Calling Forms

Usually when i write a Visual C++ program i use Dialogs insted of Forms. When
i want to call a dialog i use the Dialog.DoModal(), but how can i call a
Form?

vc.mfc 33608 articles. 0 followers. Follow

Ricardo Furtado wrote:
> Usually when i write a Visual C++ program i use Dialogs insted of Forms. When
> i want to call a dialog i use the Dialog.DoModal(), but how can i call a
> Form?

If you have a document/view app, what is usually done is to switch the
view from one formview to another, within the same frame window.  Sample
code is shown at:

http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;141334

--
Scott McPhillips [VC++ MVP]

0
Scott

Call in?
Do new owners of Office X have to call up Microsoft to register their copy? If yes, what's the number? thanks. Ming <asdf@asdf.com> wrote: > Do new owners of Office X have to call up Microsoft to register their > copy? If yes, what's the number? thanks. Nope. We're not using Windoze :->>> This version does not require activation. Corentin -- - Mac:MS MVP (Francophone) - (MS) MVP: http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?ln=FR&scid=fh;FR;mvp Newsgroups produits MS: http://support.microsoft.com/newsgroups/?ln=FR ...

Covered Call Options
Hello all, I do I go about dealing with a covered call transaction in Microsoft Money 2007 Premium? Currently what I am doing is inputing the option symbol, and choosing the transaction "Sell to Open" then when I go to expire the option I try to do a Sell to Close. However it does not seem to work? Also what happens if instead of expired I has the position assigned? how would I account for that? Thank you. Shhhh In microsoft.public.money, Shhhh wrote: > >I do I go about dealing with a covered call transaction in Microsoft >Money 2007 Premium? Currently what I am doing is...

Java code to force update of a field on a lead form
I'm trying to create workflows that notify me when a user hasn't contacted a lead for more than 2 days. Currently I'm doing this by checking the condition of the Qualified status after waiting for two days, however this isn't ideal as the lead might not be in a position to be Qualified or Unqualified at that time. I've put a last updated field on the lead form that automatically generates the date and time when a lead is saved but I can't seem to create a workflow that says 'if the last updated date is greater than 2 days trigger an event'. I think I cou...

Call center tracking and reporting
Anyone use CRM 4.0 for call tracking? Our Sales/Marketing is set up. Now I need to decide how to most efficiently customize CRM 4.0 for our company's call tracking portion. Can someone send me a link to information? thanks ...

Data validation in data form?
Is there any way to apply data validation when using a data form to restrict text length, etc. Thanks! Not using MS Data|form. But John Walkenbach's enhanced data form has lots of bells and whistles. You can find it at: http://j-walk.com/ss/dataform/index.htm I'm not sure if it has this capability, but for a nominal fee (20 USD), you can get the source code and modify the heck out of it. cottage6 wrote: > > Is there any way to apply data validation when using a data form to restrict > text length, etc. Thanks! -- Dave Peterson ...

telephone calls
when placing a telephone call using outlook, everything works fine except I can't hear the person i am talking to. They can hear me find. When I use a telephone program not associated with outlook every thing works great. can someone help ...

Calling Macro
Hi All, I have macro like this sub unique() '''''''' '''''''' Counter_item = 0 For Each Item In nodups counter_item = counter_item + 1 bic_var = Item Call Ps_Match Next Item end sub I have another macro Sub Ps_Match() ''''' ''''' If counter_item <= 1 Then call another_macro() end if end sub In the first macro i am declaring counter_item equals to 1. In my second macro i need to call that number. At the to of the module put: Public Counter_I...

Workflow -Assembly Call
How does add subtract in the Workflow>> assembly call works. I do understand that ypu can write your own custom workflows, register it and then call them from here, but I am pretty confused with the existing functionality. workflows can call other workflows workflows can also call a method in a .net assembly. ie you could write a piece of code in c# or vb.net and then have the workflow call your code. ======================= John O'Donnell Microsoft CRM MVP http://codegallery.gotdotnet.com/crm "SAM" <SAM@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:DE...

Convert Word Form to E-mail Form
I have a number of word 2000 forms that I would like to convert to an e-mailable form. Could anyone please point me in the right direction. You'll have to start from scratch on your Outlook form. There's no conversion process. FYI, there is a newsgroup specifically for Outlook forms issues "down the hall" at microsoft.public.outlook.program_forms or, via web interface, at http://www.microsoft.com/office/community/en-us/default.mspx?dg=microsoft.public.outlook.program_forms -- Sue Mosher, Outlook MVP Author of Microsoft Outlook Programming - Jumpstart for ...

Change the form size when it runs?
I'm trying to have the form appear at 150% when it runs - so I dont have to enlarge it to seeit..... how is this done? Thanks! There is no native ability in Access to do so. You have several options. Firstly, you could recreate your forms suitable for different resolutions, and then use a startup form that will open the correct form after checking for the user's resolution - there is code for detecting the resolution here - http://support.microsoft.com/?id=148395 Alternatively, you could resize your forms using a utility (note that this appears to work best ...

Async calls to WebService in MFC
Hey guys, I use a webservice over the net which is scripted in VB.Net. This web service receives a username and a password and returns a string structure with multiples infos. If the string is empty, I had the wrong username and/or password. Pretty simple isn't? Ok now the problem is a bit more complex. I'm using an MFC client to connect to these web services, and since they're on the internet, there's a delay between sending the data and receiving an answer. I don't know really how I can tell me client to "wait for the string". The wrapper MFC created for the w...

Continuous form and colour swatches
I have a colour assigned to various data values and I use these in a Gant chart to display the data. I can use a colour selector to choose the colours I want to use. I would like to display the colour assigned to the data in a continuous form. The conditional formatting is not flexible enough for this so I want to use a colour swatch (e.g. a rectangle) on the top of the form and change the colour of it when a row of data is current. The continuous form does not have an on current event so I am not sure how to do this. Has anyone any suggestions please. Alex Paradigm wrote: > I have a col...

Continuous Forms Question 05-14-10
Hi, I have two similar subforms connected to two different tables. Each subform has a textbox control. I have to check its contents in the event BeforeUpdate. So, when a NEW RECORD is created, the first subform behaves quite normal: after the message, I run command Cancel = True and if the user presses Escape button, the textbox gets empty. But the second subform behaves in a bit different way: when the user presses Escape button, the whole content of that textbox just gets marked, giving the way to move to the next control by pressing Tab and passing the checkup. What's wron...

criteria based on a form
i have a field and i enter the following criteria: like [forms]![formname]![fieldname] , but i get no data. if for example i enter in my form test i want the query to return data that start with the word test (i.e. test*). how can i solve this problem? [forms]![formname]![fieldname] & * -- Jerry Whittle, Microsoft Access MVP Light. Strong. Cheap. Pick two. Keith Bontrager - Bicycle Builder. "angie" wrote: > i have a field and i enter the following criteria: like > [forms]![formname]![fieldname] , but i get no data. > if for example i enter in my form test i wan...

Form after Form after...
I have a mainform with a subform1 with a subform2 with a subform3. I need subform3 to refer to formdate on subform2. I've tried =[forms]![mainform]![subform1].[form]![subform2].[form]![formdate] =Forms!Mainform!Subform1.Form!Subform2.Form.formdate =Me.Parent!RecordSource =Me.Parent.Parent!RecordSource I can't get anything to work. Can someone tell me what I'm doing wrong. On Tue, 23 Feb 2010 21:45:01 -0800, PeterM <PeterM@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: What I do is I "publish" the value from subform1 onto the parent, so subform(i) can pick ...

Substitute null on a form
I have a form "frmRepairerTotals" - based on a query "qryRepairerTotals" which has two fields :- Repairer1 (text) and RepTotal (GroupBy Sum). This query is based on a union query "qryRepairAmounts" which has the following SQL statement :- SELECT Repairer1, IIF(Repairer2 Is Null, [Total], [Total]/2) As Reptotal FROM [JobDetails Query] UNION ALL SELECT Repairer2 As Repairer1, ([Total]/2) As RepTotal FROM [JobDetails Query] WHERE Repairer2 Is Not Null; Repairer1 can be null, and at present shows that way in my form. I would like if possible to have a value of &...

Invalid procedure call or argument?
Hello All This is a re-post of a problem I posted a while ago, but to which I got no suggestions: hopefully I'll be more lucky this time!? I have the following code in a Private Sub: If InStr([ResponseXML], "element") > 0 Then errorfield = "Invalid " & Mid([ResponseXML], InStr([ResponseXML], "element"), InStr(InStr(InStr([ResponseXML], "element"), [ResponseXML], "'") + 1, [ResponseXML], "'") - InStr([ResponseXML], "element") + 1) Else .... Most of the time this works fine, but for some...

Open forms based on criteria
Hi I have 3 forms "Work_in_progress", "Installations" and Warranty". Form "Work_in_progress" is a continuous form that displays uncompleted work, each line has a control "Update" when pressed it opens form "Installations" which until recently was fine. We have now secured a contract to carryout warranty repairs, which requires a different form to be completed ("Warranty"). The 3 forms has "Tbl_Customers" as their control source which has a field "Job_Type" this would contain the following d...

Where to call SetWindowPos
In my SDI, can I place the following in CMainFrame::OnCreate( )? Or is there a better place? // ensure window opens on top when called by other applications, esp. the installer SetWindowPos(&wndTopMost, 0, 0, 0, 0, SWP_NOMOVE | SWP_NOSIZE); Note that wndTopMost really means it is always on top and can never have another app come on top of it. So wndTopMost is often a poor choice. SetWindowPos would not be the best choice here; SetForegroundWindow would be better. joe On Sat, 11 Aug 2007 17:04:00 -0400, "SteveR" <srussell@removethisinnernet.net> wrote: >...

application defined or object defined error on form
I have 2 forms. My main form which has a button to open another form(search form) and be able to select the customer that is to be viewed. I actually didn't create this form, a co-worker did and they are new to it. Well they renamed the form, table etc. It looks as if everything is changed correctly but for some reason my search form is erroring out. Not sure if it's because of the name change or something else. This selection worked before until this name change. So, On my search form, you can select a customer and click on the select button, which has this logic: varID = M...

Unable to get DxgkDdiRecommendFunctionalVidPn call in windows 7
I am trying to add an initial vidpn topology by implementing the DxgkDdiRecommendFunctionalVidPn call in the WDDM miniport driver. But starting from windows 7 i am unable to get the DxgkDdiRecommendFunctionalVidPn function call from dxgkrnl.After searching through the MSDN documentation i found out that the function is deprecated starting from windows 7. msdn link: http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ee220395.aspx According to msdn "On a computer running Windows 7, the display mode manager (DMM) determines an appropriate VidPN topology to apply using VidPN history d...

Call out to detect attaching files
Hi All, Is there a method to write a callout to detect file uploads. i knoe that when i file is uploading it's going to annotation entity. i have written preupdate and postupdate methods to track this. but when i add a file the event doesn't get fired and doesn't indicate the changes. later if i do a change to the note then i'm able to see the changes. can anyone tell me the reason... Thanks, Charith On Aug 7, 2:34 am, Charith <Char...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > Hi All, > > Is there a method to write a callout to detect file uploads. i knoe tha...

World Wide Calling! Unlimited Incoming Calls.
New virtual access anywhere technology lets you call anyone, anywhere in the world, from any phone! Access: http://pt.telextreme.com/743499 ...

Need to dynamically re-center a form
Hi everyone, I have an Access form which I'm dynamically sizing based on the number of entries in a list box. Simple code to dynamically re-center it doesn't quite seem to be working as I would expect (AutoCenter is on, then simply move form up by half the difference of height change). I realize that algorithm won't be perfect, due to things like title bar height, but I would've thought it would be close enough. Instead, with large numbers of entries in the list box, my form goes WAY above the top of the Access "work area" (i.e., the usable display area aft...

Display Name of Field from 1 form in an unbound box on another for
I have 2 forms, 1 that is used to enter data and 1 that is a giant number pad. If a person double clicks in one of the fields on the data entry form it will open the number pad form and they can use the number pad to enter the data. This process works great. However, I want to have an unbound box at the top of the number pad form that shows which field has the focus on the data entry form. Any ideas? Thanks in advance. Easy. Get the name of the field when the user clicks the control. If the control name is the same as the field name, that's easy. Otherwise you can s...