application #2

My application runs 2 to 3 times faster after I close and reopen the
application again. Any idea why this is happening... Does this have any
relation with improper release of dlls?

Regards,
Chris
0
chrisl (16)
11/14/2005 7:20:04 AM
vc.mfc 33608 articles. 0 followers. Follow

Chris L wrote:
> My application runs 2 to 3 times faster after I close and reopen the
> application again. Any idea why this is happening... Does this have any
> relation with improper release of dlls?

Plenty of things could go wrong, but it all boils down to one: there's a
bug in your application. It shouldn't have to have anything with dll
releases, because then there would be problems from the start.

Maybe it's not a bug, maybe it's a flaw in the design of some algorithm.
It's difficult to say without more information.
0
mac1 (347)
11/14/2005 2:00:48 PM
This is strictly related to design of your app. Its likely that you
have some memory leak. Why do you mean by "release of dlls"? Are you
using some COM objects?

--------
Ajay Kalra
ajaykalra@yahoo.com

0
ajaykalra (6842)
11/14/2005 2:36:01 PM
If you're talking about starting up the application it might be because of
the disk cache on your system.  I've noticed that just about *any*
application runs faster if you open, close, and open it again.  For example,
do this with any of the Office applications.  I think the first time it is
just loading DLL's, and other program parts to memory and the second time
the memory is still reserved for them.

Tom

"Chris L" <ChrisL@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> My application runs 2 to 3 times faster after I close and reopen the
> application again. Any idea why this is happening... Does this have any
> relation with improper release of dlls?
>
> Regards,
> Chris

0
tserface (3860)

CRM 1.2 pro or standard
does anyone know if the action pack release of 1.2 will be standard or professional? Also, is the msdn universal version pro or standard? Shawn, My understanding of it is that the Action Pack is a Standard license while the MSDN is a Universal. However, the MSDN license is not valid to be used in a production mode, only for testing, developement & demoes. Matt "Shawn" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:024e01c3caa1$fa3e5400$a501280a@phx.gbl... does anyone know if the action pack release of 1.2 will be standard or professional? Also, is the msd...

Clicking one application's buttons from another application
Hello, I'd like to write an application that can click the buttons of another application running on the same machine. All my application knows about the target application is its name, the name of the window containing the buttons, and the name of the buttons. Can someone further my education in this matter in some way. Thanks, Ray Mitchell This is tricky, but possible. I actually do it in a little utility I wrote to move Outlook filters down, since the "Move Down" button doesn't autorepeat and when you have 850 anti-spam filters it becomes a bit unwieldy. What yo...

stop processing more rules #2
I set about 10 rules in the Outlook. but it stop processing more rules after processing 5 rules. Does anyone know how to troubleshoot it? Thanks a lot, Grace ...

running another application from my application
Hello, I have an MDI application that on a specific case runs a 3rd party application. I use PeekMessage so my application will be drawn corretly while working on the 3rd party app. I want to prevent the user from doing anything in my application while te 3rd party app is running, until the user closes the 3rd party application. Also I want my application to be shown correctly (handle WM_PAINT, WM_DRAW etc.). Currently my application is displayed very well, but the user may do things in my application while the 3rd party app is running. I use the following code (pseuo): BOOL bRetVal = CreateP...

Application exiting with return Code 3 and ExitInstance not called neither destructors
Hey Friends It seems that i have done something very mysterious as my Application is exiting with return Code 3 and ExitInstance is not not called neither destructors. Plz Help "Vikrant_kpr" <bhatia.manish@netsity.com> wrote in message news:f62362ec.0307170549.7af528cf@posting.google.com... > Hey Friends > It seems that i have done something very mysterious as my Application > is exiting with return Code 3 and ExitInstance is not not called > neither access violation? Dear Antonio Mazzeo I have corrected the problem,it was causing due to Splash Screen Compone...

Ideas for a Dept Level Application Support
We have an IT group that supports 50 applications and they wish to capture support time by application during course of the year. During the course of a week, any application or combination of applications can have support requests, so it is different week to week and not predictable. Essentially we are looking to park the time with appropriate application after the work is complete. We are using Project Server 2007 and have investigated the following: 1. Created a Annual Support workplan with a task per application in Project Pro with the IT group added as Enterprise resourc...

Storage Limit question #2
Using Exchange 2003/sp1 When a user goes over their mailbox size and cannot send emails the normal procedure is to increase their mailbox storage limit (Don't ask why) sometimes when I do this it can take several hours to unlock their mailbox to allow them to send emails. Have tried rebooting client using OWA or Outlook nothing works. This is only a occasional problem say 1 out of 5 but when it happens and someone is locked from sending for 3/4 hours it can cause problems. Have a local GC server and local Exchange in some cases others have Local GC and remote exchange over a ...

File access denied #2
How do I get access to an address book (.pst file) that I created and tried to load into a client's Outlook file? I get the message something like, "file access denied." "Barb" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:0d9601c3a934$7b6d73b0$a401280a@phx.gbl... > How do I get access to an address book (.pst file) that I > created and tried to load into a client's Outlook file? I > get the message something like, "file access denied." could you be a bit more specific on exactly what you did and the exact error message you...

cell format update problem #2
say, c1, c2 is formatted as text. and a1,a2,b1, b2 are formatted as general. a1=1,a2=2, b1=1, b2 =2 and I entered c1 =a1+b1, c1 shows =a1+a2 as it is, not 3. I drag the corner of c1 and copy c1 to c2, c2 is a2+b2, So I have to F2 and enter all the cells, c1, c2. Is there a way other than "F2" and "Enter"? Consider formating c1 and c2 as general. Good Luck. "news.microsoft.com" wrote: > say, > c1, c2 is formatted as text. > and a1,a2,b1, b2 are formatted as general. > > a1=1,a2=2, b1=1, b2 =2 > > and I entered c1 =a1+b1, > c1 shows...

Help in creating dialog based application
Hi, I am creating a dialog based application which has a main dialog with 3 buttons. 1. Address Book 2. Student List 3. Course List with which i can go to any one of the screens(which is again the dialog). when i click address book button my main dialog should be hidden/closed and i should open the address book dialog which has again some button to navigate back to main dialog/student list/course list. same kind of functionality for other two dialogs(student/course list). i thought of creating all the 3 dialogs as modeless and main dialog as parent but how i will inform the parent window to ...

Complicated Formula Problem #2
Dave... Thanks for your response...sorry the file didn't open, don't know what the problem is. I can make the form work fine if I limit data entry to one absence per row...and may have to do that. However, there are some instances, for example, where a secretary may put the date span 9/5 - 9/9 in the Date column, then put a 5 under one of the absence types. Even with this scenerio, the formulas will usually work. I can even get the formulas to work OK when she enters an absence and new leave on the same date in the same row. I really wanted to design the form so that no matter what t...

DLLs being loaded for all applications
I get the following warning at system startup: "Custom dynamic link libraries are being loaded for every application. The system administrator should review the list of libraries to ensure they are related to trusted applications." How do I review the list of libraries and how do I eliminate any that should be removed? ...

Converting Console Application to win32 application
I have created an MFC console application. When I run it from Windows Explorer it opens a dos box and closes the box when it terminates it logic. Is it possible to convert it so it won't open the dos box - just run without any display? If positive, please help me regarding the steps. Thanks Kalish I am not sure if you can compile MFC with a standard win32 application, but if you can, then you can simply change your main to a WinMain, and you will have the result you want. Create a Win32 Project using the Wizard, and selection Windows Application, to see an example. Remove everthing ...

global list #2
The US office of my company has exchange 2003 and the German office has Lotus Notes. Is there a way to get the German employess email information into my exchange servers global access list? can distribution lists be created in the golbal address list? ...

Running 2 Versions of Publisher
I want to install and try the Publisher 2007 trial version. I currently have Pub 2002 on my machine. Can I install both versions? Or does 2007 screw up 2002? Or can I install 2007 on another HD on my system w/out touching my 2002 install? I DO NOT want to screw up my 2002 version - I have many files/clients who use it and we all know how stupid Pub is about reading files made in different versions. It would be very nice if the two could run side-by-side, and you could have both installed and running so you could choose between them. I don't suppose that's possible is it?Dawn I ...

MSMQ ... authenticating application
A number of application stores messages in MSMQ. One of the server application needs to read messages that was created/stored by specific applications not to read all the messages in MSMQ. Is there any workarounds? Thank you Regards Raj "Raj" <Raj@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:6917708E-88B1-497B-A888-5038ACEA17CE@microsoft.com... >A number of application stores messages in MSMQ. One of the server > application needs to read messages that was created/stored by specific > applications not to read all the messages in MSMQ. > ...

is there a hotel management excel application?
The subject says is all... TIA Martyn Hi Martyn, See response to your thread in Programming. --- Regards, Norman "Cheker" <zoomer@gmail.com> wrote in message news:eNJLsRRqEHA.348@TK2MSFTNGP15.phx.gbl... > The subject says is all... > TIA > Martyn > > > ...

DLL
Is there any way to detect when an application that is calling my dll is about to be destroyed? I need to close several files if the calling application has not done so, therefore I need to detect when the calling application is about to be destroyed and clean up the files and variables I have used in the dll. You need to implement DllMain, the handle your cleanup tasks when you receive a PROCESS_DETACH notification. Check out: http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/default.asp?url=/library/en-us/vccore/html/_core_initialize_non.2d.mfc_dlls.asp "Joe Estock" <jestock@NOSPAMnutexto...

Outlook searching #2
Is there a known issue that I'm not aware of? Why is the standard search utility in Outlook inconsistant? I run a search for all mail folders and it returns 3 entries. If I run an advanced search with the exact same criteria, I get 14 entries. Has anyone run across this before? (mail file is only 40MB) Any assistance would be greatly appreciated. Yes - I too notice inconsistant searches. I gave up and started using the new plug in called LookOut - it's way faster and better and M$ bought them up. "Tim" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message new...

Beware MatrixAttributeDisplayOrder Table Corruption after upgrading from 1.3 to 2.0
RMS didn't correctly create the information in the MatrixAttributeDisplayOrder table when upgrading from version 1.3 to 2.0 (unless you applied hot fix 2.0.0110 or later before you upgraded the 1.3 database). The above doesn't affect the actual matrix component items them selves but it does affect the matrix attributes. It will duplicate quite a few dimension attributes and it will delete some as well. We upgraded RMS shortly after 2.0 was released (8 months ago?) and originally thought that this was caused by user errors. But when I finally realized the scope of the problem ...

account transactions #2
How do I view teh report showing account transactions for all accounts In microsoft.public.money, Lawrence wrote: >How do I view teh report showing account transactions for all accounts Reports->AccountTransactions. Then click Customize to modify to your preferences. ...

MFC applications and Visual C++'s newer editions
Hello. When it comes to Win32, Visual Studio .NET 2005 Express Edition Beta 2 only allows the creation of console-based applications. What if one wanted to create MFC-based applications and, at the same time, be able to take advantage of the powerful and conforming C++ compiler that comes with the package? I hope that resorting to Visual C++ 6.0 is not the only option. Thank you, -- Ney Andr� de Mello Zunino "Ney Andr� de Mello Zunino" <zunino@inf.ufsc.br> wrote in message news:%23FuRyAcXFHA.584@TK2MSFTNGP15.phx.gbl... > Hello. > > When it comes to Win32, Vi...

Version 1.2.0170 Install
Hello, When installing the update, do you install to the main computer, or to all? I have three computers, two as the registers, and the third is the back office / main database? -- Thank You, Vince All of them. -- * "Vince" <Vince@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:A816C1BD-1004-467B-8A1E-6BD524AE218E@microsoft.com... Hello, When installing the update, do you install to the main computer, or to all? I have three computers, two as the registers, and the third is the back office / main database? -- Thank You, Vince ...

Telnet application
Greets, Quick question.... If I was to write a VB6 app for configuring an IP device using Telnet, would it be more advantageous to use the Winsock control, or the INet control for the telnet session ? The device has the telnet server, I just need to write a GUI that uses telnet as a client to communicate with the device, and then present the configuration info in a typical GUI way. TIA, DanS "DanS" <t.h.i.s.n.t.h.a.t@r.o.a.d.r.u.n.n.e.r.c.o.m> wrote in message news:Xns9CEA5E17494CEthisnthatroadrunnern@216.196.97.131... > Greets, > > Quick...

Limit of choose function up to index no. (2)
Sheet 1 contains the summary which will draw the data from sheet 2. Sheet 2 contains column of data for Day 1 to Day 31. I wish to do this on sheet 1 - if I key in 2, it will pick up data from sheet 2 under the column Day 2. If I key in 3, it will pick up data from sheet 2 under the column day 3 etc Hi and what exact values are the column headers of sheet2 (e.g. real date values, just a number 1-31, etc.) Please post some example rows of data (plain text - no attachment please) You may also stay in the original thread :-) -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany "Cheryl" <...