C++ .NET with mySQL

Hello,

I am using MFC with mysql database. I included mysql.h
file in .h (header) file of dialog main class. Also I make
changes to Options in VS .NET, I mean, I put there these

Directories -> Include Files - c:\mysql\include
Directories -> Library Files - c:\mysql\lib\opt

After this, linker ended abnormally, with 7 errors, like
this:

data_connect error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol
_mysql_errno@4 referenced in function "public: int
__thiscall Cdata_connectDlg::Connection(class
ATL::CStringT<char,class StrTraitMFC<char,class
ATL::ChTraitsCRT<char> > > &,class
ATL::CStringT<char,class StrTraitMFC<char,class
ATL::ChTraitsCRT<char> > > &,class
ATL::CStringT<char,class StrTraitMFC<char,class
ATL::ChTraitsCRT<char> > > &,unsigned int)" (?
Connection@Cdata_connectDlg@@QAEHAAV?$CStringT@DV?
$StrTraitMFC@DV?$ChTraitsCRT@D@ATL@@@@@ATL@@00I@Z)

Do you know, where the problem is?

I use mysql database version 4.0.14b and VS .NET 2002

Thanks for any suggestions....
vc.mfc 33608 articles. 0 followers. Follow

Windows CE .net
I have a new MobilePro 900c (Windows CE .net) and when I try to run my existing application it says it is missing part of the application. I look for the mfc dll and it is not there. I try copying the mfcce30.dll from the ARM folder inWindows CE Tools and it still doesn't work. Any ideas or am I missing something really obvious. Any thoughts or suggestions would be welcome. TIA, Will Singer "Will Singer" <will@pdmb.com> wrote in message news:<OSwjoletEHA.220@TK2MSFTNGP15.phx.gbl>... > I have a new MobilePro 900c (Windows CE .net) and when I try to run my >...

How to build a project in Visual C++.net developed in Visual C++ 6
Hi, I am Nageshwar. I have developed a project in VC++ 6.0 and OpenGL. I have installed VC++.net in my system. When I compile and build the same code in VC++.net environment, I am getting errors. I have used fstream.h to read and write to files. But this header file is showing errors in VC++.net. I have used iostrea.h header. This is also showing erros. I think I need to use a different version of headers. Please suggest me how to recover from these errors. Which header file I have use instead of fstream.h header? etc., Thanks for all who help me.. Awaiting an early response, Nageshwar ...

C: Drive documents and setting expansion
Whenever I, Right Click Start then click "Explore", I get an expansion of the my user ID folders. Now, I rarely us "Documents and Settings" and would like to have it expand differently. What do I need to change so that can happen?? Thanks.. Bruce A. Julseth wrote: > Whenever I, Right Click Start then click "Explore", I get an > expansion of the my user ID folders. Now, I rarely us "Documents and > Settings" and would like to have it expand differently. > > What do I need to change so that can happen?? 1. You could ...

Using XSL in VB.net
All I want to do is execute a simple transformation in VB.net.... I know this has to be simple. I tried the following as suggested by a web page I found.... Dim xslt as New XslTransform() xslt.Load("Filename") xslt.Transform("InFile", "ResultFile") This appears to be very straightforward to me. However, this causes an error saying the code is obsolete... (I thought the whole Framework version concept meant backwards compatability, but I guess not.) it further says "You should pass XmlResolver to Transform() method" Can anyone tell me how / where...

.NET Framework 1.1
I have Vista Home Basic. In the Control Panel\Programs and Features I find: Microsoft .NET Framework 1.1 Microsoft .NET Framework 3.5 SPI Microsoft Corporation Under Publisher there is nothing in the fist. Is it OK? Should I redownload it? Also, do I need both of them? Also, in Control Panel\Windows Update\View Update History, I see that Microsoft .NET Framework 1.1 Service Pack 1 has failed, and was not tried again. Should I download it manually? Thanks, emf -- It ain't THAT, babe! - A radical reinterpretation https://files.nyu.edu/emf202/public/bd/itaintm...

Create timeline for 2500 B.C. to 100 B.C.?
Visio only allows me to create timeline for after 1900 AD. Can I use Visio to create a timeline for 2500 BC to 100 BC? Visio's Divided timeline has exactly what I need except I can not enter BC as the start and end time. And Visio always require end time to be greater than the start time. Any suggestion on how I can do this in Visio? You're not going to be able to use the timeline because the code is linked to the system clock (only goes back to 1900). You'll have to use the vanilla shapes that come with visio. Al "Little Black Sheep" <Little Bl...

intermittent error calling .NET web service
I'm getting an intermittent error when calling a .NET web service from a .NET console application. Both are using v.1.1.4322 of the framework. Any ideas on what could be causing this? It can fail and then a few seconds later can work fine. The exception is: <log4net:event logger="WRDataSyncApp" timestamp="2005-01-11T03:00:49.7336956-05:00" level="ERROR" thread="5808" domain="WRDataSyncApp.exe" username="CLT01IAWEB010N0\EquityAdmin"><log4net:message>Exception: System.InvalidOperationException Message: There is...

Visual C++ to read Strings from Serial Port
Hi. I'm doing a project using Visual C++ to read data from Serial Port. My program needs to do *something* when it receives specific data. For eg, if the program receives "Alarm 1 Zone 4", it will do something. The data received will be variable in length. My questions: 1) Any recommendations for the serial Comm Class for Visual C++? 2) How can i compare the data i receive from serial to the specific messages i'm looking for, eg data types, size of data types, limitations & etc.? Thanks. Any comments are highly appreciated. Leng As far as the serial part goes, it i...

C++ : Is it lots harder than c# and VB
Hi everyone, I learned Java whilst at university and have taught myself c# and VB.net. I think I am ok at it. I was thinking, these languages will probably be bigger in the future so I better get ready for them. But then, I also realised that COM is still quite important and so is C++. So I thought I better just try and have a look at C++ and COM. And now I'm scared. So my question is - why does C++ look so much harder than c#? For example : 1. The methods all have really stupid names that are hard to descern a function from. 2. You need to think about pointers and cleaning up ...

C#.net windows application
Since I am new to c#.net 2008 but I have worked a little with visual basic.net 2005, I have the following questions I would like to ask: 1. When I am looking at a .sln file that I will be maintaining a work, I can see there are lots of static void Main() methods in a file called program.cs throughout the solution in separate folderts. Can you tell me the purpose of this kind of code? Does this instantiate an object, is this a class libary member? 2. When running the C#.net 2008 professional version windows application, how do I know which 'main' method is being called? ...

Net Worth Error
In Money 2007, I get an error when I try to look at my net worth. The error reads, "An error occurred, but Money is unable to retrieve and display details about what happend. (Resource = rcreport. Error = 2109.)" I ran the Standard File Repair but received a "No broken records in the original file." result. Any suggestions? Thank you. I had a similar problem with the monthly reports. Look at my post called "Troubleshooting method" that I wrote on 9/13/06, it might give you some ideas. Regards Bill Wood "T. J. Allard" <T. J. Allard@discu...

Setting for multiple controls <ekXTh.42469$VU4.14648@bgtnsc05-news.ops.worldnet.att.net>
Did you know you can just select all the controls on the form in design mode by typing CTRL-A (or alternatively multiple by holding down SHIFT and then clicking on each one). Then with all you want to change selected do the Conditional Format and it will apply to all! EggHeadCafe.com - .NET Developer Portal of Choice http://www.eggheadcafe.com ...

MFC DLL Calling C# Assembly
I have been trying to get a simple mfc dll I wrote to add to numbers call a C# assembly. Here is a sample of my C++ code in my cpp file. extern "C" _declspec(dllexport) int Calc(int no1,int no2) { //result = no1 + no2; return MangedAdder(no1, no2); } #pragma managed #using <mscorlib.dll> #using <ControllerLibrary.dll> int MangedAdder(int a, int b) { ControllerLibrary::DLLController *t = new ControllerLibrary::DLLController(); return t->AddNumbers(a, b); } All I really need is an extern function in a mfc dll that calls a me...

Type Casting in C and C++
Hello NG As an old style programmer I've been casting values with the C-syntax like: double dVal=3.14; float fVal = (float) dVal; but now I've been told that the C++ syntax should do a better job float fVal = static_cast <float>(dVal); for some reason. Is this true? Will the C++ compiler really generate different (better?) code or is it simply more writing I have to do? Thanx Richie >As an old style programmer I've been casting values with the C-syntax like: > >double dVal=3.14; >float fVal = (float) dVal; > >but now I've been told that the C+...

C, C++ and C# Forums
Throne Software has opened up C, C++ and C# Forums at: http://www.thronesoftware.com/forum/ Join us! ...

C# extension functions using MSXML?
I'm having performance/memory problems using .NET's XslTransform class so I thought I'd give the MSXML object's a whirl. The question I haven't been able to find in these groups is can I use C# extension functions with the MSXML objects? More specifically to use a C# class which has all my extension functions. I've seen examples where the stylesheet uses the <msxsl:script> element and embeds C# code, but that's not a viable solution for my situation since I'll be maintaining lots of different stylesheets which require the same extension functions. (if ...

Application crashing because of chkesp.c error..
Hi, File : i386\chkesp.c Line : 42 The value of ESP was not properly saved across a function call. This is usually a result of calling a function declared with one calling convention with a function pointer declared with a different calling convention. What does this error mean ?/ The executable runs perfectly on my machine but when i give it on to the client machine.. it crashes while loading.. I need to solve this issue.. how can I ?? ===== Regards, Jigar Mehta A calling convention is the protocol used to call the function (how parameters are passed and the stack is restored). Y...

for some reason when i deploy my C# application on windows 2003 occasionaly rdr[0].ToString() hangs where rdr is a System.Data.SqlClient.SqlDataReader. Is there a fix for this? is my visual studio.net
for some reason when i deploy my C# application on windows 2003 occasionaly rdr[0].ToString() hangs where rdr is a System.Data.SqlClient.SqlDataReader. Is there a fix for this? is my visual studio.net out dated? Hi, 1. Does this seem to you to be the right Newsgroup to ask this question ? I would have suggested "microsoft.public.dotnet.framework.adonet". 2. Is there supposed to be a difference between the Message Subject and the Message body ? Isn't the Message Subject supposed to be abbreviated ? 3. As for your question : I strongly doubt if your VS.NET can be called "o...

Money 2005 'C' Column
I have several bank accounts that I track on my computer using Microsoft Money 2005; I store the data online, so that it can be accessed and edited by two users. A co-worker also uses the same data online; the deposits and checks written show up correctly, no matter which of us has entered the information. What does not show up is an entry in the reconciliation column. The reconciliation is done on my system. Then, the entries that are marked with a “C,” don’t display a “C” for my co-worker. She can never tell which entries have cleared the bank. It is a puzzle why all the informa...

Hyperlinks with C++ 6.0
Hi, I hope this is the right place to post this question, it has to do with mfc i guess. I'm trying to hyperlink, a C++ application to a Microsoft Excel spread sheet. Basically I want to simply open a file in Microsoft Excel. Does anyone know of any ways of doing this? or any available ActiveX controls which I can use to do this? I have also tried to use the Microsoft Office Spreadsheet control version 9 and 10, and I just cannot get these to work. When I insert them into my application, it just does not run properly. It starts up, but it does not show any dialog boxes, just wast...

C# windows service freezes on System.Diagnostics.Process.Start(info)
C# windows service freezes on System.Diagnostics.Process.Start(info) When I launch PSCP from a C# windows service and launch pscp 0.53 there are no issues. but when I use C# windows service to launch pscp 0.58 C# freezes in System.Diagnostics.Process.Start(info)? pscp 0.58 works fine at command line, but causes C# to freeze on ystem.Diagnostics.Process.Start(info) also i noticed that the pscp process does not show in taske manager while ystem.Diagnostics.Process.Start(info) is hanging. Reguardless of the implementation of PSCP, how can ystem.Diagnostics.Process.Start(info) ever freeze ...

c/c++/vc++
Hi All, I want to learn c/c++/vc++ from the basics to attend an exam. I know there are many sites for that but what i want is the one in which there is a Question and Answer scenario so that i can brush them once. any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance. Kusuma. Why do you want to do this? An exam is to show proof of your existing knowledge of a particular subject. If you simply brushed over something as complex as C++, took an exam and (somehow) passed it, what value is there in that? I assume you are wanting the exam for employment purposes. If that is correct, do ...

How to convert Delphi Record to C#?
There is an old program that I'm rewriting. The program stores the data into an array and dumps it to a file. I can't seem to properly load the file though. Here is the record I'm working with: type TMyJob = record ReceiveDate: string[10]; JobName: string[150]; Contractor: string[100]; AssignDate: string[10]; DetailerName: string[30]; end; Jobs: array of TMyJob; Does anyone know how to convert this? "Magus" <mr.magus@gmail.com> wrote in message news:c234d4d2-221a-4389-802c-a1eaada8791c@v20g2000yqv.googlegroups.com... &...

How to run ajax implemented .Net 3.5 to an old version 2.0
Hi, I have developed a Web Application in .Net 2008 and implemented <asp:UpdatePanel /> in it. But now I am trying to build it in .Net Version 2.0. But it gives an error -- "Error 1 Unknown server tag 'asp:UpdatePanel' ". I have downloaded earlier version of AjaxControlToolKit, but it does not work. What I have to do to build this code in version 2.0 Thanks and Regard Dg The UpdatePanel is not part of 2.0 or the Ajax Toolkit. This is an additional "Ajax extension for 2.0" download... Also as 3.5 is just 2.0 plus additional stuff, I wo...

decrease C:\exchsrvr\imcdata\out\archive ???
C:\exchsrvr\imcdata\out\archive Is there anything I can do to make the size of this folder to decrease? Right now, its at 10GB. Using Exchange 5.5. C drive free space is getting awefully tight... Please help... Chris H If you don't need the files, for archiving or diagnostic purposes, you can remove the files. If you do need them, then you may want to back them up before you remove them and store that backup tape separately and write protect it. Removing the files is a pretty straight-forward process. You will need to stop the IMS first... and you will likely not want to enu...