ApI for adding/removing user from folder of win2000 server

Hi,
I am implementing the VB application to grant user privilege (add or remove
read/write) from the client PC to the server for the security purpose.  To do
this , I use active driectory OCX, and create a group to add or remove the
specific user to access the folder on server.

One problem is after adding or removing the user into the group, it can't be
updated  right a way although I used GPupdate function (group policy update).
 The
client system should log off and log in to affect the changes.
My question is
1. Is there any function call doing same as log-out and log-in without
displaying log-in dialog box?  because if I have  log out and log-in manually
hen it always works.

2.  How can I add or remove user into/from the specific folder directly not
using
group account ?  I mean I add user1 to A folder to have full access, and
remove the user to remove full access.

Thank you for your help.

dixon

0
Dixon (3)
11/18/2004 4:25:02 PM
vc.mfc 33608 articles. 0 followers. Follow

Bad Mail folder #4
How do I read the mail in the Bad Mail folder? Exchange 2003 Thank you Drag the .BAD files into Outlook Express. -- Neil Hobson Exchange MVP For Exchange news, links and tips, check: http://www.msexchangeblog.com "John" <john@vickerstechnology.com> wrote in message news:12bfd01c44340$26fb7c40$a401280a@phx.gbl... > How do I read the mail in the Bad Mail folder? Exchange > 2003 > > Thank you ...

Ad machine
I have to say, It is sad how much integration there now is with MSN. I thought this was bad in 04 but 05 really is a massive step towards an ad machine. Do you think MS will get the message for 06 ? or will everyone move to quicken ? David Given: a) It's been going this way for years despite complaints every year, and b) The barriers to moving to Quicken from Money, and c) By many accounts Quicken is as bad or worse, It would seem they already got all the message they wanted for M05. "David Cleland" <davidcleland@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:%232HHfzGqEHA....

moving old OE messages/folders into new computer
I'm trying to move or copy messages, nicely organized and residing in several inbox/sent subfolders from OE v6 in my old computer to OE v6 in my new computer. Also trying to move address book/contacts. I have tried usb cable transfer, net-working, even putting the old hard drive in the new machine; nothing works. The OE v6 in my new computer will not see any of this stuff or recognize formats. Any thoughts? Thanks Bud Calloway bud@nstarplanes.com FLL, FL For OE info see here http://insideoe.tomsterdam.com/ or an OE ng not OL, completely different app. "bud calloway" &...

adding time in a work schedule
adding time (30 minute lunch) to a time value (>6 hours) that is calculated from two cells that contain starting time & ending time EX 6:30am-3:00pm -- Chris =A1+"00:30:00" -- Regards Dave Hawley www.ozgrid.com "Chris" <Chris@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:861495D5-9D4A-4965-854E-34B5E9819EE4@microsoft.com... > adding time (30 minute lunch) to a time value (>6 hours) that is > calculated > from two cells that contain starting time & ending time EX 6:30am-3:00pm > -- > Chris One more: =A1+...

Adding AJAX Control Toolkit CollapsiblePanelExtender programmatically
I'd like to add an AJAX Control Toolkit extender, the Collapsible Panel, to a GridView row programmatically. My justification is this: I have rows that show stores. Some of the rows are chain businesses with multiple branch locations. Others are independent stores with only one location. For the chain stores, I need to expand the row, at the user's request, to show branch locations. But not on the independents where the location is already shown on the same line as the business name. Make sense? So, the CollapsiblePanelExtender with the ...

default value to be windowss user initials
what is the code to set a field value to the logged in user's initials? (the one I'm looking for is something stored in MS windows as part of the user's account -I think; not one associated with Access) thanks in advance, mark Here it is! Environ$("UserName") This command will return a string containing the Windows username. -- Yanick "Mark Kubicki" wrote: > what is the code to set a field value to the logged in user's initials? > (the one I'm looking for is something stored in MS windows as part of the > user's account -I think...

Is there any way to get OWA 2K3 to remember my domain\user name?
Is there any way to configure OWA so that after a user logins once, future use of OWA loads the same login in the Domain\User Name field? Right now , every time a user launches OWA, that user needs to enter both the user name and password. Is there no way to configure OWA to use a cookie or something to load the last used Domain\User Name? Thanks. Gus I believe that would be more a function of IE on each machine than of OWA. -- Matthew Tisdel South Carolina "Gus" wrote: > Is there any way to configure OWA so that after a user logins once, > future use of OWA loads the s...

Business Portal
Does any one know of a library (.dll) for the business portal which exposes the option of adding new users and rights to the business portal. It seems there is a pretty intense set of sql work by the app when you add users to the portal and looks near impossible to recreate manually. Scenerio: We have about 100 users that need to be added to the business portal and want to be able to automate adding them to sharepoint services and the business portal via a .net programming language (c#). Also this would be used for automation as new employess come online. I'd be happy if the BP...

API
some one can help for how to get a free IRQ . I want to get the number of free IRQ or list of IRQ's avilable (not using) ...

Adding some minutes to a time
In A1 I have a time (starting time), say 07:30. In A2 I have a number of minutes that are calculated on the basis of entries made elsewhere in the spreadsheet, say 84. What I want is A3 to show the total of A1 and A2 (the ending time in other words). This ought to be easy but for some reason I can't seem to get it to work. -- Bob http://www.kanyak.com A3: =A1+A2/(24*60) Opinicus wrote: > In A1 I have a time (starting time), say 07:30. In A2 I have a number of > minutes that are calculated on the basis of entries made elsewhere in the > spreadsheet, say 84. What I want...

Removing menu item from MDI childframe
Hello, In an MDI application I would like to remove a top level menu item based upon the priveleges of the current user. I have no problem doing this in the CMainFrame. However whenever a new child frame is created the menu item reappears. I have tried to add the item-deleting logic to the CMDIChildWnd, but with no success. I have tried adding logic to various functions, such as OnCreate(), OnCreateClient(), and OnMDIActivate(). In each case GetMenu() returns a non-null pointer, but trying to do anything with the pointer leads to an ASSERT() somewhere (I don't know where). Any ideas...

Problem with creating a Mailbox on an existing user using a .vbs script
Hi, I am getting an error when I try to run the script below. Line: 35 Char: 2 Error: Object doesn't support this property or method: 'oMailbox.CreateMailbox' Code: 800A01B6 Can anyone find what the problem is? I have tried different methods, but none of them are working for me. Thanking you inadvance. Regards, Byron ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Const ADS_PROPERTY_UPDATE = 2 Const ADS_PROPERTY_APPEND = 3 Const ADS_PROPER...

adding hlp
Hi! How add ".hlp" file to my application? Bart Bart, > How add ".hlp" file to my application? Have a look at the resources listed on this page: http://www.mshelpwiki.com/index.php?page=HTMLHelpArticles -- Pete (Microsoft Help MVP) Bart, > How add ".hlp" file to my application? To correct myself, here is a useful article in Acrobat format on how to connect WinHelp files (not HTML Help files) to C++/MFC applications: http://www.smountain.com/resource/CPPWinHelp.pdf -- Pete (Microsoft Help MVP) ...

CUMULATIVE ADDING IN A COLUMN?
FOR GOODNESS SAKES SURELY IT CANT B THIS DAMN DIFFICULT...IM DOING MY HEAD IN HERE! ALL I WANT TO DO IS KEY IN AN AMOUNT IN A SINGLE COLUMN AND HAVE EXCEL CUMULATIVELY ADD THE AMOUNTS TOGETHER FOR ME SAVE THE USE OF A CALCULATOR. EG I ENTER IN COLUMN A: $10. THEN ON THE NEXT LINE IN "A", I ENTER $20. EXCEL THEN ADDS THESE, CHANGING $20 TO $30.CAN SOMEONE PLS HELP B4 I CONTEMPLATE THROWING THIS PC OUT THE WINDOW! MANY THANX!!! Hi It is considered very rude to use CAPITALS for a post. Take a chill pill! If you want a running total in an adjacent column you can do this by adding ...

Install 3.0 Failed
I am in the process of installing 3.0 on a server. All of the inital checks are fine. I proceed to install and it fails with an error "Action Microsoft.Crm.Setup.Server.CreateSetupUserAction failed HRESULT 0x80040237" I searched the Knowledge Base and found KB 941498. I did what it said but got the following error for msxml2.dll - LoadLibrary("msxml2.dll") failed. The specified module could not be found. How do I go about getting XML 2 (the parser I'm guessing) when it hasn't be supported in years? Is there something else I can do? I am installing 3.0...

POP3 server not responding
What could be causing my POP3 server to not respond. I have other computers set up the exact same as this computer and they get e-mail. This computer's Windows Mail gets hung up with POP3 server not responding. Kenny Crystal Ball is out of Commission today. What is the error message that is showing. Post it as per verbatim to receive help -- Peter Please Reply to Newsgroup for the benefit of others Requests for assistance by email can not and will not be acknowledged. "Kenny-G" <Kenny-G@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:F77DCA7D-1...

Mail Enabled Folder Icons
Hello, I have recently setup an Exchange 2003 server running on Windows 2000. I have setup a mail enabled folder in exchange that accepts external mail, this works fine, the problem I have is some of the external items are displayed as Post items instead of mail items, which means when a user tries to reply to the mail, they end up posting to the public folder instead of replying to the sender. Does anyone know whats causing this? Any help would be appreciated. Regards, Rob Rob wrote: > Hello, I have recently setup an Exchange 2003 server running on > Windows 2000. > I have setu...

Unable to open default e-mail folders
Hello, New machine - WinXP Pro/Outlook2ks having problems with Exhange account connection. The Exchange Server is an NT 4.0 Server. Existing Win98, Win2000, and even a WinXP laptop have functioning Outlook connections. This Dell box give the message: "Unable to open your default e-mail folders. You must connect to your Microsoft Exchange Server computer with the current profile before you can synchronize your folders with your offline folder file." This client is able to browse the domain including the machine housing the Exchange Server. The credentials are valid and ...

Adding XAML/Spry to a Webpage?
What is required in order to add XAML/Spry to a webpage, giving it a near instantaneous display/matching capabilities? Thanks! Ross ...

removing the last of 5.5
I have already upgraded to Exchange 2003 from 2000 and 5.5, everything has been moved over and the 5.5 has been down for some time and everything is working fine. Now that I want to remove the 5.5s the Active directory seems not to be able to connect to the 5.5 server. I have already removed it from the 5.5 organization but it is not synchronizing with the 2003 system manager. How can I manually remove this server from the 2003 system manager? Thanks. You'll need to use ADSIedit to remove it from AD. http://support.microsoft.com/kb/328668/en-us Nue h gregorian wrote: > I ha...

I can't remove a watermark in Word 2007, suggestions?
I am having difficulty removing a watermark form a document in Word 2007. Any suggestions would be appreciated. Watermarks are anchored to a header. Double-click to activate the header area; you should then be able to select and delete the watermark. -- Stefan Blom Microsoft Word MVP "jdgesq2" <jdgesq2@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:2887A6E3-9CDA-48E5-903B-01054A185A3C@microsoft.com... >I am having difficulty removing a watermark form a document in Word 2007. > Any suggestions would be appreciated. ...

Removing "Forward" marks?
Hello all, Using MS Office XP (Outlook 2002) SP3 (and Word as email editor). You know when you get those chain emails with pix, jokes, prayers, etc. in them that have been forwarded 10,000 times. Every time I get one that I want to forward, I edit out all the extra crap before sending it on. Some email programs will put a vertical bar on the left margin of the forwarded message. I'm trying to figure out how to delete that bar. It doesn't appear to be an object or anything like that. I can't select it, so I can't delete it. One of these emails has about 5 of them. Is...

Exchange folder assistant rules appear to break rfc 2821, 2822
We have an Exchange 2000 public folder that replies to all with a template via folder assistant. If someone emails the public folder with e.g. an oversize mailbox, we reply to them, their sys admin sends a delivery failure with return path set to null and we reply to the sys admin. I assume the same problem arises for server side mailbox rules. Is there a work around or will this be fixed? RFC 2821 says: Implementors of automated email processors should be careful to make sure that the various kinds of messages with null reverse-path are handled correctly, in particular such systems SHOULD ...

Need ADC after in place AD upgrade?
This is my first in-place upgrade . . . Single AD domain upgraded in place from nt4 single exchange 5.5 server (nt4 os) in single site org (120 mailboxes) new exchange 03 server on new hardware (server 03 sp1) when doing the migraiton it requires an ADC to be installed, when I set that up will it hose the AD already in place or am I better off doing a new 2003 ORG and interorg move mailboxes? It shouldn't "hose" your new AD. It should make the migration possible. If you use the Exchange Deployment tools (run setup.exe on root of CD, then choose Deployment tools), it wi...

Public folder problem #7
Some how our public folders have been screwed up big time. One of my chaps some how has created a new public folder store and asscioted with the existing public folders tree. The publci folder tree or the public folder store cannot be deleted in exchange manager. when i try to delete the store the error message i get is the specified folder store could not be removed from the replica lists of its public folders because no other public folder store replicating the same public folder tree could be contacted when i try to delete the public folder in exchange manager the error message ...