application development

I am designing a downloadable tutorial application
I am using visual studio 6.0 and i have created a client application to navigate through data pages, at  the moment just the client framework exists, what is the best and quickest way to create graphic pages with text that can be viewed through an active doc container app i.e Explorer.There will be a lot of pages
Does anyone agree that java is the best method for this.? Or are there any alternatives
The application will be placed on the server and downloaded, files will be downloaded a batch at a time and viewed as local pages. I also need to be able to place controls on these pages.

I await your input, thanks
0
anonymous (74717)
11/24/2003 10:31:11 AM
vc.mfc 33608 articles. 0 followers. Follow

Java is a good method for a lot of things. But what you need is so vague that it is
possible that VB or PowerPoint are equally good. It is hard to tell from the description
what you really want to do.
					joe

On Mon, 24 Nov 2003 02:31:11 -0800, joseph <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

>I am designing a downloadable tutorial application.
>I am using visual studio 6.0 and i have created a client application to navigate through data pages, at  the moment just the client framework exists, what is the best and quickest way to create graphic pages with text that can be viewed through an active doc container app i.e Explorer.There will be a lot of pages.
>Does anyone agree that java is the best method for this.? Or are there any alternatives.
>The application will be placed on the server and downloaded, files will be downloaded a batch at a time and viewed as local pages. I also need to be able to place controls on these pages.
>
>I await your input, thanks

Joseph M. Newcomer [MVP]
email: newcomer@flounder.com
Web: http://www.flounder.com
newcomer (15973)

Clicking one application's buttons from another application
Hello, I'd like to write an application that can click the buttons of another application running on the same machine. All my application knows about the target application is its name, the name of the window containing the buttons, and the name of the buttons. Can someone further my education in this matter in some way. Thanks, Ray Mitchell This is tricky, but possible. I actually do it in a little utility I wrote to move Outlook filters down, since the "Move Down" button doesn't autorepeat and when you have 850 anti-spam filters it becomes a bit unwieldy. What yo...

Application exiting with return Code 3 and ExitInstance not called neither destructors
Hey Friends It seems that i have done something very mysterious as my Application is exiting with return Code 3 and ExitInstance is not not called neither destructors. Plz Help "Vikrant_kpr" <bhatia.manish@netsity.com> wrote in message news:f62362ec.0307170549.7af528cf@posting.google.com... > Hey Friends > It seems that i have done something very mysterious as my Application > is exiting with return Code 3 and ExitInstance is not not called > neither access violation? Dear Antonio Mazzeo I have corrected the problem,it was causing due to Splash Screen Compone...

running another application from my application
Hello, I have an MDI application that on a specific case runs a 3rd party application. I use PeekMessage so my application will be drawn corretly while working on the 3rd party app. I want to prevent the user from doing anything in my application while te 3rd party app is running, until the user closes the 3rd party application. Also I want my application to be shown correctly (handle WM_PAINT, WM_DRAW etc.). Currently my application is displayed very well, but the user may do things in my application while the 3rd party app is running. I use the following code (pseuo): BOOL bRetVal = CreateP...

Ideas for a Dept Level Application Support
We have an IT group that supports 50 applications and they wish to capture support time by application during course of the year. During the course of a week, any application or combination of applications can have support requests, so it is different week to week and not predictable. Essentially we are looking to park the time with appropriate application after the work is complete. We are using Project Server 2007 and have investigated the following: 1. Created a Annual Support workplan with a task per application in Project Pro with the IT group added as Enterprise resourc...

DLLs being loaded for all applications
I get the following warning at system startup: "Custom dynamic link libraries are being loaded for every application. The system administrator should review the list of libraries to ensure they are related to trusted applications." How do I review the list of libraries and how do I eliminate any that should be removed? ...

Help in creating dialog based application
Hi, I am creating a dialog based application which has a main dialog with 3 buttons. 1. Address Book 2. Student List 3. Course List with which i can go to any one of the screens(which is again the dialog). when i click address book button my main dialog should be hidden/closed and i should open the address book dialog which has again some button to navigate back to main dialog/student list/course list. same kind of functionality for other two dialogs(student/course list). i thought of creating all the 3 dialogs as modeless and main dialog as parent but how i will inform the parent window to ...

Freelance SharePoint Developer
Hello, I have over 10+ years of experience in software development. I am software developer looking for freelance or Full Time work, my skill sets: ..NET TECHNOLOGY ..NET(ASP.NET / C# / VB.NET) SharePoint 2003 / 2007. VB, ASP (VBScript & Javascript), SQL Server, Access (VBA), Excel (VBA), Oracle Crystal Reports & SQL Reporting Service LAMP TECHNOLOGY PHP 4/5 MySQL I can work on migration projects, supporting existing project and looking out for new project. waiting for your work. http://freelancefromindia.blogspot.com/ ...

Converting Console Application to win32 application
I have created an MFC console application. When I run it from Windows Explorer it opens a dos box and closes the box when it terminates it logic. Is it possible to convert it so it won't open the dos box - just run without any display? If positive, please help me regarding the steps. Thanks Kalish I am not sure if you can compile MFC with a standard win32 application, but if you can, then you can simply change your main to a WinMain, and you will have the result you want. Create a Win32 Project using the Wizard, and selection Windows Application, to see an example. Remove everthing ...

is there a hotel management excel application?
The subject says is all... TIA Martyn Hi Martyn, See response to your thread in Programming. --- Regards, Norman "Cheker" <zoomer@gmail.com> wrote in message news:eNJLsRRqEHA.348@TK2MSFTNGP15.phx.gbl... > The subject says is all... > TIA > Martyn > > > ...

MSMQ ... authenticating application
A number of application stores messages in MSMQ. One of the server application needs to read messages that was created/stored by specific applications not to read all the messages in MSMQ. Is there any workarounds? Thank you Regards Raj "Raj" <Raj@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:6917708E-88B1-497B-A888-5038ACEA17CE@microsoft.com... >A number of application stores messages in MSMQ. One of the server > application needs to read messages that was created/stored by specific > applications not to read all the messages in MSMQ. > ...

DLL
Is there any way to detect when an application that is calling my dll is about to be destroyed? I need to close several files if the calling application has not done so, therefore I need to detect when the calling application is about to be destroyed and clean up the files and variables I have used in the dll. You need to implement DllMain, the handle your cleanup tasks when you receive a PROCESS_DETACH notification. Check out: http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/default.asp?url=/library/en-us/vccore/html/_core_initialize_non.2d.mfc_dlls.asp "Joe Estock" <jestock@NOSPAMnutexto...

Windows Phone 7 Driver Development?
Does anyone know where to find resources regarding device driver development for Windows Phone 7? There doesn't seem to be anything in WHDC/MSDN or anywhere I can find on the web, for that matter. -- Ray ...

MFC applications and Visual C++'s newer editions
Hello. When it comes to Win32, Visual Studio .NET 2005 Express Edition Beta 2 only allows the creation of console-based applications. What if one wanted to create MFC-based applications and, at the same time, be able to take advantage of the powerful and conforming C++ compiler that comes with the package? I hope that resorting to Visual C++ 6.0 is not the only option. Thank you, -- Ney Andr� de Mello Zunino "Ney Andr� de Mello Zunino" <zunino@inf.ufsc.br> wrote in message news:%23FuRyAcXFHA.584@TK2MSFTNGP15.phx.gbl... > Hello. > > When it comes to Win32, Vi...

Telnet application
Greets, Quick question.... If I was to write a VB6 app for configuring an IP device using Telnet, would it be more advantageous to use the Winsock control, or the INet control for the telnet session ? The device has the telnet server, I just need to write a GUI that uses telnet as a client to communicate with the device, and then present the configuration info in a typical GUI way. TIA, DanS "DanS" <t.h.i.s.n.t.h.a.t@r.o.a.d.r.u.n.n.e.r.c.o.m> wrote in message news:Xns9CEA5E17494CEthisnthatroadrunnern@216.196.97.131... > Greets, > > Quick...

Using MABLE logic engine with existing .NET applications.
Using MABLE logic engine with existing .NET applications. MABLE web services provide an interface to MABLE business objects and logic. Let us review some technical details of the MABLE web services. � MABLE utilizes SOAP 1.2 protocol. � MABLE uses AXIS 1.4 as a web service transport. � MABLE support state-full conversations by implementing a conversation session. In this small article we will create a client application that use the MABLE 'Store' application MABLE Web Service client has to maintain a state-full conversation with the MABLE engine. The best way to handle this is...

Hiding application
Hello, How can I hide my application from the user? I don't want him to see it in Task Manager, Task Bar, etc. Regards, Vladimir. "Vladimir" <genisoft@ufacom.ru> wrote in message news:ueUr72idDHA.736@TK2MSFTNGP09.phx.gbl... > Hello, > > How can I hide my application from the user? I don't want him to see it > in > Task Manager, Task Bar, etc. Make it a service. -- -GJC -Software Consultant (Embedded systems and Real Time Controls) -gchanson@mvps.org -Abolish public schools It'll be still visibled, and killable by administrator - li...

Change 1 dialog application to 2 dialogs applications?
Hi, I have made a mfc dialog based application. Now I want to change it to 2 dialogs, one wizzard and one classic, and i want the 2 dialog can call each other. So I change the codes in App::InitInstance() { ..... while (CGlobal::Get()->m_eView!=CGlobal::Quit) { WizzardDlg dlg0; CClassicDialog dlg1; CDialog *pdlg=0; if (CGlobal::Get()->m_eView==CGlobal::Wizzard) { pdlg = &dlg0; } else if (CGlobal::Get()->m_eView==CGlobal::Classic) { pdlg = &dlg1; } m_pMainWnd = pdlg; int nResponse = pdlg->DoModal(); } I found DoModal() only launch the dialog s...

Spontaneous application exit
We have an MFC dialog based application that has up to 100 threads reading data from different sources over TCP/IP and then storing the data into an oracle database. Database updates are realtively infrequent (maybe once or twice a scond overall). We are having problems with the application just exiting. Sometimes it will run for days, sometimes for just a few hours. The user is definitely not exiting the application. We have try/catch sections around most code and around each thread which isn't getting triggered and we detect memory allocation failures (which aren't happenin...

Application crashes at start-up
Hi A new framework 3.5 Winform db app that works fine on two pcs, crashes on one particular pc at start-up. The app has application framework enabled and I have assigned a splash form and a main form. The splash form appears for around 20 second but then app crashes with message "<app name> has encountered a problem and need top close..." and wants to send a report to MS. I have trapped the MyApplication_UnhandledException but it does not get triggered as far as I can tell. Older framework 1.1/vs2003 apps work fine on this pc. The only obvious difference I can see...

Cannot start SBS Web Applications
2008 SBS Server Migrated from 2003 SBS Server SBS Web Applications will not start, "This website cannot be started. Another web site may be using the same port" Goal: get OWA working without needed to trick IIS This problem has been ongoing since the install of 2008 SBS server. Currently IIS will not automatically start SBS Web Applications due to the Default Web Site and SBS Web Applications using the same HTTPS bindings. The only way I have managed to get them to work is change the bindings to 444, start it, then change it back to 443. This only works until IIS is re...

How to register my application
I have a application I want to register that application with the current operating system. I do not wish to use Installationshields or anything else. because It is a downloadable instance and using installation shields will increase the size by 200KB. I wish to do that one programattically using VC++. I wish to get the application to the program file list and get the application in the add remove programs Can any body guide me ? Thanks Anup There is no concept of "registering" an application unless it is automation-enabled. The rest is just "installing" it. The...

Application object of a running application
Dear All, I have developed a MFC dialog based application. In this applicaion I am detecting running instance of the application by using mutex object. HANDLE hMutex; hMutex = CreateMutex(NULL, TRUE, "App.exe"); if(GetLastError() ==ERROR_ALREADY_EXISTS) { // Mutex exists so there is a running instance of app hMutex = NULL; break; } However If my application is already running I want to get the application object and need to call some methods using application object(CWinApp,CDialog). Please suggest how do I achieve this. Thanks in advance. "Ajay ...

Running Windows Media Player from MFC Application Query?
Hi all I am making an application in which i displaying in a list control all the mp3 files belonging to a folder selected by the user. I want to add the following functionality. As soon as the user double clicks on any of the displayed MP3 file, i want to invoke the windows Media Player and play that MP3 file. Now how i invoke the Windows Media Player for my MFC Application? Waiting for suggestions Regards ...

Converting MDI application to SDI
Can someone please provide pointers on the conversion of an --exisisting-- MDI application into SDI? Are there any online sources of information on this? I would be particularly interested in a systematic procedure to accomplish the conversion. Thanks in advance, Nikolas Why do you want to convert from MDI to SDI. You could simulate SDI by making the client window fill the mainframe and removing the system menu choices to change it from title bar. If you do this and you ever need MDI in the future it will be tons easiler to switch back. However, if you do want to switch I would cr...

Stan
Where are the job applications for positions in your Global Empire? I couldn't find the web site. "Blanche Starinski" <blanch@starinsky.com> wrote in message news:hgeea0$1pc$1@news.eternal-september.org... > Where are the job applications for positions in your Global Empire? I > couldn't find the web site. > > > Will your Global Empire include Vista or Windows 7? I need to know because when I move, I want to make sure to take the right computer with me. Just FYI. ...