Async I/O and blocking

I cannot find (even on google groups) a discussion thread a while back where someone gave
a reference to an article describing when asynchronous I/O is actually blocking.
Conditions such as appending to a file were among the reasons.  I'm having trouble
remembering appropriate keywords that might have appeared in the article, and my attempts
have been futile.  Anyone remember the article referenced?
				thanks
					joe
Joseph M. Newcomer [MVP]
email: newcomer@flounder.com
Web: http://www.flounder.com
newcomer (15973)
1/7/2006 4:16:27 AM
vc.mfc 33608 articles. 0 followers. Follow

There is a KB article. I guess the search keywords would be overlapped or
synchronous.

>I cannot find (even on google groups) a discussion thread a while back
>where someone gave
> a reference to an article describing when asynchronous I/O is actually
> blocking.
> Conditions such as appending to a file were among the reasons.  I'm having
> trouble
> remembering appropriate keywords that might have appeared in the article,
> and my attempts
> have been futile.  Anyone remember the article referenced?
> thanks
> joe
> Joseph M. Newcomer [MVP]
> email: newcomer@flounder.com
> Web: http://www.flounder.com

alegr (1131)
1/7/2006 5:06:12 AM
I know, I had read it and was looking for it again.

Due to terminal brain damage, probably caused by hanging around VS.NET people, the MSDN
only reveals the first 500 hits, which is remarkably stupid given that there is no way to
change this value.  So most searches I did had more than 500 hits.  I was hoping someone
would remember the KB ID.  Sigh.
				joe