CACLS command for cmd.exe?

I nee help with the cacls command.
I can lock a file but cannot unlock a file?
Or do you have to be the admin to unlock a file?

0
hurdevan (7)
1/23/2007 3:17:44 AM
vc.mfc 33608 articles. 0 followers. Follow

VBA
Hi there, I have created a user form in vba that someone would fill in variou text boxes. What i now want is the info to be summarised in excel. The userform is held in sheet 1, so the idea is the user would inpu the information in the text boxes and then click the command button an the text boxes information would be copied to indiviual cells i. textbox1 to a1 on sheet 1. I have tried by running a macro in excel to see the vb code but tha does not work for a vba form. If anyone needs the file let me know and i will attach it :cool -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com Add ...

Macro command not running in excel 2007
Hi, My name is Nabil and i work for Hewlett Packard Middle East.. I have created an excel file where i have made lot of formulas on excel 2003.. i have added a macro command as well to insert a row and inherit the formulas from the above row.. that worked fine on Excel 2003.. Now after i have refreshed my PC to Vista with Office 2007.. the Macro command (InsetRowAndFillFormulas)is not running anymore although i have enabled it from the Settings.. the command doesn't seem to work anymore on Excel 2007.. I need the command and i need to enable the Macro settings If more...

Using the Find Command with a Command Button
Greetings, I have a form with numerous fields that I am wanting to use the "Find" command on. What I am wanting to do is use a command button on the form labeled "Search". Whenever the user presses the Search button, I would like the "Find" command to be executed for whatever field the cursor is currently in. For instance, if the cursor is resting in the "First Name" field, then when the user presses the "Search" button I would like the "Find and Replace" dialog to appear so that they can't enter in a first name to searc...

FileFormatConverts.exe stopped working
I have been using the converter without problem for docx. to .doc. It has stopped working - no changes to my system to explain. I am using MS Office SP3. Convert documents from Outlook Express 6. It now opens Word, the "Convert File" dialogue box appears, choose "Word 2007 Document", it says "word is converting ...", and "MSWord: There was an error opening the file". Not exactly helpful. Went to Add/Remove Programs, chose "repair". Rebooted computer. Opened msg in mail again and same error msg. Uninstalled Converter prog...

When right clicking the body of an HTML e-mail, and selecting the "View Source" option, nothing happens anymore. Notepad used to open so I could report the HTML code to SPAMCOP. Detect & Repair does not correct the problem >-----Original Message----- >When right clicking the body of an HTML e-mail, and >selecting the "View Source" option, nothing happens >anymore. Notepad used to open so I could report the HTML >code to SPAMCOP. Detect & Repair does not correct the >problem >. >By the way. I'm using Outlook 2002 and Window...

scancal.exe
Anyone know of an article that says to call MS PSS to obtain SCANCAL.exe? I have heard about this tool but can't find any informatio on it. Thanks! Turns out the MS no longer distributes this software because it had some problems. "Megan Kielman" <megan.kielman@(removethis)weyerhaeuser.com> wrote in message news:##$vZ#hUEHA.1472@TK2MSFTNGP09.phx.gbl... > Anyone know of an article that says to call MS PSS to obtain SCANCAL.exe? I > have heard about this tool but can't find any informatio on it. > > Thanks! > > ...

Command Button disappears from worksheet
I copied an excel workbook that had command buttons on the worksheets to a co-worker's computer. I transferred the file on a jump drive (also tried emailing it using Novell Groupwise). When the co-worker opened the workbook, the buttons momentarily displayed, them disappeared. Is there some option that needs to be set in Excel for the buttons to show. I created the buttons using the control box toolbar. Is there a difference between that and the controls on the Forms toolbar? -- SLB ...

Sending a file to a remote computer using command prompt
I need help on how i can send a file to a remote computer using command prompt? Thanks Evan > I need help on how i can send a file to a remote computer using command > prompt? > FTP? --- Ajay Define "remote computer". On your same LAN? Generically over the Internet? joe On 12 Jan 2007 14:41:37 -0800, "Evan" <hurdevan@gmail.com> wrote: >I need help on how i can send a file to a remote computer using command >prompt? > >Thanks > >Evan Joseph M. Newcomer [MVP] email: newcomer@flounder.com Web: http://www.flounder.com MVP Tips: ...

LDAP Commands
Can someone point me to where there are some useful ldap commands to use when in Exchange doing a custom query. Recently I used the proxyaddresses=smtp: that worked great for what I needed. What other commands are there? tks, Jim http://www.exchangeinbox.com/articles/037/part1_ldifde_csvde.htm -- Alexander Zammit WinDeveloper Software IMF Tune - Unleash the Full Intelligent Message Filter Power http://www.windeveloper.com/imftune/ "Jim" <Jim@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:758B6F0B-290C-4489-B0B1-92336EA0C371@microsoft.com... > Can someone point me t...

NetStat command
Hello, Does anyone know where we can find some sample source code that implements the network command "netstat" on Windows NT? Hopefully, the source code is free. But, we will pay for the source code if necessary. Our development environment is VC++6.0 SP5 on Windows NT. Thanks, Jacques Hello Jacques, Thanks for posting in the group. I don't think there is any source code of this command. The command should use a lot of SDK functions. Which type of information do you need? Here I am glad to introduce some useful links for your reference: http://www.codeguru.com/intern...

Duplicate Record command
I am using the duplicate record command and it works except for the 2 linked fields in the form. It fills in all other values and then won't even let you edit the linked fields so that the record will save. Please help. ...

[Q] Command Line Switch for Outlook to specify profile....
G'Day, - I have 2 outlook profiles on the same computer - I dont want to log in to the same one each time - I would like to create a 2 shortcuts - one for each profile - So is it possible to supply a command line paramater to Outlook to specify the profile? TIA --Donovan The switch you want is /profile <profile name> -- Sue Mosher, Outlook MVP Author of Microsoft Outlook Programming - Jumpstart for Administrators, Power Users, and Developers http://www.outlookcode.com/jumpstart.aspx "Donovan J. Edye" <donovan@edye.wattle.id.au> wrote in message ...

Setting up Hyperlink command in Outlook
I do not have the option of setting up a hyperlink in Outlook. How is this turned on? Also one of the user's on our Network has this option but when he uses it, (to map to a folder on our network) and then sends the link to someone else here on our network it does not show up as a link. The link created will show up as this: for example <J:\maintenace\mechanic> ...

What do the LEN and -find commands do in Excel?
Can you tell me what these commands are and when you would use them? Thanks in advance. hi len counts the number of characters in a cell inclunding punctuation like commas, periods etc. find returns the numeric position of a character within a text in a cell (or number) from the left. regards FSt1 "falcios" wrote: > Can you tell me what these commands are and when you would use them? > > Thanks in advance. ...

Command Bar ID
I'm setting up Office 2003 on a server farm and cleaning things up with Group Policies. All the other programs in GP have a "disable command bar ID" function but publisher. I can run a macro to display the ID in publisher but don't know how to shut it off. Any thoughts? ...

sql cmd exporting value of checkbox into another checkbox
I have some code elsewhere on my db that i use to export some values from one table into one that isn't loaded on the form, and I need to do a similar technique elsewhere. However, I need to export the value of a checkbox on the form, to the related "nBookingID" checkbox in the table. this is the working code for adding a new booking and entering in the nDayBookingID for future reference If Check135.Value = -1 And DCount("*", "tbl_TRA_DAYComplete", "[nDayBookingID] =" & Me.anDayBookingID) = 0 Then sql = "" sql = sql & &quo...

Store.exe not finding something in c:\winnt\temp
hi, Using filemon from sysinternal I noticed store.exe is constantly looking for something in c:\wintnt\temp. filemon log... 11:30:22 store.exe:3400 OPEN C:\WINNT\TEMP\ SUCCESS Options: Open Directory Access: All 11:30:22 store.exe:3400 DIRECTORY C:\WINNT\TEMP\ NO SUCH FILE FileBothDirectoryInformation: {7D9AFF09-78F9-490D-9C99-11707E47BDCC}WIN32READ.dat 11:30:22 store.exe:3400 CLOSE C:\WINNT\TEMP\ SUCCESS I have shutdown Exchange Information Store and deleted lb*.tmp (see http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;328583) but on start up two lb*.tmp files were created. Some go...

command
I need to put allusers email addresses to a text file can any one help with a command to achieve this goal? Thanks Mikeolo "mikeolo" <afaras@netzero.net> wrote: >I need to put allusers email addresses to a text file can >any one help with a command to achieve this goal? Thanks >Mikeolo I think if you want it into a text file then you'll need something like Mail Essentials sat in front of the Exchange. Do you actually need a text file or would journaling the messages into a separate mailbox be better? Mark Arnold MCSA MCSE+M MVP, FAQ: http://www.swinc.com/res...

Not enough server storage is available to process this command
I have Exchange 2000 and have enabled journaling to another mailbox. This journal mailbox has about 850,000 messages in it currently. I tried to log in to this mailbox the other day with Outlook Express 6 (tried both POP3 and IMAP) and it did not work. It reported an error back saying: "Not enough server storage is available to process this command" There is loads of server storage available. Is there a mailbox limit where Outlook Express can't access it? or is there another problem? Thanks. "Stephen Aldous" <steve@stephenaldous.com> wrote in message news:4...

Disable Clear DContents command in excel
Is there a way to disable the "Clear Contents" option when right clicking on a cell. Basically I have spreadsheet which has lots of data validations and formulas so the worksheets are protected. Each row of data represnts information about a specific project. The sheet protection does not allow users to delete rows or columns, but conetnets can be cleared leaving blank cells. I do not want users to have the ability to clear contents of cells once data has been entered. Yes they can click the cell and manually override the information eg if a date changes etc, but I d...

waiting for rcpt command
I get this error message when trying to send via an external mail server, I can receive pop mail and I can telnet to the smtp server Thanks Vanguard, this could be an Outlook problem as well. I recently got logs from someone whose mail server was returning a 450 (temporary) error to all RCPT TOs, which appeared to be related to some recipient-validation database being down. Outlook apparently (a surprise to me) doesn't recognize that a 450 error means we can't deliver to the recipient, and even though *all* recipients were rejected it went ahead and issued DATA. In that case, th...

password for command button?
Is there a way to code a command button in its on click event that will prompt the user to enter a password to perform the command button's operation? Thank you. -Debbie On Jan 4, 11:34 am, Debbie S. <Debb...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > Is there a way to code a command button in its on click event that will > prompt the user to enter a password to perform the command button's > operation? > > Thank you. > > -Debbie Yes, but you'll need to delve into VBA. Attach a click event to the button and in the code: Public Function Button1_Click() ...

Passing an argument from a query to a command
I am trying to send a report using an email address in a DB. I wrote the following code for it. Private Sub Reminder_Letter_Command_Click() On Error GoTo Err_Reminder_Letter_Command_Click Dim stDocName As String Dim SendTO As String stDocName = "BG Reminder Letter" RunQuery MsgBox "This is After RunQuery " & SendTO SendTO = [Queries]![BG email only from email from ae code].EmailAddress MsgBox "This is SendTO 2 Value ==== " & SendTO DoCmd.OpenReport stDocName, acViewNormal DoCmd.SendObject acSend...

Try to use caspol but this command doesn't work
Hi! I try to set a security policy so the runtime interpret the assembly to being run in code group Internet_zone but this command has some syntax error that I can't see what it is ? caspol -ag 1 -url file:///C:/test/* Internet -n InternetTest -exclusive on //Tony "Tony Johansson" <johansson.andersson@telia.com> wrote in message news:%23wkIB6N%23KHA.3176@TK2MSFTNGP05.phx.gbl... > I try to set a security policy so the runtime interpret the > assembly to being run in code group Internet_zone but this command has > some > syntax error that I...

RptSvr32.exe and frxpdfsvr.exe
FRX Report Server RptSvr32.exe and the process frxpdfsvr.exe should run as a service. It should not require that server consoles are left logged in for it to run. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and then click "I Agree" in the message pane. http://www.microsoft.com/Businesssolutions/Community/N...