Application crashing because of chkesp.c error..

Hi,

File : i386\chkesp.c
Line : 42
The value of ESP was not properly saved across a function call. This is usually
a result of calling a function declared with one calling convention with
a function pointer declared with a different calling convention.

What does this error mean ?/

The executable runs perfectly on my machine but when i give it on to the
client machine.. it crashes while loading..

I need to solve this issue.. how can I ??

=====
Regards,
Jigar Mehta

vc.mfc 33608 articles. 0 followers. Follow

A calling convention is the protocol used to call the function (how
parameters are passed and the stack is restored).

You may have a bad declaration of the function you are calling. Or the
function is flawed. It's a little hard to say since you posted neither. Give
us a bone and perhaps we can help.

--
Jonathan Wood
SoftCircuits

"Jigar Mehta" <jigar.gemsystems@gmail.com> wrote in message
> Hi,
>
> File : i386\chkesp.c
> Line : 42
> The value of ESP was not properly saved across a function call. This is
> usually a result of calling a function declared with one calling
> convention with a function pointer declared with a different calling
> convention.
>
> What does this error mean ?/
>
> The executable runs perfectly on my machine but when i give it on to the
> client machine.. it crashes while loading..
>
> I need to solve this issue.. how can I ??
>
> =====
> Regards,
> Jigar Mehta

0
jwood (1291)
12/16/2005 12:03:31 AM
I think you would have to debug the program running on a problematic
machine to see what the problem is. At least try to determine which
function caused this problem.

0
jim.n.chen (29)
12/16/2005 12:22:48 AM
It would help a lot if you gave useful information.  For example, where are you executing
when you get this assertion?  What API calls had you executed in that function?

As already pointed out, you probably have a screwed-up calling convention.  Beware casting
pointers to functions, particularly functions you pass to API calls that will do
callbacks.

But as to how to solve it: fix the bug.  Without any useful information about your code,
it is hard to guess what you got wrong.
				joe

On Thu, 15 Dec 2005 09:48:47 -0800, Jigar Mehta <jigar.gemsystems@gmail.com> wrote:

>Hi,
>
>File : i386\chkesp.c
>Line : 42
>The value of ESP was not properly saved across a function call. This is usually
>a result of calling a function declared with one calling convention with
>a function pointer declared with a different calling convention.
>
>What does this error mean ?/
>
>The executable runs perfectly on my machine but when i give it on to the
>client machine.. it crashes while loading..
>
>I need to solve this issue.. how can I ??
>
>=====
>Regards,
>Jigar Mehta

Joseph M. Newcomer [MVP]
email: newcomer@flounder.com
Web: http://www.flounder.com
newcomer (15972)

Unknown Error
Anyone have any idea why I can't delete a message in a Junk folder? I'm getting a plain/simple dialog box saying "Unknown Error" and the message will not delete. Trying to move it to the Inbox, for example, returns a dialog box message saying "Can't move the items. The item could be moved. It was either already moved or deleted, or access was denied." Any ideas? Thanks, Tom Robbins tomweho@hotmail.com On Wed, 29 Nov 2006 09:14:44 -0500, "Exchange Groups" <tomweho@hotmail.com> wrote: >Anyone have any idea why I can't delete a...

Clicking one application's buttons from another application
Hello, I'd like to write an application that can click the buttons of another application running on the same machine. All my application knows about the target application is its name, the name of the window containing the buttons, and the name of the buttons. Can someone further my education in this matter in some way. Thanks, Ray Mitchell This is tricky, but possible. I actually do it in a little utility I wrote to move Outlook filters down, since the "Move Down" button doesn't autorepeat and when you have 850 anti-spam filters it becomes a bit unwieldy. What yo...

Bizarre Reports Error
For Some Unknow Reason all my reports are playing up, when i open any report now, it looks like its zoomed x1000 in the Left Top Report Header, Tried zooming out and nothing, the report just gets smaller. the only way i seem to cure this is when i click setup on the report preview and then go columns tab change some thing, change it back click apply and OK then the report Is correctly displaying its self, and im having to do this every time i open a report. any one know whats causing it? On 28 Aug, 19:06, Maurice <Maur...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > Have you tried sett...

Pivot Table Memory Issue
Pivot Table Memory Issue - Excel crashes Excel crashes when a save is perform just after a pivot table refresh. Source data for the pivot table is on another worksheet within the same workbook. Data on that page is dragged in from a database. Pivot table has to have a few columns and rows. Data is not saved when saved. No other apps are running and a PC reboot had just been done before opening the workbook. Can any advise be given? -- ---------------------------- Regards, Richard Sterling Senior Software Engineer Tel : +44 (0)1707 392200 ext 4815 Avaya ECS Ltd, United Kingdom mailto:r...

running another application from my application
Hello, I have an MDI application that on a specific case runs a 3rd party application. I use PeekMessage so my application will be drawn corretly while working on the 3rd party app. I want to prevent the user from doing anything in my application while te 3rd party app is running, until the user closes the 3rd party application. Also I want my application to be shown correctly (handle WM_PAINT, WM_DRAW etc.). Currently my application is displayed very well, but the user may do things in my application while the 3rd party app is running. I use the following code (pseuo): BOOL bRetVal = CreateP...

SMTP Protocol 7004 & 7002 Error
I have Exchange server 2003 with sp1, an my event logs a filling with errors 7004 or 7002, How should I interpreted those results : IP are external IP: Event Type: Error Event Source: MSExchangeTransport Event Category: SMTP Protocol Event ID: 7004 Date: 02.10.2005 Time: 19:23:31 User: N/A Computer: HIS10 Description: This is an SMTP protocol error log for virtual server ID 1, connection #21. The remote host "64.4.50.99", responded to the SMTP command "rcpt" with "550 Requested action not taken: mailbox unavailable ". The full command sent was "RCPT...

Application exiting with return Code 3 and ExitInstance not called neither destructors
Hey Friends It seems that i have done something very mysterious as my Application is exiting with return Code 3 and ExitInstance is not not called neither destructors. Plz Help "Vikrant_kpr" <bhatia.manish@netsity.com> wrote in message news:f62362ec.0307170549.7af528cf@posting.google.com... > Hey Friends > It seems that i have done something very mysterious as my Application > is exiting with return Code 3 and ExitInstance is not not called > neither access violation? Dear Antonio Mazzeo I have corrected the problem,it was causing due to Splash Screen Compone...

Microsoft Visual C++ Runtime error
Hi, the first time I log into Outlook each day I get "Microsoft Visual C++ Runtime library/Run time error" message pop up. It also states "C:\Programs\Office\Outlook.exe" and the text says "Application required the runtime to terminate it in an unusual way". When you "OK" it then log back in, all is fine. Anyone have any ideas how to rid myself of this annoying feature? Thanks Chris Hi, (I'm on XP), Outlook 2000-SP3 - I figured out when it happens - I have two identities set up on my machine. If one identity has outlook open, then I s...

C or C++ Utility for wrting .doc format
dear all, my final output is to write MS Word .doc file my input is some text and Images . and i have to write using either c or c++ , can you tell me any third party Libs or is there any API provided by Windows or MSVC or .... if there is nothing and i have understand the complete file format and write it as binary file then please help me how can i get the format details and i have Image decoder all ready developed .... so there is no problem of decoding the images Regards, Karunesh >karunesh" <karunesh.ind@gmail.com> wrote in message > me how can i get the format deta...

Ideas for a Dept Level Application Support
We have an IT group that supports 50 applications and they wish to capture support time by application during course of the year. During the course of a week, any application or combination of applications can have support requests, so it is different week to week and not predictable. Essentially we are looking to park the time with appropriate application after the work is complete. We are using Project Server 2007 and have investigated the following: 1. Created a Annual Support workplan with a task per application in Project Pro with the IT group added as Enterprise resourc...

eReq error
I moved our data to a new server on the weekend. I changed the ODBC on our webserver to point to the new server. All sql logins and data exist on the new server. Users can log into eReq. However, when they attempt to add an item on a new req: Microsoft OLE DB Provider for ODBC Drivers error '80040e14' [Microsoft][ODBC SQL Server Driver][SQL Server]Insert Error: Column name or number of supplied values does not match table definition. /DBUtilities.inc, line 15 If they click on Review Requistion, then click on a Req: Microsoft OLE DB Provider for ODBC Drivers error '8...

Reinstall after hard drive crash?
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard) Processor: Intel I recently had to replace my hard drive, and lost all of the data on it. I still have the product key I used to install office the first time, but I am wondering if I can still use it? Microsoft support is no help (they want me to pay 49$ just to call them!) Thanks In article <59b7379c.-1@webcrossing.caR9absDaxw>, mork@officeformac.com wrote: > I recently had to replace my hard drive, and lost all of the data on it. I > still have the product key I used to install office the first time, but I am > wo...

i am getting fatal error C1033
Hi all while i was compliling my project through VC++ (6.0) It ia giving following error e:\empresent\source\winsys\ttf\fontbmp.c(0) : fatal error C1033: cannot open program database 'e:\empresent\source\build\x86\vc60.pdb' NMAKE : fatal error U1077: 'cl' : return code '0x2' Stop. Although vc60.pdb is present in the following path. Please help me out what to do. Thanks in advance Meenal I can only guess, the file may be locked/corrupt or not accessible. Reboot and see if you still get the same problem. ----------- Ajay Kalra ajaykalra@yahoo.com Sometimes clearing...

Error 623 pls help
I went from a dialup connection to a cable connection and since then I am getting the following error message when I click on the send/receive button in Outlook 2002. "Cannot load dialog. Error 623: The system could not find the phone book entry for this connection". I am able to send and receive mail but can anyone tell me what this msg means? It is quite annoying. Thanks. Try giving this a read http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en- us;281066&Product=ol2002 >-----Original Message----- >I went from a dialup connection to a cable connection and si...

Word 2007 Crashing
My Word 2007 keeps crashing. I can use very basic functions (eg 'save') but not the majority of functions (eg 'save as' and almost all editing functions). I can type text, but anything else sends Word into 'not responding' mode, which basically renders the programme useless. I have tried: a) Running office diagnostics (no problem identified) b) Re-installing Office 2007 (same problems persist) Does anyone else have these problems? Any proven resolutions or ideas? Thoughts would be much appreciated MB PS - I have also tried: - More memory ...

Error: "Duplicate Record A record of this type with this name already exists"
I have a strange error that started today. (I am Using V1.2) When I try to convert a lead to an account AND a contact I get the following msg: "Duplicate Record A record of this type with this name already exists. Please choose a different name and try again" At the end of the process the program is crating an Account record but not a contact record. If I try to convert the same lead again to a Contact I get the same msg. Converting a lead to an Account or Contact ONLY will work fine. The following is error is registered on the server Application log: Event Type: Error Event Sou...

Help in creating dialog based application
Hi, I am creating a dialog based application which has a main dialog with 3 buttons. 1. Address Book 2. Student List 3. Course List with which i can go to any one of the screens(which is again the dialog). when i click address book button my main dialog should be hidden/closed and i should open the address book dialog which has again some button to navigate back to main dialog/student list/course list. same kind of functionality for other two dialogs(student/course list). i thought of creating all the 3 dialogs as modeless and main dialog as parent but how i will inform the parent window to ...

Trigger error
I have a delete trigger that is trying to get information during the delete using the deleted object and I am getting the errors below. The multi-part identifier "deleted.RepCompanyID" could not be bound. The multi-part identifier "deleted.BrandID" could not be bound. The trigger code giving the error is below. p.s. This is from an old database so alternatives in constraint use would be ok. Thanks. DECLARE @RepCompany varchar(200); DECLARE @Brand nvarchar(50); DECLARE @OldInfo varchar(200); SET @RepCompany = (SELECT RepCompany FROM dbo.Rep...

DLLs being loaded for all applications
I get the following warning at system startup: "Custom dynamic link libraries are being loaded for every application. The system administrator should review the list of libraries to ensure they are related to trusted applications." How do I review the list of libraries and how do I eliminate any that should be removed? ...

persistent error for altered or nonexistent line
When I am getting a persistent error (in an imported C header), even when the particular line has been commented out, edited or even removed, where is the error coming from, and how can I flush it? c:\hand in hand\test\vorbisfile.h(27) : fatal error C1083: Cannot open include file: 'codec.h': No such file or directory "Steve Russell" <srussell@removethisinnernet.net> wrote in message news:OKDr%23BFdFHA.2180@TK2MSFTNGP12.phx.gbl... > When I am getting a persistent error (in an imported C header), even when > the particular line has been commented out, edi...

DCOM Error 10009
I have a small peer to peer network. One of the machines (XP Pro SP3) recently started to log DCOM Error 10009 every time Windows boots. There is a failure event for each machine on the network. The text of the message is: DCOM was unable to communicate with the computer COMPUTER NAME using any of the configured protocols. This is the only machine doing this, and as I mentioned it just started a few weeks ago. Nothing has changed or been installed on the system. There is no spyware or Viruses on this machine. I have removed all mapped drives and printers. Does the machi...

No Error Message in XP
Hello, I have a macro that hides some columns based on a selection from a validation list. The original spreadsheet was developed in Excel XP; I created the code in Excel 2000 because at the time I didn't realize the programmer had done the spreadsheet in XP. I ran and checked the macro which was not working, but I did not get an error in XP. I switched over to 2000, ran the macro, got an error, and because of the error message then figured out what was wrong with it. My point to this whole rambling explanation is, does anyone know why I would not get the error in XP? The er...

CRM 4.0 SETUP ERRORS
Dear all, I tried Installing CRM 4.0 professional edition in my test lab on windows server 2003 sp2, i keep receiving the following errors after folloming the implementation guide step by step: 1.error: verify domain user account SPN for microsoft dynamics CRM ASP.NET application pool account.( I use domain user account with domain admins right for the service account) 2. Error: Index was outside the bound of the array 3: SQL error: an error accured while esterblishing connection to the server, when connecting to SQL server 2005. This failure may be caused by the fact that under defa...

Converting Console Application to win32 application
I have created an MFC console application. When I run it from Windows Explorer it opens a dos box and closes the box when it terminates it logic. Is it possible to convert it so it won't open the dos box - just run without any display? If positive, please help me regarding the steps. Thanks Kalish I am not sure if you can compile MFC with a standard win32 application, but if you can, then you can simply change your main to a WinMain, and you will have the result you want. Create a Win32 Project using the Wizard, and selection Windows Application, to see an example. Remove everthing ...

is there a hotel management excel application?
The subject says is all... TIA Martyn Hi Martyn, See response to your thread in Programming. --- Regards, Norman "Cheker" <zoomer@gmail.com> wrote in message news:eNJLsRRqEHA.348@TK2MSFTNGP15.phx.gbl... > The subject says is all... > TIA > Martyn > > > ...