Calling exe from MFC application and storing out in buffer for further processing.

Dear All,
I m developing a application in which i need to call a exe whose
results/output, i wanna store in buffer for further processing. Please give
me the solution fo doing that.
Thanx in advance.

regards,
dinesh

vc.mfc 33608 articles. 0 followers. Follow

spawn, createprocess, system, winexec, etc.

"Dinesh" <dinesh@netplexusindia.com> wrote in message
> Dear All,
> I m developing a application in which i need to call a exe whose
> results/output, i wanna store in buffer for further processing. Please
give
> me the solution fo doing that.
> Thanx in advance.
>
> regards,
> dinesh

0
river.ross (102)

Call in?
Do new owners of Office X have to call up Microsoft to register their copy? If yes, what's the number? thanks. Ming <asdf@asdf.com> wrote: > Do new owners of Office X have to call up Microsoft to register their > copy? If yes, what's the number? thanks. Nope. We're not using Windoze :->>> This version does not require activation. Corentin -- - Mac:MS MVP (Francophone) - (MS) MVP: http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?ln=FR&scid=fh;FR;mvp Newsgroups produits MS: http://support.microsoft.com/newsgroups/?ln=FR ...

Server Error in '/' Application. 01-16-06
Hi There; We upgraded our CRM from 1.2 to version 3.0 today,we now get the below error when attempting to connect to CRM. The server is a Windows 2003 SP1 with SQL2000 SP4. Your comments would be appreciated. :) Server Error in '/' Application. -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Access is denied Description: An unhandled exception occurred during the execution of the current web request. Please review the stack trace for more information about the error and where it originated in the code. Exception Details: System.ComponentModel...

2003 store requirements on specialized servers
I have seen bits and pieces of best practices as it relates to the usage of mailbox and public folder stores but wanted to ask here to get more advice. I have a server that will hold only public folders, a server that will act as a bridgehead and internet connector, and a number of mailbox only servers. My questions are: 1. Should I delete the publc folder stores from all but the primary and secondary specialized servers? What is the impact to free/busy etc. As long as the public folder server is specified for each mailbox store is there any reason to hold local copies of the public fold...

Another application trying to access Address book!
Whe I go to send a new mesage in Outlook (XP w/all the latest patches and service packs) a notification screen comes up and says that anther application is trying to access my address book. It gives me the option to stop or allow for various amounts of time. I have a current version of Anti virus on my PC and it come back clean when I do a scan. This seem to start after I installed Adobe Acrobat. Soes anybody have any info on this. Or is there a way to find out what application is trying to access the address book. Do you have Word as the default email editor in Outlook? If so you ca...

Covered Call Options
Hello all, I do I go about dealing with a covered call transaction in Microsoft Money 2007 Premium? Currently what I am doing is inputing the option symbol, and choosing the transaction "Sell to Open" then when I go to expire the option I try to do a Sell to Close. However it does not seem to work? Also what happens if instead of expired I has the position assigned? how would I account for that? Thank you. Shhhh In microsoft.public.money, Shhhh wrote: > >I do I go about dealing with a covered call transaction in Microsoft >Money 2007 Premium? Currently what I am doing is...

Call center tracking and reporting
Anyone use CRM 4.0 for call tracking? Our Sales/Marketing is set up. Now I need to decide how to most efficiently customize CRM 4.0 for our company's call tracking portion. Can someone send me a link to information? thanks ...

Starting a "command line" .exe program from within an excel spreadsheet
Is there a way to link an external .exe file to a button on a worksheet. I have a fortran program, which carries out a set of analyses, that I would like to be able to call from a worksheet. Many thanks Richard Richard, Attach a macro to the button, along the lines of Sub RunDOSProgram() Dim myProgram As String myProgram = "C:\Program Files\BlahBlah.EXE -s" TaskID = Shell(myProgram, 1) End Sub I don't have any old DOS execeutables to test, so..... HTH, Bernie MS Excel MVP "kilter" <richard.pitman3@btopenworld.com> wrote in message news:1180955654.898401...

Echange 2003 Information Store DB
Wanted to see if my functional concept is correct about the way Exchange handles free space. In a hypethetical info store DB say of 50G in size, an admin deleltes a series of old mailboxes which amount to about 8Gs. Even though you delete and purge the mailboxes the overall size of the store does not decrease. For this to occurr you need to run eseutil.exe /d. If you don't then the free space is there but just not release to the OS for use; exchange owns it and will use it as it needs more free space before taking more additional space from outside the Store. Is this functional...

telephone calls
when placing a telephone call using outlook, everything works fine except I can't hear the person i am talking to. They can hear me find. When I use a telephone program not associated with outlook every thing works great. can someone help ...

Closing Excel 2000 from VB (Unwanted process EXCEL.EXE)
I have an Access database - it uses the following code to open Excel Public Sub OpenXlSheet(strReportName As String) ' Check if excel is open, close it if it is If AppInUse("xlmain") <> 0 Then Dim objExcel As Excel.Application Set objExcel = GetObject(, "Excel.Application") objExcel.Quit Set objExcel = Nothing Do While AppInUse("xlmain") <> 0 Loop End If 'open a fresh excel application and load strReportName Set objExcel = CreateObject("Excel.Application") objExcel.Appl...

Calling Macro
Hi All, I have macro like this sub unique() '''''''' '''''''' Counter_item = 0 For Each Item In nodups counter_item = counter_item + 1 bic_var = Item Call Ps_Match Next Item end sub I have another macro Sub Ps_Match() ''''' ''''' If counter_item <= 1 Then call another_macro() end if end sub In the first macro i am declaring counter_item equals to 1. In my second macro i need to call that number. At the to of the module put: Public Counter_I...

Workflow -Assembly Call
How does add subtract in the Workflow>> assembly call works. I do understand that ypu can write your own custom workflows, register it and then call them from here, but I am pretty confused with the existing functionality. workflows can call other workflows workflows can also call a method in a .net assembly. ie you could write a piece of code in c# or vb.net and then have the workflow call your code. ======================= John O'Donnell Microsoft CRM MVP http://codegallery.gotdotnet.com/crm "SAM" <SAM@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:DE...

outlook process runs after closing outlook
I have Outlook XP running on Windows XP. After closing Outlook churns the hard drive for several minutes. Is there anyway I can determine what Outlook is doing and configure it so it doesn't keep me from shutting windows down? I already looked in Addons manaager and COM addons but there is nothing listed there. It's almost like its compressing or archiving something but archiving is turned on to only run once every week. Thanks for any suggestion on this. Michael ...

Deleting mailbox store containing System Attendant mailbox
I've got an Exchange2000 installation where I need to delete a Mailbox store but the store contains the system attendant mailbox. I can not find any info on how to move this mailbox to another mailbox store. Any help would be appreciated. ...

Private store has 4GB of mail and its size is 16GB!?
Anyone know why would a Exchange 2000 SE that has 4GB of mail on it have 16GB priv1.edb private store? It had bad backups and a lot of logs - we fixed backup on it and the logs cleared - is now the only way to recover space in the database to do offline defrag (online defrag did not do much at all)??? Thanks! -- Dejan Ristic yes...only way to recover disk space is to perform an offline defrag...before you do that, check for event ID 1221 in your event log to find out how much space you can expect to recover...and before you do the defrag, ensure you have a good full online backup... ...

looking for user in a home furnishing store
I have a prospect running a home furnishings store who would like to speak with someone using RMS in a similar type store (sofas, chairs, tables, lighting, and associated decor) My prospect is in Wellesley, MA. How can I find a local user, or at least a similar user that my prospect can talk with? -- FRB I am using rms for out door furniture tables chairs and more what are you looking for what can i do to help "FRB" wrote: > I have a prospect running a home furnishings store who would like to speak > with someone using RMS in a similar type store (sofas, chairs, tab...

determining mfc file dependencies
I have an old (mfc 4.2, built with msvc 6.0) activex application created with MFC. Can someone please tell me how I determine what file dependencies are necessary with this thing? I used to merely package it up without any mfc dlls......but, now I need to as whatever dlls this thing is dependent upon are not present in many newer systems! Thanks, Ike "Ike" <rxv@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:sHxKd.295$cl1.254@newsread3.news.pas.earthlink.net... >I have an old (mfc 4.2, built with msvc 6.0) activex application created > with MFC. Can someone please tell me how I de...

Government Applications One Focus of XML 2004
XML 2004 to Focus on Government XML Applications Expanded Government Track to Highlight XML Applications in U.S. and Abroad; XML.gov, KM.gov, CIO Council, and SICoP to Co-Host Event Alexandria, Va. – Oct. 6, 2004 – IDEAlliance, a leading industry association dedicated to fostering XML and other information technology standards, today announced that XML Conference and Exposition 2004 will feature a full track of presentations and topics focused on government-related XML applications and solutions. XML 2004 is slated for Nov. 15-19 at the Marriott Wardman Park Hotel in Washington, D.C. Ma...

Async calls to WebService in MFC
Hey guys, I use a webservice over the net which is scripted in VB.Net. This web service receives a username and a password and returns a string structure with multiples infos. If the string is empty, I had the wrong username and/or password. Pretty simple isn't? Ok now the problem is a bit more complex. I'm using an MFC client to connect to these web services, and since they're on the internet, there's a delay between sending the data and receiving an answer. I don't know really how I can tell me client to "wait for the string". The wrapper MFC created for the w...

Invalid procedure call or argument?
Hello All This is a re-post of a problem I posted a while ago, but to which I got no suggestions: hopefully I'll be more lucky this time!? I have the following code in a Private Sub: If InStr([ResponseXML], "element") > 0 Then errorfield = "Invalid " & Mid([ResponseXML], InStr([ResponseXML], "element"), InStr(InStr(InStr([ResponseXML], "element"), [ResponseXML], "'") + 1, [ResponseXML], "'") - InStr([ResponseXML], "element") + 1) Else .... Most of the time this works fine, but for some...

graph9.exe error message in publisher graph editing
I have rebooted ... recopied Graph 9 ... tried new files...but every time I try to modify a graph in publisher I get this message. "instruction at "ox77f58267" referenced memory at "oxffffffff8". The memory could not be "read". Click OK to Terminate. Can you help?? Please? This error is indicative of a driver issue. In your case it probably is the video driver. Go to the manufacturer's web site and look around for an updated driver. -- Mary Sauer MS MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://www.msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "adv...

MFC #2
hello This is a re-post, since none responded to it. I have automated power point from VC++ .I could save the ppt files to gif. presentation.Export("D:\\test","gif",100,100); But the gif files are named slide1, slide 2, slide3 etc. I want them to named with slide title. From the power point news group i got some VB code. But I couldn't find the appropriate function in VC++. To obtain the title in a variable sTitle they said use the VB code oSlide.Shapes.Title.TextFrame.TextRange.Text But i couldn't find the appropriate functions in VC++. priya C does...

Unable to get DxgkDdiRecommendFunctionalVidPn call in windows 7
I am trying to add an initial vidpn topology by implementing the DxgkDdiRecommendFunctionalVidPn call in the WDDM miniport driver. But starting from windows 7 i am unable to get the DxgkDdiRecommendFunctionalVidPn function call from dxgkrnl.After searching through the MSDN documentation i found out that the function is deprecated starting from windows 7. msdn link: http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ee220395.aspx According to msdn "On a computer running Windows 7, the display mode manager (DMM) determines an appropriate VidPN topology to apply using VidPN history d...

application defined or object defined error on form
I have 2 forms. My main form which has a button to open another form(search form) and be able to select the customer that is to be viewed. I actually didn't create this form, a co-worker did and they are new to it. Well they renamed the form, table etc. It looks as if everything is changed correctly but for some reason my search form is erroring out. Not sure if it's because of the name change or something else. This selection worked before until this name change. So, On my search form, you can select a customer and click on the select button, which has this logic: varID = M...

The query could not be processed: Error opening data file
Using Excel 2003. Create a chart and have saved it as a web page and published to a remote share. When I save it locally, it works fine and is interactive,etc.. When I save it remotely and open the htm file in a web browser, it opens like the charting area but the data is not present. Gives error below in the pivot table that appears. Getting error The query could not be processed: o Error opening data file "file://\\remoteserver01\hassan\numbers_files\Numbers_Jan24_12558_cachedata001.xml". Any idea how to fix it ? I want others to access it remotely. Thanks Trying other...