Anybody recently gotten IActiveDesktop to work?

I am trying to resolve the IActiveDesktop 'undeclared identifier' error and
I've tried everything I've ever found in googled posts with no success.

Just including "shlobj.h" doesn't work.

Including "wininet.h" before "shlobj.h" doesn't work.

Undef'ing the IE version and manually defining it to 0x400 doesn't work
(tried before including wininet.h and shlobj.h)

Et cetera...

Anyone...  Bueller...?

    WTH

0
ih8spam (77)
1/22/2004 9:40:45 PM
vc.mfc 33608 articles. 0 followers. Follow

Answer is:

    You MUST define wininet.h BEFORE afxdisp.h otherwise you can't define
IActiveDesktop vis shellobj.h.  Great...

    WTH

"WTH" <ih8spam@spamtrap.com> wrote in message
> I am trying to resolve the IActiveDesktop 'undeclared identifier' error
and
> I've tried everything I've ever found in googled posts with no success.
>
> Just including "shlobj.h" doesn't work.
>
> Including "wininet.h" before "shlobj.h" doesn't work.
>
> Undef'ing the IE version and manually defining it to 0x400 doesn't work
> (tried before including wininet.h and shlobj.h)
>
> Et cetera...
>
> Anyone...  Bueller...?
>
>     WTH

0
ih8spam (77)

Money 2006 for PPC: does it work?
Hi there! I'd like to know if Money 2006 for Pocket PC works for Windows Mobile 5 (in the download page, only stated are 2002 and 2003 -> http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyID=6f040b65-42f5-4dca-b301-9f05a8583692&displaylang=en). Another thing is: Money 2006 or Ultrasoft Moneylink? What do you advise? Is there any place where we can check what functionalities are contained in Money 2006 for PPC? Account register, etc... Can anyone help? Thanks in advance, Nuno Dionísio ...

Clear XP recent documents programatically
Is there a way to programatically clear XP recently opened documents list? "gargoyle60" <gargoyle60@example.invalid> wrote in message news:njbi161rgepkrghm57ekfu91cukj2c64di@4ax.com... > Is there a way to programatically clear XP recently opened documents list? If not, you can set Recent Documents not to display on Start Menu and delete from desktops any shortcut to this record. TweakUI may be the simplest method. -- Don Phillipson Carlsbad Springs (Ottawa, Canada) Simply delete the shortcuts in the Recent Documents folder. A bat file running in the ...

If statement works here, case doesn't
The code below uses a Sheet_Change event to allow or not allow other changes to the sheet. It applies to some sheets in the workbook, but not to others. The Select Case statement determines which is which and bypasses the process of looking up a password for the appropriate sheets. I tried to write a case statement to circumvent the process for all sheets with the word "Monthly" in their title, but couldn't make it work. I finally put the entire Case loop inside a If statement and it works fine. ' PUBLIC VARIABLES FOR THIS MODULE ARE DECLARED IN MODPASSW...

Working with dates
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Excel 97: This should be easy but I can't get my head in gear today. Please see attachments. On Sheet1 D:2 I need to know, from Output sheet, how many dates in column E are later than the dates in column D (where populated) On Sheet1 D:3 I need to know how many dates on output sheet column B are between the dates on sheet1 B3 and C3 Any help greatly appreciated +-------------------------------------------------------------------+ |Filename: Sheet1.pdf ...

does PostDeliver actually work?
hi! all the other events fire fine, but when there is an incoming email PostDeliver seems not be called. am i doing something wrong or is it broken? alwin ...

being asked to work magic
As a general question. i have a an excel spreadsheet with a pivot table style chart that is not actually a pivot table. On the left side is a list of groups with information about the groups trailing to the right. Each column has data related to the group, blah, blah, blah. Anyway, is there a way that i can create an action so that when i double clicked on the group, a new tab would be created with information that is not the same information already in my chart? I know that the pivot table allows me to click a cell in the data area and bring back the detail behind the cell, but the data i wa...

Does anybody know of any free templates for managing transformatio
Does anybody know of any templates for business or process transformation to work with Project, Visio or Powerpoint? Looking at transformation is a journey without end (but with demonstrable changes/milestones/improvements along the way and is about culture and attitude more than technology or equipment. Accepts that perhaps many concurrent activities covering differnt core capabilities and lines of development occur in parallel, sometimes with the same actors, sometimes different and interacting. At some point take stock, refresh reenergise and move forward. ...

ACH Check Conversion at POS anybody doing this?
I am currently setting up Check verification or maybe we will use ACH check conversion. I would appreciate any advice or warnings from users who have tried and failed or tried and tried and tried and finally suceeded. We have been trying to get Positive and Abanco and Geti to get echeck verification running for 2 months still no luck. -- RMS 1.3, MSDE 3 Lanes, 5 Back Office Clients XP sp2 Server 2003 sp1 Domain Static IP ...

Does Validation works for date ??
Hi Does data validation works for date ?? For example : A1 contains today's date in it & if some one tries to put yesterday's date in B1 it will not allow(we can put tomorrow's date).How it would be possible ?? -- Little Master ------------------------------------------------------------------------ Little Master's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=28227 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=480089 I just used data validation yesterday for a date. What exactly do you want to check? "Little Ma...

Anybody had this problem??
Hi, Having a serious issue with Publisher 2002 and my HP Deskjet 5550. There has been no problems until I started pasting in some HI-Res pics from a mfgr. The pictures are CMYK. I guess normal pics are usually RGB. Anyway if I stick just one picture that is a CMYK color format into my document Publisher crashes when I give it the print command. I have to change the picture in Corel Photo-Paint to RGB. Then and only then will the page print out. Anybody know anything about this? Thanks if you do and take the time to tell me Catt J Send one of the pics to me. I have Pub 2002 and I have ...

MS Office Word 2007 Has Stopped Working
I'm using Subject Word under Win7. That's a message I get after I close Word 2007. It seems like the doc produced or modified works, but produces that message. What's up? -- Wayne Watson (Watson Adventures, Prop., Nevada City, CA) (121.015 Deg. W, 39.262 Deg. N) GMT-8 hr std. time) Obz Site: 39� 15' 7" N, 121� 2' 32" W, 2700 feet Solid waste produced to generate electricity per person over a lifetime: Nuclear power -- 2 pounds in a coke can Fossil ...

I Can Open Anybody's Inbox
Re: Using Outlook 2003 Client -- File --> Open -- Other Users Folder I am the Sys-Admin and Exchange Admin of our company and yes, I had added my account to the domain Admins Security Group and Also I was a member of the Exchange Services Security Group. Yesterday I removed myself from those security groups. My account right now does not belong to any security groups. But 18 hours after removing myself from those security groups, I can still open my Outlook 2003 Client, go to File --> Open --> --> Other Users Folder and successfully Open up anybody in my companies'...

Most Recent
Good afternoon, I'm trying to run a query that will only pull the most recent entry. I have my table set up with a field (Auto-Number) i just don't know how to make it pull the most recent entry (only). thank you for your help. Autonumbers are not a 100% guaranteed to be sequential so that could be a problem. If you want to be almost 100% sure, you need a field in your table that has a data type of Date/Time and a default value of Now(). You can try the autonumber field with something like: SELECT TOP 1 YourTable.* FROM YourTable ORDER BY YourTable.Autonumber_Field DESC; ...

Is there a discussion moderator for this newsgroup, or anybody in charge of it in some way?
I was testing some trial enforcement code and I forgot I changed my momputer's date. Now an item from me is gonna sit on top of the newsgroup until next Xmas unless I can find the right person at Microsoft to help me remove it. I've asked before but nobody responded. Can anyone offer any suggestions? Thank you. Ivan ...

Importing invoices ... anybody ... anybody at all ???
Does anybody know of any possible way of importing invoices in the small business version of Money? Please??? -Jeff ...

BeginWaitCursor does not work over dialog box
I feel like this problem should be SO easy, but I just cannot figure it out. I have a modeless dialog box that has to communicate with another program after you click OK. So, I wanted to add a wait cursor while we're waiting for the processing to finish. It seems to be working perfectly, except that the wait cursor shows up over the main window, but I still get an arrow if I have the mouse over the dialog box. I have been looking around on the internet, but haven't found this problem anywhere else. I am definitely a beginner with MFC, so maybe this is really an easy problem. But, ...

Money 2006 buttons/links not working
Recently upgraded from 2004 to 2006. Many buttons and links within 2006 don't work (i.e. do nothing when clicked). For instance in the home page in the selection bar across the top: Home,Banking,Bills,Reports,Budget work but Investing Planning and Taxes do not. Also in the home page in the left column Investing Home, Planning Home, and Taxes Home do nothing. In my portfolio, none of the 'news' links do anything (new news has arrived when mouse hovers but nothing on a click) Other links that I suspect should go to web sites (MS offers) also do nothing. Possible hint, the s...

Word icon from desktop doesn't work
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard) Processor: intel I copied the Word icon from the Office folder in the applications folder onto the desktop, but when I click on it, it says 'the Application Microsoft Word quit unexpectedly'. The dock icon also did that, then it started working. Error message Dyld Error Message: Library not loaded: @executable_path/../Frameworks/MicrosoftComponentPlugin.framework/Versions/12/MicrosoftComponentPlugin Referenced from: /Users/robertcharnes/Desktop/Microsoft Word.app/Contents/MacOS/Microsoft Word Reason: image not found You ...

Web Query Not Working
Up until yesterday, my web query in my Excel worksheet has been working perfectly. I have been using the saved query named "Microsoft Investor Stock Quotes.iqy". It looks like the server accessed by the URL has been down. When I ping the domain, I get the message that the ping timed out. The link used by the query is http://investor.msn.com/external/excel/quotes.asp?SYMBOL=AA,fdx... Is anyone else experiencing the same problem? Does anyone know how to contact MSN to jog them to get things up and running? Or, have they stopped supporting the query? Gary Mine went d...

WMI,IPAddress,SubnetMask setting! Doesn't work .Help
There is all the code.every function works well. but nothing changed. Why?? BSTR Path = SysAllocString(L"\\\\MyComputerName\\root\\cimv2"); for a test,the above line must be modified.replace "MyComputerName" with your own computer name. I use vc6, and a console app. for my local computer,Win32_NetworkAdapterConfiguration=8 Thank you everyone. Thank you very much!!! #define _WIN32_DCOM #include <Wbemidl.h> #pragma comment(lib,"Wbemuuid.lib") #include <atlbase.h> //#include "wbemcli.h" #include "objbase.h" #inclu...

Anybody out there? Outlook Today pane and other questions
I want to set up several layers of tasks, for instance, call, drop by, mail flyers, as well as lists of other unrelated projects. BUt my outlook today pane only shows one task list. I went under customize, and it allows you to pick a folder, ie inbox, but that won't show your tasks. Can I customize what outlook today shows? Or, what is the best way to use oUtlook for project management? And what is the best way to deal with a sales contact list? It seems like you can't change the flag color in contacts, and you can't color code the contact label to show who you've c...

Reading Office 2000 files under Works 9
I will be transferring files created under Office 2000 to a new machine running Works 9 - will I be able to read those files, or, do I have to install Office on the new machine? "jcnygaard" <jcnygaard@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:4D354FE3-C86A-4BC6-B11E-159AD19F56C9@microsoft.com... > I will be transferring files created under Office 2000 to a new machine > running Works 9 - will I be able to read those files, or, do I have to > install Office on the new machine? Works is the stripped down suite of programs and may or may not open ...

Complex conditional summing
I'm trying to use an array formula SUM with nested IFs to accomplish some complex conditional sums. If I use "COUNT" as the outermost function I get a number that appears to be correctly counting the target cells. I've added a nested "IF(ISNUMBER(range))" to the count function and verified that it returns the same number as the function without it, so it would seem all the selected cells are, in fact, numbers. I've even calculated a separate array formula of =AND(ISNUMBER (range)) which returns TRUE, again to confirm all the cells in the range contain nu...

Most Recently Used list (MRU)
My Most Recently Used list (MRU) does not always list the Most Recently Used file. Sometimes the file i just used shows up and sometimes it doesnt. I cant find a pattern to identfy why it lists. Basically, i would like it to show any time i open the file. Or, at least if i save the file. How can i understand and control this. I now have it set to 9 Most Recently Used files. Thanks, Dave The MRU will only show those files that you open using Files | Open.... If you use a macro to open a file, or double click on a file to open it, then those won't show up. You can use a macro t...

How to get the list of "Recent Documents", with code
hi can some tell me how to get the list of recent documents list from windows start -recent document .is there any API to get the list . plz if some one have the solution tell to me thx in advance Here's how I do it using the CRecentFileList object. There are lots of other functions in it, but you'll get the idea. Tom CRecentFileList* pRecentFiles = theApp.GetRecentFilesList(); if(pRecentFiles) { CString csFileNameOnly; theApp.GetRecentFilesList()->WriteList(); int nNumItems = theApp.GetRecentFilesList()->GetSize(); m_nNumItems = 0; for(i...