BROWSEINFO: set (pre)selected path

Hi together,

in C++.net I can do the following in a FolderBrowserDialog for the user
to change f.e. the workPath for an application:

FolderBrowserDialog* di=new FolderBrowserDialog();
di->RootFolder = Environment::SpecialFolder::Desktop;
di->SelectedPath=workPath;

In an MFC project I can do the following:

BROWSEINFO bi;
bi.pidlRoot = NULL; // set root to user's desktop

But I did not find any possibily to pre(select) the old workPath in then
structure:

typedef struct _browseinfo {
     HWND hwndOwner;
     LPCITEMIDLIST pidlRoot;
     LPTSTR pszDisplayName;
     LPCTSTR lpszTitle;
     UINT ulFlags;
     BFFCALLBACK lpfn;
     LPARAM lParam;
     int iImage;
} BROWSEINFO, *PBROWSEINFO, *LPBROWSEINFO;

Thank you for any hints how to do this, Bernd

--
BM Computer-Services, Bergmannstr. 66, 10961 Berlin
Webdesign, Internet, Layout und Grafik

"Bernd Muent" <kontakt@bmservices.de> wrote in message
> Hi together,
>
> in C++.net I can do the following in a FolderBrowserDialog for the user
> to change f.e. the workPath for an application:
>
> FolderBrowserDialog* di=new FolderBrowserDialog();
> di->RootFolder = Environment::SpecialFolder::Desktop;
> di->SelectedPath=workPath;
>
> In an MFC project I can do the following:
>
> BROWSEINFO bi;
> bi.pidlRoot = NULL; // set root to user's desktop
>
> But I did not find any possibily to pre(select) the old workPath in then
> structure:.....................

See if the following KB article helps you

        How To Browse for Folders from the Current Directory
        http://support.microsoft.com/?id=179378

--
Cheers
Check Abdoul [VC++ MVP]

0
CheckAbdoul

Set Auto Reply Message From Within Exchange?
Is it possible to setup an auto reply email for a specific email address from within Exchange or AD? ...

Select Working TV Signal
Hey peeps, I've been looking for an answer to this problem for a couple weeks, done lots of google searches and searched around these forums to see if my question had already been answered.. as far as I can see it has not been. If it has, please point me to a link. thanks. PROBLEM Can not get Media Center TV Setup (win7) to see STB signal. The STB itself is a Scientific America with 1xCoaxial in, and 1xCoaxial out. *NO* RCA/COMPOSITE/HDMI. It is connected to the computer from the Coaxial out to the antenna in on my Hauppauge PVR-150 It asks me if I have a set-top box. ...

Selecting a range from a dynamic column heading
Hi All - I'm trying to select a range from a spreadsheet from a button click (and then user will see a graph popup - he will NOT have to select anything ..just click on the button). Problem is that there is that the spreadsheet is dynamic with each user (depending on what columns he wants to view). for Person 1 spreadsheet could look like: name date state age height weight jack 5/2/05 TX 54 126 205 jack 5/3/05 TX 54 126 206 jack 5/4/05 TX ...

how set cell to blank?
I have a cell formula: =IF(OR(ISBLANK(K10),ISBLANK(L10)),,L10-K10) Which makes the cell zero if either of k10 or l10 is blank, (and subtracts the two if not), but I want to make the cell blank rather than zero. Thanks again. One way: =IF(OR(ISBLANK(K10),ISBLANK(L10)),"",L10-K10) alternatively: =IF(COUNT(K10:L10)<2,"",L10-K10) In article <EC1B0734-629F-4E81-A3FF-98D97D2839A8@microsoft.com>, "Ian Elliott" <IanElliott@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > I have a cell formula: > =IF(OR(ISBLANK(K10),ISBLANK(L10)),,L10-K10) > W...

Date format pre-1900.
Hi, I have a table of immigration ships that have arrived in Australian shores. Some....okay most.....of the ships arrived before 1900. I was trying to sort by the arrival date, which is in the format of DD MMM YYYY, but that didn't work, as there were some 1900 dates. Tried to re-style the column to DD/MM/YYYY, but the pre-1900 dates don't change to the new style. Any suggestions on how to utilise the pre-1900 dates, so that Excel can recognise them. Cheers in advance. Craig. You could use the add-in at http://j-walk.com/ss/excel/files/xdate.htm ...

BROWSEINFO STRUCTURE
Can we customize the button "Make New Folder" to "Create New Folder" using the ulFlags BIF_NEWDIALOGSTYLE ? you can install a hook function (specify it in BROWSEINFO) and use API to access dialog controls on the folder select dialog. <infinity@mail2dreamer.com> ???? news:1136887655.391484.198800@g47g2000cwa.googlegroups.com... > Can we customize the button "Make New Folder" to "Create New Folder" > using the ulFlags BIF_NEWDIALOGSTYLE ? > ...

Excel settings saved with file
Do Excel settings get saved with a file? If I choose Tools/Options/Calculations/Manual and save the file, will anyone else who opens this file automatically receive this same setting even if they have selected Tools/Options/Calculations/Automatic? This has been occuring to a particular file several coworkers use, but it seems like this setting should be user specific and not file specific. Hi j-dawg The first file that Excel opens on each PC will set this setting. -- Regards Ron de Bruin http://www.rondebruin.nl "j-dawg" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wro...

setting up
I am using the education template for a vocational training school. I have put all the information into the profile for a student. I want to be able to list all the courses that one student has taken. I also want to be able to pull up a roster per course from the student profiles. I have been able to pull up a report course roster but now a couple of students are returning to take different course. I can list more on the profile page but I don't think that is the only thing I can do. Enjoy every day! On Wed, 21 Apr 2010 21:39:01 -0700, Nantika <Nantika@discuss...

VB to set image setting
Hi. Is it possible to create a routine to import a image from the dialog, that will: change the dimensions (x pos, y pos, image width, image height) Set layer. Dim UndoScopeID1 As Long UndoScopeID1 = Application.BeginUndoScope("Size & Position 2-D") Application.ActiveWindow.Page.Shapes.ItemFromID(12).CellsSRC(visSectionObject, visRowXFormOut, visXFormPinX).FormulaU = "421 mm" Application.EndUndoScope UndoScopeID1, True Dim UndoScopeID2 As Long UndoScopeID2 = Application.BeginUndoScope("Size & Position 2-D") Application.Act...

Select Month, get the dates
Hi, I want to be able to select the month from the drop down list and once the month is selected, I want the first date cell to change itself to the first date of the month selected. For rest of the date cells I have just used the formula "First date cell + 1" any help will be appreciated!! Thanks a lot in advance. P.S. - Sorry for posting this in two forums. I realized later that this one is probably the right place to post it. Thanks. Assuming you select the month by giving a number 1-12, the formual is: (assuming year 2010) =DATE(2010,A2,1) Or, if the d...

settings in Outlook2002 affect IE?
I use accessibility options in IE6. In IE "tools > internet options > Accessibility > ignore font styles specified on web pages > ignore font sizes specified on web pages," but since installing Outlook2002, I find that in IE6, I have to go to "view > text sizes," and select largest every time I open IE! It won't stay there even when clicking on a link within the web page! Anyone know what's going on here? Thanks, D. In Outlook, Tools->Options->Mail Format->Fonts->International Fonts, do you have Largest selected and made the defaul...

E-mail messages containing e-mail or web addresses are not highlighted or selectable
Is there an option in Outlook 2002 SP3 to change this?? Thanks to all "Transistor" <transistor@pcboard.net> wrote in message news:r0icf1t3foj12skbvfiq0fnndfetbh0p2b@4ax.com... > Is there an option in Outlook 2002 SP3 to change this?? > > Thanks to all Are the mails text only? Text is simple formatting and doesn't support hyperlinks, or much in the way of formatting. Try html rich text- for sending and receiving. ...

account set up
I'm trying to set up my email account in outlook 2002 but when i test the settings i get the error message "Send test e-mail message: Unable to send test Message. Please verify the email address field." i entered my email address as sieleman and as sieleman@mchsi.com. I know that this is my correct email. Dell and my ISP have said that they can't help me. Please help. ------------------------------------------------ ~~ Message posted from http://www.ExcelTip.com/ ~~View and post usenet messages directly from http://www.ExcelForum.com/ ...

Inserting a full file path and name into a field
Hello, I have seen Arvin's Document Management database from here http://www.datastrat.com/DataStrat2.html but the browse doesnt include the file names, only the directories. The following API can search for files: http://www.mvps.org/access/api/api0001.htm but won't allow me to insert the full path into a field (including file). Unless I have missed something. How can I do it? cheers! ...

how change default set for email client
when we first time use outlook , it will ask to setup as default email client. so during access interenet , some webpage has contact us link to email, when click it will pop to outlook, but fo some reason, some use click cntact us in web , it will pop a outlook express. which is not my expected, how can i set it back to outlook Thank gary ...

outlook express- setting an email account
I have created an email account with outlook Ex, and everytime I open my OE a message pops up with a message to enter a user id and password which already exists in the window message. Can anyone tell me how to solve this problem? Thanks, This newsgroup is for support of Outlook 97, 98, 2000 & 2002 from the Office family for Windows PCs. For Outlook Express (OE) support try posting in one of these newsgroups: microsoft.public.inetexplorer.ie4.outlookexpress for OE 4.x microsoft.public.windows.inetexplorer.ie5.outlookexpress for OE 5.x http://support.microsoft.com/newsgroups/default...

Setting focus to List Control
Hi all, I have a List Control that I fill in OnSetActive. I then want to highlight the first row. I tried to do it as follows: BOOL PassTab::OnSetActive() { // ... fill the List Control c_selectedList.SetItemState( 0, LVIS_SELECTED, LVIS_SELECTED); c_selectedList.SetFocus(); return TRUE; } The first item gets a grey rectangle around it, not the blue one that it has when it's selected *and* focused, so from this I deduce that the command c_selectedList.SetFocus(); is not working here. When I use the same two lines elsewhere (say, when I press a button) the first ...

How to set delay time for tool tip
Hi, all, How to set delay time for tool tip if you use EnableTooltip in CWnd instead of CToolTipCtrl? Thanks ...

Setting up account balances
I have just installed GP and now I need to set up my beginning balances. I am want to show a debit to checking for $22,000 and a credit to Capitol for $22,000 ,,,how do I do this. How do I journalize this. I am an old school accountant. It depends on if you have the Bank Reconciliation module. If you do, you should enter a Bank Transaction so your checkbook and GL cash account are updated. If you do not have this module, then you enter a GL journal entry. -- Charles Allen, MVP "michael@nyresume.com" wrote: > I have just installed GP and now I need to set up my beginnin...

Set It Up Again?
I've been using Money for years, currently Money 2004. When Microsoft advised that the direct electronic banking support was going to expire, that didn't bother me since I don't use those functions. Suddenly (Today) when I go to Money it want me to set it up like a new subscriber. Can someone tell me how to get it back the way it was (with all my account entries), or do I have to go through the rigamarole of setting up all the accounts and then recovering from by backups? In microsoft.public.money, camaz wrote: >I've been using Money for years, currently Money 20...

Storage Group System File Paths and Clustering
I have a 2 node EX2K3 cluster. I have created 3 storage groups but am not sure if the system file paths for all 3 groups should point to the same directory or have seperate directories for each group. -Brian It might be worth posting this one into the exchange.clustering <bjorgenson@charter.net> wrote in message news:1124593703.454097.221770@g49g2000cwa.googlegroups.com... >I have a 2 node EX2K3 cluster. I have created 3 storage groups but am > not sure if the system file paths for all 3 groups should point to the > same directory or have seperate directories for each grou...

Page Orientation
Is it possible to set the page orientation (portrait or landscape) for individual pages? If so, then how? Whenever I set the page orientation, it is applied to all pages in the document. I'd like for some to be portrait and some landscape. Thanks! On Fri, 23 Jun 2006 13:51:13 -0700, "Smithers" <A@B.COM> wrote: >Is it possible to set the page orientation (portrait or landscape) for >individual pages? If so, then how? > >Whenever I set the page orientation, it is applied to all pages in the >document. I'd like for some to be portrait and some lan...

Print Selected Record
I want to print a popup form. I used the command button wizzard to set up a button to print the form. How can I filter what's printed to be only the selected (active) record? -- Thanks. Sammie Access 2003 Although allowed, Forms are really not designed for printing. Why not just create a report to present the data for the current record. Then you can use the Where argument of the OpenReport method to have the report limited to the active record on the form? -- Dave Hargis, Microsoft Access MVP "Sammie" wrote: > I want to print a popup form. I used the command...

Trouble setting up CRM
Hi All, I am having a problem while running the hosted CRM infrastructure. I am following the "All-in-one" configuration as per the CRM deployment guide. When assigning the roles to a user using MPS sample CP, I am getting the error "user id is invalid" on the page and the roles are not getting listed. On tracing further, I found that the provtest for GetRoles.xml itself is failing with the same error. The web service address in GetRoles.xml is correct and accessible from the MPS01. Many Thanks, Yogesh ...

Is there any specific setting for MS excel to download CSV in fin.
I have set my local setting of my PC to finnish and trying to download CSV file. But the data is displayed in a single cell instead of splitting across various cells. Is there any specific setting that should be set in EXCEL to display CSV files in the correct format? Hi try renamin the file to *.txt and open this file in Excel. >-----Original Message----- >I have set my local setting of my PC to finnish and trying to download CSV >file. >But the data is displayed in a single cell instead of splitting across >various cells. >Is there any specific setting that should ...