Anyone have a UML model for a vanilla SDI project?

I was getting ready to start developing UML models for some of my
projects and it occurred to me that it would be easier to start with
UML for an AppWizard-generated SDI or MDI project.  I haven't been able
to find one so I'm beginning to suspect this may be harder than it
seems at first glance.  Has anybody seen one?

Thanks in advance.

vc.mfc 33608 articles. 0 followers. Follow

Bob,

The level of difficulty would of courase depend on the level on detail. You
might want to check my free UML-editor at
http://www.codeproject.com/miscctrl/umleditor.asp - it will be able to
create/import part of the diagram with the notable exception that you'll
have to separate the about dialog class and declaration to separate files.
You'll have to model relationships by hand, and also create the classes
manually, importing the details from the h-files.

But going the complete way, you should add an instance variable for the
application for example. Perhaps model the MFC base classes :-) You could
work with this for the next decade, actually *laughter*

Johan Rosengren
Abstrakt Mekanik AB

"Bob" <stratpilot@aol.com> skrev i meddelandet
>I was getting ready to start developing UML models for some of my
> projects and it occurred to me that it would be easier to start with
> UML for an AppWizard-generated SDI or MDI project.  I haven't been able
> to find one so I'm beginning to suspect this may be harder than it
> seems at first glance.  Has anybody seen one?
>
> Thanks in advance.

Hi,

Rather than describing in great detail the standard SDI or MDI projects
why not combine UML with design patterns
http://home.earthlink.net/~huston2/dp/patterns.html.  Saves you alot of
effort and allows the reader to concentrate on the real functionlaity
of the program?

I know this dosn't really answer your question but unsless your
writting some a mission critical control system I can't see the point
of increasing the workload by having to keep both the documented design
and the code in sync?

Robhttp://www.enigmatechnologies.co.uk

UTF-8 string in MBCS project
I've just inherited an MFC program which was created with MBCS project setting. There is now a requirement for a string provided from an external source in UTF-8 format to be displayed by the program in a CStatic control. The string may contain Japanese characters so these need to be displayed correctly. How can I do this? If one solution is to recompile the whole program with UNICODE support, I'd rather avoid doing that in this case as I am still unfamiliar with the source code and it's likely that lots of things will break. Steve Jones wrote: > I've...

anyone knows
presently I am using Excel 2000. For file open I use ^O or open fro file menu, a box appeared from where I can select file for open. Lef side of this box some shortcuts are there to reach a specific locatio such as "History", "Mydocument", "Desktop", "Favorities" etc. I want to add my locations (directory) so that I can reach there fast. How I can do? thanks in advance. S Kara -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com You can use the Places COM add-in from Microsoft: INFO: Office Developer Samples and Tools Available for Download http:...

Anyone?
Anyone? In news:1121087669.975314.186420@g44g2000cwa.googlegroups.com, Zack Schneeberger <schneebie1@**** > typed: > Anyone? Yes? ...

FMD: MDD/PDD model
Hi All, I am using Windows CE 6.0 R2 and have working Flash driver as per MDD/ PDD model. Now I want to partition the flash at the bootloader level so that flashpart.dll can understand it. Question here is whether MSFT has updated Bootpart.lib to do this? If not what is the alternative? Thanks MK The short answer is no. bootpart.lib only creates MBR type partition that only recognized by mspart.dll. Flashpart.dll uses complete different partition management, so the only way to create Flash MDD/PDD compatible partition is flashpart itself. As the fact of lacking source of ...

Cost changes on one inserted project in master project
Project Server (PS) 2007 SP2 MSO I have a master project (MP) with several inserted projects. The MP is not stored on PS. It was built by inserting projects from PS and breaking each link. Calculate is set to manual. I open the MP which has all inserted projects collasped. I expand one and the cost changes (turns blue) in the one above it (still collasped). I calculate and it turns back to the number it was. Why? These are inserted projects, none of them roll into another. Also, often a number turns blue but there is no change. I have taken it to the 13th decimal (in e...

Project : error PRJ0050: Failed to register output.
Im currently refactoring an MFC application to an MFC DLL. What reasons would stop regsvr32 registering the DLL? It gives the following hint "Please ensure you have the appropriate permissions to modify the registry." Which I can assure you I do have. My hunch is it is something to do with some global data that may be being created etc - which was fine in an exe but now not in a DLL ? Are there some definate do's/dont's when using a DLL vs an EXE ? Has anybody had this type of problem before? Im just having to eliminate lots of code to try and find the culprit? &qu...

Anyone know what a
stick graph is? Is it similar to a candlestick graph? Kids have to do one for homework and nobody seems to know what it is! Rob Graham Hi Rob, Is it possibly a xy scatter where the points are not connected to each other but with the x axis. Looks sort of like a column chart with very thin bars. Where the x axis is a value axis and not the usual category type. If so plot your x and y values as a normal scatter chart , points only. The add negative Y error bars to the series. Use custom values and select the y values. This should then drop vertical lines to the x axis. Rob Graham wrote...

Anyone?
I am making a list of names that I will be ranking and need to be able to move them up and down the list frenquently in a timely mannor. How do I create a list that I can click on a name then drag and drop it into another spot on the list, as aposed to cutting and inserting? ...

Has anyone been able to write an if/then formula in excell?
Has anyone been able to write an If/Then formula in Excell? (e.g. If A5=21, then B35=10/21/04) Hi in cell B35 enter =IF(A5=21,DATE(2004,10,21),"") -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany "KirkF" <KirkF@discussions.microsoft.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag news:8E5F75BB-F4F3-4853-97A5-7FEB7AC4C8CB@microsoft.com... > Has anyone been able to write an If/Then formula in Excell? (e.g. If A5=21, > then B35=10/21/04) No. You can't write a formula that will affect another cell. You' need to use VBA code for that -- firefyt ----------------------------...

How to disable "Object Model Guard" in Outlook for 1 specific program.
Is there any setting that can be selected/changed, either thru EXCAHANGE server or in outlook itself to disable the "Object Model Guard" security feature for 1 specific program. We are running Outlook 2002 with XP. I am using Timberline - Project Manager software indivdually on 13 PC's and a huge feature we are using is through Outlook to document communication by emailing. Each Proj. Mgr has anywhere from 20-40 contacts per project and they are running 2-4 projects each. The convience and efficancy of the Timberline software is being lost each time I have to select the "Y...

Rename project
I have inherited a project that is not named correctly. I downloaded the "Rename Project" from www.codeproject.com which sounds like something I need to do. I copied this utility to the directory where the dsw lives, launched it, and it dispalys: Project Workspace New Name: Directory: I put in the new workspace name for the first field. I click on the [...] button and navigate to the old dsw name. It won't accept just the directory. Then I click on OK. I get an application error as follows: The instruction at "0x78010a10" referenced memory at "0x0040a0...

Hiding Project Workspaces webpart for PWA group
I have one group in my PWA site (i.e. External Group). I dont want the users of this group to view "Project Center" link in PWA site and also "Project Workspaces" webpart which is there on the main page of the site. They should not be able to view the Project Workspaces which are there in PWA. Are there any permission changes which I can do? Plz help.. The Project Workspace Web Part is not very good for this. You could create you own web part, use a third party custom query web part, or use SQL reporting services to display a custom report with the links ...

Anyone else?
Does anyone else have any suggestions for this dillema that I find myself in? Thanks in advance, MC The only thing that I can gather from your post is that you need to use the spelling checker. The grammar could be better too. -- Hope this helps. Please reply to the newsgroup unless you wish to avail yourself of my services on a paid consulting basis. Doug Robbins - Word MVP, originally posted via msnews.microsoft.com "Michaelcip" <Michaelcip@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:B6EF553F-9538-44EE-BC74-127081A880F4@microsoft.com... > Doe...

Anyone on the inside know when Yukon is coming?
How about pricing as well? I'm really interested in the 'native' xml capabilities. Updating at the node-level especially. Not much has been disclosed. Details will be unveilded at the PDC in October, Attendants will get a beta version. They may be setting a target release date once they collected enough feedback from the closed beta that's going on right now. -- HTH Christoph Schittko [MVP] Software Architect, .NET Mentor "Baseman" <nospam_productdata@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:PbQ4b.15021$j26.10001@lakeread02... > How about pricing as well? I'...

Project suggestions
Hello all We are small university in Virginia and we are looking for offers to implement GP. the school has the required infrastructure. please e-mail me at behery65@msn.com HB ...

Project Portfolio Server
Is it possible to customize the "Status" tab in PPS? We wish to include a number of custom attributes as text boxes that PM's would fill out to update their status. We have successfully updated the "Project Info" tab and the Additional Info Tab, but are not able to update the status tab. project.aspx default settings: <tabitem name="Status"> <WP:MonthlyStatus runat="server" > <Config> <content columns="2"> <sectionbreak name="Attributes" width="910" /...

Is there anyone ?
Hi: Is there anyone who can be my friend? we can talk eachother and have fun. Thanks in advance. Edwin, You've posted this plea in a forum dedicated to support of the Access database program, which is part of some versions of MS Office. Unless you want to ask questions about MS Access, this is the wrong place. Please search out a chat or social networking forum, such as MyFace and try there. Best of luck. George "Edwin" <zcoolzc@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:5AAE16D7-2B5B-4679-99BA-DE20B94F0C22@microsoft.com... > Hi: > Is ...

Anyone else getting this?
Unable to send or receive messages for the 3946 account. Windows Live Mail can't connect to the Hotmail server. To send and receive messages in your Hotmail account, go to http://hotmail.live.com on the Web, or try again later. Server Error: 5102 Server Response: Xfs request 'SyncBinary' failed. Response code: 'UserLocked', server response: '750 0' Server: 'http://mail.services.live.com/DeltaSync_v2.0.0/Sync.aspx' Windows Live Mail Error ID: 0x8DE00002 I can send when I log on to this webmail account and I can receive the message...

Is anyone running into reconciliation issues during year-end closing?
We have heard from many customers leading into the 2011 year-end close process asking how The Closer can help with GL to Sub-Ledger reconcilations in Great Plains. With The Closer you can reconcile your GL to the AR, AP, Cash, Accrued Purchases, Inventory, Sales and COGS sub-ledgers. Some users of The Closer have seen their closing process go from taking over 40 hours to only 2 hours. The Closer works from v7.0 to current. Please do not put yourself through another year-end process of manually reonciling Dynamics GP. The Closer is priced right, installs in 20 minutes and can add immediat...

Project Portfolio Server Change Attributes/Field Names?
Need help of Portfolio gurus, please. In Portfolio 2007, once you open up a project/proposal from the dashboard, you have several sections on the Project Info tab. For example, 'Project Objectives', Business Need, Project Scope, Project Dependencies and so on. Is there a way to relabel or rename these fields? Alternatively, can we hide some of these sections and add new sections with the labels that I need? These labels and sections could not be located in the Attribute definitions, so I am guessing these are reset somewhere else? Please advise. It looks like you didn&#...

UserForm loaded twice in VBA Project Explorer
Hello, For some reason my userform is loading twice in Project Explorer. I believe it is causing an out of memory error when I attempt to add/edit code on the userform. Does anyone know why it does this and how I can make it stop? Thank you for your assistance Just right click on the userform name of the dupicated userform you want to remove and click remove. If this helps, let me know by clicking "YES" below. -- Cheers, Ryan "OffDev" wrote: > Hello, > > For some reason my userform is loading twice in Project Explorer. > I beli...

Is there anyone?
Hi: Is there anyone who can be my friend ? we can talk eachother and have fun. Thanks in advance. ...

Any thoughts on the proofing tools crash, anyone?
Hello group! On Dec 3rd I wrote this group asking for tips on what might be causing Entourage to crash every time I run a spell check with any other dictionary than US English. Later the same day, I also posted the crash log to the group. So, does anyone have any pointers to offer me here? Sincerely, Jonas Hi Jonas, A search of Google turns up this information: <http://groups.google.com/groups?q=Entourage+proofing+crash&ie=ISO-8859-1&hl =en&btnG=Google+Search> If Google doesn't have the answer to your question, please follow up with another posting in this same t...

Anyone seen this before?
Object Operation: Object Server: DS Operation Type: Object Access Object Type: computer Object Name: CN=ServerNAME,OU=Citrix Servers,OU=somewherenow,OU=Servers,DC=Somewhere,DC=ORG Handle ID: - Primary User Name: DomainController$ Primary Domain: Somewhere Primary Logon ID: (0x0,0x3E7) Client User Name: ServerNAME$ Client Domain: Somewhere Client Logon ID: (0x0,0x1A395C34) Accesses: Write Property Properties: --- Public Information servicePrincipalName computer Additional Info: Additional Info2: Access Mask: 0x20 Howdie! ...

Model Quantity
RMS should have an option to automatically calculate reorder points based upon customer-dictated criteria-- such as, "Set reorder Quantity to Avg. Sold Over Last 2 Weeks" The software should also generate sophisticated inventory models based upon time of year, and sale history. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based...