CAsyncSocket connection status

Is there any way I can check if the connection is
established or not (e.g. using the m_hSocket to check,
instead of those OnConnect or OnClose events)?

Thanks!

0
anonymous (74717)
12/8/2003 9:12:02 PM
vc.mfc 33608 articles. 0 followers. Follow

Routing Group Connections between Administrative Groups?
I have a question regarding the subject... since I don't have an option to try this for myself: When multiple routing groups and routing group connectors between them are used... how does one establish a rgc between routing groups that are handeled in separate administrative groups? Let's say that an administrator has full administrative permissions only within his given administrative group. If there are no two-way connectors established between the routing groups in other administrative groups the communication doesn't work, right? So am I right in concluding that the administra...

Slow Internet Connection, HELP
Hey Vista Home, I guess it's an Acer Laptop, (don't have the computer in front of me now) My girlfriend has a got a new ISP. Originally she uses a cable to connect to the switch/modem, But now another ISP have installed a new modem/switch in her house. the cable guy left the modem without connecting any cat5 cables to the modem/switch so the computer where offline for a while until I plugged in the cable to the modem... The cable isn't that nessecery as the modem is sending wireless also.... but when using cable connection the trasfer rate (incoming) is 7kb/s, ...

Internet connection not seen during activation
I'm trying to activate my Money Plux Deluxe (2008?), but after entering the key and clicking the 'activate' button, I get the following error dialog box: Money could not be activated. Please confirm your product key and check to be sure that your computer is connected to the Internet. I double checked the key, and it appears to be correct. My web browser appears to be getting pages correctly...I have a wired and wireless connections on this computer, and the Windows Vista firewall is on. Do I need to open up some special port for MS Money to talk to the mothership? ...

replication status
Hi there, I'm switching Exchange2003 over to new hardware. Yesterday I created replicas of all public folders on the new server. Everything looks fine, both servers are having the same amount of items in their public folders. If I create a testfolder on one server, it's immediately replicated to the other. Only the replication status in system-manager irritates me: nearly all folder present themselves as 'locally changed'. I was expecting, that after some hours I should see 'synchonized' as status, but I don't. Any ideas? Franz-Georg Clodt MCSE+M, MCT I&#...

Status Reason Error
I am trying to edit available selections on Lead Status Reason. However when I try to save it give me an standard error message to see my administrator. I have administrator and customizer permissions. Any ideas on why this is occuring and how to fix? thanks in advance. ...

CAsyncSocket
My main thread creates a CAsyncSocket derived class and tries to connect to the server by calling the Connect method. Unfortunately, since CAsyncSocket is non-blocking, the OnConnect notification arrives as a message to the main window. But, I cannot continue processing until a successful connection has been established and I don't want to create a worker thread to initialize the socket. Is there any way I can process windows messages and wait until the OnConnect function returns with the connection status? "Rohit" <Rohit@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in...

Problems connecting with clients
I've had to do a manual install on clients and I still can't get the server (DPM2010)to communicate with clients, and I think the problem is on the server (Windows 2008R2x64). The client error log for DPMRA says "host is unreachable" but the server firewall config shows all the DPM apps allowed through for the domain. Any pointers? Here are some guidelines on how to debug it, I am assuming that DPM and PSes are in a single domain(or having trust to each other's domain) and you have successfully attached the agent on DPM. 1. One quick way to isolat...

Entourage 2008 Web Services Edition cannot connect to Exchange Server 2007
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.6 (Snow Leopard) Processor: Intel Email Client: Exchange I have been using Entourage 2008 to connect to our Exchange server since it's release (part of Office 2008) and I have recently followed the instructions to update it to the Web Services Edition. I am now unable to connect to my Exchange account with this version but as soon as I re-install the 'normal' version of Entourage 2008 everything works. <br><br>Is there something I need to enable on the Exchange 2007 server to allow the Web Services Edition to connect? ...

Connecting mac clients
Hi I have no prior experience with macs and unfortunately this new client has some macs that need connecting to the new sbs 2003 standard R2 dell server. Could someone please guide me to some easy steps to connect macs to sbs as client to access exchange emails (via apple mail or some such) and internet? Many Thanks Regards These links should help: Connecting a Macintosh running Mac OS 10.5 to an SBS 2003 Server http://simultaneouspancakes.com/Lessons/2007/10/28/connecting-a-macintosh-running-mac-os-105-to-an-sbs-2003-server/ SBS-Mac links (several pages) http://s...

CAsyncSocket::Receive and CAsyncSocket's threading...
Hi again, 1. Is CAsyncSocket::Receive a blocking function? 2. How is the IO Strategy for MFC's CAsyncSocket? 1 thread to do all stuff? Thanks again. pixelmana wrote: > Hi again, > 1. Is CAsyncSocket::Receive a blocking function? > 2. How is the IO Strategy for MFC's CAsyncSocket? 1 thread to do all stuff? > Thanks again. 1. No. "Async" means non-blocking. 2. CAsyncSocket sends you notifiction messages via the Windows message queue. These messages are just like button and mouse messages. CAsyncSocket turns them into calls to your derived class virtual fu...

Connection Schedule #2
We have all of our store computers setup on connection schedules. One of them is not connecting automatically and we have request a data upload to get the information off the server. Does anyone know why it would not be connecting and how we can fix the problem? There are a lot of reasons that would cause a store connection to fail - Here is where I would start: 1) Is the connection schedule defined in HQ Mgr?: HQ Mgr> Admin> Stores> Locate/Highlight store> Properties> Connection Schedule - is schedule according to your connection map? 2) Make sure stores connections are...

Change 'Track in CRM' Status
If a contact or task is designtated to be tracked in Outlook, how can I undo this so that it's no longer being tracked? Thanks ...

creating a connection to the current record
this is about code I have written behind the OnPrint event of a report's detail section... how would I go about creating a connection/relationship between the current record and the recordset(s) I have opened in the code behind the OnPrint; could you suggest what the code might be like? as always, thanks in advance, mark ...

CAsyncSocket
I have been unable to figure out a way to detect that the server that my client is talking to has lost its physical connection to the network. I have a simple server and client for debugging this problem. The server just accepts a connection and sends out a line of text every second. The client just connects and reads the socket, displaying each line as it comes in To test this, I fire up the two apps on different machines and let them run for a bit. Then I unplug the server machine's network cable. The client does not receive any notification that something is wrong (no OnClose noti...

The Connections Tab is missing under the menu item Tools/Internet
RE: Microsoft Internet Explorer The Connections Tab is missing under the menu item Tools/Internet Options.../ anyone know why or how I can access connections in explorer. Chances are that your administrator has disabled the possibility to view this tab. BTW: Pls note that this forum is for questions related to the mail client Outlook and not for questions related to IE. Sandor Teglasy "zipzap" <zipzap@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:D6BB833F-EA5F-46D9-A1DA-CF54E76B1CFD@microsoft.com... > RE: Microsoft Internet Explorer > The Connections Tab is missin...

Again with CAsyncSocket
I'm again with my attemp of implement a CAsyncSocket class to my project. I started from 0 again and have a class (MySocket:public CAsyncSocket) that has to manage the connections. The constructor creates the server socket: MySocket::MySocket() { //CAsyncSocket* pServer = new CAsyncSocket; this->numclients = 0; int nPort = 15000; int ret = this->Create( 15000 ); if( Listen()==FALSE ) { //ERROR } else { //NO ERROR } } This opens my server and starts listening connections: void MySocket::OnAccept(int nErrorCode) { CAsyncSocket* client = new CAsync...

Outlooks 2003 connection probs w/ Exchange server 2003
Hello, I need some assistance. I have researched and researched but can't get some resolve on this problem. I helped a business move office locations. The business had a Win 2003 server that is the company web server and Exchange 2003 server. The network structure was a DSL internet connection, a Linux (generic) firewall, the 2003 server and a few client PCs on the network. In brief the move required a provider change so now the company is using a cable provider for phone and INET. When we finally got online we had some problems connecting. Not knowing the Linu...

Understanding CAsyncSocket-- need perspective.
I've written several successful applications using CAsyncSocket, both server side and client side. I'm having trouble getting my mind around what exactly is going on in CAsyncSocket with a client side connection- and what the preferred method of connection is. My trouble is this: I've written a very small, q & d app which instantiates a casyncsocket on the stack, does a create() with no parameters and connects to a server (not under my control-- often a public site on say, an html port *80)). The connection always fails with WSAEWOULDBLOCK which I understand... in theory. ...

Timed out waiting for status 250
I don't think this is a problem with our server but for a couple of domains when trying to send an email one of my users was getting a NDR for time limit specifications. When I did a check at checkdns.net I got the following response: Checking mail server (PRI=10) gate1.mnsisp.net 64.198.183.4 Mail server gate1.mnsisp.net 64.198.183.4 answers on port 25 << 220 gate1.mnsisp.net SMTP; Tue, 15 Feb 2005 08:18:11 -0600 >>> HELO www.checkdns.net <<< 250 gate1.mnsisp.net Hello >>> MAIL FROM: <dnscheck@uniplace.com> Connection to mail server gate1...

Connecting Documents
I have a newsletter on Publisher, and I want to insert an ad that is also on Publisher. How do I insert one Publisher document into another? You wouldn't. You'd save the ad as an image and then place it into your Publlisher newsletter. Which version of Publisher are you using? -- ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ Rob Giordano Microsoft MVP Expression Web "Samantha Jayne" <Samantha Jayne@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:2C6ABC0A-9031-421F-976F-525D1D92A776@microsoft.com... > I have a newsletter on Publisher, and I want to insert an ad that is also > ...

Limited or No Connectivity? I think DHCP or AFD is the root of the problem!
Hello guys, I'm facing a serious problem here: I've been trying to fix a computer here but I am just so stuck. First the PC was filled with viruses to the point that it wouldn't allow you to get on the internet without some scan popping up and without the page rerouting you to an antisoftware page to buy the product. I got rid of all of that.:) The pc had XP SP2, so all I wanted to do was upgrade to XP SP3 and get the critical updates and security so it could be more secure. Boy was that not easy. The 2 times I've tried installing SP3, I have not been able to g...

CAsyncSocket: how do you send?
As part of the process of learning MFC I've written a simple dialog based app that should allow the user to connect to a server, exchange strings with it and disconnect- telnet, really. I come from a VB background and am familiar with using sockets in that environment. This is why I'm comfortable with the MFC dialog based approach to life.. Anyhow, I can connect OK and the server response is handled correctly and added to a list box, but I can't figure out for the life of me how to send anything. Please have a look at the code: class CTERMSocket : public CAsyncSocket { public: ...

Must be connected to the internet
I was warned that MS Money was junk. I was also warned that Vista was not even close to a true release version. I assumed that my degree in Software Engineering and decade of industry experience would ensure that the problems I was warned about would not happen to me. I was wrong. I have purchased a new quad core dell pc with Vista. I then purchase Money Plus Deluxe and spent around 8 hours importing my accounts, categorizing my expenses, setting up a budget, setting up bill payment, etc. Today I tried to open Money. Money prompted me that it required a software update in order to proce...

32bit ODBC connect to 64bits server?
I'm trying to create a User DSN (from my 32-bit Server and PC) to SQL Server 2008 R2 64-bit. I'm using the SQL Server Native Client 10 driver. When select SQL authentication, type 'sa' as a user and password click Next; Connection failed: SQLState: '08001" SQL Server Error: 0 [Microsoft][SQL Server native Client 10.0] Unable to complete login presecc due to delay in opening server connection. On Jul 30, 2:51=A0am, MLITSupport <mlit.suppor...@gmail.com> wrote: > I'm trying to create a User DSN (from my 32-bit Server and PC) to SQL > Ser...

IE Advanced Find connection error to CRM 1.2
CRM 1.2, IE 6, w2003 (CRM), XP Pro (Client) About 5 out of 20 or so users are getting an intermittent error when trying to use the Advanced Find feature. This began happening shortly after the latest updates and patches from Microsoft were installed in early August. Happens on laptops and desktop machines Today I went to a sales rep desk who said Advanced Find has not worked for her for the past two weeks. To her surprise, she was able to open it and run a query, three times! Fourth time it errored out. The popup box is the Microsoft “Do you want to send a report” popup, not a CRM...