Cash Drawer Problem

I just got a Pos-x recipt Printer (emulates an Epson TM-T88II) which connects
to LPT1, I have set it up using the reccomended (Epson) driver and it prints
& auto-cuts perfectly!

The only problem is that I cannot figure out how to make it kick the
cash-drawer open. the cash drawer plugs in to the printer via a phone
cord-like wire which sends a pulse to open the drawer.

I have come across a few people who are opening a similar setup in VB, but
no-one has the code for VC++.

For a printer in my code I am using a CDC object, my output is done with the
TextOut() member as below:
    CDC *printer;
    printer->TextOut(xPosition, yPosition, "Output String");

Somebody please help!
0
Josephvan (5)
9/29/2004 9:35:04 PM
vc.mfc 33608 articles. 0 followers. Follow

what does the code look like in VB?  that might give those of us who know
the languages but not the hardware a chance to help.

"Joseph_van" <Josephvan@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> I just got a Pos-x recipt Printer (emulates an Epson TM-T88II) which
connects
> to LPT1, I have set it up using the reccomended (Epson) driver and it
prints
> & auto-cuts perfectly!
>
> The only problem is that I cannot figure out how to make it kick the
> cash-drawer open. the cash drawer plugs in to the printer via a phone
> cord-like wire which sends a pulse to open the drawer.
>
> I have come across a few people who are opening a similar setup in VB, but
> no-one has the code for VC++.
>
> For a printer in my code I am using a CDC object, my output is done with
the
> TextOut() member as below:
>     CDC *printer;
>     printer->TextOut(xPosition, yPosition, "Output String");
>
> Somebody please help!

0
noone1 (387)
9/29/2004 9:38:24 PM
p.s. on  a quick guess... cdc is meant mostly for drawing.  most likely you
need to send a specific character sequence to the printer to have it open
the drawer.  try looking at the cdc::escape or extescape function
PASSTHROUGH which gives you a way to send raw data to the printer i believe.

"Joseph_van" <Josephvan@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> I just got a Pos-x recipt Printer (emulates an Epson TM-T88II) which
connects
> to LPT1, I have set it up using the reccomended (Epson) driver and it
prints
> & auto-cuts perfectly!
>
> The only problem is that I cannot figure out how to make it kick the
> cash-drawer open. the cash drawer plugs in to the printer via a phone
> cord-like wire which sends a pulse to open the drawer.
>
> I have come across a few people who are opening a similar setup in VB, but
> no-one has the code for VC++.
>
> For a printer in my code I am using a CDC object, my output is done with
the
> TextOut() member as below:
>     CDC *printer;
>     printer->TextOut(xPosition, yPosition, "Output String");
>
> Somebody please help!

0
noone1 (387)
9/29/2004 9:46:03 PM
Is the Drawer attached with some Receipt Printer? if yes, then use
OpenPrinter(), StartDocPrinter(), StartPagePrinter(), WritePrinter().

More you need to know the 5 ASCII Code to supply to WritePrinter().

Hope it helps
Fahad Ashfaque

"Joseph_van" wrote:

> I just got a Pos-x recipt Printer (emulates an Epson TM-T88II) which connects
> to LPT1, I have set it up using the reccomended (Epson) driver and it prints
> & auto-cuts perfectly!
>
> The only problem is that I cannot figure out how to make it kick the
> cash-drawer open. the cash drawer plugs in to the printer via a phone
> cord-like wire which sends a pulse to open the drawer.
>
> I have come across a few people who are opening a similar setup in VB, but
> no-one has the code for VC++.
>
> For a printer in my code I am using a CDC object, my output is done with the
> TextOut() member as below:
>     CDC *printer;
>     printer->TextOut(xPosition, yPosition, "Output String");
>
> Somebody please help!

M2006 under Vista RC2
I bought M2006 online/download a while ago. Under Vista RC2, when I install the webinstall package and log in with my passport credentials it tells me that it needs to download more software (basically it upgrades from the Trial version to the full version). When I click OK it tells me: "Your Money software requires an update. Before you can install the update, you need to close Money, log on to Windows as a member of the Administrators group and then restart Money" The account I am using is a member of the Administrator group - and it's the only one on this machine. Any ...

Problem with replying to messages
When replying to messages, the pictures I have attached to my signature don't show up and the font changes from the font of the text in my signature. It does come up right when creating new mail? ...

Too much cash warning
I have a customer that wants to be warned that the drawer has reached X amount of dollars and a cash drop is needed before they can proceed with sales. Example: Max Cash Limit: $1000 Opening Amount: $200 When sales reach $800 a mandatory cash drop is necessary before they can continue. Is this possible to do without an add-on? Is there a work around or at least a notification of some sort? We have "Drop Notification" as part of the RR Store Utility. If you wish to try this or know more about it please contact me. Afshin Alikhani - afshin@retailrealm.co.uk Retail Realm =...

auto edit problem
Excel keeps automatically removing "0" from the front of a #, but I want to keep them there When you enter a "number" string with leading zeros in a cell that's formatted for a number, or general, Excel just deletes the leading zeros and converts the remaining digits to a number. If you want to retain the leading zeros in a string, either pre-format the cell for TEXT, or type an apostrophe before entering the string. Vaya con Dios, Chuck, CABGx3 "Julie" wrote: > Excel keeps automatically removing "0" from the front of a #, but I want ...

Cash flow problem 2005
I am trying to use the cash flow tool. When I try to use it I am told to create at least one checking, savings or cash account before you go to cash flow forecast. I already have two checking acounts. Any thoughts... Try searching the group "microsoft.public.money" at http://groups.google.com This has come up before. I can't recall the solution(s) or excuse(s). "maj" <maj@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:6DF88AB4-6168-4B26-A651-78A60F7BD906@microsoft.com... >I am trying to use the cash flow tool. When I try to use it I am told to > c...

Conferencing Problems Exchange 2000
Hi, I use exchange 2000 options to videconference in me network. We have many subnets. All the optios run fine in one subnet (webcam, audio, chat, sharing application...) but in diferents subnets (behind routers) no show the webcam. In the routers i permit all ip protocols. The videoconfenece use any protocol that routers no route? Or nay other tips? Thanks in advanced ...

Problems with Window in Dialog
Hi all, I have a problem. I have an ActiveX Control created with Delphi. From this activeX control a window could be created. If it's called without a parent everything is ok. If it's a child window of a dialog there are problems: while there is no input from user there are no problems, but if user makes an input (at comboBox or edit on activeX window) and changes the application (e.g. IE) than the application hangs and the cpu uses 50%. With Spy++ no more message is shown after changing application and even spy++ hangs with 30% cpu. Before leaving the application spy++ has recorded: ...

Lookup problem in Excel 2003
I had a formula in an Excel workbook called Payments to update the bank balance during 2011-2012: =LOOKUP(1E+100,'\\Pfadc01\company data\ADMINISTRATION\Excel\Accounts 2011-2012\Bank 11-12\[2011-2012 Bank balance.xls]PF'!$F:$F) This worked perfectly well until I needed a similar formula for 2012-2013. I have amended it as appropriate but it only returns 0.00 on my Payments sheet. This is the formula I am using: =LOOKUP(1E+100,'\\Pfadc01\company data\ADMINISTRATION\Excel\Accounts 2012-2013\Bank 12-13\[2012-2013 Bank balance.xls]PF'!$F:$F) Can anyone see where I have gone wron...

Problem removing shares in Money 2001
When I try to remove all the shares of a mutual fund investment, I get a message that says doing so will cause a negative balance at some point, and advises me to arrange the transactions so this doesn't happen. Obviously removing all shares would bring the balance to zero, but I don't see why it would ever go negative. The same message appears whether I try to confirm a downloaded transaction, or try to do the transaction manually. Nothing I try to work around this seems to work. Anyone have a solution, or a clue as to why it is happening? Many thanks. Sometimes rounding errors acc...

Content library problem
Hi all - Publish 2007. I write a newsletter twice a year. Since I use many of the same elements on the back page every time, I erased the volatile areas, then did a Save All on the page, and added it to the Content Library. But when I bring the page back in from the Content Library to a new, blank page, the paragraph spacing on the paragraphs has changed and left me with text boxes in an overflow condition. Am I doing something wrong? Craig Maybe saving the newsletter as a template would be better. I tried to duplicate your problem but could not. I selected all, grouped and then add...

Problem with date formula
Hi I have the follwing date formula,it is meant to give today's date if i is a workday and before 10 PM,after 10 PM the date is meant to rol forward to the next workdays date. =IF(HOUR(NOW())<22,WORKDAY(TODAY(),IF(OR(WEEKDAY(TODAY())=1,WEEKDAY(TODAY())=7),1,0)),WORKDAY(TODAY(),1)) This formula was working for most of the week but now it is showin Thursdays date when it should be showing Fridays.My pc clock is showin the right time. Can anybody spot any errors in it Thanks for the help Ad -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com Hi Ade, Try, =IF((HOUR(NOW())<22)*...

imap connection problem with Outlook 2003
I keep receiving the following message. "A connection to the server could not be established imap.googlemail is now in offline mode. Can anyone please resolve this issue for me as it happens everytime I use Outlook 2003 although I can access my email links to online webpages, however I can't add folders in Outlook etc. Help! Do you have the acct configured correctly? Review the configuration in Tools, Accts. -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Need Help with Common Tasks? http://www.outlook-tips.net/beginner/ Outlook 2007: http://www.slipstick.com/outlook/ol2007/ Outlook Tip...

Amortization table problem
I am trying to set up a dynamic amortization schedule that allows me t change the loan variables (interest rate, length of loan, amount, etc. I am using the PPMT and IPMT functions to calculated the principal an interest payments for each period. My model covers a 30 year tim horizon. The problem occurs when I set the loan time less than 30 years. Fo example, for a 20 year loan I have a line that counts 1, 2, 3, ..., 20 0, 0, to tell the PPMT and IPMT equations which period to calculate. But when it reaches year 21, a zero feeds into the PPMT equation fo time period, resulting in a #NUM...

cash sales off on a register
this is weird, but the cash sales are off on one of our register z reports. that is, the number on the Cash line on the Z-report is a few hundred dollars less at the end of the day than the number in either a daily sales or tender summary report. I know that it is register #1 cash sales because our other 2 registers' cash and credit sales, and credit on register #1 match exactly with what is reported in manager. Only the cash line on the Z-report of one register is off. Does anybody know what is going on? thanks, kamal I sounds like you may have had some sales done after the Z-report w...

Problem E-Mail in Outbox...Driving Me Nuts
Hi All: I have Windows XP Pro with all updates (not SP2), running Office 2003. I just wrote a rather lengthy e-mail to a family member using Outlook 2003, attaching a small .wav file. The account it is sending it through is my Hotmail HTTP account. (I also have other POP and HTTP mail accounts configured within Outlook 2003. I've been using Outlook 2003 for several months now and never had much problem with it. When I pushed "Send" on this e-mail, Outlook started its send/receive cycle. However, it gets hung up on sending this e-mail and it stays in the Outbox. In addition, I c...

Loan cash to a friend with interest
Hi, is there an account to register some cash I lend to friend, but he is making payments only for the interest not for the principal? He will pay the principal someday, but right now he is paying me interest. Becuase with money I can only track loan with interest but for credits I received, not for credits I am giving. Thanks You don't say what version/edition/mode of Money you are using. Money (except Essentials (MEss)) can create a Loan Account when you are lending money--it's the first or second question the account setup genie asks. But in this case that's still probabl...

Problem with installation.
I have a problem with the installation of CRM 3.0. My CRM environment is now installed in two VirtualPC machines. Server One : Windows 2K3 with Exchange2003 and SQL2005 with reporting services. Server Two : Windows 2K3 with CRM 3.0. At the end of the installation I get the message that the installation didn't finish correctly. Here are the last lines from the logfile. ----------------------- 16:51:11| Info| Database Version: 3.0.5300.0 16:51:11| Info| Executing Install action: Microsoft.Crm.Setup.Server.CreateOdbcDsnAction 16:51:11| Info| Creating 'Microsoft CRM' ODBC D...

Cash receipt remains open for the invoice document with history status
There is a cash receipt that is still remain open for the invoice document has previously applied, and this invoice document status has changed to History (because of this status the cash receipt cannot be applied to this invoice. I have done the Reconcile and CheckLinks GP > Tools > Utilities > Sales > Reconcile Current Customer Information Outstanding Document Amounts for the particular customer ID. GP > Maintenance > CheckLinks > Sales Receivable Transaction History Files Receivable Batch History Receivable Open Transaction File Receivable S...

How to save 'Forecast your cash flow' results
Hi, The way I can create various reports with different settings and save them in favourites so that I can use that setting in future, how can I save 'Forecast your cash flow' settings to use in future? Basically I do check my cash forecast by using different accoutns and categories. If I want to save that setting, who can I save that? @shish No way. Sad, but there it is. "@shish daga" <shishdaga@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:C53E0F4C-878A-4EE7-924F-F43ED6B6F54A@microsoft.com... > The way I can create various reports with different setting...

Money Cash Flow Button quit working!!
All was going fine, then, without any cause I can tell, I quit getting a Cash Flow for one of my accounts. I went to the Cash Flow report, and it was $0.00 forever on that one as well. I closed, rebooted, and went back into MS Money 2002. There still was no Cash Flow generating for that 1 account, but then the Cash Flow button on the toolbar quit working. Please help! See http://umpmfaq.info/faqdb.pgp?q=67. "Christopher" <cadams35@carolina.rr.com> wrote in message news:186601c426df$f6d5dd70$a601280a@phx.gbl... > All was going fine, then, without any cause I can t...

DVD copy problem
I have a DVD having 5 films of James Bonds, out of which three I had copied to my HD, but for rest of the two, I am getting an error message like this: Can not copy: Data error(cyclic redendancy check) Please help me, what's wrong. Thanks Wrong newsgroup/forum? -- Regards, Peo Sjoblom Northwest Excel Solutions www.nwexcelsolutions.com (remove ^^ from email address) Portland, Oregon "Suresh Lohar" <esskay_lohar@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:%23KZebmzWGHA.3344@TK2MSFTNGP02.phx.gbl... >I have a DVD having 5 films...

Email addresses and scrolling problems
Outlook 2007 on Vista 64 Outlook refuses to send some emails - but I have not been able to repro the problem - it appears to be random. When you reply to an email, Outlook will fill in the too address such as Some Name <SomeEmail@somewhere.com> That normally works OK but sometimes it will refuse to send the email - it just stays in the out basket. So you need to manually edit the To address to <SomeEmail@somewhere.com> ie - you need to remove the name prefix in order to get it to work. The email address is perfectly good - it just won't send the email. Of course,...

Problems sending
Hi, I am using Outlook (not Express) and since a couple of days now, whenever I try to send a message it comes back to my inbox. (this is when I say reply, even though the recipients name is in the "to" box) I did do some changes in my Rules Wizard, but I can't seem to find this problem. I am also using 2 accounts in Outlook, (personal and work) and now some of the work emails come to my personal box, even filtered messages that suppose to go into a different folder now go into my personal box, AND the folder where they are supposed to go....I have no idea what I did to ...

formula for cash on cash payback
how do you create a formula for cash on cash payback in months? I think you will need to describe what you mean. Are you talking about "return on investment"? kpc help wrote: > how do you create a formula for cash on cash payback in months? ...

problem with Outlook #2
Hey all, I am having a little bit of a problem. I have setup an account for another user to use Outlook 2003. In other words, there is two users accounts created so me and my brother can use Outlook. The problem is when my brother uses his email account in Outlook and clicks on "SendTo link" on a webpage to contact a site, the email always comes up with my account and always comes in my inbox instead of his email inbox. What's wrong? 1.. Open the Mail Setup dialog box. How? In Microsoft Windows XP a.. In Control Panel, double-click User Accounts, and then cli...