Application crashing because of chkesp.c error..

Hi,

File : i386\chkesp.c
Line : 42
The value of ESP was not properly saved across a function call. This is usually
a result of calling a function declared with one calling convention with
a function pointer declared with a different calling convention.

What does this error mean ?/

The executable runs perfectly on my machine but when i give it on to the
client machine.. it crashes while loading..

I need to solve this issue.. how can I ??

=====
Regards,
Jigar Mehta

vc.mfc 33608 articles. 0 followers. Follow

A calling convention is the protocol used to call the function (how
parameters are passed and the stack is restored).

You may have a bad declaration of the function you are calling. Or the
function is flawed. It's a little hard to say since you posted neither. Give
us a bone and perhaps we can help.

--
Jonathan Wood
SoftCircuits

"Jigar Mehta" <jigar.gemsystems@gmail.com> wrote in message
> Hi,
>
> File : i386\chkesp.c
> Line : 42
> The value of ESP was not properly saved across a function call. This is
> usually a result of calling a function declared with one calling
> convention with a function pointer declared with a different calling
> convention.
>
> What does this error mean ?/
>
> The executable runs perfectly on my machine but when i give it on to the
> client machine.. it crashes while loading..
>
> I need to solve this issue.. how can I ??
>
> =====
> Regards,
> Jigar Mehta

0
jwood (1292)
12/16/2005 12:03:31 AM
I think you would have to debug the program running on a problematic
machine to see what the problem is. At least try to determine which
function caused this problem.

0
jim.n.chen (29)
12/16/2005 12:22:48 AM
It would help a lot if you gave useful information.  For example, where are you executing
when you get this assertion?  What API calls had you executed in that function?

As already pointed out, you probably have a screwed-up calling convention.  Beware casting
pointers to functions, particularly functions you pass to API calls that will do
callbacks.

But as to how to solve it: fix the bug.  Without any useful information about your code,
it is hard to guess what you got wrong.
				joe

On Thu, 15 Dec 2005 09:48:47 -0800, Jigar Mehta <jigar.gemsystems@gmail.com> wrote:

>Hi,
>
>File : i386\chkesp.c
>Line : 42
>The value of ESP was not properly saved across a function call. This is usually
>a result of calling a function declared with one calling convention with
>a function pointer declared with a different calling convention.
>
>What does this error mean ?/
>
>The executable runs perfectly on my machine but when i give it on to the
>client machine.. it crashes while loading..
>
>I need to solve this issue.. how can I ??
>
>=====
>Regards,
>Jigar Mehta

Joseph M. Newcomer [MVP]
email: newcomer@flounder.com
Web: http://www.flounder.com
newcomer (15974)

Another Error Handling Question
I have a sub routine that may generate an error if a value is not defined. While developing the code I've come accross the error and get an error statement. I have to reset the code by selecting the reset button in the VBA window to get it to work again. It's not a code issue but a data issue. I'm not looking for a way to correct the data but I would like to use an error handler to simply display a message and return the control back to the spreadsheet so that the routine can run again without having to go to the Debug window and resetting the code. Any suggestion?...

MS Access encountered an error ....
Hello, I can no longer use access. XP SP2 french, Office 2003 pro SP3 (access 11.8204.8172 SP3) I open the MDB file, this is OK. I can edit table columns too. But as soon as I try to edit data, this is wrong. The edit data window open, I have the navigation bar bottom and scroll bar. But the working space of the window is white. There is then some blinkings/display quirks in Access toolbar, and then I have the crash "Microsoft Office Access has encountered ..." AppName msaccess.exe ModName msaccess.exe. This also happens when I try to create a new database. I have remo...

Excel error message #10
When I try running a macro, if I switch to a different program while it is running I get the following error message: The instruction at "0x3068013e" referenced memory at "0x0000000c". The memory could not be "read". Click on OK to Terminate the program Click on CANCEL to debug the program If I click OK the program closes, but then I can't get back into the spreadsheet because it says I'm still in it. If I click CANCEL anotehr error message comes up saying: EXCEL.exe has generated errors and will be closed by Windows. You will need to restart the p...

outlook express error
Hello, When I tried to retrieve my e-mail, it came up that I need to verify both the user name and password are correct for my mail server. I have no idea what they might be. In fact I don't even think I made a user name /password. How can I get this info if I can't remember? Thanks paulam wrote: > Hello, > When I tried to retrieve my e-mail, it came up that I need to verify both > the user name and password are correct for my mail server. I have no idea > what they might be. In fact I don't even think I made a user name /password. > How can ...

OWA "Loading" error, client side
Hi, I'm having issues with a user's PC connecting to OWA. The user is not part of my network and as such I don't have a real in-depth knowledge of their "network" setup (they have six users at their hotel; I work at another hotel with 35 users, and the same company manages both of our hotels), but I noticed a significant number of problems with her laptop. When she brought it to me, the laptop contained over 450 instances of adware and spyware, several viruses, and enough popup ads to choke a goat. Common sense would have told me to wipe and rebuild, but she is a...

custom TASK REQUEST form error #2
Hi, I am trying to create a TASK REQUEST form in Outlook 2003. I am a beginner so please bear with me because I am not understanding all this code and where its coming from in other topics. I created a TASK REQUEST custom form and test ran it. When received and I try to accept the task I get the error message "The task (task name) cannot be sent. It may be an attachment of another message." I tried finding the code in "View this code" and the Visual Basic Editor but nothing comes up. I am desiging this form from Outlook using "tools -> forms -> design this for...

runtime error catcher
Hi, I just want to ask a question. With the runtime error catcher that i'v got below, it still shows up empty box when there is no runtime error It works great if there is a runtime error. Here is the code Sub Importfile() On Error GoTo ErrCheck FileIn = Application.GetOpenFilename() slot = FreeFile Open FileIn For Input As slot ... ErrCheck: 'show the description of the error MsgBox Err.Description End Sub is this the right way of catching the error? Thank you very much in advanc -- associate ----------------------------------------------------------------------- associates&#...

Outlook error #53
I've installed MSOutlook XP on an IBM T42 notebook and have started getting the following error. 'C:\Documents and Settings\Username\Application Data\Microsoft\Addins\C:\Progra~1\Micros~2\Outloo~1\OFFICE11\Addins\outbak.dll' is not a valid Office Add-in. Has anyone seen this or know what to do. I've searched for the 'outbak.dll' and cannot locate it in the directory listed. G. <ergeordie@yahoo.ca> wrote: > I've installed MSOutlook XP on an IBM T42 notebook and have started > getting the following error. > > 'C:\Documents and Settings\Userna...

Crystal Error
I am receiving the following error when accessing the reports; Crystal Report Logon Error - Please verify that you have enough Crystal licenses Here is a copy of the event log; MSCRM Platform Error Report: ---------------------------------------------------------------------------- ---------------------------- Error: Unable to access crystal; check to see if you have enough licenses : Unable to log into crystal; check to see if you have enough licenses : Unable to communicate with crystallogon.csp Error Message: Unable to access crystal; check to see if you have enough licenses : Unable to...

Unhandled Execution Error (COMException (0x80131904)])
Encountering this error when i tried to close an opportunity: Server Error in '/' Application -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Unhandled Execution Error Description: An unhandled exception occurred during the execution of the current web request. Please review the stack trace for more information about the error and where it originated in the code. Exception Details: System.Runtime.InteropServices.COMException: Source Error: An unhandled exception was generated during the execution of the current web request. Information regar...

crash #2
My outlook 2002 has crashed and will not start. Is there any way to repair it or retrieve my emails and attachments. ...

Error message when open 97 database on access 2003
Dear All, When I use Access 2003 to open Access 97 database, it will pop-up a error message : "Microsoft Jet database engine cannot find 'Custprice 0%'. Please confirm the object exist, and you didn't make the wrong name or path of the object". I got a same message when I open that mdb file on access 2000 and XP. I only have little knowledge in Access. Please help me. Thank you very much. p.s. My Access is Chinese version, so that the sentence may not be exactly translation. -- KenL ...

Moving Folder error

Can MFC dll call c# funtion?
Can MFC dll call c# funtion?It's just like a callback funtion.I want to make a socket dll using MFC dll.When it receives data,The c# program can get the data and processes it.So I think that if I can call the C# funtion,I can do it.Can I?Thank you! You can use MFC in managed code as well. If you do that, you can simply add reference to another .net module. This would be relatively easier than making a COM wrapper of the .net module and then calling it from MFC module. -- Ajay Kalra [MVP - VC++] ajaykalra@yahoo.com "ygy" <yy@spm.com.cn> wrote in message news:uf#F...

Clent
Hi All I have to write a client server application in which i would need to send great amounts of data between the client & the server. Undoubtly the client & server would be on different machines & wud communicate through internet(TCP/IP). I wud be writing both the client & the server side & wud want to use MFC on both sides. What shud i do to achieve this.Which technology should i use? Waiting for suggestions Regards newbie. You can use DCOM or perhaps take a look at CORBA. At our company we're using CORBA with OmniORB (http://omniorb.sourceforge.net/), sup...

how to pickup attachment from outlook using c#?
how to pickup attachment from outlook using c#? does somebody can help me? this is a question for the microsoft.public.dotnet.languages.csharp group "ningxia" <bestsoft@sogou.com> wrote in message news:OMa$apRuFHA.3252@TK2MSFTNGP10.phx.gbl... > how to pickup attachment from outlook using c#? does somebody can help me? > > What do you mean by "pickup"? FYI, there is a newsgroup specifically for general Outlook programming = issues "down the hall" at microsoft.public.outlook.program_vba or, via = web interface, at = http://www.microsoft.com/...

error on close
I have outlook 2002. When I close the program I get a message that Outlook has encountered and error. I have to uncheck the box that says "restart outlook?" and then it closes. Annoying. ...

File error: data may have been lost
I'm running an Access macro to update an Excel spreadsheet. After executing the macro, when I open up the spreadsheet, I get the message: "File error: data may have been lost". I don't believe any data was lost. Why is this happening? I don't use access, but the only time I've gotten a message like that was when excel thought that the workbook was corrupted. I rebuilt it and everything worked ok (knock wood). alex richardson wrote: > > I'm running an Access macro to update an Excel > spreadsheet. After executing the macro, when I open up the > ...

fatal error in outlook
Since this netsky virus has been rearing its ugly head, my outlook express won't stay open. After a minute or so i receive a window which says that 'microsoft has encountered a problem and has to close now'. Also i receive a fatal error at times. My computer is virus free and yet i think i may still have a virus. Can anybody help?? Thank you, Christine This newsgroup is for support of Outlook 97, 98, 2000 & 2002 from the Office family for Windows PCs. For Outlook Express (OE) support try posting in one of these newsgroups: microsoft.public.inetexplorer.ie4.outlookexp...

Query Builder Error 04-16-04
When adding a new lead and trying to save it I got this message : Query Builder Error No Atribute. I don't know if this has something to do with the new customisation that I did ( added few new fields and published them) or could it be a mapping issue ? Any help would be appreciatedn . I would republish all your objects and do an iisreset as a starting point jus to make sure everything is up to date "Yara" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:1ab7601c423bf$7e0a81c0$a601280a@phx.gbl... > When adding a new lead and trying to save it I got thi...

outlook pst file "access denide error"
I am trying to load the pst file from one computer to a new one. each time i use the export/import function I get to the point of importing the file to the new computer and I get an access denied message. since I own both machines how do I get my contacts and email to the new computer Thanks Did you move it to a CD? If so, then you need to Save it to your computer somewhere and then Right click on the saved file to bring up the properties. and remove the "Read Only" property attribute. PST files on a CD are READ ONLY. -- Nikki Peterson [MVP - Outlook] <anonymous@discussi...

reply to message, "the object is not valid" error
i don't understand this message, when i try to reply to an e-mail? i did just change my stationary and font for sent message. ...

Exchange 5.5 Store crashes and delays sending to DLs
Hi I am administrating an exchange server 5.5 SP4 on NT4 SP6. Thi server has been running trouble free up untill the last 3 days. The store and ims services have crashed 3 times in as many days. The event viewer has logged the following errors several event id 100 in Perflib Also event id 1000 in FTPctrs and event id 4005 in perfctrs The Open Procedure for service "ContentFilter" in DLL "QPerf.dll failed. Performance data for this service will not be available Status code returned is DWORD 0. The Open Procedure for service "ISAPISearch" in DLL "QPerf.dll&qu...

Bank Transaction Entry -- SQL Error
Hello, When our user are attempting to enter a Bank Transaction Entry, they are getting the following error when they hit "Post" [Microsoft][ODBC SQL SERVER DRIVER][SQL SERVER] Error converting data type int to smallint. When that error message is closed, the following pops up: The stored procedure aagUpdateBrowseTypeForBRVoidedTRX returned the following results: DBMS: 8114, Microsoft Dynamics GP: 8114 FYI, we are on SQL Server SP3. Anyone seen this kind of error before? Any suggestions? Thanks More important is to know what version, build number of GP you are running...

Why must the "Everyone" group have full NTFS permission on C drive
We ran the MSBA on our Win2003 Exchange 2000 server, and the result advised us to modify the NTFS permission for the "Everyone" security group from Full Control to Modify on the C drive. When we did that all the Mailbox Storage groups went down and would not start up again. Can anyone give us an explanation for this or point us to some documentation regarding this issue. The mdbdata directory was inheriting permissions and store.exe needed more than was granted? Exchange should be running as local system, so it sounds like you (or someone) have removed SYSTEM from the file...