Animation

I try to animate dialog box on the screen from one side to the other. The
animation is the most simple as can be - just in one direction without
reshaping the box. I created a timer for that which tick 30 times a second.
Inside the timer handle I check the current placement and then move it one
pixel.
Everything goes right but problem is that the program is very busy and
hardly react to user key strokes.
The environment is win2000 ,PC with  2.4GHZ and VC 6.0.

Can someone advise please?

Thanks
George

vc.mfc 33608 articles. 0 followers. Follow

You could try moving it further on each time tick.  I think this would still
trick the eye into pretty smooth motion.  We move windows on the screen all
the time (by dragging) and they move pretty smoothly most of the time.

Is there something else going on in your program that could be causing this
slow down as well?  Perhaps you could move that code into a thread.

Are you doing this continuously or just animating it across the screen?

Tom

"George" <george@lack.net.il> wrote in message
>I try to animate dialog box on the screen from one side to the other. The
> animation is the most simple as can be - just in one direction without
> reshaping the box. I created a timer for that which tick 30 times a
> second.
> Inside the timer handle I check the current placement and then move it one
> pixel.
> Everything goes right but problem is that the program is very busy and
> hardly react to user key strokes.
> The environment is win2000 ,PC with  2.4GHZ and VC 6.0.
>
> Can someone advise please?
>
> Thanks
> George

0
tserface (3860)
9/26/2006 3:12:43 PM
Try running the worker thread and do the move functionalty in that
thread use sleep in
thread , avoid WM_TIMER in Main thread;

Thanks
Sunil Singh

"Nobody is prefect and remain foreever here except the Universal Truth"

0
eitmsn1 (21)
9/27/2006 9:45:21 AM
What is more CPU consuming SetWindowPosition or MoveWindow?

Thanks

George

"Tom Serface" <tserface@msn.com> wrote in message
> You could try moving it further on each time tick.  I think this would
> still trick the eye into pretty smooth motion.  We move windows on the
> screen all the time (by dragging) and they move pretty smoothly most of
> the time.
>
> Is there something else going on in your program that could be causing
> this slow down as well?  Perhaps you could move that code into a thread.
>
> Are you doing this continuously or just animating it across the screen?
>
> Tom
>
> "George" <george@lack.net.il> wrote in message
>>I try to animate dialog box on the screen from one side to the other. The
>> animation is the most simple as can be - just in one direction without
>> reshaping the box. I created a timer for that which tick 30 times a
>> second.
>> Inside the timer handle I check the current placement and then move it
>> one
>> pixel.
>> Everything goes right but problem is that the program is very busy and
>> hardly react to user key strokes.
>> The environment is win2000 ,PC with  2.4GHZ and VC 6.0.
>>
>> Can someone advise please?
>>
>> Thanks
>> George

My first thought was: "email" :o)... but you're right of course, but I
didn't know if this was a continual thing of just the window moving at start
up or something like that.  We move windows all the time, but usually it
happens pretty quickly.

Tom

"George" <george@john.com> wrote in message
> What is more CPU consuming SetWindowPosition or MoveWindow?
>
> Thanks
>
> George

0
tserface (3860)

why won't animations move in outlook 2007 emails
-- thank you Keith mole <kjmsafe-pot@yahoo.co.uk> wrote: <nothing> Because Microsoft removed the ability to display anomation from Outlook 2007. -- Brian Tillman Outlook 2007 does not support animated GIFs anymore due to tighter security handling. Patrick Schmid [OneNote MVP] -------------- http://pschmid.net *** Office 2007 RTM Issues: http://pschmid.net/blog/2006/11/13/80 *** Customize Office 2007: http://pschmid.net/office2007/customize RibbonCustomizer Add-In: http://pschmid.net/office2007/ribboncustomizer OneNote 2007: http://pschmid.net/office2007/onenote *** Subsc...

animation in outlook 2000
I receive mail all the time that has anmatied art in it. Each tiem i attemp to send an email messge by inserting an anmited clip the clip becomes a still picture. What meus be done to maintina the animation? Set your email format to HTML. (Tools | Options | Mail Format) Open a new message. Click in the body of the message. Select INSERT from the menu Select PICTURE... Browse to an animated jpg or gif file and select it or Set your email format to HTML (Tools | Options | Mail Format) Open a new message Click in the body of the message Find an animated picture on a web site or suc...

Animated chart
Jon Peltier recently posted an article called "Gas Price Interactive Time Series" on his blog. Can anyone please explain how the animation works? The chart plots the data in the first two rows of the data sheet. The scroll bar under the chart is linked to cell A1 in the data sheet. This corresponds to the row of the data list which is listed in row 2 of the data sheet and plotted in the chart. The first row of the data sheet contains series names, which do not change. The second row extracts the values from the proper row using this formula: cell B2: =INDEX(B$9:B$808,$A$1) ...

WEBSITE ANIMATIONS
Im trying to create a website with an animation but when I try to insert it (through the tool-bar) it won't let me. I created the animation in Macromedia flash, could that be why it's not working? -- AC Using a SWF file (Flash) in Publisher http://msmvps.com/blogs/dbartosik/articles/81253.aspx -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "Andrew" <Andrew@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:7AA7D80D-E91A-4BFB-B684-4483EBCCC36E@microsoft.com... > Im trying to create a website with an anim...

Animation query
I have created a slide in PowerPoint 2007 where to the left I have 4 bullet points and to the right I have inserted 4 pictures in association to the bullet points. I am trying to animate the slide so that I get bullet point 1 come in then picture 1, Bullet 2 then picture 2 etc. However, I am able to get all the bullets to come in 1,2,3,4 etc then the pictures 5,6,7,8. But if I try to move the first picture to come in after the first bullet the picture takes up number 1 spot then all the bullets. To resume, I can't seem to seperate the bullets to allow a picture to come ...

use animated text or animated clip art
how can I use animated text or animated clipart in publisher? Only if you are creating a web page. -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com http://officebeta.iponet.net/en-us/publisher/FX100649111033.aspx "Patty" <Patty@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:0FA23101-2A3D-4AED-A759-883F3A3C9F8B@microsoft.com... > how can I use animated text or animated clipart in publisher? I thought as much - thought I was missing something - thanks. I find it odd I can use animations in Word, but not publis...

Animated .gifs not animated
I really like Outlook 2007!! But, there is one thing which I find disappointing. Animated .gif files, e.g., "Smileys, Emoticons" in the body of a message are displayed as being static, i.e., no animation. Is there a way to change this so the animation works? And, if it makes any difference, this is on a Vista Ultimate machine. No, there is no way to change that.=20 --=20 Sue Mosher, Outlook MVP Author of Configuring Microsoft Outlook 2003 http://www.turtleflock.com/olconfig/index.htm and Microsoft Outlook Programming - Jumpstart for=20 Administrators, Power Us...

how to undo animation when "no animation
i can't get rid of an animation, regadless of what i click on, it is the same exact animation and "no animation" animates in theexact same way HELP!! This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_002D_01CAFC30.771476A0 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="Windows-1252" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable Hi Liz, This newsgroup is specifically for matters dealing with Microsoft = Project. I suggest you try to find a more appropriate newsgroup that = deals with your software problems. Mike Glen Project MVP "liz...

Animated graphics in Publisher emails should stay animated
Whenever I create emails in Publisher 2003 they come out great. However, I have noticed that animated gifs do not stay animated when I send out the emails with Publisher. If I want to use animated graphics, I must copy and paste and reformat into MS Word and then send out from Word. Try sending one to yourself, I think you will see it comes in animated. -- Don Vancouver, USA "xaos27" <xaos27@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:E53EBE3E-0CBF-4131-838D-4DA5762759ED@microsoft.com... > Whenever I create emails in Publisher 2003 they come out great. However...

Animated Picture in Outlook
I have received an email with animated picture, can I save that picture in the animated format, I have tried to save in a different format but not with the animation. Is there any way to do that ? help Dear, Please have a look here http://www.howto-outlook.com/Howto/saveembeddedpictures.htm -- (Please respond to this question Was this post helpful to you?) Hope this helps you more Regards APK "Aslukka" wrote: > I have received an email with animated picture, can I save that picture in > the animated format, I have tried to save in a different format but not with >...

Animation
I try to animate dialog box on the screen from one side to the other. The animation is the most simple as can be - just in one direction without reshaping the box. I created a timer for that which tick 30 times a second. Inside the timer handle I check the current placement and then move it one pixel. Everything goes right but problem is that the program is very busy and hardly react to user key strokes. The environment is win2000 ,PC with 2.4GHZ and VC 6.0. Can someone advise please? Thanks George You could try moving it further on each time tick. I think this would still trick the ey...

Animated gifs #3
Ever since I upgraded to Office 2007 animated gifs in the body of my emails are no longer animated. How can I set things so that I see these animations? Thanks in advance... Ronen Ben-Hai If I remember correctly, I believe animation has been removed for security reasons. -- Kathleen Orland Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook-tips.net/ http://www.howto-outlook.com/ "Ronen Ben-Hai" wrote: > Ever since I upgraded to Office 2007 animated gifs in the body of my emails > are no longer animated. How can I set things so that I see these > animations? > > Th...

Animated GIFs don't animate
Hello, If user has disabled "play animations in web pages" in the Control Panel, Internet Options, Advanced tab, then any animated .gif images I display in my Web Browser Control (actually it's an MFC CDHtmlDialog) don't animate. Is there a way I can override the user's IE setting and get my Web Browser Control to animate the gifs? To initialize the dialog, I'm already calling: DOCHOSTUIINFO info; info.cbSize = sizeof(info); GetHostInfo (&info); SetHostFlags (info.dwFlags | DOCHOSTUIFLAG_DIALOG | DOCHOSTUIFLAG_THEME | DOCHOSTUIFLAG_SCROLL_NO); Thanks,...

Animations are resetting when move/changing an object in PPT2007
Hi everybody, maybe somebody can help me out there. We have an PowerPoint Addin using non MS-Graph or 2007 Graph slides for displaying bars. we using a rectangle with the size of the bars. During a presentation i collecting data from my hardware and just try to resize the shape in the size for displaying it. now it always happens that the presentation is going to the point where i stop collecting and updating the bars. When i try to update the "bar - shapes", in 2007 it is resetting the animations to the index (0) Animation of the actual slide. I can force the prog...

Animated Advertisements
using Vista Home Premium and IE8 I am not using any ad blockers, filtering or anything else that would block ads. Example: when I go to a web page, there is a square box where the animation should be. The box is blank, except for the word advertisement in it. If I use firefox without an ad blocker, it shows the animation that is missing when I use IE8. Does anyone have an idea why this is happening. In Internet Options > Advanced tab > under Multimedia > put a check mark in 'Play animations in web pages' If that doesn't solve the problem, check...

animations
Animations that are sent to me won't work and my stationary will not scroll. I am told it has something to do with my security settings but I don't know what to change. I have outlook 2002 Try selecting tools | options | security tab and change the dropdown about 1/2 down from restricted zone to internet zone. (note: if the scrolling is done by vbscript/javascript, then this isn't a complete resolve since the preview pane may be designed to suppress all scripting for the sake of security.) -- Neo [MVP Outlook] Due to the Swen virus, all e-mails sent to this account will be del...

Animations
Why won't my animations work in Publisher? I don't want to create a web page. Instead I am creating an email newsletter that is just sent via outlook to my coworkers. I am not sending it as an attachement either. Please help me get them to move!! Thanks Animations only work in HTML. If you send the newsletter to your co-workers the animated gif will be received as a separate attachment. If they open the attachment it will animate. -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "LKH" <LKH@discussions.microsoft...

animated / motion / chart Excel
Hi, Is there any way to animate animate charts in Excel 2007. I have yearly series (2008, 2009, 2010, 2011) For example I would like that the chart being displayed would change with the year. Is there the possibility to do this inside of Excel? Using a macro (if there's a possibility without a a macro the better). Thank you, Cheers, Hugo Hi, There are a number of ways to do this but we need more info, show us a sample of the data layout. -- Thanks, Shane Devenshire "hcacote@gmail.com" wrote: > Hi, > > Is there any way to animate animate charts in Excel 2007...

Animation
why do clips inserts loose their animation in outlook if attached? Any ideas? ...

displaying animation from video card
I would like to crate a visual c++ application that will read video from some video card input, and display the video in a window. Ideally, I would like to eliminate the usual "stop" "play" "rewind" window controls, and have the software control the entire "show". I have been experimenting with VC++ tools like "animation control", "insert active x control", and "windows media player". Is this the preferred method, or is there a better approach? Have a look on DirectShow... You may find some samples on www.codeproject....

Animation in Publisher
I would like to add animation to my document in Publisher. However, when I add an animated graphic it appears as clip art and not animated. What am I doing wrong? Thank you for your assistance. Other than using the web/html (not publications/documents) output in Microsoft Publisher, animation is not supported in Microsoft Publisher. -- Brian Kvalheim "Eva" wrote: > I would like to add animation to my document in Publisher. However, when I > add an animated graphic it appears as clip art and not animated. What am I > doing wrong? Thank you for your assistance....

Animation
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard) Processor: intel Hi, Is there an option to speed up or disable the animation of the Toolbox when switching between palettes? Afraid not - Once launched the button at the right end of the palette's title bar allows you to switch the behavior of launching & closing the Toolbox from Genie to Scale or None, but the refresh time from one palette to another is not something you can adjust. I would imagine that there are a number of variables such as available RAM, video config, etc. that factor into its behavior as well as the o...

inheritance like Animal : List<Animal>
Hi! I know all of the below construction marked 1,2,3 but I'm little unsure how I should think when I have a constuction like this public class Animal : List<Animal> { .... } Can somebody give me some guideline so I can understand this. 1. public Car : SportCar { .... } or create a generic class in this way 2. public class MyVector<T> { .... } or create a generic instance like this 3. MyVector<int> = new MyVector<int>(); //Tony Tony Johansson wrote: > Hi! > > I know all of the below construction marked 1,2,3 but...

Animation
I'v made a xy-diagramm with a single point. This point should move - dependent of the x,y-values. These values are calculated by a Sub-procedure. Calculatind and writig into the cells, which are the data-source of the diagram-point, does well. But the point does'nt move. After the procedure has finished, the point moves to the endpoint of the calculation. Can somebody give me a hint, how I can manage the point to move? Thanks Otto H. Otto, Excel will only allow the screen to update when the macro is done. You can do this by successively calling the same macro: Excel will update af...

how do you animate a cell
Hello, I am a college student and need to animate my cells for a project. I have tried searching and I have no idea how to do it. Can anyone help me out? Thanks! ...