Cedit multiline problem - A quite hard one

i have a CEDIT control, and multiline is enabled.

The problem i have is with a client, all CRLF are displayed as 2
stripes.
I can't simulate it.

his configurations are:
winxp professional
service pack 1
font Trebuchet MS 11 Bold

does anyone know what the problem could be?? i have tried running my
app on more than one xp box, and tried some fonts, but i never have
this problem.

Maybe there is a known problem with xp ?  i don't know

thx in advance
vc.mfc 33608 articles. 0 followers. Follow

Does it happen for even something as simple as this?

DWORD style = WS_CHILD | WS_BORDER | WS_VISIBLE | ES_LEFT | ES_MULTILINE;
edit.Create(style, CRect(0, 0, 320, 240), this, -1);
edit.SetWindowText("Hello\r\nThis\r\nIs\r\nSome\r\nText\r\n.");

0
none89 (807)
8/30/2004 11:16:12 AM
If the control is truly multiline, you should not see the two stripes. That's usually
caused by having a single-line control. So I've not seen the problem.
					joe

On 30 Aug 2004 03:33:02 -0700, voorspoels@hotmail.com (Tim) wrote:

>i have a CEDIT control, and multiline is enabled.
>
>The problem i have is with a client, all CRLF are displayed as 2
>stripes.
>I can't simulate it.
>
>his configurations are:
>winxp professional
>service pack 1
>font Trebuchet MS 11 Bold
>
>does anyone know what the problem could be?? i have tried running my
>app on more than one xp box, and tried some fonts, but i never have
>this problem.
>
>Maybe there is a known problem with xp ?  i don't know
>

>thx in advance

Joseph M. Newcomer [MVP]
email: newcomer@flounder.com
Web: http://www.flounder.com
newcomer (15977)
8/30/2004 2:20:01 PM
If the CRLF codes are in the wrong order (in other words, LF before CR) then
you'll see this behavior.  But it seems unlikely that your client is putting
the codes in backwards.  See if he gets the same behavior if he
cuts-and-pastes text from Notepad.

"Tim" <voorspoels@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> i have a CEDIT control, and multiline is enabled.
>
> The problem i have is with a client, all CRLF are displayed as 2
> stripes.
> I can't simulate it.
>
> his configurations are:
> winxp professional
> service pack 1
> font Trebuchet MS 11 Bold
>
> does anyone know what the problem could be?? i have tried running my
> app on more than one xp box, and tried some fonts, but i never have
> this problem.
>
> Maybe there is a known problem with xp ?  i don't know
>

> thx in advance

Hi

I am having EXACTLY the same problem. It happens only on WindowsXP SP1 so it
is NOT a bug in code. It is a normal multiline textbox. App built with VC
6.0.

Vaclav

"Tim" <voorspoels@hotmail.com> p�se v diskusn�m pr�spevku
> i have a CEDIT control, and multiline is enabled.
>
> The problem i have is with a client, all CRLF are displayed as 2
> stripes.
> I can't simulate it.
>
> his configurations are:
> winxp professional
> service pack 1
> font Trebuchet MS 11 Bold
>
> does anyone know what the problem could be?? i have tried running my
> app on more than one xp box, and tried some fonts, but i never have
> this problem.
>
> Maybe there is a known problem with xp ?  i don't know
>

> thx in advance

0
no1498 (362)
8/30/2004 8:22:35 PM
hehe like i said before this is only working this way with one of our
clients, so with all other clients it works very well, so all the CRLF
are in right position.  And yezz the control is multiline, it works
for all the other clients, but with one client the app has a problem
with CRLF, i really don't know what the problem is.  And actually the
edit box is read only and used show text in, programmed by me, so the
user can't make a mistake with CRLF or whatever, all the source code
is good, and the edit box is multiline, and the exe also works fine,
except with that one client.

"V�clav Jedlicka" <no@spam.please> wrote in message news:<e2alW7sjEHA.3536@TK2MSFTNGP12.phx.gbl>...
> Hi
>
> I am having EXACTLY the same problem. It happens only on WindowsXP SP1 so it
> is NOT a bug in code. It is a normal multiline textbox. App built with VC
> 6.0.
>
> Vaclav
>

> "Tim" <voorspoels@hotmail.com> p�se v diskusn�m pr�spevku
> > i have a CEDIT control, and multiline is enabled.
> >
> > The problem i have is with a client, all CRLF are displayed as 2
> > stripes.
> > I can't simulate it.
> >
> > his configurations are:
> > winxp professional
> > service pack 1
> > font Trebuchet MS 11 Bold
> >
> > does anyone know what the problem could be?? i have tried running my
> > app on more than one xp box, and tried some fonts, but i never have
> > this problem.
> >
> > Maybe there is a known problem with xp ?  i don't know
> >

> > thx in advance

one data series
i am trying to create a graph that tracks price/metric ton over time. on a second y axis i would like to have the equivalent price per lb. i only want to see one line on the graph, but whenever i try to do this, i come up with two lines. any ideas? thanks, matt Matt - You need at least one series per set of axes. But the second series can be formatted so it is invisible (no markers and lines, or no border and no fill). - Jon ------- Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP http://www.geocities.com/jonpeltier/Excel/index.html _______ matt wrote: > i am trying to create a graph that t...

Problem with linked workbook
Hello, I am an intern trying to finish a report on Excel... it uses an sumproduct formula at one point which refers to data on another workbook on the company server. The formula works fine when the linked worbook is open on my computer. But when I only open my REPORT workbook I get a REF error. I already saved the linked workbook in the excel 2002 format and the path looks perfect so that's not the pb....any suggestions? Thank you very much for your help ------------------------------------------------ ~~ Message posted from http://www.ExcelTip.com/ ~~View and post usenet messages...

Recipient problem in 5.5
Hi, I have a problem with someone external trying to send us a mail. The problem is when he tries to send the mail he gets an NDR of: "Unable to deliver the message due to a recipient problem MSEXCH:MSExchangeIS:**************" Now this mail has several attachments and is just a normal HTML mail. If all the attachments are sent on there own or on a new mail they arrive ok. If the text is put into a new mail then all is ok. However if the mail is forwarded to anyone within my exchange environment (with or without the attachments) then this NDR is sent back to him. Any ideas ?...

one Outlook user in my company is having trouble seeing embedded text
I'm working with Exchange 2003 clients that use Outlook 2000 to receive SMTP mail notifications from a SQL Server. The SMTP messages have text attachments with the output of queries put into the messages. However, on one user's mailbox, I can't see the text in the message body or as an attachment, only the subject line and sender come through. Other users receive the same messages with no problem. Everyone uses the same Symantec antivirus software. When that users only uses the Outlook Web client to receive mail, the same result happens. Is their some specific security se...

Custom Type Charts Problem
I am using Custom Type Charts in Excel, which uses Pivot Table as the Data Source. The problem that I am facing here is that whenever I Refresh the data using the Refresh icon, the Custom Type charts LOOSE their formatting. To make my problem clearer, I am attaching a sample Excel sheet herewith. In the sample file, go to 3rd sheet "Custom Type Chart" and have a look at the "Tubes" chart. Now click on the "!" Icon (this is the Refresh icon). The formatting of the chart changes. Try this out with the "Normal Chart". The formatting remains the same. ...

CEdit Control
I have an SDI app a with CFormView. The CFormView has multiple edit controls on it. What is the best way to save the data for the conrol ie what message do I need to handle. There are one case I'm concerned about: 1. The user has selected save or exit from the top menu. I have tried handling the kill focus message for the control but if you have make changes to the edit box and have not exited it before doing a File | Save the kill focus message is not send and I don't save the data. I don't really want to update on every keystroke in the edit control since I only care ...

Problem with autoplay
Hi, I am running Windows XP SP3 Home Edition which is fully patched. Lately, I have discovered that when I put a DVD/CD in either a DVD burner or DVD ROM, I see the "Safely Remove Hardware" message in the sys tray. When I try to run task manager it gives me only a blank dialog box. I cannot start any of my applications ( same problem, blank dialog boxes). Rebooting the system clears up the problem but I can't insert any DVD or CD without the problem reoccuring. Is Autoplay corrupted? Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks, -Rich > I am runn...

Problem with investment vs cash balances in Money 2004
I am having a terrible problem with balancing the cash side of an investment account. I have searched this newsgroup and have already tried the various "file repair" options (i.e., msmoney -s, quick and standard file repair, and salvage). I have even exported the account and reimported it. However, none of these attempts have fixed the problem (or even identified that anything is wrong with the file). Here is what I am experiencing: I use a brokerage account as my checking account. I download transactions periodically and reconcile the cash side monthly against my paper...

save problem in Excel
Dea all , i got the following problems on excel : 1. it can't show "read only" when other people want to open my excelsheet at the same time. and it cause "sharing violent" when they want to save the sheet that I am currently open. so , how to fix it ? 2. when some user open the excelsheet and want to save/save as something , excel displayed "save not complete" ... (some kind of not allow to save) why this situation happened ? and how to fix it ? Thank you so much for your help indeed M&M; Try via the Menu, Tools | Share workbook and see if...

Brightness problem :///
Hello i followed google link up to here while i was searching for the answer to my problem....so here it is: I got: Win XP2 ATI Radeon HD 2600/3600 LG Monitor updated drivers new installed win Brightness 100% & Contrast 100% (on monitor) and its still DARK i used to have some win integrated software that sets brightness up to about 150% but after new win installation i lost it.... So can anyone help me light up my monitor a bit?? Any software that can set brightness more than 100% of my monitor? Cause every software i used it gets already on max..on the top and its the sa...

Problem with my Dlookup
I’m trying to get a simple Dlookup working and I seem to be struggling with it. I have values that I pass to a query, using VBA, and populate TextBoxes on a report. One TextBox is named ‘CUST’ for Customer. When CUST is populated, I’d like to see a rate (this is fixed for each customer) in my report. This is what I have now: =DLookUp("Rate","Customers","Customer = " & [CUST]) Rate is the Rate that I want to lookup. Customers is the name of the table. CUST is the TextBox on the report. What am I doing wrong? Thanks! Ryan-- -- R...

Problem resolution for obscure problem of not being able to send emails
I thought I would get this into the record for the benefit of others having trouble with an obscure email problem. The symptom is that all of a sudden you can no longer send emails. Variations are that you can send emails, but not replies to emails; another is that problem is intermittant. Various similar error messages come back from the smtp server, but are all related to the smtp server closing the connetion. Keywords from the error messages and smtp log are inserted below. From my research, apparently everyone is baffled as to the cause, including Microsoft. Here is the solution for ...

Symbol LS9208 moving control problem
Hello Everyone ------------------------------------- I bought a symbol ls9208 scanner, but I am facing problem with its programming. Everytime I scan the barcode I have to press enter key 5 times to move to the next line. Any easy fix for this problem. Regards Amit ##-----------------------------------------------## Newsgroup Access Courtesy http://www.rockryno.com/ Tax and Accounting Software Forums Web and RSS access to your favorite newsgroup - microsoft.public.pos - 40742 messages and counting! ##-----------------------------------------------## If you should ...

Problem with spreadsheet
First and foremost, I'd like to thank the admins of this forum fo providing a place to discuss excel. It's a great forum !! I do have a problem however. I am in the midst of creating an excel spreadsheet that will have 52 pages (1 page/week) Now there will be several columns and rows with weekly statistics and year to date statistics. What I need to do is learn how to creat 52 separate pages within this worksheet (let's say for argument sake name each page the date..i.e -Jan 04.....Jan 11...etc) and have eac page populate the previous week's year to date values when I add...

TRIM problem
Can anyone see anything wrong with this short sub - it seems to go into an infinite loop:- Sub Trim_Text() Dim cell As Range On Error GoTo ws_next5 For Each cell In ActiveSheet.UsedRange ActiveCell.Value = Application.WorksheetFunction.Trim(ActiveCell.Value) ws_next5: Next End Sub All suggestions/help gratefully received and acknowledged! TIA Dan -- Dan E webbie(removethis)@preferredcountry.com Your code would only change the active cell, not each cell in the used range, and the Next keeps sending it back into the loop. You could use the following revisi...

CEdit
Hi All, I would like to change the appereance of CEdit's buttons. Ideally, I would like to replace them with my own buttons (derived from CBitmapButton). I know all about the limitations of CEdit in terms of attempting to change the way it draws itself so before I even try to do something like this I would like to know if anyone here has any experience with that and if this scenario is even supported by CEdit. Furthermore, I would also like to draw its scrollbars. If I can't take over the drawing of its buttons and scroll bars, is it at least possible to change thei...

Append one record into a table from form fields
Can one record be appended from form fields into a table to create a new record? If so, need detail since I am new to this. If you use a bound form, you don't need any code. Access handles saving records for you. For a form to be bound, it needs a table or preferably a query name or SQL string in its RecordSource property. Then individual controls on the form would be bound to columns from that RecordSource by selecting a field name as each control's ControlSource. "Crown Jenny" <CrownJenny@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:0E6AAE6B-F8E1-42B6-...

CountIF problem #8
Hi, My brain isn't switched on this morning, this may be more straight forward than I think... I'm trying to do a Countif function, which only counts those in the range which are between "0" and "-2". Lets say the range is $A$1 : $A$50, and contains values between -3.00 and 5.00. How can i write this countif formula? It doesnt work the way i'm trying it! Many thanks in advance JJJ -- jjj ------------------------------------------------------------------------ jjj's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=7424 View th...

Seems my account is kinda "synchronized" with another one
Hello guys... 3 or 4 days ago I noticed that being connected in messenger suddenly the message that I was signed out because I connected from another location appeared... I freaked out... so I changed all my security settings... pw, secret question and answer, etc. This problem keeps going on and on (being signed out)... Also a friend of mine told me that she received an email that I didnt send... (it wasnt agressive, seems like it was written to another person... IDK) So... Maybe I think I'm not being part of someone hacking my account, because kinda nothing bad is happen...

Problems again
When iI finshed last night, Money 2005 was working fine. Went to it tonight to update accounts - no longer can do so, again. Go to manage online banking - again, TD Canada Trust and BMO are not listed. Go to the "See the financial institions Money Supports" and both are listed. I just cannot get them into the list on my program. How do I do it? Barry ...

Internet Explorer Problem???
I think I have a sepperate issue from RMS...I recently hooked up the internet to my network, and so all of my computers have IE access. What seems to be happening is that for whatever reason ONLY Register 2 gets kicked out of POS, and any other program that may have been running shuts down as well, and it asks send error report, or don't send error to MS. What could possibly be going on??? -- Thank You Vince :) ...

How to change the CEdit's caret?
Hi, I have an edit control for which I can change its font depending on a checkbox status. How can I change the caret back and forth depending on which font is set in the CEdit control? I appreciate any help. Thanks, Geo I don't think this is possible for a CEdit. If I were trying it, I'd subclass the CEdit and override the OnSetFocus/OnKillFocus, and do caret manipulations there, but at this point you're trying to deal with fooling the CEdit into doing what you want, and that is likely to be unsuccessful. joe On Fri, 25 Nov 2005 19:46:02 -0800, Geo <Geo@discuss...

Copy Just One Folder To Another Computer
I have numerous folders in my Outlook 2002 SP3. I would like to send just one of them to another computer via CD or memory stick. Is that possible? You can create an Outlook Data File and copy only that folder into it. Then close Outlook and copy that PST file onto your storage medium and open it in the other version. You'll need to remove the read only attribute it acquires from the storage medium. -- Russ Valentine [MVP-Outlook] "Dick" <LeadWinger> wrote in message news:0lobo1h20i32vm29mh3t3ebj39pe49qhb4@4ax.com... >I have numerous folders in my Outlook 2002 SP...

Outllok problems
I have an 800MHz P-3 HP eVectra that I recently did a reinstall of the Office 2000 program and afterwards had to do a repair of the Windows 2000 installation. Now when the user opens Outlook, she gets the following message: "Unable to open your default e-mail folders. The Information Store could not be opened." The user is able to access her e-mail account through Web Access without issue. Any ideas? Assuming this is an exchange server your connecting to. Go to Ctrl Panel, Mail. Select the Microsoft Exchange Service and click properties. Reenter the echange server and m...

Transfer of psts from one computer to another
I was given a hand-me-down pc and have installed my Office Enterprise 2007 on the new machine (which operates on Vista). I've configured my Outlook addresss. I've copied my psts from the old machine (running XP and Outlook 2003) to an external hard drive and have attempted to import them to the new machine. I get an error "don't have permission to access these personal folders". Is this because I need to first delete the previous user's profile and create one for myself? Or is there another issue? Please advise. Locate the pst files in the Document...