Asynchronous http class library

Does there exist an OO class library for HTTP with non-blocking
support? The one that works w/CInternetSession is defunct, and correct
me if I'm wrong, but it seems the WinInet API needs to allocate a
static function as the callback. From what I can tell, this means the
callback has to use the handle it gets to search throughout the entire
app for the relevant socket. I could fall back on the CAsyncSocket,
but I'd have to implement my own HTTP. Please don't make me write the
HTTP routines from scratch.
vc.mfc 33608 articles. 0 followers. Follow

xsd questions (xsd to classes)
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_0028_01C37925.474263F0 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable Hi, I have some questions regarding to use vs.net to generate xsd from = database tables then generate classes, not typed datasets, from the xsd. Basically I want to have some light-weigh classes to represent the = database tables/views (I know tables/view are not business entities, but = this is a good starting point and i am lazy =3D) Here are what I did: - used xsd.exe to generate business entities,...

Unable to set Left Footer, Page Class Error
I've created a program using VB to generate report in Excel, but it prompt me "Unable to set Left Footer, Page Class Error" and the Excel page doesn't show up. It has to do with the printer connection problem using XP Operating System, because: 1. When I connect my computer to printer, It managed to generate the Excel report 2. In Windows 98, I'm able to generate the Excel report even without connecting my computer to printer Please advise, thanks. Regards, Rianto ...

Class not registered #2
Everytime I try and load an xls file I get the message: "Class not registered. Looking for object with CLSID:{AC9F90-E877-11CE-9F68- 00AA00574A4F}" Excel will load but I can't get the file to open. Any help would be very much appreciated. ...

Problem with inheriting from XmlElement class
Hi! I have this class: public class StoredItemElement : XmlElement { protected internal StoredItemElement(string prefix, string localName, string namespaceUri, XmlDocument doc) : base(prefix, localName, namespaceUri, doc) { } .... } which inherits from XmlElement. But when I try this: XmlDocument doc = new XmlDocument(); doc.Load("File.xml"); StoredItemElement element = (StoredItemElement)doc.SelectSingleNode("//item"); I get InvalidCastException, but I don't know where the problem is. Can you help me? Thanks in advance. Compic wrote: > I have this...

Sharepoint e-mail enabled document library
Was this option taken away or hidden in the Sharepoint that powers the Business Portal? Thanks. -Joe ...

How to send request by HTTP POST method in VBS script?
We have a content which need to send out by HTTP request, but it is too big for HTTP GET method, Is it possible to send request by HTTP POST method in VBS script? and how? Seems there are some ActiveX can serve this, such as http://www.example-code.c...ipt/http_post_form.asp But can we send request via HTTP POST method by VBS script, without any additional ActiveX? "Shucheng Liu" wrote: > We have a content which need to send out by HTTP request, but it is too big > for HTTP GET method, Is it possible to send request by HTTP POST method in > VBS script? a...

G/L Export
The accounting configuration menu or the Assign G/L Accounts menu should have a field available to enter the name of a Quickbooks class. The class should be inserted into the journal entry posted or created for Quickbooks. It could be something like the field for what account to use for Bills. With a drop down list or a text field. Mike McCormick ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, fol...

HTTP Error 403
Hi, We have MOSS 2007 installed on a Windows Server 2008 Standard Edition and running for 6 months. Our users suddenlly started to get the HTTP Error 403 - Forbidden. The problems appeared after 3 Windows Server 2008 hot fixes applied. I uninstalled them, without success. Tried to reinstall .NET 2.0. The error shows up even logging with a domain admin account. On Event Viewer, I found the Event Code: 4011 error on application log: Event code: 4011 Event message: An unhandled access exception has occurred. Event time: 12/02/2010 10:48:18 Event time (UTC): 12/02/2010 12:48:...

CRM Error An HTTP status code of -1
Well this seems to be a new problem on our server. I can no longer get to the URL from the server. it is just called CRMWEB and it won't come up anymore. Users can get to it from their workstations but not the server. the biggest problem is they can't send email anymore from CRM. some of the errors i'm getting in the event log...both have source as CrmExchangeQueueServ The message 'GV Covers & Contents' failed to deliver to all servers. An HTTP status code of -1 was returned while attempting to deliver a message. Message subject: 'GV Covers & Contents&...

Web Service returning class in XML with namespace information
Hi All, I am trying to return a class from a Webservice without having to deal with xmlns:xsd and xmlns:xsi. I have to get rid of those because this is sent over an expensive network and I'd like to minimize the cost. I've seen posts that show how to do this, but it didn't work for me. Here is what I've done so far: public class clsQueTrans { public string label; public byte[] data; } [WebMethod] public clsQueTrans GetNextMessage(string queueName) { clsQueTrans qt = new clsQueTrans(); qt.label = "fing"; qt.data = new byte[10]; for(int i = 0; i <...

How to properly thread a singleton class?
Im new to threading and am experiencing some confusion as to how to correctly use AfxBeginThread in my singleton class. The code that I want to thread out is in a single function, Init(). Is AfxBeginThread the right way to thread off a single worker thread? It seems like it. But what are the correct args for it, my code wont compile. And does my class need to be restructured? How? Thanks, Bryan I have this: class CHandler { public: ~CHandler(void); static CHandler& Instance(); bool GetInitialized() { return m_initialized; } private: CHandler(void); ...

OLE Drag & Drop with non CView class
Hello everyone, Drag & Drop works for CView class, but I am trying to implement OLE Drag&Drop between two different CWnd derived classes. I tried the get the class where the drop target should happen by double inheritance from CWnd and COleDropTarget in order to receive all dropping messages. In this case I got ambiguous conversions for the message map of a button (CButton) which is children for the drop target window . If I get rid of this message from message map it compiles without errors. I need to get this problem around somehow. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Re...

Where is the class wizard in VC2003!!!!
Hello group: I've updated the VC6 to VC2003, but I'm surprise!!!! I have two problem: 1. where is the class wizard? I don't see. 2. How can I insert the CDaoRecordset/CDaoRecordview class in a proyect? Thanks in advance. ...

RPC / HTTP slow on Outlook 2003
I just installed SP1 for E2k3 on my backend mail servers. I have OWA running on a FE server which maps RPC / HTTP out through ISA. Our mail system is in top shape, however since adding the SP1 to Exchange my remote users are complaining that they now get slow mail service using RPC / HTTP with Outlook 2003 (used to be speedy). I tested it myself externally and confirmed it is darn slow now, with a lot of 'waiting for exchange server' pop ups. The only other item I added to Exchange servers is the latest version of Symantec AV for Exchange, and the server client. Any tools ava...

Transfer Between Classes
I have a checking account, in which I've used Classification 1 and called it Checking. I've established classes, under Checking, named savings, emergency, cash. I want to transfer from one class to another in the checking account. However, when attempting to do this, I receive an error that I can't transfer from/to the same account, even though the classifications are different. Any idea as to how this is done? You can't it and it probably isn't sensible to try. That's like Transferring between, say, Food:Groceries and Automobile:Gasoline. If you classified a ...

Nested or Inner Classes
How do you represent a nested, or inner class in Visio? For instance: Public Class SomePublicClass Private ICVar as new InnerClass Private Class InnerClass 'Implementation End Class End Class It looks like the UML for this is a line with a circle at the end, and a plus (+) sign in the circle. However, I can't find this anywhere in Visio, and I'm not sure how to model this. Thanks in advance, and I apologize if I'm not clear enough. I'll gladly add more detail if necessary... ...

Default MESSAGE CLASS for mailboxes
Hi there, Is it possible to change the default message-class that is attached to Outlook(2002) folders when a new mailbox is created? Specifically, I'd like any newly created mailbox (on our Exchange2000 server) to have IPM.Appointment.MyAppointment as the default message class for the Calendar folder (rather than IPM.Appointment). Alternatively - is it possible to change the default message class of the Calendar folder from VB? (the property seems to be Read-Only, even though it is editable via the user interface by picking the relevant form). Thanks! Uri. ...

In Dialog Based application are you Create View class.
Hai, In Dialog Based application are you Create View class. Thank you, Bye You should not need a view a MFC Dialog based appliation. If you do, look at SDI/MDI instead. You can use a CFormView based view which uses a dialog as a template in Doc/View paradigm. --------- Ajay Kalra ajaykalra@yahoo.com You can create a view in a dialog: http://www.codeproject.com/docview/dfv.asp But I haven't seen that done very often. I tend to just use an SDI or MDI framework for anything that needs a view class. Tom "jagadeesh" <jagadeeshbabu.mca@gmail.com> wrote in mes...

Change Password from RPC/HTTP(s) Connection in Outlook
I have a ton of clients which I have setup to use an RPC proxy in Outlook 2003 so that they can use Outlook and not OWA, from outside of the local network. One thing I find now that is becoming an issue is that there is no real good way for a user who is never physically plugged into our network, to change his/her password. OWA is able to do this, and on the fly I set that up, which is super ugly though. This got me thinking to ask, if anyone knows of a way for users to update their passwords with the Outlook client. Seems that Microsoft seriously overlooked this in their design of Outlook...

automatic redirection of HTTP requests to SSL
I am trying to configure the automatic redirection of HTTP requests to SSL requests for OWA. I have followed the instructions given at the end of http://www.msexchange.org/pages/article_p.asp?id=662 but get a 403 'You are not authorised to view this page' message I am trying to configure this in a front end back end configuration of Exchange 2003 sp1 on Windows 2003 sp1 configuration. Connecting directly using https works successfully so it is only the redirection that is failing. Can anyone please provide assistance? -- Many Thanks "Nikrep" <Nikrep@discussi...

Pushing data onto an HTTP server.
Hello all, I have an application that may have to push JPG type images onto an HTTP server. A quick question for the gurus that hang around here .. I see that I can establish an HTTP connection via class CHttpConnection, but I'm not sure what has to be done at the MFC application end (the pusher) and at the HTTP server end. I suspect I have to tell the webmaster to run a CGI script that will accept the image. Does the Webmaster have to do anything else? Secondly, what do I have to do at the application end? I have to bundle up the image and transmit it along the connection. Is...

Office 2008 components deleted from mac library. How to get them b
I'm using a Macbook running Leopard. I recently attempted to delete my browsing history on my Macbook (I went to Finder, clicked on Search For in the sidebar, clicked All Documents, and dragged them all to the trash). Obviously my intention was only to delete the history but in fact I ended up deleting every document I ever opened on the computer. There was no option to undo, or to restore the files (approximately 9000) to their original location, so I had to just drag them out of the trash to the desktop and manually sort them back to their original location. That worked for mos...

Dexterity Class
Has anyone taken the Dexterity I class? was it worth the time? Also when I look at the training schedules, that class is not scheduled very often? Does MBS ever offer training classes in Fargo? thanks! -- Doug Hi Doug As a Certified Dexterity trainer who has run the class numerous times in the US and the Asia Pacific region, I would say that attending a Dexterity class is extremely worthwhile. The Dexterity class will give you all the foundations to allow you to work with Dexterity and to create integrating applications/customisations to Great Plains. Even, though you can purcha...

Serialize class to string?
How do you use the XmlSerializer to serialise a class instance to a string as opposed to a file or stream? Thanks Ben Fidge was answered for example in this thread [0] -- HTH Christoph Schittko [MVP] Software Architect, .NET Mentor [0] http://dbforums.com/arch/73/2002/10/516420 "Ben Fidge" <ben.fidge@btopenworld.com> wrote in message news:#007uUmxDHA.2304@TK2MSFTNGP12.phx.gbl... > How do you use the XmlSerializer to serialise a class instance to a string > as opposed to a file or stream? > > Thanks > > Ben Fidge > > ...

xsi:schemaLocation in xmldatadocument class
I am creating an xmldatadocument from an acess database with visual basic. Here is the header code I am using: Dim xmldcl As XmlDeclaration = myDoc.CreateXmlDeclaration("1.0", "UTF-8", "yes") Dim newElem As XmlElement = myDoc.CreateElement("sender") newElem.SetAttribute("schemaVersion", "1.0") newElem.SetAttribute("xmlns", "http://www.somewhere.org") newElem.SetAttribute("xmlns:xsi", "http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema-instance") newElem.SetAttribute(&q...