CDC - PIE Drawing problem -- drawing over center point mult. times is making a blob

I'm drawing multiple pie-shaped regions all bounded by the same elipse
(so a whole pie cut up into multiple slices).  The problem is that I
have to draw over the center point multiple times in order to close
each individual pie-shaped region.  This is causing the center point
to grow in size.  How can I avoid this?  Is there a CPen style that
accomdates this?

Thanks,
Jeff

for(int i=0;i<m_volumes;i++)
{
  dc.MoveTo(m_center);
  dc.BeginPath();
  dc.AngleArc(m_center.x,m_center.y,m_radius,i*m_sweepSize,m_sweepSize);
  dc.CloseFigure();
  dc.EndPath();

  dc.StrokePath();

}
0
jmullins1 (1)
2/6/2004 8:08:44 PM
vc.mfc 33608 articles. 0 followers. Follow

CDC::Rectangle and client area
Hello, Lets say that place a rectangle border on the client area at 10,10,45,45. And lets say that client area is 200x200 or so. How can I make the recangle border resize itself in proportion to the changes of the client area? In other words, lets say I resize the client to 250x200 etc. How can I adjust the border of the rectangle to widen itself? What would the formula look like to figure out the percentage of adjustment? This is pretty simple arithmetic. You have a rectangle which is 10,10, 45, 45. Therefore it is a 35x35 rectangle. It represents 35/200 of the area, and it starts 10/...

Break up: Microsoft Outlook has encountered a problem and needs to close. We are sorry for the inconvenience.
Microsoft Outlook has encountered a problem and needs to close. We are sorry for the inconvenience. Do you have any more details on your error or are you just commenting on the error message? "Jason Chen" <jasonkail@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:O9EnNeDaDHA.1004@TK2MSFTNGP12.phx.gbl... > Microsoft Outlook has encountered a problem and needs to close. We are sorry > for the inconvenience. >-----Original Message----- >Microsoft Outlook has encountered a problem and needs to close. We are sorry >for the inconvenience. > > >.I am having the same ...

Weird problem with Outlook 2000
I use windows Me. Outlook frequently--but not always--reverts to a previous window when I click on the icon for new message instead of opening a new message window. Also, in the menu bar there is an item "Favorites" If I move the cursor over that--even without clicking the program freezes for maybe 15 sec. Clicking on that item does nothing at all. What's going on? Jerry lobdillj@charter.net What version of Outlook are you using? Note: this group does not support Outlook Express. --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion in...

WideChartoMultiByte problems
Hi I am trying to convert a wchar_t string to multibyte. The following code is what i am using void Ctest_editDlg::OnOK() { CString m_strList; int ret = WideCharToMultiByte(m_edit.GetCodePage(),WC_COMPOSITECHECK ,m_edit.GetInputBuffer(),-1,m_strList.GetBuffer(),0,NULL,NULL); AfxMessageBox(m_strList); //CDialog::OnOK(); } Compiling code with MBCS support. When i input 5 japanese characters i get the ret value from the function as 10 meaning 10 bytes have been writen however my variable m_strList is still empty!!! m_edit.GetCodePage() = 932 m_edit.GetInputBuffer() = returns a wchar_t st...

problem installing the windows vista security error code 80070020
it installs hald way then stoped with the error code 80070020 dont no wat to do help plz You receive error 0x80070020 when you use the Windows Update Web site or the Microsoft Update Web site to install updates: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/883825 dariyel wrote: > it installs hald way then stoped with the error code 80070020 dont no wat > to > do help plz dariyel wrote: > it installs hald way then stoped with the error code 80070020 dont no wat to > do help plz Is the keyboard not functioning properly ? Please see: How to ask a question h...

Getting CDC
I want to display something in the OnUpdate method, how do I get a handle to the CDC from here? news.microsoft.com wrote: > I want to display something in the OnUpdate method, how do I get a handle to > the CDC from here? > > This sounds like a beginner's mistake. You can call GetDC, but that is poor design and probably won't work the way you intend. Painting in OnUpdate will be lost after the window is minimized/restored or covered/uncovered. The default OnUpdate solves this problem by calling Invalidate(). Then the painting is done in the resulting OnDraw,...

Problems printing from IE8
Windows 7 + Office 2007 running on an SBS 2008 over G-LaN We have deployed 14 workstations all with identical installs, updates & permission sets, yet 2 of the workstations refuse to print web pages containing Java…. I have in stalled the latest Java on all workstations & all are printing as required but two of them will not print from Sage Pay & City Link when reports are required…. The staff are going grey…. Can you help me please? The first thing I'd try is running IE in "no add-on" mode. If that works, you can enable add-ons one at a time until...

ComboBox problem
On my Userform, there is one ComboBox with 5 TextBoxes. Depending what is selected on the dropdown list of the ComboBox will depend what is displayed in the TextBoxes. The problem I have is that when choosing an item from the list in order to update the data in the TextBoxes I have to select one TextBox. Is there a way so that the moment an item is selected it changes all the textboxes? hoyos;581328 Wrote: > On my Userform, there is one ComboBox with 5 TextBoxes. Depending what > is > selected on the dropdown list of the ComboBox will depend what is > displayed...

ComboBox Problem
Hello, Access 2003. I Have a from table in datasheet view. I Have a Combobox with a query to another table with 3 fields, one is the ID and the others is Local and LocalDetail. I Have this fields on the table of the datasheet view. The bound column is the id and i show only the Local and LocalDetail. When i copy the entire record and paste to a new does not display the correct id. Example ID Local LocalDetail_Desc 1 Local001 LocalDetail_Desc_01 2 Local001 LocalDetail_Desc_02 3 Local002 LocalDetail_Desc_04 4 Local002 LocalDetail_Desc_05 If in the recor...

CWordArray-problem
Hi, The following code should set the values of the first 3 elements of the CWordArray 'warray' to 0, 1, 2: CWordArray warray; warray.SetSize(3); int i=0; while (i<3) { warray[i]=i; i++; } Using Visual C++ 5.0 and compiling this in Debug Configuration the result is as expected. However: compiled in Release Configuration the result is: 1, 2, 3. What's wrong??? If you want to reconstruct this behaviour: create a new MFC-project (dialog based, name 'tmp') and put the following code in CTmpApp::InitInstance (just before the 'CTmpDlg dlg;'-line): CWordAr...

setting criteria for time values in select queries
I am using Access 2000 and 2003 (different locations). I have a need to be able to look at records entered in various time ranges eg. AM. AFT or PM. The underlying table has a time field with default set at Time(). On the data entry form the Time field shows the system time at time of entry. So does the select query I created to extract the data, until I input the criteria - Between #12:00:00PM# And #5:00:00PM#, when I run the query with this criteria I get no data at all, just the column headings. This format works well for seperating data for given days, confused as to why it wil...

Strange Problem #2
One of my customers has, to me, a very perplexing problem. They can execute Excel, and open spreadsheets via the File>Open menu (or the folder button), but when they double click on a spreadsheet file (such as with Windows Explorer), Excel opens, but the document DOES NOT. This is also true when trying to open spreadsheet e-mail attachments. They're currently using a work-around, by saving the attachment, opening Excel, then opening the saved spreadsheet. This is a real headache for them. According to them, this just started happening recently. I've reinstalled MS Offic...

Reader pane problem
The reader pane in my OE6 has a problem. As I read and scroll down usually using my Intellimouse scroll wheel button the screen jumps back to the top. Can this be fixed? regards, "nobody" update - The problem also exists even if I drag the reader pane scroll bar down. I then start reading and the page jumps back to the top? "Nobody" "nobody" <nobody@nowhere.com> wrote in message news:%23meWut4wKHA.5940@TK2MSFTNGP02.phx.gbl... > The reader pane in my OE6 has a problem. As I read and scroll down > usually using my I...

Word X, Endote 7 and OS X 10.3.2 Update problems
Just to alert folks, the combination of these three programs is lethal at the momement. I cannot add text in existing word files with endnote references, when I try to add text between the end of the narrative and the beginning of references. I cannot make an annotated bibliography now either inside word. All this has happened since the 10.3.2 udate. I run a G5 2mhz, with 1.5 gigs that came with Panther installed. If you are in the middle of grants or a big writing project DON"T UPGRADE to 10.3.2 until this thing gets fixed. Dennis Hi Dennis, Have you installed the Office updates ...

Can I export result from Message tracking Center?
I have Exchange 2000 SP3 running Windows 2000 SP4 and using Outlook 2003. Can I export results from message tracking Center in System Manager? I can't imagine why not but I can't seem to find any way. Please advise. Thank you! DM "DM" <diem123@yahoo.com> wrote: >I have Exchange 2000 SP3 running Windows 2000 SP4 and using Outlook 2003. > > >Can I export results from message tracking Center in System Manager? I >can't imagine why not but I can't seem to find any way. Yes, you can -- to a XML file. Use the menu at the top left-hand corne...

XPS disply problem
I cant disply XPS documents form the link http://websvn.companydomain.local/filedetails.php?repname=Documents&path=%2FDevelopment%2FBatch+2%2FProject+Plan%2Fbatch2+v1.0.xps It starts IE but keeps it blank. If I go directly on my local machine there is not a problem. I put right MIME: application/vnd.ms-xpsdocument Any idea? In article <eN5FqfSlKHA.5608@TK2MSFTNGP05.phx.gbl>, "ZielonySBS" <ZielonySBS@wp.pl> wrote: > I cant disply XPS documents form the link > http://websvn.companydomain.local/filedetails.php?repname=Documents&path=...

MS money 2004 Reconcile problem
Money 2004 automatically Reconciles 80% of the=20 transactions it downloads. I told the program not to but=20 it still does. Makes it very hard to Balance. Anyone have=20 any ideas? thanks =A7ean In microsoft.public.money, Sean wrote: >Money 2004 automatically Reconciles 80% of the >transactions it downloads. I told the program not to but >it still does. Makes it very hard to Balance. Anyone have >any ideas? You could toggle the Tools->Options->OnlineServices bits twice. Maybe that would bring it out of its state. ...

License Key Problems
I needed to unplug everything that was connected to the computer including the USB license key. After moving the computer to a different location and pluging back the USB license key, the POS tells me that the registration was not found. That was ok for a few days but now the POS has turned red and says its for Evaluation only. I'm afraid that the pos will stop working and prevent me from cashing people out on my lone register. I've tried pluging the key back in, re-starting the computer and nothing seems to work. Does anyone have any suggestions? try putting it to ano...

How do I show the maximum point on a scatterplot chart?
I NEED TO NO ALMOST INSTANTLY! ANSWER AS SOON AS POSSIBLE! Thanks Since the request to "know almost instantly" is almost 12 hours old, I suspect the need is past. However, if that is not true, check out the MAX function. -- Regards, Tushar Mehta www.tushar-mehta.com Excel, PowerPoint, and VBA add-ins, tutorials Custom MS Office productivity solutions In article <B585B16D-25C8-4B02-AFE1-58889050E802@microsoft.com>, Chief@discussions.microsoft.com says... > I NEED TO NO ALMOST INSTANTLY! > ANSWER AS SOON AS POSSIBLE! > > Thanks > Chief, Here is an exa...

Copy/Paste Problem
Suddenly my copy/paste is broken -- presumably I've inadvertently mucked up some bit of profile somewhere but I haven't stumbled upon it. I'm using Excel 2003 under XP with all current patches. I've always been able to open up two workbooks and copy something from one book then paste it into the other. Suddenly that no longer works. Now I can copy some data but when I switch to the second workbook the Paste option is grayed out like nothing has been copied. I can copy/paste within one workbook, but when I select the second workbook the clip board is apparently empty...

Messaging problem
I have a windows server, and a number of Internet-connected PC's. I need to create a program for both ends to transfer simple text messages. The problem is that I don't want the user to have to open ports on their router so I was thinking of the PC opening up a connection to the server via TCP and for that connection to allow two way traffic. Is this possible? I'm on VB2005. -Jerry On 2/20/2010 8:02 AM, Jerry Spence1 wrote: > I have a windows server, and a number of Internet-connected PC's. I need to > create a program for both ends to transfer simp...

CTabCtrl <WICKED0600.exe> problem
Before I ask my particular question I will just ask the general one. Does anyone have any familiarity with the WICKED0600 demo application found on msdn? I am having a problem getting a part of it to work. Particular: I have easily added the .cpp/.h files to my simple AppWizard app. All seems to be compiling great. When I try to add a tab to the tabctrl using InsertItem it does not work. InsertItem returns 0 indicating that the insert worked on the first item but nothing actually gets inserted. If I do the InsertItem call and the follow it with a GetItemCount call it reports 0 ( it is not a ...

Problem with thread #2
hi In my MFC SDI application, i start a new UI thread where thread class derived from from CWinThread. I have a stop button to stop the thread. In code of stop button first i suspend the thread by using SuspendThread function. But sometime when i stop the thread the whole program is hang. When i run program in debug mode and click on stop button then i found that program hang in SuspendThread function. Can someone solve this issue. It happens sometimes not everytime. I start thread from mainframe class. When i start the thread tThread = (CThreadClass*)AfxBeginThread(RUNTIME_CLASS(CThreadC...

Times don't match between Journals and Sent E-mails
I use the Journal and my Sent E-mails to determine the number of hours I spend on a project for billing purposes. Suddenly the times on my sent e-mails don't match between the "Sent Items" folder and the Journal. Can anyone tell me why, which times are correct and whether I can reset the times so that they match? ...

Weird date format problem
Hi Our minor hockey organization uses Excel 2007 to create hockey schedules. for some reason the first half of the schedule has some kind of date format in column A that shows the date as D/M/YY not matter how you enter it. Then it changes to MM/DD/YY about 20 rows down and no matter how many different ways I have tried to change the formatting it still comes out the same month after month. I go back and reenter the d/m/yy dates to shows as mm/dd/yy but it leaves off the preceding zero on the month and I have even try to use paste formatting command to fix it and it doesn...