CDatabase help needed

        Hi

                anyone know when and why CDatabase throwing an exception
               " Database already exists"
                " Driver's SQLSETCONNECTION Attr Failed"
            this comes when i tried to call
CDatabase.OpenEx(myConnecString,NoOdbcdialog).
        There is nuthing wrong with ma connect string.
    help needed

- Jibesh

0
jibesh.vp (92)
5/26/2004 8:26:29 PM
vc.mfc 33608 articles. 0 followers. Follow

Hi,

If you could supply details of your connection string and all relevant code
we may be able to help.

- Tim

"jibesh" <jibesh.vp@m2comsys.com> wrote in message
>        Hi
>
>                anyone know when and why CDatabase throwing an exception
>               " Database already exists"
>                " Driver's SQLSETCONNECTION Attr Failed"
>            this comes when i tried to call
> CDatabase.OpenEx(myConnecString,NoOdbcdialog).
>        There is nuthing wrong with ma connect string.
>    help needed
>

> - Jibesh

0
Tim

Need cost comparison template for like producst with shipping cos.
A template which analyzes the cost of two or more like products from one or more manufacturer/distributor. Analysis should inclde accessories included or must be purchased seperately, product per case count and bulk discount. Could also include potential shipping charges for item and lead time. You can find templates on the Microsoft web site: http://office.microsoft.com/en-ca/templates/default.aspx or search in Google, using some of your key words: http://www.google.com/advanced_search? MediSISS administration wrote: > A template which analyzes the cost of two or more like ...

Need CRM Classroom training in Southern California
I need CRM Customization training. Does anyone know where I can receive CRM classroom training in California? Customersource only lists training sessions in Canada. Thanks, Jonathan N. I can get you in touch with contractor-based training. Please send an email to my profile's address. Dave "jonn" wrote: > I need CRM Customization training. > Does anyone know where I can receive CRM classroom training in California? > Customersource only lists training sessions in Canada. > > Thanks, > Jonathan N. ...

help with error
Task 'Microsoft Exchange Server' reported error (0x80070057) : 'Could not complete the operation. One or more parameter values are not valid.' I removed the outlook profile and recreated it to try and fix this problem but it did not work Please help ...

no Help in Windows XP
When I go to Start and click on "Help and Support" - nothing happens. How can I activate this feature without reinstalling Windows XP? Ron Patterson wrote: > When I go to Start and click on "Help and Support" - nothing happens. How > can I activate this feature without reinstalling Windows XP? Is the Help and Support service running? Enter SERVICES.MSC in the Start menu Run box and verify the status of the service. This services should be set to Automatic start. John Thanks John, It says Started - Automatic - Local System - seems lik...

Form Help 01-18-08
I have a form creating that lists a product code and a product description. When entering data into this form I have people scan a product code. Is there a way to set up a trigger that will notify me if the product code listed on the form originally and the scanned product code do not match? You need to add your own code to the BeforeUpdate event of the control or the form. I haven't worked with scanners so I don't know if scanner input will trigger the BeforeUpdate event of the control so if that doesn't work, use the form level event. You can then cancel the update if ...

Help with automating file name
I have the following code that exports the below query to excell. I would like the files name to include the month and date. How would I format this? DoCmd.OutputTo acOutputQuery, "qryShopOrderSqFtShippedSummaryExport",_ acFormatXLS, "W:\Cokato\Production\ProdRoomRpt.xls" -- Matt Campbell mattc (at) saunatec [dot] com Message posted via AccessMonster.com http://www.accessmonster.com/Uwe/Forums.aspx/access-queries/200708/1 Hi, Matt. > I would > like the files name to include the month and date. Uh, . . . the date _always_ includes the month, unless you're r...

Help file javascript link
I have a issue here, when you open excel without assistant and you browse around the help file, you will see a word that is underlined that will give you a javascript describtion about that word. My excel help box doesn't do that, is there a way to click on that link and it will show you a java box of what that word means? Thanks ------------------------------------------------ ~~ Message posted from http://www.ExcelTip.com/ ~~ View and post usenet messages directly from http://www.ExcelForum.com/ ...

Database help???
Hello, I purchased a disc that has name,addresses ect on it. The format that it is in is pdf. I can get it in excel and save it as a worksheet, I was told that I could pull out names using the codes that were provided but how do I do this? Thank you Mare What do you mean by "pull out names"? What is "codes that were provided"? Was it provided with the PDF? Perhaps you want to send letters. In that case, use Mail merge from Word. http://www.theofficeexperts.com/word.htm#MailMerge ******************* ~Anne Troy www.OfficeArticles.com www.MyExpertsOnline.com "M...

File needed to run the planner ...
All, I keep getting the same error mesage: A file needed to run the planner is either missing or corrupted. To resolve this problem, reinstall Money and the reopen your Money file. Until today I was running a trial version where I'd say: 'OK ... no big plans to make for two months'. But I have a full version as of today and still the same. Off course I did try to reinstall couple of times but the error message keeps coming back. Many thanks for any help in advance Check out http://www.mvps.org/money/faq.htm - some way down the page is a registry fix you can use to reset...

Help with SUMIF
I have the following formula to calculate some numeric data: =SUMIF(F6:F27,F5,S6:S27) (this is in cell S5) the qualifying code is in column F and the numeric data to sum is in column S Problem. When I insert a row just below row 5, the formula in S5 changes to: =SUMIF(F7:F27,F5,S7:S27) I will be adding data to the new row6 and I need it to become a part of the calculation. I need the formula to remain F6: and S6: How can I do that? Glen One way =SUMIF(INDIRECT("F6:F27"),F5,INDIRECT("S6:S27")) -- Regards, Peo Sjoblom "Glen Mettler" <glen.e.m...

*HELP*
Time formula. J8-I8. In K8(If J8-I8>=59/60 if <=60/100) Rookie I think we may need a little more help on what you are trying to do? -- HTH Nick Hodge Microsoft MVP - Excel Southampton, England www.nickhodge.co.uk nick_hodgeTAKETHISOUT@zen.co.uk.ANDTHIS "Rookie" <Rookie@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:5F44DF1E-0A39-4978-A691-CD00B25671C2@microsoft.com... > Time formula. J8-I8. In K8(If J8-I8>=59/60 if <=60/100) Okay it is a little ambiguous. I am refining a spreadsheet that illustrates indivdual production. It has a start time (cel...

Need to take out checkboxes from from some items of the listcontrol..
Hi, I have a listcontrol in which i want to have checkboxes for only selected items.... For that i m trying , m_cListCtrl.SetItemState(nRow , LVS_EX_TRACKSELECT, LVS_EX_TRACKSELECT); which is not working..... PLease help me.. Lotz of thanx in advance, Are you saying you want to have the items checked that are selected or that you actually only want checkboxes on some rows? If you only want check boxes on some items you'll have to owner draw it. Otherwise, you can catch the check message and set others that are highlighted (selected) at the same time. It becomes confusing when ...

HELP HELP....
I have a user who is sending an appointment to two people within our company, however, when she sends that appointment it is also being sent to someone she is not adding to the list of receipents. The person that it is sending to was at one time in the companys global address list but has not been for several years. I am totally clueless and have tried everything I can think of, please help!! This is probably due to that ex-employee having been set up as a delegate on one of the recipient's mailboxes at one time. The recipients should check their Outlook profiles for info on this ...

Publisher and HELP files
I read somewhere recently [can't find it now] that you can create a publication then export it directly as a .chm help file if you have HTML Help Workshop installed on your system. Is this true? No. You can create Help files with a Word file tho but not as a direct export. -- JoAnn Paules MVP Microsoft [Publisher] ~~~~~ How to ask a question http://support.microsoft.com/KB/555375 "flakjakk" <flakjakk@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:B6A54644-A14F-4E26-B974-A05E1DB6DB24@microsoft.com... >I read somewhere recently [can't find it now] that you ...

Drop down menu help #3
I made a drop down menu with 3 choices. I want the rest of the worksheet to be based on the choice made in the drop down menu. For example, I have choices A, B and C in the drop down menu. If A is selected, I want some set of information to appear. If B is selected, I want a different set to appear. Etc... Please email me to help. je_mets@yahoo.com Thanks, Jack -- jacke613 ------------------------------------------------------------------------ jacke613's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=18581 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showt...

HELP please
Hi, I have 3D data that I would like to plot in Excel. This should be straightforward using the surface chart template in Excel. However, the chart that I produce when I follow the Excel wizard looks nothing like a 3D surface plot (it looks more like 2D). The data I am plotting most definitely has a surface, as there is a well known series of mathematical models underlying the observed data. I have seen several publications that have surface plot diagrams which they claim was created using Excel - what am I doing wrong ? (Pushing my luck here ...) Once I have managed to get a 3D surface plo...

help! OWM
how come when an email in the subject filed includes a "& or ..." I can open and view the content in Outlook but when accessing it through Outlook Web, it came up with "the page cannot be found"? Any help would be appreciated. I'll bet that you have installed on your Exchange server the URLSCAN.DLL (probably installed with IIS Lockdown). URLSCAN looks for URLs that might possibly have characters that would allow directory traversal or cause a buffer overflow. Look for the URLSCAN.INI file, in that file, you will find a list of those characters (including m...

SAP HCM Performance Management consultant needed in Los Angeles, CA
I thought you might be able to help on SAP HCM Performance Management consultant position opening we have available. I have provided a brief overview below. Please contact me if you have an interest and more details can be provided. HCM Performance Management Number of Positions: 2 Start: ASAP (Flexible) End: 9/30/11 Location: Near Los Angeles, CA Rate:. Open Performance Management consultant for HCM implementation with at least 2 full cycle HCM implementations as Performance Management lead. Ability to guide the customer to align diverse existing business processes with SAP standard functi...

Help Help Help!
I installed a new hard drive, did a clean install of XP on it and slaved the old drive (which had Money 2001 on it). Some of my other programs on the slave drive would open, but when I tried to open Money 2001, it told me to reinstall. Thinking I was doing a good thing, I installed 2003 and then could not find any of my FOUR YEARS of data! I uninstalled 2003, and tried installing 2001 to the primary drive, but now every time I try to open it, it tells me to 'reinstall from the original disk'. I need serious help here! Thanks.. J. Job #1 is to find your data file(s). Searc...

RDNS Help
Can someone post screen caps of an example of a correct setup for a Reverse Lookup Zone? I've tried all of the advice I can find and I still apparently can't do it right. I use DNSStuff.com to test and the result I get is: [A=None] *ERROR* There is no A record (may be cached) On Mon, 5 Jun 2006 13:28:02 -0700, CoastalGuy <CoastalGuy@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >Can someone post screen caps of an example of a correct setup for a Reverse >Lookup Zone? I've tried all of the advice I can find and I still apparently >can't do it right. I use DNSStuff.com t...

InterOrg Synchro tool
Please help - I need the InterOrg Synchronization Tool for Exch 5.5 - It can be found on the Back Office Resource Kit. I found a download link at Technet but it turned out to be a dead link..."sorry...no longer available" Ay Caramba! Can anyone find a download location for it? ...

param syntax help
Why does this work: <xsl:for-each select="//page[@subSite='monkey']"> but this does not?: <xsl:param name="subSite">monkey</xsl:param> <xsl:for-each select="//page[@subSite='$subsite']"> * darrel wrote in microsoft.public.dotnet.xml: >Why does this work: > > <xsl:for-each select="//page[@subSite='monkey']"> > >but this does not?: > ><xsl:param name="subSite">monkey</xsl:param> ><xsl:for-each select="//page[@subSite='$subsite']"&...

Manual Sales Methodology -- Need Help
Hi, Here is my situation. We are trying to implement a manual sales methodology. Basically I have a dropdown list called "Sales Stage" with values entitles "Stage 1", "Stage 2" and "Stage 3". I need the values here to effect the sales pipeline and the sales pipeline report. The other issue is that a lead can advance or retreat in the sales cycle. Meaning it could go from Stage 1 to Stage 2 and then back to Stage 1 or could go Stage 1 to Stage 3 and then to Stage 2. I know I need a workflow setup (as just effecting the "stepname&quo...

RPC over HTTPS
I'm trying to set up rpc over https and I just can't seem to be able to get it to work even after following all the technet docs for configuration and troubleshooting. Here's what I've done so far: I'm trying to use the same front-end server that I'm using for OWA which has a certificate and owa is working fine. On that server, I went ahead and checked off the rpc front-end selection in the HTTP-RPC tab. I then went to the backend server (which is really an A/P cluster) and checked off the rpc backend selection. I later learned that I was supposed to do the bac...

Calculations Help!
Hi, I am trying to calculate totals in a spread sheet depending on two cell values. i.e. if cell1 = 610 and cell2 = 110 then calculate the value cells. Here's a better example: Value Dep Expen 179 610 110 -620 610 110 -718.98 610 110 -159.99 610 110 -870.5 610 110 65.54 610 115 15.54 610 115 From this I want the totals for Dep=610 and Expen=110 (adding all of the relevant 'value' cells for these values - total should be -2190.47) and the totals for Dep=610 and Expen=115 (total should be 81.08) etc. Is there any way I can...