attaching child ClistCtrl window to resizable parent Dialog

I'm using Visual C++ 7.0 and MFC

With the Wizard, I created a Dialog Window [which I made resizable].

I've place two ClistCtrls side by side on the top of the dialog.
I'd like to attach the RHS of the rightmost  ctrl to the parent dialog
so that
 when I resize the dialog, the listctrl expands.

Note that I don't explicitly create the listctrls - this ia all behind
the scene.

I only send an initial message to each:

     m_ConfCtrlList.SendMessage(LVM_SETEXTENDEDLISTVIEWSTYLE,0,
        LVS_EX_FULLROWSELECT|LVS_REPORT|LVS_EX_GRIDLINES );

Thanks,
Ihor

0
ikinal (9)
1/14/2008 7:59:37 PM
vc.mfc 33608 articles. 0 followers. Follow

VC++ doesn't not offer this functionality by default.  Since you only have 2
controls that you want to resize, I would suggest that you do it yourself.
You can catch the WM_SIZE (OnSize) message in your dialog and resize the
list controls using SetWindowPos or MoveWindow.

If you really don't want to do that yourself, then you can use this:

http://www.codeproject.com/KB/dialog/easysize.aspx

AliR.

"ikinal" <ikinal@ieee.org> wrote in message
> I'm using Visual C++ 7.0 and MFC
>

> With the Wizard, I created a Dialog Window [which I made resizable].
>
> I've place two ClistCtrls side by side on the top of the dialog.
> I'd like to attach the RHS of the rightmost  ctrl to the parent dialog
> so that
> when I resize the dialog, the listctrl expands.
>
> Note that I don't explicitly create the listctrls - this ia all behind
> the scene.
>
> I only send an initial message to each:
>
>     m_ConfCtrlList.SendMessage(LVM_SETEXTENDEDLISTVIEWSTYLE,0,
>        LVS_EX_FULLROWSELECT|LVS_REPORT|LVS_EX_GRIDLINES );
>
> Thanks,
> Ihor

0
AliR3470 (3235)
1/14/2008 8:03:41 PM
I use this library and it works pretty well. You can use it on all kinds of
dialogs, property sheets, views, etc.

http://www.codeproject.com/KB/dialog/resizabledialog.aspx?df=100&forumid=732&exp=0&select=723578

Tom

"ikinal" <ikinal@ieee.org> wrote in message
> I'm using Visual C++ 7.0 and MFC
>

> With the Wizard, I created a Dialog Window [which I made resizable].
>
> I've place two ClistCtrls side by side on the top of the dialog.
> I'd like to attach the RHS of the rightmost  ctrl to the parent dialog
> so that
> when I resize the dialog, the listctrl expands.
>
> Note that I don't explicitly create the listctrls - this ia all behind
> the scene.
>
> I only send an initial message to each:
>
>     m_ConfCtrlList.SendMessage(LVM_SETEXTENDEDLISTVIEWSTYLE,0,
>        LVS_EX_FULLROWSELECT|LVS_REPORT|LVS_EX_GRIDLINES );
>
> Thanks,
> Ihor

0
tom.nospam (3240)

uuencoded attachment from mailx is embedded instead of attached
Since I applied the August 2004 version of the post ex2000 sp3 roll-up and the latest April Microsoft secuirty patches, when our unix mailx app sends mail to our Exchange 2k server, the uuencoded attachment is embedded in the body of the message instead of being received as an attachment. Being embedded in the message body turns it into unuseable garbage. We have not made any changes to the unix box, only the exchange box. Has anyone else experienced this problem or anyone know what the solution may be? Thanks ...

How to change windows appearance scheme?
Hello, How can I set the windows appearance scheme. Specifically I need to force the appearance scheme to Windows Standard. Also related can the appearance scheme be set to Windows Standard for just the application i.e. without affecting the appearance scheme for other applications and the desktop? Thanks, CarlH. As far as I know, this is not possible. The color scheme is at the discretion of the user. joe On Mon, 31 Jul 2006 12:18:59 -0400, "CharlesC" <Charles@bscinforma.com> wrote: >Hello, > >How can I set the windows appearance scheme. Specifically I ...

Printing

pasting mailing lists into windows vista mail
I have a very long excel spreadsheet with email address in one column. With the older outlook product I was always able to cut and paste the column into the TO field and send mass emailings. Now that I am using winmail I get an error when I try to do this: CHECK NAMES: no matches found ........ I have a clunky work around-I have added semicolins to each email address in the excel sheet but this of course is not a useful permanent fix. Can someone tell me how to turn off the "check names" feature or if this is not possible, how winmail can be used with excel to send...

re-install of Office Standard running Windows 7
I had a problem with my Outlook with error Cannot open" I tried to find a fix but didn't...I decided to uninstall Office. I then tried to re-install and got an error to type a string in the run to get info for customer support. this does not work file not found. If you installed Office from the cd the only thing you are required to enter is the Key "56Triumph T 110" <56TriumphT110@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:DA69BAFD-48D0-4882-93AA-29770AADB4F6@microsoft.com... > I had a problem with my Outlook with error Cannot open" I trie...

Attachment Read only
Hi, When I open a Word attachment - it shows readonly - actually it is not readonly - any ideas? - OL2003 Rgds Dear, It seems you are opening the attachment in OL Reading preview - Open the mail(double click on the mail) and then read the attachment. Hope this helps you more Regards APK "Jsingh" wrote: > Hi, > > When I open a Word attachment - it shows readonly - actually it is not > readonly - any ideas? - OL2003 > > Rgds > Jsingh, you wrote on Tue, 17 Jan 2006 01:03:02 -0800: > When I open a Word attachment - it shows readonly - actually i...

Attach a file in knowledge base
Hi all, Is anyone know that Can we attach a file like PDF or DOC document in an article under the CRM knowledge base? I think it doesn't make sense to only type it in or copy the text into the article. Thanks in advance, DK. I had the same problem and apparently this is not a feature in MS CRM 3.0. According to a CRM representative the answer is that you cannot attach a document to a knowledge base article. "DK" wrote: > Hi all, > > Is anyone know that Can we attach a file like PDF or DOC document in an > article under the CRM knowledge base? I think it doe...

Automaticly open attachment and print attachment
Hello, Is there a way to automaticly open a attachment and print it? I played with the rules wizard but there i can only get the message openend and printed. I use Outlook 2003 Thanks. You'll need a 3rd party utility. Look for solutions here: http://www.slipstick.com/addins/auto.htm -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Author, Teach Yourself Outlook 2003 in 24 Hours Coauthor, OneNote 2003 for Windows (Visual QuickStart Guide) Author, Google and Other Search Engines (Visual QuickStart Guide) Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook-tips.net/ Outlook & Exchange Solutions Center: http:/...

Button on the header of window
Q1: How i can add ones button on a window header (i.e. part of window there placed minmizes and closed button). Q2: I watch in any application amazing scroll bar (which can vary itself color )but in set of controls my computer i cant finde that.Anybody knows what name of one or where this placed. Thanks. Hi ... You can provide a message handler for WM_NCPAINT to draw on the frame window. You can call ::GetSystemMetrics to obtain the size of the frame and system buttons. -- Mark Davis, Longhorn SDK This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights. ...

New Exchange Server with User Accounts in Child Domain
Origianlly I had an NT4 domain with Exchange 5.5. In the past few months we have created a new 2003 domain and created new accounts for our users there. These domain accounts were given permissions to the old Exchange mailboxes. The New domain has a root domain with two child domains. I have installed Exchange 2003 in the root domain. I used ADC to create a connection between the two domain servers. I can see all of the accounts using the 2003 snap-in. But, I cannot move a mailbox from the old Exchange server to the user in the child domain. The option is not displayed in the Exchange ...

attachments do not forward
I want to forward e-mails which come to me with attachments. I want these attachments to forward along with the message and they do not. How can I make this happen? Is there a setting to enable this? ...

integration MDI child views from VC i VB into one MDI App
Hey, I’d like to integrate two applications: First is MDI application written in Visual C++ 6.0. Second is dialog-based application written in Visual Basic 6.0, but I suppose that we can change the main dialogs to MDIChild forms. Both applications are in DLLs at all. Is it possible to use a MDI child forms created in visual basic 6 and in visual studio c++ together in one MDI application? I suppose that main MDI application should be written in VC++, because it’s extremely flexible and I know this environment the best, but maybe I’m wrong :). Maybe for example in C# .net it’d be easier...

Disabling dialog key messages
I have a MFC app with a window included in a frame, used for displaying a DirectX9 window. I'd like,when the user focuses on the Dx9 window, using keys for whatever,to prevent dialog boxes belonging to the app. from retrieving those events.And to enable it once the user focuses no more on the DX9 window but on the main app where the MFC dialog boex and whatever are. What can I do for that? ...

Oulook 2000 Blocking Attachments! Reposted
Hi ONG, I am running Ms-Outlook 2000 Service pack 3, on a Windows pro 2000 Service pack 4. Standalone machine. Recently my mail client has been blocking my email attachments, i have received two replies from the newsgroup describing Level1 security in Outlook, also a link to a site containing all the releative information regarding the subject. But no matter what i try Outlook still wont allow the access to the attachment. I created the new Key and the necessary String Value, i have even tried to use the ( . ) character before the file ext, also i have tried it without the ( .) character, no...

resizing problem with group boxes
hi, i have a dialog based application that has group box controls in it. the group box controls have edit boxes in them. the problem is that when i resize the dialog box, i also resize the group box and all the edit boxes within it. the resizing takes place fine. however the edit controls in the group box get resized twice once with the group box and the next time when done for each edit control. this is causing unnecessary flickering. can any of u guys give me some solutions? regards, kevin You are suggesting that Group Box controls have edit controls "in them". This relationship...

How to Find the Message that contained The Attachment of a Known File-Name.
Is there some way to search through a list of emails in Outlook 2003 to find the one that contains an attachment of a specific file name? I am often trying to track down the message that accompanied an attachment with a known file-name amongst thousands of messages in one mailbox. Regards, AndyH If attached to an Exchange server, I would, as an admin, use a utility server-side. From the client, I'm not sure Outlook can do it on its own. Hopefully, I'm wrong. Some of the desktop search applications have this functionality though. "AndyH" <andyh@triode.net.au&g...

Editing attachments in Outlook XP
If you open a Word doc that is attached to an email & make edits to it, does it save it anywhere else other than in the email? Has anyone ever seen it not save the edits at all? It may be in a secure folder under the Temporary Internet Folder as per http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=296115 "DonnaC" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:052d01c3be9b$44ebd3a0$a101280a@phx.gbl... > If you open a Word doc that is attached to an email & make > edits to it, does it save it anywhere else other than in > the email? > Has anyone ever seen it...

show/hide child splitter window
hi there i have an app which has, as its main view layout, a series of nested splitters one of these nested splitters i want to be a 'dynamically changing splitter layout' that is, the user selects a different task to perform, and this splitter child window 'changes' to show the different task layout the way i have implemented it so far is each Task manager object creates its own child splitter window into the same pane of the main splitter window thus in mainfrm: CSplitterWnd m_wndMainSplitter; m_wndMainSplitter.CreateStatic(...); in TaskMgr1: CSplitterWnd m_wndChil...

attachments.......
Is there a way to only prevent staff from sending attachments internally? I am using Exchange 2003 and office 2003. Thanks, Crank down the internal message size limits to a value that makes sense to you. On Tue, 11 Jan 2005 17:03:07 -0500, "Dooma" <Say-no-to-spam@hotmail.com> wrote: >Is there a way to only prevent staff from sending attachments internally? I >am using Exchange 2003 and office 2003. > > >Thanks, > > ...

Have to scroll to see full list of attachments in Outlook 2007?
A colleague of mine keeps sending me HTML emails in Outlook with multiple attachments, but the full list of attachments does not appear all at once on the screen. There is a scroll bar on the FAR right next to the attachments, and you have to scroll down through the list of attachments to see all of the attachments (I can send a screen shot to better explain this). So for example, if an email has four attachments, I only see the first three on the screen, and then I have to scroll down to see the fourth attachment. This is very confusing as I can easily "miss" an attach...

Remember selections in Table Names Lookup window (Dex Runtime)
In Microsoft Dynamics GP, the user can view details on database tables in the Table Descriptions window (Tools>>Resource Descriptions>>Tables). If the user clicks the elipsis (...) button to the right of the table name, a lookup window opens. The user needs to choose both the product, series, and view by option that he or she is working with, and the list of tables will display. At least 10 times a day I go into this window, and oftentimes I don't select the table I really want first. That means I need to do a second lookup, select the product, series, and view by aga...

print out messages with list of attachments
Hello there, when printing out a message/email in full, how do I get outlook t print the list of attachments? Cheers, Wi ----------------------------------------------- ~~ Message posted from http://www.ExcelTip.com ~~View and post usenet messages directly from http://www.ExcelForum.com found it in the newsgroups :-) http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;821840 ------------------------------------------------ ~~ Message posted from http://www.ExcelTip.com/ ~~View and post usenet messages directly from http://www.ExcelForum.com/ ...

windows mail error 07-11-10
I just recently had a error opening mail - one or more parts could not be displayed, then after ok, there is an error opening this message, not enough memory to display. I went with the previous help and removed my norton 2009 virus protection, saved my email folders, and did removal of procedure of registory and files in mail foder. Upon reboot have same issue, the welcome to windows mail will not open also. I have vista 64 SP2. Any help to correct mail program problem appreciated. Did you run the Norton crud removal utility? http://service1.symantec.com/Support/tsgen...

remove attachment on reply
Some how I have set my outlook to save the replying email as an atachment and I would prefer it just be in the text form like before. Apparently I changed something or hit something that did this and I wold like to fix it. To delete attachments from messages in Outlook: Double-click on the desired message to open it in its own window. Click on the attachment you want to remove with the right mouse button. Select Remove from the menu. Close the message window. Click OK in the Do you want to save changes? dialog. calender, items, reaccuring, wrote: >Some how I have set my...

.xls attachment
Hi, can anyone help me? I'm quite new to the whole computer/techno life and have been trying for over 2 hours to find what I want! A friend has sent an e-mail with an attachment which has a .xls file extension. However I try, I am unable to open the attachment. I've downloaded various software at 'my machine's' recommendation including a works conversion thing for Word but still no luck. I hope it's something really simple which can be sorted by someone with a bit of a clue but I'm starting to get tied up in knots. I wouldn't mind but the attachment soun...