c++ recursive class

Hello everyone!!!

I'd need a little hint on this little question:

I have a xml file I want to navigate and I have a library to process
it. But I want also to manage that file as an object to make clear and
efficient code.
So I coded two class which one is like recursive as like as in this
example:

class B : public xmlnode
{
public:
      B(xmlnode* member);

      LPCSTR getattribute(....);
      void setattribute(....);

      xmlnode* Node(LPCSTR nodename,  LPCSTR attributenodename, LPCSTR
attributetosearch);
};

class A : public xmldocument
{
public:
        A(LPCSTR xmlfilename);

       xmlnode* Node(LPCSTR nodename,  LPCSTR attributenodename,
LPCSTR attributetosearch);
};

So I can do this:

A* xmlobject = new A(filenamexmlblahblah);
xmlobject->Node(....,....,...)->Node(...,...,...)->GetAttribute(...);

where next nodes are nodes inside a parent node...but I get this link
error:

error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol "public: class B *
__thiscall B::Node(....)" ....

what I could have missed?...
Even I'm just using a function that returns class node itself....

Thanks to everyone!
Ciao
Luigi
0
Luigino
12/21/2009 11:05:00 AM
vc.mfc 33608 articles. 0 followers. Follow

>where next nodes are nodes inside a parent node...but I get this link
>error:
>
>error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol "public: class B *
>__thiscall B::Node(....)" ....
>
>what I could have missed?...

You appear to have missed writing the B:Node method. You've got the
declaration of it in the header file, but no implementation.

Dave
0
David
12/21/2009 11:36:23 AM
On 21 Dic, 12:36, David Lowndes <Dav...@example.invalid> wrote:
> >where next nodes are nodes inside a parent node...but I get this link
> >error:
>
> >error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol "public: class B *
> >__thiscall B::Node(....)" ....
>
> >what I could have missed?...
>
> You appear to have missed writing the B:Node method. You've got the
> declaration of it in the header file, but no implementation.
>
> Dave

I implemented the function in the .cpp as:

xmlnode* xmlnode::Node(LPCSTR nodename,  LPCSTR attributenodename,
LPCSTR
attributetosearch)
{
}

but I still get that linker error....
0
Luigino
12/21/2009 11:45:53 AM
BTW I typed wrong....

code is this:

class B : public xmlnode
{
public:
B(xmlnode* member);

LPCSTR getattribute(....);
void setattribute(....);

B* Node(LPCSTR nodename, LPCSTR attributenodename, LPCSTR
attributetosearch);

};

class A : public xmldocument
{
public:
A(LPCSTR xmlfilename);

B* Node(LPCSTR nodename, LPCSTR attributenodename,
LPCSTR attributetosearch);

};

B* B::Node(LPCSTR nodename,  LPCSTR attributenodename,
LPCSTR
attributetosearch)
{

}

and I get that linker error...
0
Luigino
12/21/2009 12:04:16 PM
>and I get that linker error...

I can't immediately see what's wrong from what you've mentioned, but
clearly the linker is telling you that it can't link in the B::Node
method.

Dave
0
David
12/21/2009 12:17:07 PM
See below...
On Mon, 21 Dec 2009 03:05:00 -0800 (PST), Luigino <npuleio@rocketmail.com> wrote:

>Hello everyone!!!
>
>I'd need a little hint on this little question:
>
>I have a xml file I want to navigate and I have a library to process
>it. But I want also to manage that file as an object to make clear and
>efficient code.
>So I coded two class which one is like recursive as like as in this
>example:
>
>class B : public xmlnode
>{
>public:
>      B(xmlnode* member);
>
>      LPCSTR getattribute(....);
***
The use of LPCSTR seems a bit odd in an MFC program; CString would be better
****
>      void setattribute(....);
>
>      xmlnode* Node(LPCSTR nodename,  LPCSTR attributenodename, LPCSTR
>attributetosearch);
>};
>
>class A : public xmldocument
>{
>public:
>        A(LPCSTR xmlfilename);
>
>       xmlnode* Node(LPCSTR nodename,  LPCSTR attributenodename,
>LPCSTR attributetosearch);
>};
>
>So I can do this:
>
>A* xmlobject = new A(filenamexmlblahblah);
>xmlobject->Node(....,....,...)->Node(...,...,...)->GetAttribute(...);
>
>where next nodes are nodes inside a parent node...but I get this link
>error:
>
>error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol "public: class B *
>__thiscall B::Node(....)" ....
>
>what I could have missed?...
****
So did you define the Node() function?  You declared it, but did you actually put it in
the .cpp file?
****
>Even I'm just using a function that returns class node itself....
****
See above.  You probably didn't define it!
****

>Thanks to everyone!
>Ciao
>Luigi
Joseph M. Newcomer [MVP]
email: newcomer@flounder.com
Web: http://www.flounder.com
Joseph
12/21/2009 6:18:51 PM
On Mon, 21 Dec 2009 04:04:16 -0800 (PST), Luigino <npuleio@rocketmail.com> wrote:

>BTW I typed wrong....
>
>code is this:
>
>class B : public xmlnode
>{
>public:
>B(xmlnode* member);
>
>LPCSTR getattribute(....);
>void setattribute(....);
>
>B* Node(LPCSTR nodename, LPCSTR attributenodename, LPCSTR
>attributetosearch);
>
>};
>
>class A : public xmldocument
>{
>public:
>A(LPCSTR xmlfilename);
>
>B* Node(LPCSTR nodename, LPCSTR attributenodename,
>LPCSTR attributetosearch);
>
>};
>
>B* B::Node(LPCSTR nodename,  LPCSTR attributenodename,
>LPCSTR
>attributetosearch)
>{
>
>}
****
Why are  you declaring B* B::Node in A?  That doesn't seem to make sense.
			joe
***

>and I get that linker error...
Joseph M. Newcomer [MVP]
email: newcomer@flounder.com
Web: http://www.flounder.com
Joseph
12/21/2009 6:20:08 PM
HI Joe...

i'll explain better my situation: I have a XML file and I'm using
tinyxml to elaborate it... so I wanted just to navigate nodes and to
set/get attributes in this way:

MyDocument->Node(nodename, attributenodename, attributetosearch)->Node
(nodename, attributenodename, attributetosearch)->GetAttribute
(attributename);

so I created first class for the node MyNode:

class MyNode : public TiXmlNode
{
public:
        MyNode() { };

       LPCSTR GetAttribute( LPCSTR attributename) { blah blah blah
return LPCSTR;} ;
       void SetAttribute(LPCSTR attributename, LPCSTR attributevalue)
{blah blah blah };

       MyNode* Node( LPCSTR  nodename, LPCSTR attributenodename,
LPCSTR attributetosearch )
       { blah blah blah };
};

then I created second class for the document MyDocument so it would
already see MyNode:

class MyDocument : public TiXmlDocument
{
       MyDocument(LPCSTR filename) { blah blah blah };

       MyNode* Node( LPCSTR  nodename, LPCSTR attributenodename,
LPCSTR attributetosearch )
       { MyNode::Node(nodename, attributenodename,
attributetosearch); };
};

so each Node call would return a new node to navigate inside the node
itself...but looks like it doesn't compile correctly... How it should
be?...

Thanks
Ciao
Luigi
0
Luigino
12/22/2009 11:34:49 AM
Luigino wrote:
> HI Joe...
>
> i'll explain better my situation: I have a XML file and I'm using
> tinyxml to elaborate it... so I wanted just to navigate nodes and to
> set/get attributes in this way:
>
> MyDocument->Node(nodename, attributenodename, attributetosearch)->Node
> (nodename, attributenodename, attributetosearch)->GetAttribute
> (attributename);
>
> so I created first class for the node MyNode:
>
> class MyNode : public TiXmlNode
> {
> public:
>         MyNode() { };
>
>        LPCSTR GetAttribute( LPCSTR attributename) { blah blah blah
> return LPCSTR;} ;
>        void SetAttribute(LPCSTR attributename, LPCSTR attributevalue)
> {blah blah blah };
>
>        MyNode* Node( LPCSTR  nodename, LPCSTR attributenodename,
> LPCSTR attributetosearch )
>        { blah blah blah };
> };
>
> then I created second class for the document MyDocument so it would
> already see MyNode:
>
> class MyDocument : public TiXmlDocument
> {
>        MyDocument(LPCSTR filename) { blah blah blah };
>
>        MyNode* Node( LPCSTR  nodename, LPCSTR attributenodename,
> LPCSTR attributetosearch )
>        { MyNode::Node(nodename, attributenodename,
> attributetosearch); };
> };
>
> so each Node call would return a new node to navigate inside the node
> itself...but looks like it doesn't compile correctly... How it should
> be?...

In class MyDocument you have

MyNode* Node( LPCSTR  nodename, LPCSTR attributenodename,
LPCSTR attributetosearch )
{
  MyNode::Node(nodename, attributenodename, attributetosearch);
}

Firstly, there is no return quantity in your definition. Secondly, you are
calling a non-static method of Node without an object.

In future, if you are having linker errors, it would be good if you could post
actual code that compiles.

--
David Wilkinson
Visual C++ MVP

#include "tinyxml/tinyxml.h"

class documentTinyNode : public TiXmlNode
{
public:
        documentTinyNode();  // CTOR object TiXmlNode
        ~documentTinyNode() { };

        LPCSTR GetAttribute( LPCSTR attributename ) { return ToElement
()->Attribute( attributename ); }   // function class returns
attribute
        void SetAttribute( LPCSTR attributename, LPCSTR
attributevalue ) { ToElement()->SetAttribute( attributename,
attributevalue ); }   // function class sets attribute

        documentTinyNode* Node( LPCSTR nodename, LPCSTR
attributenodename, LPCSTR attributetosearch ) // function class
returns new node
        {
                FirstChild(nodename);
                LPCSTR currentnodename =3D ToElement()->Attribute
(attributenodename);

                while ( (currentnodename !=3D NULL) && (strcmp
(currentnodename, attributetosearch) !=3D 0) ) {
                        IterateChildren(nodename , this);
                        currentnodename =3D ToElement()->Attribute
(attributenodename);
                }
                return ( (currentnodename !=3D NULL) ? this : NULL );
        }
};

class documentTinyXML : public TiXmlDocument
{
public:
        documentTinyXML( LPCSTR xmlfilename ); // CTOR object
TiXmlDocument
        ~documentTinyXML() { };

        documentTinyNode* Node( LPCSTR nodename, LPCSTR
attributenodename, LPCSTR attributetosearch )  // function returns
object class TiXmlNode
        {
                documentTinyNode::Node(nodename, attributenodename,
attributetosearch);
        }); // function returns object class TiXmlNode
};

indeed in .CPP file I put:

documentTinyXML::documentTinyXML( LPCSTR xmlfilename )
{
        if (!LoadFile( xmlfilename ))
                AfxGetMainWnd()->MessageBox(_T("Error! Can't load xml
configuration file!\nIt could be not present or broken."), _T("MFC
Analyzer GUI"), MB_ICONSTOP | MB_OK);
}

void Ctest_tinyxmlDlg::OnBnClickedButton1()
{
        //<?xml version=3D"1.0" ?>
        //<analyzer>
        //      <module name=3D"system-manager">
        //              <sentence header=3D"enableModules">
        //                      <row-info name=3D"system-manager"
value=3D"1" />
        //                      <row-info name=3D"input-manager"
value=3D"1" />
        //                      <row-info name=3D"output-manager"
value=3D"1" />
        //              </sentence>
        //      </module>
        //      <module name=3D"input-manager">
        //              <sentence header=3D"output-type">
        //                      <row-info name=3D"out" value=3D"1"
description=3D"whatever-it-is" />
        //              </sentence>
        //      </module>
        //      <module name=3D"output-manager">
        //              <sentence header=3D"output-type">
        //                      <row-info name=3D"out" value=3D"1"
description=3D"whatever-it-is" />
        //              </sentence>
        //      </module>
        //</analyzer>

        documentTinyXML* xmldocument =3D new documentTinyXML
( "example.xml" );
        LPCSTR pValue =3D xmldocument->Node("module","name","system-
manager")->Node("sentence","header","enableModules")->Node("row-
info","name","system-manager")->GetAttribute("value");
        GetDlgItem(IDC_EDIT1)->SetWindowText( (LPCTSTR)pValue );
}

As you can see I=92d like to start from TiXmlDocument=92s type member
variable, getting deeper nodes to decide where to navigate since I
could have same sentences in different sublevels=85 how I could do
that?...

Thanks
ciao
Luigi
0
Luigino
12/22/2009 3:55:41 PM
I haven't looked at tinyxml, but most versions of xml have a generic node type, and any
"meaning" is extracted from the tag.  That is, if I have a node
	<tag:node1>
then I ask "what is your tag, what is your type?" and then I can set and get attributes
for that type of node.  So there is only one type of generic node.
				joe

On Tue, 22 Dec 2009 07:55:41 -0800 (PST), Luigino <npuleio@rocketmail.com> wrote:

> [...]
>        //      <module name="output-manager">
>        //              <sentence header="output-type">
>        //                      <row-info name="out" value="1"
>description="whatever-it-is" />
>        //              </sentence>
>        //      </module>
>        //</analyzer>
>
>        documentTinyXML* xmldocument = new documentTinyXML
>( "example.xml" );
>        LPCSTR pValue = xmldocument->Node("module","name","system-
>manager")->Node("sentence","header","enableModules")->Node("row-
>info","name","system-manager")->GetAttribute("value");
>        GetDlgItem(IDC_EDIT1)->SetWindowText( (LPCTSTR)pValue );
>}
>
>As you can see I�d like to start from TiXmlDocument�s type member
>variable, getting deeper nodes to decide where to navigate since I
>could have same sentences in different sublevels� how I could do

Asynchronous http class library
Does there exist an OO class library for HTTP with non-blocking support? The one that works w/CInternetSession is defunct, and correct me if I'm wrong, but it seems the WinInet API needs to allocate a static function as the callback. From what I can tell, this means the callback has to use the handle it gets to search throughout the entire app for the relevant socket. I could fall back on the CAsyncSocket, but I'd have to implement my own HTTP. Please don't make me write the HTTP routines from scratch. ...

How to build a project in Visual C++.net developed in Visual C++ 6
Hi, I am Nageshwar. I have developed a project in VC++ 6.0 and OpenGL. I have installed VC++.net in my system. When I compile and build the same code in VC++.net environment, I am getting errors. I have used fstream.h to read and write to files. But this header file is showing errors in VC++.net. I have used iostrea.h header. This is also showing erros. I think I need to use a different version of headers. Please suggest me how to recover from these errors. Which header file I have use instead of fstream.h header? etc., Thanks for all who help me.. Awaiting an early response, Nageshwar ...

Just a class assigment
My favorite feature of Windows Vista is the fact that everything is updated and it has interesting things like the Areo experience. I enjoy using Windows Vista. From: "CSTS" <i1405316@cisnet.laredo.edu> | My favorite feature of Windows Vista is the fact that everything is updated | and it has interesting things like the Areo experience. I enjoy using | Windows Vista. Must be a kindergarten assignment based upon that text! -- Dave http://www.claymania.com/removal-trojan-adware.html Multi-AV - http://www.pctipp.ch/downloads/dl/35905.asp "...

C: Drive documents and setting expansion
Whenever I, Right Click Start then click "Explore", I get an expansion of the my user ID folders. Now, I rarely us "Documents and Settings" and would like to have it expand differently. What do I need to change so that can happen?? Thanks.. Bruce A. Julseth wrote: > Whenever I, Right Click Start then click "Explore", I get an > expansion of the my user ID folders. Now, I rarely us "Documents and > Settings" and would like to have it expand differently. > > What do I need to change so that can happen?? 1. You could ...

Create timeline for 2500 B.C. to 100 B.C.?
Visio only allows me to create timeline for after 1900 AD. Can I use Visio to create a timeline for 2500 BC to 100 BC? Visio's Divided timeline has exactly what I need except I can not enter BC as the start and end time. And Visio always require end time to be greater than the start time. Any suggestion on how I can do this in Visio? You're not going to be able to use the timeline because the code is linked to the system clock (only goes back to 1900). You'll have to use the vanilla shapes that come with visio. Al "Little Black Sheep" <Little Bl...

Visual C++ to read Strings from Serial Port
Hi. I'm doing a project using Visual C++ to read data from Serial Port. My program needs to do *something* when it receives specific data. For eg, if the program receives "Alarm 1 Zone 4", it will do something. The data received will be variable in length. My questions: 1) Any recommendations for the serial Comm Class for Visual C++? 2) How can i compare the data i receive from serial to the specific messages i'm looking for, eg data types, size of data types, limitations & etc.? Thanks. Any comments are highly appreciated. Leng As far as the serial part goes, it i...

C++ : Is it lots harder than c# and VB
Hi everyone, I learned Java whilst at university and have taught myself c# and VB.net. I think I am ok at it. I was thinking, these languages will probably be bigger in the future so I better get ready for them. But then, I also realised that COM is still quite important and so is C++. So I thought I better just try and have a look at C++ and COM. And now I'm scared. So my question is - why does C++ look so much harder than c#? For example : 1. The methods all have really stupid names that are hard to descern a function from. 2. You need to think about pointers and cleaning up ...

C#.net windows application
Since I am new to c#.net 2008 but I have worked a little with visual basic.net 2005, I have the following questions I would like to ask: 1. When I am looking at a .sln file that I will be maintaining a work, I can see there are lots of static void Main() methods in a file called program.cs throughout the solution in separate folderts. Can you tell me the purpose of this kind of code? Does this instantiate an object, is this a class libary member? 2. When running the C#.net 2008 professional version windows application, how do I know which 'main' method is being called? ...

MFC DLL Calling C# Assembly
I have been trying to get a simple mfc dll I wrote to add to numbers call a C# assembly. Here is a sample of my C++ code in my cpp file. extern "C" _declspec(dllexport) int Calc(int no1,int no2) { //result = no1 + no2; return MangedAdder(no1, no2); } #pragma managed #using <mscorlib.dll> #using <ControllerLibrary.dll> int MangedAdder(int a, int b) { ControllerLibrary::DLLController *t = new ControllerLibrary::DLLController(); return t->AddNumbers(a, b); } All I really need is an extern function in a mfc dll that calls a me...

Type Casting in C and C++
Hello NG As an old style programmer I've been casting values with the C-syntax like: double dVal=3.14; float fVal = (float) dVal; but now I've been told that the C++ syntax should do a better job float fVal = static_cast <float>(dVal); for some reason. Is this true? Will the C++ compiler really generate different (better?) code or is it simply more writing I have to do? Thanx Richie >As an old style programmer I've been casting values with the C-syntax like: > >double dVal=3.14; >float fVal = (float) dVal; > >but now I've been told that the C+...

Is it possible to convert any given XML into Class?
Given an XML stream as below, is there any possibility to convert the same into any treditional class style with . (dots) as seperator of the nodes of the xml file... for instance bank.code.tostring() should reslut me "5070" and bank.description.tostring() should result "ICICI - Bangalore" bank.location.destination.code should result "MB" bank.location.zone.code.tostring() should result "12" etc ., And the XML file being ... <?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8" ?> <MainBank> <bank> &l...

C, C++ and C# Forums
Throne Software has opened up C, C++ and C# Forums at: http://www.thronesoftware.com/forum/ Join us! ...

C# extension functions using MSXML?
I'm having performance/memory problems using .NET's XslTransform class so I thought I'd give the MSXML object's a whirl. The question I haven't been able to find in these groups is can I use C# extension functions with the MSXML objects? More specifically to use a C# class which has all my extension functions. I've seen examples where the stylesheet uses the <msxsl:script> element and embeds C# code, but that's not a viable solution for my situation since I'll be maintaining lots of different stylesheets which require the same extension functions. (if ...

Application crashing because of chkesp.c error..
Hi, File : i386\chkesp.c Line : 42 The value of ESP was not properly saved across a function call. This is usually a result of calling a function declared with one calling convention with a function pointer declared with a different calling convention. What does this error mean ?/ The executable runs perfectly on my machine but when i give it on to the client machine.. it crashes while loading.. I need to solve this issue.. how can I ?? ===== Regards, Jigar Mehta A calling convention is the protocol used to call the function (how parameters are passed and the stack is restored). Y...

for some reason when i deploy my C# application on windows 2003 occasionaly rdr[0].ToString() hangs where rdr is a System.Data.SqlClient.SqlDataReader. Is there a fix for this? is my visual studio.net
for some reason when i deploy my C# application on windows 2003 occasionaly rdr[0].ToString() hangs where rdr is a System.Data.SqlClient.SqlDataReader. Is there a fix for this? is my visual studio.net out dated? Hi, 1. Does this seem to you to be the right Newsgroup to ask this question ? I would have suggested "microsoft.public.dotnet.framework.adonet". 2. Is there supposed to be a difference between the Message Subject and the Message body ? Isn't the Message Subject supposed to be abbreviated ? 3. As for your question : I strongly doubt if your VS.NET can be called "o...

CObject 'class' type redefinition
Hi, I couldn't figure out the errors and I've checked the MSDN. The error I've got is error C2011: 'CObject': 'class' type redefinition CObject was defined in Object.h CObject.cpp includes CObject.h And in the view class (MFC) as well hence CMyView.h when I comment out CMyView.h, it compiles okay but I need access to CObject.h because I need to define several CObject Objects... What else can I do? //////////////////////////////////////////////////////// CObject.h #ifndef _OBJECT_H_ #define _OBJECT_H_ class CObject { protected: CPerformer* m_pMA; DWORD ...

Force XMLSerializer to use class namespaces
Is there anyway to force the XMLSerializer to use fully qualified namespaces for when serializing? I was in the midsts of implementing EnterpriseServices configurations using a file store and XMLSerialization when I got clubbed over the head by the serializer because I have two different classes: CompanyA.Risk.Server.Settings and CompanyA.Risk.Client.Settings CompanyA.Risk.Server.Settings contains an array of Gargoyle.Risk.Client.Settings and the serializer craps out because I have two classes with the name "Settings". Is there anyway to force the serializer to use class names with ...

Money 2005 'C' Column
I have several bank accounts that I track on my computer using Microsoft Money 2005; I store the data online, so that it can be accessed and edited by two users. A co-worker also uses the same data online; the deposits and checks written show up correctly, no matter which of us has entered the information. What does not show up is an entry in the reconciliation column. The reconciliation is done on my system. Then, the entries that are marked with a “C,” don’t display a “C” for my co-worker. She can never tell which entries have cleared the bank. It is a puzzle why all the informa...

Hyperlinks with C++ 6.0
Hi, I hope this is the right place to post this question, it has to do with mfc i guess. I'm trying to hyperlink, a C++ application to a Microsoft Excel spread sheet. Basically I want to simply open a file in Microsoft Excel. Does anyone know of any ways of doing this? or any available ActiveX controls which I can use to do this? I have also tried to use the Microsoft Office Spreadsheet control version 9 and 10, and I just cannot get these to work. When I insert them into my application, it just does not run properly. It starts up, but it does not show any dialog boxes, just wast...

C# windows service freezes on System.Diagnostics.Process.Start(info)
C# windows service freezes on System.Diagnostics.Process.Start(info) When I launch PSCP from a C# windows service and launch pscp 0.53 there are no issues. but when I use C# windows service to launch pscp 0.58 C# freezes in System.Diagnostics.Process.Start(info)? pscp 0.58 works fine at command line, but causes C# to freeze on ystem.Diagnostics.Process.Start(info) also i noticed that the pscp process does not show in taske manager while ystem.Diagnostics.Process.Start(info) is hanging. Reguardless of the implementation of PSCP, how can ystem.Diagnostics.Process.Start(info) ever freeze ...

c/c++/vc++
Hi All, I want to learn c/c++/vc++ from the basics to attend an exam. I know there are many sites for that but what i want is the one in which there is a Question and Answer scenario so that i can brush them once. any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance. Kusuma. Why do you want to do this? An exam is to show proof of your existing knowledge of a particular subject. If you simply brushed over something as complex as C++, took an exam and (somehow) passed it, what value is there in that? I assume you are wanting the exam for employment purposes. If that is correct, do ...

How to convert Delphi Record to C#?
There is an old program that I'm rewriting. The program stores the data into an array and dumps it to a file. I can't seem to properly load the file though. Here is the record I'm working with: type TMyJob = record ReceiveDate: string[10]; JobName: string[150]; Contractor: string[100]; AssignDate: string[10]; DetailerName: string[30]; end; Jobs: array of TMyJob; Does anyone know how to convert this? "Magus" <mr.magus@gmail.com> wrote in message news:c234d4d2-221a-4389-802c-a1eaada8791c@v20g2000yqv.googlegroups.com... &...

CWnd-derived class, VC6SP6, Invalid m_hWnd
I'm trying to create a class that will derive from CWnd so that it can have a message map, however it does not need to display anything. This class will be a member of a CWnd-derived object (CChildView) (not using Document/View), and will simply be a target for posting messages to from various code in the application. The class declaration is as follows: #define WM_ALERT (WM_USER+1) class MyWnd : public CWnd { public: afx_msg LRESULT OnAlert(WPARAM w, LPARAM l); DECLARE_MESSAGE_MAP() }; The implementation for this class is as follows: BEGIN_MESSAGE_MAP(MyWnd, CWnd) ON_MESSAGE(WM_AL...

template class and static function pointer.

decrease C:\exchsrvr\imcdata\out\archive ???
C:\exchsrvr\imcdata\out\archive Is there anything I can do to make the size of this folder to decrease? Right now, its at 10GB. Using Exchange 5.5. C drive free space is getting awefully tight... Please help... Chris H If you don't need the files, for archiving or diagnostic purposes, you can remove the files. If you do need them, then you may want to back them up before you remove them and store that backup tape separately and write protect it. Removing the files is a pretty straight-forward process. You will need to stop the IMS first... and you will likely not want to enu...