CDateTimeCtrl #4

How do I let a user blank out a date after it has already been added and
saved.  The control doesn't allow me to blank out a date.

0
w_gower (280)
10/1/2003 4:45:13 PM
vc.mfc 33608 articles. 0 followers. Follow

Upgrade from BP 2.5 Service Pack to BP 4
In preparing for a GP10/BP4 upgraded, I've created a test environment with GP 8.0SP5 and BP2.5 with feature pack on MSDE. My understanding is that the upgrade path is as follows: Upgrade GP 8.0SP5 to GP 10.0 Upgrade WSS 2.0 to WSS 3.0 Install MOSS 2007 Run the migration utility and then install BP 4 The GP upgrade runs smoothly. Can someone who's been down this road before please help me with what to expect during the Business Portal upgrade? I'm assuming that as I upgrade WSS to each higher level, the original BP site will not be working as BP 2.5 doesn't support WSS...

Queues #4
Good day, We would like to delete some of the email messages sitting in the message queue. We've tried freezing one of the messages, right click on it, and on the server but there is no delete option. Also, is there a way to identify who the sender of the message is on outbound mail sitting in the queue? Thanks, Rick ...

CDateTimeCtrl #4
How do I let a user blank out a date after it has already been added and saved. The control doesn't allow me to blank out a date. ...

Font #4
I have installed a font on my computer and use it in Word. But can't see it in Publisher. Why? Are you trying to create a web page? If you are Publisher doesn't make all your fonts available by default. Do this, Format, Fonts, uncheck *Show only Web fonts*. (You must have your cursor in a text box for this to be active). What is the name of the font you are missing? -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "Ruth" <Ruth@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:5B947984-4C64-4765-AA85-9ACA837DD...

Sending an SMS text message to a phone in CRM 4.0 via workflow
In CRM 3.0, we had a workflow that would send an SMS to a phone upon creation of a Case. Somehow, this is no longer working in CRM 4.0; the workflow fires succesfully with nor errors, but the (short) message is never received. Possibly because of the non ASCII format of the message CRM 4.0 sends out...? (To send an SMS, we just create a duplicate user record with the SMS/Phone address in the e-mail field). ...

If Formula #4
Hi I have a formula in cell Y11 shown below =IF(ISERR(FIND("/",T1)),WORKDAY(Y10,6-WEEKDAY(Y10)),Y10-WEEKDAY(Y10,2)+8) I need add a new condition to this formula so that it only operate when the word DAILY appears in cell X10 X10 can have two values DAILY or 5 MIN if X10 shows 5 MIN then i want to use a new formula in cell Y11 =IF(X10="5 MIN",BB3) How can i combine these Many thank -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com Hi try =IF(X10="Daily",IF(ISERR(FIND("/",T1)),WORKDAY(Y10,6-WEEKDAY(Y10)),Y10- WEEKDAY(Y10,2)+8),"")...

Nullable CDateTimeCtrl?
Hi, all: I have a datetime fiels visit_date on my dialog which currently using CDateTimeCtrl for use to pick the date that they visit, but the visit date should allow null which the CdateTimeCtrl does not support, what is the best way to implement this? I am thinking using a masked CEdit ctrl for user to enter date /delete date, then put a button besidethe textbox so user can click this button to shoiw the calendar if they want choose date from the CDateTimeCtrl? Or are any better implementations out there already, please point me to the hyperlinks. thanks -rockdale On Mon, 24 Mar 2008 07...

Tab in CDateTimeCtrl
If I insert a date/time picker control (CDateTimeCtrl) into a dialog, specifying a time format, the tab key does not jump from field to field within the control but rather jumps to the next control in the dialog. Yet, in the operating system dialog to set the system date and time (underneath the analog clock in Date and Time Properties), the tab key does jump from hours to minutes to seconds. How can I duplicate the operating system behavior in my own dialog? I don't see information in CDateTimeCtrl documentation to getting/setting the time field that is selected. >If I insert a da...

Print #4
I have a spreadsheet that I tried to print in landscape on legal paper, but it will not include the last column. When you select the "Page Break View" it shows this column outside the print range and no matter how much you reduce size in Page Setup it will not include this column. Thank you for your help! Go to File | Print Setup | Sheet (tab) and see if the column is included in your print range (it seems not to be from your description). Adjust accordingly. Pete That solved the problem! Thank you! "Pete_UK" <pashurst@auditel.net> wrote in message news:11...

4 postcards per page in publisher 2007
For years I have been creating 4-up two sided postcards with Publisher 2003. I cannot find a way to do this. Mary Sauer answered a question that helped somewhat, using Avery 3263 but I cannot get it to duplex or switch to landscape. I think this is a big disadvantage to the new release. Can anyone help. Thank you. Can you setup your printer for landscape? Usually Publisher will go along with the printer setup. If you are merging you will not have a duplex option or if you do there maybe a message about too many pages. Is your printer driver current? I have no problems with setting up po...

Attachment Problem #4
I have received a acrobat file via e-mail attachment but when i try and open the attachment it opens the system 32 folder. i have been told that outlook may be using the system32 folder as temp space. Does this sound right?, if so any idea how i can reslove it. Thanks Mark ...

Formatting #4
I am creating a business newsletter that I will be sending out to the contacts on my distribution list. I created the newsletter in Microsoft Word and copy/pasted (using "select all") into the body of the Microsoft Outlook 2003 email. I am having trouble getting the newsletter to show up in the correct format in the emails of the recipients. I've tried using HTML format when sending the newsletter and it showed "doubled spaced" in some parts of the body for some recipients. So I tried using Rich Text format when sending the newsletter--the text showed up in t...

error message #4
After opening Miscrosoft Publisher in Office 2000, this message appears: "the wizard files were not installed please run setup again to install wizard see help for more information on running setup." How does one do this? Which? How to see Help for more information or how to run the setup again? Assuming it's the latter, put the Office 2000 disk in and run the setup. -- JoAnn Do not meddle in the affairs of cats, for they are subtle and will piss on your computer. --Bruce Graham "parson" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:26bc0...

Excel Links #4
I have an Excel WorkBook called EOH.xls that asks if I want to Update the Links upon its opening. I am opening this WorkBook through a VB application that I wrote but cannot figure out how to open the WorkBook while automatcially choosing 'NO' to Update the Links message. I can write code in another Excel WorkBook to open the EOH.xls WorkBook or by turning off the 'Ask to update links', but I would like to programmatically do so in my existing VB application. Is this possible and if so, how? Any suggestions? see one guess to your first post. Riggs wrote: > &...

CRM 4 "Send Direct E-mail" to multiple contacts
Hi everybody, Everytime I choose a contact and I press the "Send Direct E-mail" button it sends the email correctly. On the contrary everytime I choose more that one contacts the emails are never sent with no error. I noticed that everytime I try to send bulk email this way, a System Job appears at "Settings-System Jobs" of type "Bulk E-mail" and status "waiting" and it stays there for ever. Any help would be much appreciated. Thank you in advance. ...

Question #4
How to protect a excel worksheet from amendment(the format and formula set inside the sheet) but allow the user keyin data and save without password Michael Lam Hi Michael All cells on a Worksheet are Lockd by default, Format>Cells>Protection but this has no effect until you Protect the sheet, ToolsProtect>Protect Sheet. To lock all formulae cells only, push Ctrl+A then go to Format>Cells>Protection and Uncheck the "Locked" checkbox and Ok. Now push F5 (to show the GoTo Dialog) and click Special and check Formulas and OK. Now go back to Format>Cells>Protec...

exchange error #4
Hello, I have this in my event viewer but everything works fine; backup fails. anybody know a solution ? Event Type: Error Event Source: ESE Event Category: Logging/Recovery Event ID: 474 Date: 14/07/2004 Time: 9:34:11 User: N/A Computer: SERVER1 Description: Information Store (3244) First Storage Group: The database page read from the file "C:\Program Files\Exchsrvr\mdbdata\priv1.edb" at offset 1034522624 (0x000000003da99000) for 4096 (0x00001000) bytes failed verification due to a page checksum mismatch. The expected checksum was 1084771338170031 (0x0003da9802462eaf) ...

VBA Question #4
Hi: I have BASIC programming skills but have never had the opportunity to use VBA inside Excel. Using a UDF, I need to know how to take the contents of a cell and pass it to a variable inside my user defined function. I am trying to take the results in one cell and if it matches, then take the information from two other cells and multiply them together. I've poured over the VBA documentation and see how to push a value into a cell, but can't find any examples of retrieving a cell's content. Thanks in advance! -- Steve Spence Independent AMSOIL Dealer AMSOIL - The "...

Count #4
Hi, I have a total column and use format condition. Ex: If a number is =>90,it will change to red color If a number is <90, it will change to green color. At the end of sheet, I would like to have a total of red and green. Ex; 25 red and 15 green (just count, not a value of cell) Thank you Loi Hi use =COUNTIF(A:A,">=90") and =COUNTIF("A:A"<90") It would be VERY difficult to evaluate the conditional format colors -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany Loi wrote: > Hi, > > I have a total column and use format condition. > ...

PST file #4
My Outlook PST file was 1.5 gig. I deleted 500 meg worth of sent files and unused folders, then I emptied the "Deleted" folder. I followed the instructions to manually compact, and the size is still 1.5 gig. Why doesn't the compacting recover the space I know I've deleted? i'm running into same problem..not sure why its doing that. if i find out anything i will let you know. Do you know how to block an email address in outlook 2002? >-----Original Message----- >My Outlook PST file was 1.5 gig. I deleted 500 meg worth >of sent files and unused folders,...

Defaulting a CDateTimeCtrl to none
I am using the CDateTimeCtrl with the allow none thus I get the check mark and the user has to turn it off. How do I default the control to no check mark to start with and the user has to turn it on? Simply call SetTime(). "William Gower" <w_gower@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:eQvSJEa4DHA.2384@TK2MSFTNGP10.phx.gbl... > I am using the CDateTimeCtrl with the allow none thus I get the check mark > and the user has to turn it off. How do I default the control to no check > mark to start with and the user has to turn it on? > > ...

Recovery #4
Hope someone can help me, I have the problem I think that article KB889528 will fix, but after reading it I have Event ID 217 did you call for the hotfix? -- Susan Conkey [MVP] "Sam" <Sam@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:E3ECB53B-3B7D-4BB2-A138-87ECC840687A@microsoft.com... > Hope someone can help me, I have the problem I think that article KB889528 > will fix, but after reading it I have Event ID 217 Yes I did buy I have not yet applied it and I was wondering 2 things 1 If I should do an offline back up first? 2 If I should skip the hotfix a...

CDateTimeCtrl
I have called the SetTime() member on a CDateTimeCtrl control in a dialog passing it a LPSYSTEMTIME parameter but it fails to set the value in the control. I checked to see what error code was being returned and it was 0. Therefore I checked to see if the dialog was visible at the time I made the call and it isn't. Therefore my assumption is that this control requires the dialog to be visible prior to setting the value of the date, right? I went into my CPropertyPage::OnSetActive() method to try and set the value of the date/time control there with no luck. So I've tried OnSetActiv...

Protecting Worksheet #4
Is there any way to protect a workbook and still let users enter in information on certain cell? Also, is there any way to protect the page setup of a Workbook? Thanks in advance for any help. Hi By default, all cells are locked - but the sheet is unprotected. Hit Ctrl+A to select all cells and then from Format/Cells/Protection, uncheck Locked. Now all of your cells are unlocked. Select the cell/s you wish to lock and Format/Cells/Protection select Locked. To activate this, you now need to protect the worksheet, from Tools/Protection/Protect Worksheet Hope this helps. -- Andy. "To...

Change from calendar month periods to fiscal periods (i.e. 4-4-5)
Has anyone had experience changing from calendar month periods to a fiscal periods but not changing from a calendar year to a fiscal year? Our company wants to change to a periods such as 4-4-5 but does not want to change from a calendar year. The only tool that GP brokers discuss is the fiscal period modifier which is only to (possibly - they say it sometimes doesn't work!) change from a calendar year to a fiscal year. ...