Borland C++ Builder

I use to use Borland C++ builder. What is the closest equivelent in the VC++.Net suite? I basically want drag-n-drop UI construction with automatic generation of code stubs for UI events callbacks

Will using the resource editor with an MFC project get me close

Thanks
0
anonymous (74722)
2/16/2004 5:26:05 AM
vc.mfc 33608 articles. 0 followers. Follow

python , C++, embedding interpreter
Hi, I would like to developp a C++/MFC application to test FTP servers. to do so i would like to declare several FTP objects with typical characteristics (ex FTPServerA with addr = ftp.foo.com and FTPServerB with addre=ftp.cygnus.fr). Once these objects dynamically created I would like to load a python script to do some testing like servers = S_GetServers() print servers myServerA = servers[0] myServerB = servers[1] S_SendFakeFile(myServerA) if ... First I wanted to use boost.Python but don't know if it's the best solution. Instead of letting c++ object interact with python m...

C# is to C++ as ___ is to MFC?
Help me fill in the blank please. I know of .Net, and I know vaguely about c#, but I've heard that .net is replacing MFC somehow, but then I've read about .Net for MFC. Is there something in the .NET suite that directly replaces MFC? Is it just called the .NET framework? It seems like that would encompass ASP+, C+, etc... as well. Dazed and confused, Cindy | but I've heard that .net is replacing MFC somehow, I am not sure if this makes sense. There is no replacement. You can use .Net to create applications similar to MFC. But MFC is far too rich compare to .Net, at least...

Querying MS Access from C# on stored file paths
Hi folks, I'm storing some particulars about file usage in my MS Access database, incl. the full paths of those files. I tried to query the database in my C# code. My idea was to retrieve from the database by means of SQL when a file was used the last time, but I only know the directory it is in, so in my code I tried to construct a WHERE clause as follows: String whereClause = "WHERE Filename LIKE '" + dirpath + "*'"; Of course I'm working on Windows and I don't want to think of portability now. Obviously, the variable dirpath contains double...

Cheapkate Wants to Buy Visual C++
I am running Windows XP on my PC and would like to buy Visual C++ but do not want to spend $600-$1000 on it. I prefer version 6 to version 7 but version 6 still seems a bit expensive. I think that I saw version 5 advertised somewhere for about $100. I am hoping to get a version with MFC and Apwizard. I will mainly be using it to develop C++ code for number crunching and for 2D images and graphs. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated, Peter. ...

exchange powershell commands in C# errors! how to retrieve results?
Hello I'm trying to write a code that return results from exchange powershell commands I faced a problem when running this command "Get-mailbox -Identity [SOME_EMAIL] | ft GrantSendOnBehalfTo"; when i run the same command from the exchange powershell I get the results that I want, other commands run correctly in my application. this is the code that I'm trying to run in my app: Code: -------------------- public String RunPSCommand(String email) { String command = "Get-mailbox -Identity " + email + " | fl GrantSendOnBehalfTo"...

URGENT : How to get CHECKBOX object value from C# Class
As subject... I wanna get the value of some Visual Basic Object (Checkbox) in a Excel Worksheet from a C# class / VB.NET class.... May I ask for advice ??? What I got ....only Excel application, workbook, worksheet....and so on... Excel.Application excelApp = new Excel.ApplicationClass(); Excel.Workbook excelWorkbook; Excel.Sheets excelSheets; Excel.Worksheet excelWorksheet ; ...

Working with Excel 2003 from a Visual C++ program
I am quite new to programming. Despite that I have to write a C++ program that opens an .xls workbook, selects a specified worksheet and puts data in specified cells of the worksheet. I have found a document in the Internet that describes how to use the Excel COM model. Based on this I created a program that is able o open a specified .xls workbook and put data in specified cells in the active sheet. However I do not know how to select a specified worksheet so that I do not put the data in the worksheet that ust happens to be active when opening the workbook. How to do that? H...

SmartList Builder Access
Help, I am struggling to give users the ability to use SmartList Builder without having to make them a power user. Andrea, This is copied from the March 23, 2009 comment on my blog post: http://victoriayudin.com/2008/10/08/granting-access-to-a-new-smartlist-in-gp-10/: Create a new task, I would use the System Category (although it really doesn’t matter, that is just something that helps you find things a little easier), then go through the following combinations and choose what you need: 1. Product: SmartList Builder, Type: Windows, Series: Project 2. Product: SmartList Builder, Type:...

how i do prevent installing an unsigned cab in platform builder
using windows ce 5.0. i do application distribution using signed cab's this cab's will be installed on the device using wceload (called within an application) how i do prevent installing an unsigned cab in platform builder ? "in platform builder" is confusing me. You want to prevent installation of an unsigned CAB *on the device*, yes? That seems like a modification of wceload.exe. That's where I'd start. Paul T. "jwei" <jwei@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:49BA2E33-69BD-48B9-AF9F-1E80E877571E@microsoft.com......

Converting Borland C++ projects to VC6
Hello, I am contemplating converting to Visual C++ some existing programs written using Borland C++ The code is from 2000/2001, so was probably developed using C++ Builder 5. The GUI part is just a few dialogs collecting parameters to drive complicated math computations. The math part should compile quite easily under another compiler, but the GUI stuff obviously uses the Borland framework, so I am seeing references to things like "vcl.h" and AnsiString. Can anyone point me to utilities, libraries or tips that would ease the conversion. TIA, Bernard. I had to do this a while back...

Semi-newbie question on Visual C++ vs. Visual C#
Short version: I will be creating stand-alone applications for Windows. Which environment will make it quicker and easier for me to create the necessary GUI's -- Visual C++ or Visual C#? Longer version: I took a bunch of programming classes some years back, including two semesters of C++, but I've been away from it for a while. One thing I found with C++ was that trying to create even a basic GUI using Visual Studio 6 with MFC was an absolute bear. I now plan to develop some simple scientific and mathematical applications, mostly for self-study purposes, but some of them may turn...

Find all charts in a spreadsheet with C#
Hi, can anyone tell me how to find all the chart objects in a given worksheet or workbook in C# thanks, Ed. ...

Visual C++ Opportunity
Forgive me if this is the wrong forum in which to proceed, but I am in need of candidates interested in the following: Visual C++ (current) 3 month contract in Wilmington, DE large financial services company If qualified and interested, please forward an updated resume to : jhunt@comsys.com Jen Hunt Recruiting Assistant COMSYS ...

c++ coding standard
Hi all, anyone have docs to specify standard to coding, as naming variables, classes, functions? Thanks "Duy Trinh" <duy.trinh@mobinex.com> wrote in message news:O5gGj1dPHHA.420@TK2MSFTNGP06.phx.gbl... > Hi all, > > anyone have docs to specify standard to coding, as naming variables, > classes, functions? > > Thanks > > Many abound. Try "Joint Strike Force Air Vehicle, C++ Coding Standards For The System Developement and Demonstration Program" at http://www.research.att.com/~bs/JSF-AV-rules.pdf Naming of variables etc is covered begi...

OTD formula in Smartlist Builder
Does anyone on the board know what is the syntax for calculating On-Time Delivery in Smartlist Builder. Req. Ship Date (07/24/06) - Actual Ship Date (08/07/06) = OTD (14 days late) thanks, davidv Create a view with a column defined as DATEDIFF(day, earlydate, latedate). day is entered just as that "day" with no quotes, for the other two date phrases substitute the field names for the dates you want. -- Richard L. Whaley Author / Consultant / MVP http://www.AccoladePublications.com Documentation for Software Users Check out some of our books on Dynamics GP on our web site. ...

the c:\windows\repair\system file is missing?
I am trying to fix a computer that has a missing system file. I tried to copy it from repair\system but its missing from there? On Tue, 22 Jun 2010 16:38:15 -0700, Chris <Chris@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > I am trying to fix a computer that has a missing system file. I tried to > copy it from repair\system but its missing from there? What is the name of the file that is missing? Exactly how do you know that it's missing? What problems are caused by the file being missing? -- Ken Blake, Microsoft MVP (Windows Desktop Experience) since 2003 ...

C#.net 2008 build problem
I am asking for help on compiling a C#.net 2008 application since I have not been able to obtain a successful build with no errors yet. This application that we need to support has no documentation and the programmer(s) who wrote the application are not with the company any longer. This C#.net 2008 solution has lots of project files in it. You can compile this application in the following modes: a.debug, b. debug-test, c.debug-development, d. debug-production, e. release, and there is a class manager configuration file. I am getting errors like: 1. Error 33 The type or name...

Is there a Visual C++ Net only product ???
Does Visual C++ Net comes in a stand alone application package or you have to buy Visual Studio Net to get it ??? By stand alone, I mean the package only contains Visual C++ Net and not other things such as Visual Basic, C# etc etc... In article <40b015aa_2@news.tm.net.my>, andy_kheemeng@yahoo.com.sg says... > Does Visual C++ Net comes in a stand alone application package or you have > to buy Visual Studio Net to get it ??? > > By stand alone, I mean the package only contains Visual C++ Net and not > other things such as Visual Basic, C# etc etc... If you just wan...

moving from c++ to visual studio c++ (winpcap) problem
Hi ! i have a problem related to winpcap, i'm curretly making a sniffer aplication for my studies. I want to accomplish this http://www.winpcap.org/docs/man/html/group__wpcap__tut3.html but in visual studio, the problem is related to the function pcap_loop(adhandle, 0, packet_handler, NULL); it has a pointer to the function packet_handler. It works fine in console, but how do i make it work in windows forms?? a have made an form with an button which pressed should do the stuff that the function main does in te program from the above linlk, but should call the function from inside the c...

Gross pay (or salary) from SmartList builder?
I'm trying to build a flat file to include gross pay (true gross, not taxable gross) for certain check dates. Employees include those on salary and those not on salary (paid per "product comleted") and a few hourly people. Easy, right? Well, all I see in "Payroll Historical Trx" in "taxable wages" and "pay rate." I see nothing that says gross pay. What's the problem here? I'm able to back into it using the UPR Trx amount column, but I don't want to have to do this. Thanks for your help. On Dec 17, 4:24 pm, Zarlot <Zarl...@yahoo...

Borland OWL...
I have an inherited a project done on the Borland compiler...and am wondering how I can "convert," this to use with MFC under Visual Studio. Does anyone have any experience with this they can share with me? Thanks, Ike "Ike" <rxv@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:<RoWgd.14760$ta5.5719@newsread3.news.atl.earthlink.net>... > I have an inherited a project done on the Borland compiler...and am > wondering how I can "convert," this to use with MFC under Visual Studio. > Does anyone have any experience with this they can share with me? Thanks, &...

xml transform using c#
i have a method which is return xml from a dataset. can someone please post some example code of how i can transform this xml using an xsl stylesheet? i am only interested in the c# part of the code, not the xsl. please note that my xml is coming from a method, not from a xml file. thanks. What is it returning from the method? A string, a stream, and XmlDocument, and XmlNode, an XmlReader? Supposing that the method returns a string: string xml = MyMethod(); System.IO.StringReader reader = newStringReader(xml); System.Xml.XPath.XPathDocument doc = new XPathDocument(reader); System.Xm...

Overlaying an EMF on top of a bitmap using native C++
I'm aware that the .NET Compact Framework doesn't support enhanced metafiles so I decided to resort to native C++ in order to display it. My question is the following: If I have an EMF (vector) image in a memory stream and want to overlay it on top of a bitmap what procedures do I need to follow to create a CompatibleBitmap that can be drawn to the Pocket PC screen using evC++ 4.0 and MFC? I don't know the pixel location or shape of the vector image beforehand. I would appreciate any tips or references that will help me accomplish this task. ...

Canadian Dollar Symbol 'C$'
Hi, I am supposed to disply the value of 'Originating Subtotal' of table SOP_HDR_HIST in one of our customized window. The transactions are of multicurrency type (Z-C$). So while displaying I have to display the amout as say for eg:- C$100.00 How can I display the amout with C$ as prefix? Advice Pls. Thanks, Sri Sri, Did you assign the C$ symbol in Currency Setup for Canadian Dollar? -- Thanks Janakiram M.P. MCP-GP Note: If you are a Microsoft Partner, You can also Login to Dynamics GP partner forums at http://social.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/partnerdynamicsgp/threads ...

VS2008 C# solution
I added in my VS2008 C# solution a new dll but its output is created only in its own directory and not copied to the main executable project. Is there any idea please? Thanks Morris On 20/01/2010 in message <uf6oNYbmKHA.5040@TK2MSFTNGP06.phx.gbl> Morris wrote: >I added in my VS2008 C# solution a new dll but its output is created only >in its own directory and not copied to the main executable project. >Is there any idea please? >Thanks >Morris You need to add a reference to the dll in your main project. -- Jeff Gaines Dorset UK If it's no...