Application exiting with return Code 3 and ExitInstance not called neither destructors

Hey Friends
It seems that i have done something very mysterious as my Application
is exiting with return Code 3 and ExitInstance is not not called
neither
destructors.
Plz Help
vc.mfc 33608 articles. 0 followers. Follow

"Vikrant_kpr" <bhatia.manish@netsity.com> wrote in message
> Hey Friends
> It seems that i have done something very mysterious as my Application
> is exiting with return Code 3 and ExitInstance is not not called
> neither

access violation?

0
Antonio
7/17/2003 3:08:14 PM
Dear Antonio Mazzeo
  I have corrected the problem,it was causing due to Splash Screen
Component inserted by VC++ Components,actually i modified it a little
so that it should wait not for fixed time but as long as my
application is starting up,I removed it and now the program is working
ok.
But if I try to again insert Splash screen component using the Project
-> Insert it is not working can we make it to work.
It says that the component was inserted previously so now it can'y
insert the component.

Error When deleting from CRM 3.0
All of a sudden I cannot delete any data from CRM 3.0. I recieve an error that states "SQL Server Error Happened. Please contact an administrator" I cannot find any information in the Event viewer. Has anyone seen this problem or know of a solution. Any help is greatly appreciated. Thanks, Lee I have equal problem. already does someone have a solution for it? Thanks... "Lee" schrieb: > All of a sudden I cannot delete any data from CRM 3.0. I recieve an error > that states "SQL Server Error Happened. Please contact an administrator" I > c...

In Excl how can I return letters to the columns I now have numbers
When I call up a new Spreadsheet instead of rows numbered and columns alphbetical I have rows numbered and columns numbered also??? Tools>Options>General, and uncheck the R1C1 reference style box. -- HTH RP (remove nothere from the email address if mailing direct) "Column Idenity" <Column Idenity@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:8EB4E5FB-14DB-4FF9-8EF9-02EE73AFB3AB@microsoft.com... > When I call up a new Spreadsheet instead of rows numbered and columns > alphbetical I have rows numbered and columns numbered also??? ...

Enter a unique code based on the answers to four variables
Each kind of medical care we offer is specified by a unique 5-number code (e.g. 99215). The care (and codes) are defined by four variables. These are Patient Type (6 kinds), History (5 levels), Exam (5 levels) and Diagnosis (5 levels). Users of the form don't understand the process. They must indicate which variables apply to their patient encounter. The form should determine the proper code, and enter it in the proper field. what is your question? You need a kind of wizard that leads the form completer thru each step. It looks like some of your information is dependent on ot...

Publisher cannot open file #3
After I pasted a table from Excel my pub cannot be open anymore. Anyone knows a solution to this? I don't want to start all over again... Thanks Specifically what error are you getting? -- JoAnn Paules MVP Microsoft [Publisher] "Grazyna & Maciek" <gm_u@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:R%g6e.20937$7Q4.20076@clgrps13... > After I pasted a table from Excel my pub cannot be open anymore. Anyone > knows a solution to this? I don't want to start all over again... > Thanks > > "Publisher cannot open the file" - it's as if the f...

Clicking one application's buttons from another application
Hello, I'd like to write an application that can click the buttons of another application running on the same machine. All my application knows about the target application is its name, the name of the window containing the buttons, and the name of the buttons. Can someone further my education in this matter in some way. Thanks, Ray Mitchell This is tricky, but possible. I actually do it in a little utility I wrote to move Outlook filters down, since the "Move Down" button doesn't autorepeat and when you have 850 anti-spam filters it becomes a bit unwieldy. What yo...

running another application from my application
Hello, I have an MDI application that on a specific case runs a 3rd party application. I use PeekMessage so my application will be drawn corretly while working on the 3rd party app. I want to prevent the user from doing anything in my application while te 3rd party app is running, until the user closes the 3rd party application. Also I want my application to be shown correctly (handle WM_PAINT, WM_DRAW etc.). Currently my application is displayed very well, but the user may do things in my application while the 3rd party app is running. I use the following code (pseuo): BOOL bRetVal = CreateP...

Application exiting with return Code 3 and ExitInstance not called neither destructors
Hey Friends It seems that i have done something very mysterious as my Application is exiting with return Code 3 and ExitInstance is not not called neither destructors. Plz Help "Vikrant_kpr" <bhatia.manish@netsity.com> wrote in message news:f62362ec.0307170549.7af528cf@posting.google.com... > Hey Friends > It seems that i have done something very mysterious as my Application > is exiting with return Code 3 and ExitInstance is not not called > neither access violation? Dear Antonio Mazzeo I have corrected the problem,it was causing due to Splash Screen Compone...

Ideas for a Dept Level Application Support
We have an IT group that supports 50 applications and they wish to capture support time by application during course of the year. During the course of a week, any application or combination of applications can have support requests, so it is different week to week and not predictable. Essentially we are looking to park the time with appropriate application after the work is complete. We are using Project Server 2007 and have investigated the following: 1. Created a Annual Support workplan with a task per application in Project Pro with the IT group added as Enterprise resourc...

Help in creating dialog based application
Hi, I am creating a dialog based application which has a main dialog with 3 buttons. 1. Address Book 2. Student List 3. Course List with which i can go to any one of the screens(which is again the dialog). when i click address book button my main dialog should be hidden/closed and i should open the address book dialog which has again some button to navigate back to main dialog/student list/course list. same kind of functionality for other two dialogs(student/course list). i thought of creating all the 3 dialogs as modeless and main dialog as parent but how i will inform the parent window to ...

DLLs being loaded for all applications
I get the following warning at system startup: "Custom dynamic link libraries are being loaded for every application. The system administrator should review the list of libraries to ensure they are related to trusted applications." How do I review the list of libraries and how do I eliminate any that should be removed? ...

Converting Console Application to win32 application
I have created an MFC console application. When I run it from Windows Explorer it opens a dos box and closes the box when it terminates it logic. Is it possible to convert it so it won't open the dos box - just run without any display? If positive, please help me regarding the steps. Thanks Kalish I am not sure if you can compile MFC with a standard win32 application, but if you can, then you can simply change your main to a WinMain, and you will have the result you want. Create a Win32 Project using the Wizard, and selection Windows Application, to see an example. Remove everthing ...

Identify Carriage returns and line feeds on a table
Hello, I have a table that can potenitally contain carriage returns and/or line feeds in the fields I want to identify all records that have carriage returns I want to create a query but how do i identify the CRs and LFs? Thanks! SELECT * FROM TableName WHERE FieldName Like "*" & Chr(13) & Chr(10) & "*"; -- Ken Snell <MS ACCESS MVP> "Lina" <linap20@gmail.com> wrote in message news:44a716d4-bcbf-427a-a501-c7d36d71152b@b40g2000prf.googlegroups.com... > Hello, > I have a table that can potenitally contain carriage return...

DISABLE the auto return to sleep
I am looking for a way to DISABLE the auto return to sleep on an unattended wake up for XP SP3. I found this article for Vista. Looking for similar one for XP http://www.vistax64.com/tutorials/171042-sleep-return-timeout-unattended-wake-up.html Thanks ...

MSMQ ... authenticating application
A number of application stores messages in MSMQ. One of the server application needs to read messages that was created/stored by specific applications not to read all the messages in MSMQ. Is there any workarounds? Thank you Regards Raj "Raj" <Raj@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:6917708E-88B1-497B-A888-5038ACEA17CE@microsoft.com... >A number of application stores messages in MSMQ. One of the server > application needs to read messages that was created/stored by specific > applications not to read all the messages in MSMQ. > ...

is there a hotel management excel application?
The subject says is all... TIA Martyn Hi Martyn, See response to your thread in Programming. --- Regards, Norman "Cheker" <zoomer@gmail.com> wrote in message news:eNJLsRRqEHA.348@TK2MSFTNGP15.phx.gbl... > The subject says is all... > TIA > Martyn > > > ...

Journal Entries #3
Whenever I create a new journal entry under an individual contact that entry is linked to every contact with the same company name. How do I correct it so it only shows under the individual contact? ...

Grouping In Pivot Tables #3
Hi I have a pivot table linked direct to an access query. In the pivot table I have grouped the date field by year & month and set the start date as 1 Apr 2005 and end date as 31 Mar 2006. Some of the months have no data so I set the field settings to 'include items with no data' however, this then shows blank fields for Jan, Feb & Mar 2005, if I try filtering or hiding them out it also hides Jan, Feb & Mar 2006. How can I get it to only show from Apr 05 to Mar 06 and include fields where there was no data between those dates? Many Thanks GLS -- GLS Uncheck &quo...

MS RMS 1.3 in Brazil
Hi there, we are planning to open some shops in brazil. Since we use the MS RMS (Store & HQ) around europe quite successfully we'd like to stick to that product. Does any of you have experience if RMS meets the brazilian requirements? Maybe you are already working with it? Any help is highly appreciated. Thanx in advance, Chris This is region is managed by Scan Source Latin America. Please contact Louis Piedra on louis.piedra@scansourcela.com and he can put you in touch with a reseller in Brazil. Afshin Alikhani - [ afshin@retailrealm.co.uk ] CEO - Retail Realm = = = = = = =...

DLL
Is there any way to detect when an application that is calling my dll is about to be destroyed? I need to close several files if the calling application has not done so, therefore I need to detect when the calling application is about to be destroyed and clean up the files and variables I have used in the dll. You need to implement DllMain, the handle your cleanup tasks when you receive a PROCESS_DETACH notification. Check out: http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/default.asp?url=/library/en-us/vccore/html/_core_initialize_non.2d.mfc_dlls.asp "Joe Estock" <jestock@NOSPAMnutexto...

Error Code 404 in server mgt concole
We installed SBS2003 Std and can coneect to the internet. In the magt concole of SBS, companyweb we are getting Error Code 404, File or Directory cannot be found. Can not connect to RWW form outside the domian. Sounds like the default website in IIS is not running. Usually a reboot will fix this, but if not, go into the IIS administration snap-in and start the default website. -Cliff "Kevin" <Kevin@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:242DA301-8C99-4BEE-BC1F-E9CCEE67AE6D@microsoft.com... > We installed SBS2003 Std and can coneect to the int...

This transaction cannot be entered #3
Why do I get the message... "this transaction cannot be entered" I have archived the file...it is not too big! please advise, FL Kulchar See http://umpmfaq.info/faqdb.php?q=89. "FLKULCHAR" <FLKULCHAR@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:3ECF15CC-D8ED-4E46-A496-0AF73BF26A58@microsoft.com... > Why do I get the message... > > "this transaction cannot be entered" > > I have archived the file...it is not too big! No more info....????? not very helpful...please advise!! "Dick Watson" wrote: > See http://umpmfaq...

Scribe Migration from Goldmine 6.7 to CRM 3.0????
About 10 months ago we did a "test" migration from Goldmine 6.5 Corporate Edition to CRM 3.0. Well, to make a long story short, we didnt make the move at that time, and decided(not me) to work on making Goldmine work better for us. Well, in that process we upgraded to Goldmine 6.7. Now we are actively making the move to CRM, but i ran into a stumbling block. It has come to my attention that Scribe may not work with version 6.7 of goldmine?? has anyone out there had any experience with working with Scribe and Goldmine 6.7 Corporate Edition?? Thanks in advance Rodney We haven...

Date based coding
Need a little help. I have a form that the users use to enter in vacation days onto a calendar. What I would like to do is allow them to make changes to this calendar but prevent them from changing things after the fact. Example if they were scheduled off on 11-16 they must change details for that date on or prior to the 16th. Is this possible? Hi Lori, to validate a record and prevent it from being saved, put code in the form BeforeUpdate event '----------------- make sure all required data is filled 'make sure SomeControlName is filled out If IsNull...

Blocked attachments #3
I have a number of sites that use Outlool 2000 to pick up their internet mail. They do not have an exchange server, they are just stand alone. They are unable to email access database files between them themselves becouse of Outlook's "attachment blocking". The help says that you can change the list of extensions if you have "exchange". How do you change the list if you do not have "exchange"? BR Don C "Don C" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:087001c3ad37$b26cd7f0$a001280a@phx.gbl... > > I have a numbe...

Beware MatrixAttributeDisplayOrder Table Corruption after upgrading from 1.3 to 2.0
RMS didn't correctly create the information in the MatrixAttributeDisplayOrder table when upgrading from version 1.3 to 2.0 (unless you applied hot fix 2.0.0110 or later before you upgraded the 1.3 database). The above doesn't affect the actual matrix component items them selves but it does affect the matrix attributes. It will duplicate quite a few dimension attributes and it will delete some as well. We upgraded RMS shortly after 2.0 was released (8 months ago?) and originally thought that this was caused by user errors. But when I finally realized the scope of the problem ...