Blocking mouse clicks #2

In some lengthy operations, I want to change the cursor to a WaitCursor.
I'm using Martyn's CPersistentCursor to hold this WaitCursor.
http://www.codeproject.com/dialog/persistentwaitcursor.asp

But for my surprise, a WaitCursor don't block the mouse clicks.
How could I achieve this?

0
renegade1 (9)
4/21/2005 6:15:53 PM
vc.mfc 33608 articles. 0 followers. Follow

What's wrong with BeginWaitCursor() and EndWaitCursor()?

AliR.

"Renegade" <renegade@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> In some lengthy operations, I want to change the cursor to a WaitCursor.
> I'm using Martyn's CPersistentCursor to hold this WaitCursor.
> http://www.codeproject.com/dialog/persistentwaitcursor.asp
>
> But for my surprise, a WaitCursor don't block the mouse clicks.
> How could I achieve this?

0
AliR1 (391)
4/21/2005 6:20:41 PM
The cursor presented has no effect on mouse messages / clicks as you have
found.
Consider disabling the appropriate controls, dialog, window, or setting a
boolean / using the handle to your lengthy thread to determine if it is
appropriate to respond.

"Renegade" <renegade@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> In some lengthy operations, I want to change the cursor to a WaitCursor.
> I'm using Martyn's CPersistentCursor to hold this WaitCursor.
> http://www.codeproject.com/dialog/persistentwaitcursor.asp
>
> But for my surprise, a WaitCursor don't block the mouse clicks.
> How could I achieve this?

0
Tim
4/22/2005 4:51:28 AM
You have to disable the controls yourself. Changing a cursor has no
impact (and it should not) on mouse being disabled on any window.

--------
Ajay Kalra
ajaykalra@yahoo.com

0
ajaykalra (6842)
4/22/2005 7:50:45 PM
Ajay, BeginWaitCursor does both, changes the cursor to the hourglass and
also disables input.

AliR.

> You have to disable the controls yourself. Changing a cursor has no
> impact (and it should not) on mouse being disabled on any window.
>
> --------
> Ajay Kalra
> ajaykalra@yahoo.com

0
AliR1 (391)

Alternatives to VLOOKUP? #2
Thanks, I'll give it a go -- Peter Bernadyn ----------------------------------------------------------------------- Peter Bernadyne's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=701 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=27463 ...

All Categories in Income and Expense Report by Month #2
Is there any way to get a report for exporting to Excel that will include totals by month for ALL categories (including those with 0.00 balances)? I'm using Money 2003 Deluxe and Business. I have also purchased 2004 Small Business, but it hasn't arrived yet. If it can be done in either version, I would love to know how. Thanks! ...

Outlook ,blocks
When I receive mail in Outlook or Outlook Express, the program blocks almost every time, certainly after I removed some emails ? Define "blocks". The 'block' we're most familiar with is blocked attachments, but it doesn't sound like you are talking about that, but if you are... See http://www.slipstick.com/outlook/esecup/getexe.htm to learn how to get the attachments off. One popular method is Attachment Options from www.slovaktech.com. For more information on the security features, see http://www.slipstick.com/outlook/esecup.htm. If you use OE, hit Forward o...

Double Click record in cont. form and delete the record
I am trying to double click the TransID on continuous form and delete that record. Can someone help me with the code? Anne, Do you not have enough room to put a delete button on the line in your continuous form? I would strongly suggest you create a visible Delete Button on the TransID line because that is the window standard. Double clicking on something to delete it is NOT a window starndard. If I double clicked on something, I would expect to "Open" the TransID detail. I would never ever guess that double clicking it would delete it. Now having stated the...

IMAP and Outlook 2003 #2
I have never used IMAP before, and have just created my first one with Outlook 2003 SP2 11.6568.6568 (because my mail provider now offers 2GB and the user I am configuring this thing for is a novice that find doing daily back-ups difficult). To my amazement, it's bad. Clicking any mail in the IMAP folders means going to the server. I searched around and found in this undated article http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/assistance/HP052425981033.aspx the following: "When you are offline, Outlook connects to the server only when you specify. Outlook does not check LDAP servers ...

2 different recipient update policies
Hello, If i have 2 different RUS policies. Which will be a users default reply address? The lowest prioirty because it is applied last, or the highest priority because it is more important? Thanks The highest priority Recipient Policy that does not exclude the recipient is applied. Good reference: How the Recipient Update Service applies recipient policies http://support.microsoft.com/kb/328738/ -- Bharat Suneja MVP - Exchange www.zenprise.com NEW blog location: www.exchangepedia.com/blog ---------------------------------------------- <aaronw@firstmac.com.au> wrote in message ...

Counter #2
I need to have a counter that will count the number of x's in a column how can this be done? Thanks for the help =COUNTIF(A:A,"X") Regards, Peo Sjoblom "Polina" wrote: > I need to have a counter that will count the number of x's in a column how > can this be done? > > Thanks for the help Thanks very much for all the help "Peo Sjoblom" wrote: > =COUNTIF(A:A,"X") > > > Regards, > > Peo Sjoblom > > "Polina" wrote: > > > I need to have a counter that will count the number of x&#...

One Click Backup
I own multiple computers (6 PC's; yeah I know that's too much). There should be an easier way to transfer my settings from one computer to the other. I carry around my USB everywhere with all my files so it would be great to load my settings from the USB, or have it linked to my hotmail and just load the settings there. For me to change something in Outlook, I currently have to change it 6X for everything. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "...

How can I add a click event to my asp:TreeNode
asp:TreeNode does not have a click event. Seems I remeber that events can be added to controls. If so, how can I add a click event to my asp:TreeNode? Thanks ...

Rules Wizard Problem #2
I am using Outlook 2000 and am one of the people who is having problems with the Rules Wizard. Problem is the Rules Wizard do not/no longer work when I log into my POP3 account. I have to run Run Now for them to work...and then they work like they're suppose to. Any idea how to get them back working when I log into Outlook everytime like they use to? Also, until this gets fixed I would like to be able to select ALL of my rules at once vice having to select them individually. I have about 100 rules and it's a pain to have to select them all one by one. If there is a way to select th...

Blocking email address
we have exchange 2003 server. we wanted to block certain email address so that no one in our organization gets that email. Could anyone tell me how to acheive this? Install an antispam service. Perhaps IMF will allow you to do this. -- Ed Crowley MVP - Exchange "Protecting the world from PSTs and brick backups!" "ANDY" <ANDY@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:44892250-76C8-418D-9705-DAE7F407A699@microsoft.com... > we have exchange 2003 server. we wanted to block certain email address so > that no one in our organization gets that email. Coul...

More than 256 columns? #2
How do I get 1050 columns into Excel? Alternatively, which other tool can I use for this that is not too expensive? You don't. Excel is limited to 256 colums. Two alternatives: 1) Swing your table around, make the colum headings the row headings.... not a good suggestion at all though. 2) Get your data into Access... I guess you already have it. Then run your data analysis in Excel straight from the Access database.... much better. "65538" <65538@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:9C41D68C-CF17-4E48-90E4-9358FEF39967@microsoft.com... > How do I ge...

"Best Practice"
Hello all, I am in the process of setting up new templates for our company. There are quite a few templates, and all have similar characteristics but slightly different information. I am creating them as .dotx files (working in Word 2007). I'm trying to figure out the best way to use Quick Parts within the context of multiple templates. There is some information (for example, addresses of different company locations) that need to be inserted into several of the templates. I'd like to create Quick Parts for doing this, and in fact have done this in one of the templat...

i want 2 add a word to the start of every colum in excel
i have imported some a spread sheet, and i want to edit it and export it. the problem is i want to add "alarms\" before the txt in a colmun there is about 300 rows in the column so it would take to long to type Hi Oliver one method is to use a helper column, insert a blank column to the right of your data (i'm assuming your data is in column A and the new column is therefore B) in B1 type ="alarms\"&A1 press enter move the cursor over the bottom right corner of B1 until you see a + and then double click, this will fill the formula down the column for you now s...

columns #2
How come when I sometimes open Excel.. the columns are headed with numbers and not letters? How do I stop this from happening? Thanks "Jon" <jbauer@accxx.com> wrote in message news:0bab01c34d2b$c93f7ee0$a501280a@phx.gbl... > How come when I sometimes open Excel.. the columns are > headed with numbers and not letters? How do I stop this > from happening? > > Thanks Tools > Options > General tab, uncheck R1C1 reference style. IIRC this is a setting that is taken from the first file opened. So, anytime this happens, change the setting given by Anon,...

pagonis 2 "wrong selection"
I speak a litle English (very good Italian) George 01/01/2004 (selection from list) 31/12/200 (selection from list) Gregory 23/06/2004 (selection from list) 30/12/2004 (selection from list) Peter 01/04/2004 (selection from list) 20/05/2004 (selection from list) etc I have many workers about 150 persons. One of them works from dat 01/01/2004 to 31/12/2004. No continually in the year. For examble fro 03/01/04 to 15/02/04 and 10/03/04 to 10/04/04 etc. If he works in the first period from 03/01/04 to 15/02/04 he take 50,0 � every da...

Blocking image download automatically
Hi all. Is it possible not to download the pictures in html automatically in Office XP as it is in Office 2003? TIA Guy Not exactly since that feature was added in OL2003. You could use the ReadAsPlain feature: http://outlooktips.net/howto/plain_text.htm "Guy Cohen" <noemail@please.com> wrote in message news:emCL34GqFHA.1096@TK2MSFTNGP11.phx.gbl... > Hi all. > Is it possible not to download the pictures in html automatically in > Office XP as it is in Office 2003? Outlook 2002 does not support that feature. -- Bill Rodgers MVP "Guy Cohen" <no...

Archiving issues #2
I have a user who uses his Win XP & Office 2003 laptop at work & away from work. He wanted his mail setup so he could access mail away fom work so i configured his Outlook to work Offline. When i set him up to work offline i archived his mail to his H:/ then imported the contents back so he had the following when he opened his Outlook. Mailbox (John Smith) Archived folders At first everything was fine. Then he started experiencing problems and when he clicked on his archived folders it said inaccessible so i tried to import the H:Archive back into the archived folder within Outloo...

Why aren't blocked senders being blocked?
I have set up a domain as a blocked sender, but I keep getting emails from this blocked domain (e.g. @yahoo.com). This used to work fine in Outlook 2002, but now with 2003, this feature doesn't seem to work. Any ideas? -- Brandon IT Director Office Equipment & Supplies at http://www.presentationsdirect.com ...

Hello #2
Hi, how can I export the excel data to a SQL server 2005 database? thank you. ...

Earn Money by Reading Ads with just a click
Earn Money by Reading Ads with just a click http://www.clixsense.com/?2189583 ...

Billable time reports #2
I am very new to this CRM product, but am desperately trying to create a report just showing cases and amount of billable time spent on them. I have read the threads and it should be easy but I cant even find the billed time field! I also note that someone states that CRM automatically calculates all time spent on the case but where is this shown? Sorry for being a CRM virgin! ...

Exchange Attachment Blocking
During setup Exchange 2003 asked something about attachment blocking, which I said yes to and made sure it had vbs, pif, scr, etc listed...where is this setting if I want to add additional file extensions to the list? I cant seem to find it anywhere. Dave Start here http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;EN-US;290499 Scenario 2. dave wrote: > During setup Exchange 2003 asked something about > attachment blocking, which I said yes to and made sure it > had vbs, pif, scr, etc listed...where is this setting if > I want to add additional file extensions to the li...

out of memory #2
trying to do a mail merge into a postacard format keep getting out of memory, have 1 gb ram What version Publisher? PUB2000: Error: "There is Not Enough Memory to Complete This Operation" Opening Merged Publication http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;236916 Might refresh your MDAC components. http://msdn.microsoft.com/data/ Click on MDAC 2.8 on the right pane. -- Mary Sauer MS MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "bob" <bob@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:4FB82300-1F1B-4ACE-BD7...