried handling the kill focus message for the control but if you have make changes to the edit box and have not exited it before doing a File | Save the kill focus message is not send and I don't save the data. I don't really want to update on every keystroke in the edit control since I only care ...

Problem with autoplay
Hi, I am running Windows XP SP3 Home Edition which is fully patched. Lately, I have discovered that when I put a DVD/CD in either a DVD burner or DVD ROM, I see the "Safely Remove Hardware" message in the sys tray. When I try to run task manager it gives me only a blank dialog box. I cannot start any of my applications ( same problem, blank dialog boxes). Rebooting the system clears up the problem but I can't insert any DVD or CD without the problem reoccuring. Is Autoplay corrupted? Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks, -Rich > I am runn...

Problem with investment vs cash balances in Money 2004
I am having a terrible problem with balancing the cash side of an investment account. I have searched this newsgroup and have already tried the various "file repair" options (i.e., msmoney -s, quick and standard file repair, and salvage). I have even exported the account and reimported it. However, none of these attempts have fixed the problem (or even identified that anything is wrong with the file). Here is what I am experiencing: I use a brokerage account as my checking account. I download transactions periodically and reconcile the cash side monthly against my paper...

save problem in Excel
Dea all , i got the following problems on excel : 1. it can't show "read only" when other people want to open my excelsheet at the same time. and it cause "sharing violent" when they want to save the sheet that I am currently open. so , how to fix it ? 2. when some user open the excelsheet and want to save/save as something , excel displayed "save not complete" ... (some kind of not allow to save) why this situation happened ? and how to fix it ? Thank you so much for your help indeed M&M; Try via the Menu, Tools | Share workbook and see if...

Brightness problem :///
Hello i followed google link up to here while i was searching for the answer to my problem....so here it is: I got: Win XP2 ATI Radeon HD 2600/3600 LG Monitor updated drivers new installed win Brightness 100% & Contrast 100% (on monitor) and its still DARK i used to have some win integrated software that sets brightness up to about 150% but after new win installation i lost it.... So can anyone help me light up my monitor a bit?? Any software that can set brightness more than 100% of my monitor? Cause every software i used it gets already on max..on the top and its the sa...

Problem with my Dlookup
I’m trying to get a simple Dlookup working and I seem to be struggling with it. I have values that I pass to a query, using VBA, and populate TextBoxes on a report. One TextBox is named ‘CUST’ for Customer. When CUST is populated, I’d like to see a rate (this is fixed for each customer) in my report. This is what I have now: =DLookUp("Rate","Customers","Customer = " & [CUST]) Rate is the Rate that I want to lookup. Customers is the name of the table. CUST is the TextBox on the report. What am I doing wrong? Thanks! Ryan-- -- R...

Problem resolution for obscure problem of not being able to send emails
I thought I would get this into the record for the benefit of others having trouble with an obscure email problem. The symptom is that all of a sudden you can no longer send emails. Variations are that you can send emails, but not replies to emails; another is that problem is intermittant. Various similar error messages come back from the smtp server, but are all related to the smtp server closing the connetion. Keywords from the error messages and smtp log are inserted below. From my research, apparently everyone is baffled as to the cause, including Microsoft. Here is the solution for ...

Symbol LS9208 moving control problem
Hello Everyone ------------------------------------- I bought a symbol ls9208 scanner, but I am facing problem with its programming. Everytime I scan the barcode I have to press enter key 5 times to move to the next line. Any easy fix for this problem. Regards Amit ##-----------------------------------------------## Newsgroup Access Courtesy http://www.rockryno.com/ Tax and Accounting Software Forums Web and RSS access to your favorite newsgroup - microsoft.public.pos - 40742 messages and counting! ##-----------------------------------------------## If you should ...

Problem with spreadsheet
First and foremost, I'd like to thank the admins of this forum fo providing a place to discuss excel. It's a great forum !! I do have a problem however. I am in the midst of creating an excel spreadsheet that will have 52 pages (1 page/week) Now there will be several columns and rows with weekly statistics and year to date statistics. What I need to do is learn how to creat 52 separate pages within this worksheet (let's say for argument sake name each page the date..i.e -Jan 04.....Jan 11...etc) and have eac page populate the previous week's year to date values when I add...

TRIM problem
Can anyone see anything wrong with this short sub - it seems to go into an infinite loop:- Sub Trim_Text() Dim cell As Range On Error GoTo ws_next5 For Each cell In ActiveSheet.UsedRange ActiveCell.Value = Application.WorksheetFunction.Trim(ActiveCell.Value) ws_next5: Next End Sub All suggestions/help gratefully received and acknowledged! TIA Dan -- Dan E webbie(removethis)@preferredcountry.com Your code would only change the active cell, not each cell in the used range, and the Next keeps sending it back into the loop. You could use the following revisi...

CEdit
Hi All, I would like to change the appereance of CEdit's buttons. Ideally, I would like to replace them with my own buttons (derived from CBitmapButton). I know all about the limitations of CEdit in terms of attempting to change the way it draws itself so before I even try to do something like this I would like to know if anyone here has any experience with that and if this scenario is even supported by CEdit. Furthermore, I would also like to draw its scrollbars. If I can't take over the drawing of its buttons and scroll bars, is it at least possible to change thei...

CountIF problem #8
Hi, My brain isn't switched on this morning, this may be more straight forward than I think... I'm trying to do a Countif function, which only counts those in the range which are between "0" and "-2". Lets say the range is $A$1 : $A$50, and contains values between -3.00 and 5.00. How can i write this countif formula? It doesnt work the way i'm trying it! Many thanks in advance JJJ -- jjj ------------------------------------------------------------------------ jjj's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=7424 View th...

Problems again
When iI finshed last night, Money 2005 was working fine. Went to it tonight to update accounts - no longer can do so, again. Go to manage online banking - again, TD Canada Trust and BMO are not listed. Go to the "See the financial institions Money Supports" and both are listed. I just cannot get them into the list on my program. How do I do it? Barry ...

Internet Explorer Problem???
I think I have a sepperate issue from RMS...I recently hooked up the internet to my network, and so all of my computers have IE access. What seems to be happening is that for whatever reason ONLY Register 2 gets kicked out of POS, and any other program that may have been running shuts down as well, and it asks send error report, or don't send error to MS. What could possibly be going on??? -- Thank You Vince :) ...

How to change the CEdit's caret?
Hi, I have an edit control for which I can change its font depending on a checkbox status. How can I change the caret back and forth depending on which font is set in the CEdit control? I appreciate any help. Thanks, Geo I don't think this is possible for a CEdit. If I were trying it, I'd subclass the CEdit and override the OnSetFocus/OnKillFocus, and do caret manipulations there, but at this point you're trying to deal with fooling the CEdit into doing what you want, and that is likely to be unsuccessful. joe On Fri, 25 Nov 2005 19:46:02 -0800, Geo <Geo@discuss...

Outllok problems
I have an 800MHz P-3 HP eVectra that I recently did a reinstall of the Office 2000 program and afterwards had to do a repair of the Windows 2000 installation. Now when the user opens Outlook, she gets the following message: "Unable to open your default e-mail folders. The Information Store could not be opened." The user is able to access her e-mail account through Web Access without issue. Any ideas? Assuming this is an exchange server your connecting to. Go to Ctrl Panel, Mail. Select the Microsoft Exchange Service and click properties. Reenter the echange server and m...

Problem w/ workbook size, processing
I have a workbook which creates and inserts additional sheets, based o a list of items located elsewhere. The number is items in the lis varies, but I would like the workbook to handle as many as possible Then, the macro pastes identical info onto each of the newly create sheets. On each sheet then, there is about 750 rows and 20 columns o data. The macro is designed to create, then paste, then create... The problem I have, is that after around 75 sheets, the workbook slam to a halt during the sheet creation process. I have found it seem faster to select and paste entire columns, versus rang...

Subclassing CEdit in CComboBox
Hello, I'm trying to make a CComboBox derived control where the text shown in the selection box is different from any text in the combo's list. I've been following Microsoft Knowledge Base Article - 174667 (HOWTO: Subclass CListBox and CEdit Inside of CComboBox), which suggests using OnCtlColor() to get a handle for the edit control inside the combo box. My CMyComboBox is created dynamically at runtime, and I've noticed that their approach only works when the combo box is created with the CBS_DROPDOWN style. With CBS_DROPDOWNLIST the OnCtlColor() handler is never called at a...

PLS HAVE PROBLEM IN A FORMULA
Hello!!!,,,I need an urgent help in a formula. I have the tables: [Ship] [Invoice] [Payments] IdShip (keyfield) ----->IdShip DateShipped IdInvoice (keyfield) -------> IdInvoice Port AmountPaid AmountInvoiced DatePaid I have a form A, which contains a key field "IdShip". Each IdShip contains more than one invoice, ca...

PTR record problem with comcast isp
I have Comcast as my isp that provides me with a dynamic ip. I've registered with dyndns.org for custom dns service which is going to update my ip and domain information. The problem is, after setting up an exchange 2000 server, I could receive mails but not send to certain domains with rdns. I know its my ptr record that's causing the problem. Does anyone know of a solution for this? forward your mail to smtp.comcast.net and use their smarthost to handle either all your outbound mail or the domains you are having issues with. "Mohammed Alli" <Roc1479@yahoo.com>...

Excel Macro Problem
I have an excel file taht cannot be open on a computer with WinXp Os and Excel 97 SR2 while enable its macro. However, I can open this file on other computers with the same OS and Excel ver. Also I have reported this problem to Microsoft. Where could I check the reply of Microsoft? Please tell me why this problem occur. Thanks. A small child turns to Ed, and exclaims: "Look! Look! A post from Tyler <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com>!"... > I have an excel file taht cannot be open on a computer > with WinXp Os and Excel 97 SR2 while enable its macro. > However,...

appending to CEdit
I have a CEdit control and I want to append text to it as follows: void CSerialPortDlg::debugf(char* format, ...) { char buf[4096]; // should be big enough va_list arglist; va_start( arglist, format ); vsprintf( buf, format, arglist ); va_end( arglist ); if( GetSafeHwnd() && m_edit.GetSafeHwnd() ) { m_edit.LineScroll( m_edit.GetLineCount() ); m_edit.SetSel( -1, 0, TRUE ); m_edit.ReplaceSel( buf ); } } This works fine until there is a lot of text in the CEdit control. After, oh I don't know, maybe 64k of data or so, it no longer adds any...