assertion failure on adding control variable

hi,

i have placed an activex controll for real player on my
dialog box. but when i run it after adding a member
variable for the control, getting an assertion failure. it
comes only when the dialog box is closed. no error comes
after placing the control and then running it.error comes
only if the member variable is added.
could anyone tell me why this happens and how to solve it.

thanks
anu
0
anu (49)
9/13/2003 9:50:50 AM
vc.mfc 33608 articles. 0 followers. Follow

Since you don't tell us what the assertion failure is or where it occurs, it is sort of
hard to guess what in the world you are talking about. Note that every assertion failure
tells you all this information.
					joe

On Sat, 13 Sep 2003 02:50:50 -0700, "anu" <anu@transversalnet.com> wrote:

>hi,
>
>i have placed an activex controll for real player on my
>dialog box. but when i run it after adding a member
>variable for the control, getting an assertion failure. it
>comes only when the dialog box is closed. no error comes
>after placing the control and then running it.error comes
>only if the member variable is added.
>could anyone tell me why this happens and how to solve it.
>
>thanks
>anu

Joseph M. Newcomer [MVP]
email: newcomer@flounder.com
Web: http://www.flounder.com
newcomer (15974)
9/15/2003 6:24:10 AM
hello

i am getting the assertion failure in wincore.cpp at
ASSERT(pWnd != NULL);

LRESULT CALLBACK
AfxWndProc(HWND hWnd, UINT nMsg, WPARAM wParam, LPARAM
lParam)
{
	// special message which identifies the window as
using AfxWndProc
	if (nMsg == WM_QUERYAFXWNDPROC)
		return 1;

	// all other messages route through message map
	CWnd* pWnd = CWnd::FromHandlePermanent(hWnd);
	ASSERT(pWnd != NULL);
	ASSERT(pWnd->m_hWnd == hWnd);
	return AfxCallWndProc(pWnd, hWnd, nMsg, wParam,
lParam);
}

if u need more information please let me know
regards
 anu

0
anu (49)
9/15/2003 1:24:31 PM
There are lots of asserts in wincore.cpp; when the assert comes up it gives you a line #.
Why is that hard to reveal?

It looks like the handle is not in the permanent handle map, which means that it is likely
the window has not been created. If it has been created, you have not created a variable
to reference it, which is one of the ways of forcing it into the permanent map.
					joe

On Mon, 15 Sep 2003 06:24:31 -0700, "anu" <anu@transversalnet.com> wrote:

>hello
>
>i am getting the assertion failure in wincore.cpp at
>ASSERT(pWnd != NULL);
>

>LRESULT CALLBACK
>AfxWndProc(HWND hWnd, UINT nMsg, WPARAM wParam, LPARAM
>lParam)
>{
>	// special message which identifies the window as
>using AfxWndProc
>	if (nMsg == WM_QUERYAFXWNDPROC)
>		return 1;
>
>	// all other messages route through message map
>	CWnd* pWnd = CWnd::FromHandlePermanent(hWnd);
>	ASSERT(pWnd != NULL);
>	ASSERT(pWnd->m_hWnd == hWnd);
>	return AfxCallWndProc(pWnd, hWnd, nMsg, wParam,
>lParam);
>}
>
>if u need more information please let me know
>regards
> anu

Carriage returns in control source
I'm trying to format my control source in a report. Currently I am using the format [field1] & " " & [field2] & " " & [field3] to concatenate data. Instead of adding a space between the fields, I want to add a carriage return and drop the next field to the next line and so on so that each 'field' is really on it's own line. I don't want to make three separate text fields to accomplish this task because I need to have the retrieved data aligned equally with each other, and if [field2] is null, I want to have [field3] 'move up...

Revoked Certificate in AD DS
Hi All, Does anyone know if why when I revoke a Windows Server 2008 R2 certificate and publish a new CRL, the cert. still appears in the user's 'Published Certificates' tab within ADUC? Shouldn't the cert. be removed from the user's object too? Thanks All. No. There is no way to know where this exists from the servers point of view. He just publishes a crl and lets the cleints manage from there. -- Paul Bergson MVP - Directory Services MCTS, MCT, MCSE, MCSA, Security+, BS CSci 2008, 2003, 2000 (Early Achiever), NT4 Microsoft's Thrive IT Pro of t...

Getting error when adding Optional element as part of Unique Key.
No content in your message ... can you repost? -- HTH Christoph Schittko [MVP] Software Architect, .NET Mentor "Peruris" <peruri@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:OlHgiWuqDHA.576@TK2MSFTNGP10.phx.gbl... > > ...

ASSERT
The WM_CREATE documentation says that: Return Value If an application processes this message, it should return zero to continue creation of the window. If the application returns 1, the window is destroyed and the CreateWindowEx or CreateWindow function returns a NULL handle ...but if I return 1, the window is not destroyed. What is wrong? The return value for a failed creation is -1, not 1, it's also what the documentation says, i believe that's the problem. "Ander" <a69032@gaviota.tecnun.es> escribi� en el mensaje news:059301c37059$5f1b49d0$a101280a@phx.gbl...

adding background to document
I am using 0ffice 2007. I have completed my document in word and added backgroung. However, when I print my document there is no background. Again in word I see the background but in print preview it is not there. Can you help. Carol Ring wrote: > I am using 0ffice 2007. I have completed my document in word and added > backgroung. However, when I print my document there is no background. > Again in word I see the background but in print preview it is not > there. Can you help. Go to Office button > Word Options > Display. In the Printing Options section, chec...

Adding gifs to excel
Hello all excel mates Id like to know if its possible to add gifs to excel, when i add them as a image the gif is show with out motion. I do not want to save the file as html because then i can not search the whole document / sheets for a single word as when i search for a word on an excel file and not html i can select the search in work book from the advanced options. Please help. -- rmetanes ------------------------------------------------------------------------ rmetanes's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=28615 View this thread: http://www....

Problem with getting a size of CListCtrl control.
I've a code like follow: CRect rect; m_cList.GetClientRect(&rect); rect.NormalizeRect(); int nColInterval = rect.Width(); m_cList is object of CListCtrl class. It is control in dialog and it is about 100x100 points size but rect.Width() returns a large results (a few tousand points). What is wrong in above code? Maybe something wrong is with a control? Because when I call m_cList.InsertColumn(0, _T("Name"), LVCFMT_LEFT, nColWidth); and before nColWidth is set for 50 for example. Anything happened. I don't see any column with "Name" name on List control. Th...

CString ASSERTions
I keep getting ASSERTions in the CString constructor, at the line ASSERT(stringSrc.GetData()->nRefs != 0); All I'm doing is returning a CString member variable from a class. When I do, I get the ASSERT. What am I doing wrong? -- Thanks, Brian Toothill CString only has one member variable, m_pchData, and it's protected. What does your function look like? "Brian Toothill" <.> wrote in message news:#iClwSmhDHA.2512@TK2MSFTNGP09.phx.gbl... > I keep getting ASSERTions in the CString constructor, at the line > > ASSERT(stringSrc.GetData()->nRefs !=...

Does Access store data in fixed lenght or variable length format
Hi, This is just for my own education and curiosity. Does anyone know if Access stores it data records in a fixed length or variable length records / rows? I realize that the answer is some what immaterial as it works the way it does, but as I said I would like to know for my own knowledge. Thanks, -- Dennis On Sat, 9 Jan 2010 20:27:01 -0800, Dennis <Dennis@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >Hi, > >This is just for my own education and curiosity. Does anyone know if Access >stores it data records in a fixed length or variable length records / r...

impact of adding index to column
Where I work we have a SQL Server 2005 DB. There has recently been a new business requirement that will require that we do regular (daily) updates to one of our primary tables. This update will be based on the value of a non-index varchar column. In other words the WHERE clause for the update includes a condition on this non-indexed column. This column was added when the table was originally created, without any knowledge of how the column might need to be used. Now (some 10 years after the original DB design) the column is used for many different purposes and therefore holds many...

Control Toolbox
Thanks for your help - I am trying now to do this but if I want to use Control buttons instead of Forms toolbar, how do I get them to work - with forms you use the cell link and then if you click no. 1 you get 1 in the cell clicking on 2 gives you 2 in the cell and so on - i am using these so that in another sheet I can use an if statement to bring in text. Any ideas?? Ann Try to keep to a single thread if the question is just a follow up. This way it's easier for everyone to track. Just hit reply to group or whatever the button is on your news reader. Go to design mode. Choos...

Adding UserId in desktop shortcut
Hello. I have an application that requires user and password to enter. It's a web based app. What i'm looking for is a way to add the user Id to the shortcut, so that i only need to enter the password. Is this possible? Thanks. Luis You need to set these settings in web browser. In IE8 you have to do the following: 1) Tools, Internet Options, 2) Now Click on Content tab 3) Click on Settings Button 4) Put check marks against: Forms, Usernames & Passwords, Ask me before saving passwords. If you do this, you will have access to your programs without ente...

assertion
Hello, When running my mfc application I get a popup window giving me an assert error. The program compiles\links ok. Debug Assertion Failed Program : C:\.... File : dlgdata.cpp Line: 44 Have done a bit of debugging. The problem occurs during OnInitDialog() BOOL CReceiverDlg::OnInitDialog() { CDialog::OnInitDialog(); <-- get error when run this function. // more code... } The assertion occurs when executing the If sentence below, BOOL CDialog::OnInitDialog() { //more code if (!UpdateData(FALSE)) { TRACE(traceAppMsg, 0, "Warning: UpdateData failed during dialog init.\n&...

Adding back a server
I mistakingly removed a server from the First Administrative Group/Servers folder in the system manager. Does anyone know how to add it back? "Bellerophon" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >I mistakingly removed a server from the First >Administrative Group/Servers folder in the system >manager. Does anyone know how to add it back? reinstall the server. -- Rich Matheisen MCSE+I, Exchange MVP MS Exchange FAQ at http://www.swinc.com/resource/exch_faq.htm ...

cannot connect to ad lds using adsi
Hello this is the error: Operation Failed "0x8007203A: The server is not operational" Under connection point I have entered the Distinguished name of the AD LDS partition and under computer I have specified the ip address of the server holding the partiton along with the LDAP port number. I want to add an OU but I cannot connect using adsi edit, any help much appreciated thank you -- aconti ------------------------------------------------------------------------ aconti's Profile: http://forums.techarena.in/members/73272.htm View this thread: http://foru...

adding time and splitting the answer
Is it possible to add time (minutes) and come up with a total of hours and minutes BUT then put the total number of hours in one cell and the left over minutes in a different cell? I thought I sent this before but can't find it nor did I ever receive an email back. If it's been answered, I'm sorry. But perhaps it cannot be done? (We use Excel 2003.) Hi, For hours =A1/(24*60) format as [hh] for minutes =MOD(A1,60) format as general Mike "ramona" wrote: > Is it possible to add time (minutes) and come up with a total of hours and > ...

CAsyncSocket::DoCallBack, the ASSERT
Hi, I have an MFC application using CAsyncSocket and I have a problem when I try to close the socket. CAsyncSocket occasionally asserts while accepting connections in CAsyncSocket::DoCallBack, the ASSERT just below the "Must be in the middle of an Accept call" comment. I wonder if anyone is familiar with this problem. Thank you, Adrian It sounds like something is calling the callback function prior to the call to Accept. When the socket is created, what events are you handling? -- Frank "Adrian Rapiteanu" <adrian_rapiteanu@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:eGy...

control buttons for chart
I'm using Excel 2007; I have a table linked to my chart. I'm filtering the table on two different columns (produce grade and customer) to produce the charts that I want (CM%). It works great. I need to control the table (chart) filters from the face of the Chart and keep the table sheet hidden. Thus, I'd like to add two buttons to the chart face to control the filtering. How do I reference a control to a table filter? And also I'll need to make it clear the filter (since I'm using two independent filters) before each attempted change. Ideas anyone? Never Mi...

Server Failure 131
I am getting the following error: Server Failure 131: A server failure occured while attempting to read the current batch This error started and we are unable to determine why were are getting it and we are only getting it in one of our stores? Any ideas? This usually happens when something the current batch is using gets deleted. Things like Sales Taxes or Tender Types are the most likely, and the only way I've seen this happen is by deleting/updating records directly in the database via SQL. I'm pretty sure that when I saw this error it was when I was rebuilding Tender Typ...

Adding up several cells
I'm sure this is really easy but I am getting into circular reference errors - I have two cells - one is a running total the other a user input figure that needs to be appended to the running total every time. so if the running total stands at 0, the user inputs 10 into the second cell and the running total updates to 10. If the second cell is then changed to 15, the running total should reflect 25. Is this possible?? thanks Right click sheet tab>view code>insert this. Now when you change a3 cell b3 will reflect the increase Private Sub Worksheet_Change(ByVal target As Exce...

Adding costs for parent item on the BOM with Standard costs report
I want to add the following cost for the parent item on the BOM with Standard costs report: Material cost Material fixed OH cost Labor cost Labor fixed OH cost How can I add the above on the report? Does anyone have information about adding the above fields on the report? Thanks, ...

Unique Control Names
Hello, I know that each control on a form/report has to be unique, but do they have to be unique to the whole .mdb project? I haven't encountered any problems with a Customers form where I can use txtCustomerId, txtFirstName, txtLastName, and etc. I do, however, have my fields in the tables unique by prefixing them with the name of the table they reside such as a Customers table (i.e. lngCustId, strCustFirstName, strCustLastName, and etc.). I am using Access 2003. Thanks for your help. Regards, Paul Paul, Control name only have to be unique in each form or report. The same ...

Adding worksheet at the end of workbook.
Hi All, I am working on excel automation using MFC. I want to add one worksheet at the end of the current workbook. Currently I am using Worksheets::Add(Before, after, Count,Type) method. i am passing optional parameter like this: COleVariant oOleVarOptional(DISP_E_PARAMNOTFOUND,VT_ERROR); _Worksheet m_oNewSheet = m_oSheets.Add(oOleVarOptional,oOleVarOptional, oOleVarOptional, oOleVarOptional) So it is adding the sheet before the current active sheet. But i am not getting what to pass for "after" in order to add the sheet at the end. Can anybody help me regarding this.....

Curser Movement control
Hi, Usually, when I press tab, the curser will move to the next cell on the right. If I press enter, the curser will move down one row on the same column. How can I, say, move the curser 5 cells to the right when I press Tab key or Enter Key? Thank You. GL One way to explicitly control the exact "next cell of focus" selection, is to select the cells in the desired order of travel, and then preserve this ordered movement by creating a named range. This old post describes the steps that can be taken to create such a "named range". http://tinyurl.com/39vzv -- HTH, RD...

Asserts in Vista
I've alredy know, that ASSERT macro in drivers doesn't cause BSOD in vista and further. But in user-mode applications assert is also doesn't cause the debug prompt dialog "Break, Retry, Ignore". For the drivers, I can use NT_ASSERT, but what can I do in user mode? How can I make it stop on assertion and wait until I connect debugger? ...