Application navigation

1.Whenever i navigate my MFC application to another application ,all dialog
boxes are displaying in another application also.My dialog box
style(property) is popup if i make style property as CHILD it is not at all
displaying. How can i solve this problem.
2. Once i minimise my MFC application If i try to maximize by clicking or
pressing alt + tab my MFC application is not maximising , i used OnActivate
event in frame window inside i have handled WA_ACTIVE and WA_CLICKACTIVE.
3.To refresh my application how can i get all control hanles for example
frame window, dialog box etc.

vc.mfc 33608 articles. 0 followers. Follow

Clicking one application's buttons from another application
Hello, I'd like to write an application that can click the buttons of another application running on the same machine. All my application knows about the target application is its name, the name of the window containing the buttons, and the name of the buttons. Can someone further my education in this matter in some way. Thanks, Ray Mitchell This is tricky, but possible. I actually do it in a little utility I wrote to move Outlook filters down, since the "Move Down" button doesn't autorepeat and when you have 850 anti-spam filters it becomes a bit unwieldy. What yo...

Application exiting with return Code 3 and ExitInstance not called neither destructors
Hey Friends It seems that i have done something very mysterious as my Application is exiting with return Code 3 and ExitInstance is not not called neither destructors. Plz Help "Vikrant_kpr" <bhatia.manish@netsity.com> wrote in message news:f62362ec.0307170549.7af528cf@posting.google.com... > Hey Friends > It seems that i have done something very mysterious as my Application > is exiting with return Code 3 and ExitInstance is not not called > neither access violation? Dear Antonio Mazzeo I have corrected the problem,it was causing due to Splash Screen Compone...

running another application from my application
Hello, I have an MDI application that on a specific case runs a 3rd party application. I use PeekMessage so my application will be drawn corretly while working on the 3rd party app. I want to prevent the user from doing anything in my application while te 3rd party app is running, until the user closes the 3rd party application. Also I want my application to be shown correctly (handle WM_PAINT, WM_DRAW etc.). Currently my application is displayed very well, but the user may do things in my application while the 3rd party app is running. I use the following code (pseuo): BOOL bRetVal = CreateP...

Ideas for a Dept Level Application Support
We have an IT group that supports 50 applications and they wish to capture support time by application during course of the year. During the course of a week, any application or combination of applications can have support requests, so it is different week to week and not predictable. Essentially we are looking to park the time with appropriate application after the work is complete. We are using Project Server 2007 and have investigated the following: 1. Created a Annual Support workplan with a task per application in Project Pro with the IT group added as Enterprise resourc...

DLLs being loaded for all applications
I get the following warning at system startup: "Custom dynamic link libraries are being loaded for every application. The system administrator should review the list of libraries to ensure they are related to trusted applications." How do I review the list of libraries and how do I eliminate any that should be removed? ...

Help in creating dialog based application
Hi, I am creating a dialog based application which has a main dialog with 3 buttons. 1. Address Book 2. Student List 3. Course List with which i can go to any one of the screens(which is again the dialog). when i click address book button my main dialog should be hidden/closed and i should open the address book dialog which has again some button to navigate back to main dialog/student list/course list. same kind of functionality for other two dialogs(student/course list). i thought of creating all the 3 dialogs as modeless and main dialog as parent but how i will inform the parent window to ...

Navigational Links Disappear When I Hover Over Them!
I am having a problem on only ONE (1) computer, which is a Desktop PC and is updated with the most recent updates from MS Windows/IE 8. I have designed a websites using Spry Menus. When viewing this website on several computers, it appears to working perfectly on all computers, except for this one computer... When you hover over one of the Navigational Text Links, the remaining Nav Links disappear (this should NOT be happening!). When tested in every other browser or any other computer (including Internet Explorer on these other computers) it seems to work as it should - the ...

Converting Console Application to win32 application
I have created an MFC console application. When I run it from Windows Explorer it opens a dos box and closes the box when it terminates it logic. Is it possible to convert it so it won't open the dos box - just run without any display? If positive, please help me regarding the steps. Thanks Kalish I am not sure if you can compile MFC with a standard win32 application, but if you can, then you can simply change your main to a WinMain, and you will have the result you want. Create a Win32 Project using the Wizard, and selection Windows Application, to see an example. Remove everthing ...

is there a hotel management excel application?
The subject says is all... TIA Martyn Hi Martyn, See response to your thread in Programming. --- Regards, Norman "Cheker" <zoomer@gmail.com> wrote in message news:eNJLsRRqEHA.348@TK2MSFTNGP15.phx.gbl... > The subject says is all... > TIA > Martyn > > > ...

MSMQ ... authenticating application
A number of application stores messages in MSMQ. One of the server application needs to read messages that was created/stored by specific applications not to read all the messages in MSMQ. Is there any workarounds? Thank you Regards Raj "Raj" <Raj@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:6917708E-88B1-497B-A888-5038ACEA17CE@microsoft.com... >A number of application stores messages in MSMQ. One of the server > application needs to read messages that was created/stored by specific > applications not to read all the messages in MSMQ. > ...

DLL
Is there any way to detect when an application that is calling my dll is about to be destroyed? I need to close several files if the calling application has not done so, therefore I need to detect when the calling application is about to be destroyed and clean up the files and variables I have used in the dll. You need to implement DllMain, the handle your cleanup tasks when you receive a PROCESS_DETACH notification. Check out: http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/default.asp?url=/library/en-us/vccore/html/_core_initialize_non.2d.mfc_dlls.asp "Joe Estock" <jestock@NOSPAMnutexto...

MFC applications and Visual C++'s newer editions
Hello. When it comes to Win32, Visual Studio .NET 2005 Express Edition Beta 2 only allows the creation of console-based applications. What if one wanted to create MFC-based applications and, at the same time, be able to take advantage of the powerful and conforming C++ compiler that comes with the package? I hope that resorting to Visual C++ 6.0 is not the only option. Thank you, -- Ney Andr� de Mello Zunino "Ney Andr� de Mello Zunino" <zunino@inf.ufsc.br> wrote in message news:%23FuRyAcXFHA.584@TK2MSFTNGP15.phx.gbl... > Hello. > > When it comes to Win32, Vi...

Telnet application
Greets, Quick question.... If I was to write a VB6 app for configuring an IP device using Telnet, would it be more advantageous to use the Winsock control, or the INet control for the telnet session ? The device has the telnet server, I just need to write a GUI that uses telnet as a client to communicate with the device, and then present the configuration info in a typical GUI way. TIA, DanS "DanS" <t.h.i.s.n.t.h.a.t@r.o.a.d.r.u.n.n.e.r.c.o.m> wrote in message news:Xns9CEA5E17494CEthisnthatroadrunnern@216.196.97.131... > Greets, > > Quick...

Cannot right click Navigation Bar to get "View By" option in Access 2007
We have many Access databases and one refused to respond to a right mouse click on the navigation bar to allow us to view the details for the access objects. Has anyone else ran into this problem? If so did you resolve it and how? Any assistance would be GREATLY appreciated! -Tim ...

Using MABLE logic engine with existing .NET applications.
Using MABLE logic engine with existing .NET applications. MABLE web services provide an interface to MABLE business objects and logic. Let us review some technical details of the MABLE web services. � MABLE utilizes SOAP 1.2 protocol. � MABLE uses AXIS 1.4 as a web service transport. � MABLE support state-full conversations by implementing a conversation session. In this small article we will create a client application that use the MABLE 'Store' application MABLE Web Service client has to maintain a state-full conversation with the MABLE engine. The best way to handle this is...

Hiding application
Hello, How can I hide my application from the user? I don't want him to see it in Task Manager, Task Bar, etc. Regards, Vladimir. "Vladimir" <genisoft@ufacom.ru> wrote in message news:ueUr72idDHA.736@TK2MSFTNGP09.phx.gbl... > Hello, > > How can I hide my application from the user? I don't want him to see it > in > Task Manager, Task Bar, etc. Make it a service. -- -GJC -Software Consultant (Embedded systems and Real Time Controls) -gchanson@mvps.org -Abolish public schools It'll be still visibled, and killable by administrator - li...

Change 1 dialog application to 2 dialogs applications?
Hi, I have made a mfc dialog based application. Now I want to change it to 2 dialogs, one wizzard and one classic, and i want the 2 dialog can call each other. So I change the codes in App::InitInstance() { ..... while (CGlobal::Get()->m_eView!=CGlobal::Quit) { WizzardDlg dlg0; CClassicDialog dlg1; CDialog *pdlg=0; if (CGlobal::Get()->m_eView==CGlobal::Wizzard) { pdlg = &dlg0; } else if (CGlobal::Get()->m_eView==CGlobal::Classic) { pdlg = &dlg1; } m_pMainWnd = pdlg; int nResponse = pdlg->DoModal(); } I found DoModal() only launch the dialog s...

Linked Sharepoint Lists and Navigation Pane
I have an Access application that needs to perform some initialisation and data synchronisation with some sharepoint lists. I have a splash screen that displays progress, but it is proving impossible to keep the navigation pane hidden whilst the synchronisation runs - even though the database has the show navaigation check box unchecked. The problem seems to be when a DoCmd.TransferSharePointList acLinkSharePointList,"http:...." command is executed. As this statement completes execution, the navigation pane appears and the splash screen loses focus. I am unable to hide ...

Spontaneous application exit
We have an MFC dialog based application that has up to 100 threads reading data from different sources over TCP/IP and then storing the data into an oracle database. Database updates are realtively infrequent (maybe once or twice a scond overall). We are having problems with the application just exiting. Sometimes it will run for days, sometimes for just a few hours. The user is definitely not exiting the application. We have try/catch sections around most code and around each thread which isn't getting triggered and we detect memory allocation failures (which aren't happenin...

Application crashes at start-up
Hi A new framework 3.5 Winform db app that works fine on two pcs, crashes on one particular pc at start-up. The app has application framework enabled and I have assigned a splash form and a main form. The splash form appears for around 20 second but then app crashes with message "<app name> has encountered a problem and need top close..." and wants to send a report to MS. I have trapped the MyApplication_UnhandledException but it does not get triggered as far as I can tell. Older framework 1.1/vs2003 apps work fine on this pc. The only obvious difference I can see...

Cannot start SBS Web Applications
2008 SBS Server Migrated from 2003 SBS Server SBS Web Applications will not start, "This website cannot be started. Another web site may be using the same port" Goal: get OWA working without needed to trick IIS This problem has been ongoing since the install of 2008 SBS server. Currently IIS will not automatically start SBS Web Applications due to the Default Web Site and SBS Web Applications using the same HTTPS bindings. The only way I have managed to get them to work is change the bindings to 444, start it, then change it back to 443. This only works until IIS is re...

How to register my application
I have a application I want to register that application with the current operating system. I do not wish to use Installationshields or anything else. because It is a downloadable instance and using installation shields will increase the size by 200KB. I wish to do that one programattically using VC++. I wish to get the application to the program file list and get the application in the add remove programs Can any body guide me ? Thanks Anup There is no concept of "registering" an application unless it is automation-enabled. The rest is just "installing" it. The...

New entity in navigation pane
I have recently made a new entity (domains). Under Sales in my workplace I want to place a link to Domains. Now the Domains only show up in the navagation pane under 'Extensions' How to? Go into the properties of the new entity and on the information tab, at the bottom, there will be checkboxes where you can display it... "Harm Vestjens" wrote: > I have recently made a new entity (domains). > Under Sales in my workplace I want to place a link to Domains. > Now the Domains only show up in the navagation pane under 'Extensions' > How to? > ...

Application object of a running application
Dear All, I have developed a MFC dialog based application. In this applicaion I am detecting running instance of the application by using mutex object. HANDLE hMutex; hMutex = CreateMutex(NULL, TRUE, "App.exe"); if(GetLastError() ==ERROR_ALREADY_EXISTS) { // Mutex exists so there is a running instance of app hMutex = NULL; break; } However If my application is already running I want to get the application object and need to call some methods using application object(CWinApp,CDialog). Please suggest how do I achieve this. Thanks in advance. "Ajay ...

Running Windows Media Player from MFC Application Query?
Hi all I am making an application in which i displaying in a list control all the mp3 files belonging to a folder selected by the user. I want to add the following functionality. As soon as the user double clicks on any of the displayed MP3 file, i want to invoke the windows Media Player and play that MP3 file. Now how i invoke the Windows Media Player for my MFC Application? Waiting for suggestions Regards ...