Anchor windows in a view

Hi All,

I need to be able to show permanent windows on a view in
the form of a tooltip which needs to have an anchor
placed on any edge.

Does anyone know of any projects in codeproject or
codeguru or anywhere else??

0
anonymous (74717)
3/18/2005 4:46:16 PM
vc.mfc 33608 articles. 0 followers. Follow

There is number of ways it can be implemented.
The easiest one would be to use CDialogBar and place edit control in it.
Make that bar a child of a frame that hosts a view.

"W Akthar" wrote:

> Hi All,
>
> I need to be able to show permanent windows on a view in
> the form of a tooltip which needs to have an anchor
> placed on any edge.
>

> Does anyone know of any projects in codeproject or
> codeguru or anywhere else??

0
RainMan6256 (150)

Outlook 2007 cannot start cannot open the outlook window
"Cannot start Microsoft Outlook" "Cannot open the outlook windoww" "The set of folders cannot be opened" "errors have been detected" This PC runs Vista Ultimate, 32 bit, SP? . friend of a friend of a friend Last week, the issue was "fixed" by running scanpst.exe BUT the problem comes back every few days. Maneuvers considered: uninstall Office 2007, http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx/kb/928218/en-us including ripping it out http://www.thewindowsclub.com/ways-to-uninstall-microsoft-office-2007 I ran the Office / ...

help setting up windows mail
Hello! I am trying to set up my windows mail using an @live.com e-mail address, yet I cannot find the POP and/or STMP information for @live addresses anywhere. What do I enter in these two fields? Thank you in advance! To follow up with more information about my problem, I found the site: http://mailcall.spaces.live.com/Blog/cns!CC9301187A51FE33!49799.entry?sa=115122547 I thought I would be all set to go. I used the POP3 name of: pop3.live.com (Port 995) When I leave the (Port 995) on it, it says it is an invalid POP account. When I do it without the (Port 995), ...

What is Window and Orphan protection?
What is Window and Orphan protection? It is WIDOW and orphan control - It prevents Word from having the first line of a paragraph alone at the bottom of a page, or the last line of a paragraph stranded at the top of a page. -- <>>< ><<> ><<> <>>< ><<> <>>< <>><<> Graham Mayor - Word MVP My web site www.gmayor.com Word MVP web site http://word.mvps.org <>>< ><<> ><<> <>>< ><<> <>>< <>><<> "...

canceling new window
Using Win XP and Excel 2003 I have a workbook with 3 worksheets. At one point I opened a new window and arranged them vertically so that I could do some data comparisons between sheet 1 and sheet 2. When I was done, I did not close the extra window; I simply maximized the original window. Then I saved the workbook and closed it. Now, whenever I open the workbook, I get two identical files that open. Each one has the same 3 worksheets. The two windows are the same filename with different extensions. One has the extension .xls:1 and the other has the extension .xls:2 When I close ...

Migrating from Windows XP 32-bit to Windows 7 64-bit
Got an existing PC that is 64-bit compatible, but I've been running 32-bit XP on it for ages. Now it's getting time to leave the XP behind. Didn't bother with Vista, like most people. I'm going to be going to Win 7 Ultimate 64-bit. Now, I'm aware that there isn't any official migration path between XP and Win7, and especially not between 32-bit and 64-bit. What I need to know is if I install Win7 to the same partition as XP, will it overwrite XP, or will it install to a different directory? Or do I need to install to a different disk or partition? I'...

Synching Contacts with Windows Address Book
Hi. I just recently upgraded to Office 2003. In my old versions of Office (XP), I set the Outlook Contacts folder and the Windows Address Book (WAB) to be interlinked such that a change in one would appear as a change in the other. This was accomplished by means of a registry entry (something like a key named UseOutlook, or something like that). Problem is, I forgot how I did it, and I didn't write it down. Anybody remember how to make it happen? Thanks! ~?WhyMe? You got an answer in another group where you crossposted. Crossposts removed -- Peter Please reply to Newsgrou...

How do I centre align a left aligned anchored picture?
A friend gave me a word document with text and pictures. However the first picture, by itself, anchored and left aligned, needs to be moved to the centre of the page. Whenever I try to move it all the text beside other pictures throughout the same page moves automatically to the left - each text box overlapping its own picture. Help! Thank you in advance Frances ...

Unexpected behaviour of a splitter inside a view
Hello I have created a view class that holds two windows: one is a splitter (CSplitterWnd derived class) and another is simple window derived from CWnd. Both are created in the view's OnCreate: mSplitter.CreateStatic(this, 1, 2); CCreateContext* pContext = (CCreateContext*)lpCreateStruct->lpCreateParams; mSplitter.CreateView(0, 0, RUNTIME_CLASS(DummyView), CSize(0,0), pContext); mSplitter.CreateView(0, 1, RUNTIME_CLASS(DummyView), CSize(0,0), pContext); mSplitter.RecalcLayout(); mSplitter.ShowWindow(SW_HIDE); mWnd.Create(NULL, _T("test"), WS_CHI...

how to get excel to open in a new, and seperate window with each .
Am running Win XP 2003 an Office 2000 SR-1 Pro. I want to open mulitiple excel windows at once. It won't let me. It opens multiple documents/worksheets in only one excel window. How do I change this? Sonja, Tools - Options - View tab. Select "Windows in taskbar." -- Earl Kiosterud mvpearl omitthisword at verizon period net ------------------------------------------- "Sonja at Work" <Sonja at Work@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:BC8D465F-D0F5-44DF-98DC-19BC75976C29@microsoft.com... > Am running Win XP 2003 an Office 2000 SR-1 Pro. >...

Display MDi child window in taskbar separately as a different window
Hi ALL,, I am developing an MDi application similar to Excel. I am facing an issue like all new child windows created on Ctrl+N is attached to parent window ie, Mainframe... I want it to be detached from main window but still as a child window... Excel is similar application which will have different workbooks as different taskbar entry on minimizing.. But i am not able to detach the child window alone while creating using document template.. Can anyone please help me out inthis issue... Thanks in advance... Sunil Create an application that is "multiple top level windows" ...

CRM 3.0
Hi All, One of our users is experiencing a missing toolbar in their CRM Outlook Desktop client for Microsoft CRM 3.0. The main toolbar appears, but the "Track in CRM" toolbar does not appear in the Opened Email View. I have searched the web and the closest thing I can find is this thread posted two years ago to this newsgroup: http://groups.google.com/group/microsoft.public.crm/browse_thread/thread/2a2a23357f48a2fe Unfortunately, the solution did not work for me & apparently for others. I have reinstalled, removed and replaced the COM addins, applied Rollups 1,2 & 3,...

Synchronization between Excel and Windows Sharepoint Services FAIL
The synchronization between my Excel lists and the lists published on my Sharepoint site fails. I receive the following message from Excel: "A connection to the Sharepoint site cannot be established. To synchronize or refresh your list, you must be able to connect to the Sharepoint site." The Sharepoint site is accessible (even from excel) and the same list can be synchronized some days ago. I have the same problem with different platform (XP, 2003), (Office XP or SP1), ... I am having the same issue. One thing to note, I am using two IIS virtual servers to host the content: ...

How to find Watch window in Office X VB Editor
Greetings all, Apologies if this is a FAQ here but I've searched google for over an hour with no result. I've just updated to a new machine, running Tiger and installed Office X (after updates, 10.1.6). I have dozens of legacy Excel files with all manner of VB code in them from my Excel 5 under OS 8.6 and I'm trying to make them work under this new system environment. One major problem is that I can't figure out how to get out a Watch window!!! I've looked until I'm blue in the face and there is nothing in any menu which will bring out a window where I can se...

Using immediate window
When I make a function (public or private) that belongs to a form, I can't execute it in the immediate window like: ?fMyFunction("Testvalue"), or Call fMyFunction("Testvalue) With a sub the ?sMySub does work and in a module the above function calls both work. Is this expected behavior? What am I missing? Thanks, Lars On Sun, 31 Jan 2010 22:37:06 +0100, "Lars Brownies" <Lars@Browniew.com> wrote: This is indeed expected. Procedures (functions and subs) in modules are globally available, and those in forms (and reports) only when th...

Breaking out to an external anchor
I am trying to set up an HTML e-mail to be delivered to several Microsoft Outlook 2003. I have page anchors within this HTML e-mail that work correctly when used with <a href="#anchorname">link</a>. However, I also want there to be links to external file, including page anchors. For example: <a href="file://///servername/directory/file.html#anotheranchor">link</a> Clicking on the above link will open the default web browser (I've tried both Firefox and IE and both exhibit the same symptoms) and open the file (ok, great) BUT, it will not inclu...

windows media player 11.with windows vista.
error -windows media player cannot play the file the player might not support the file type or might not support the codec that was used to compress the file,now i keep getting this error .and been told i need audio and video converter which will convert almost any codec and format.many are on the web. bu6t i would like one which will work with media player 11 if i can.so please can you name the best converter i should use ...

Generate a List of Dialog Boxes in a View
Hai I am looking to generate a list of Dialog Boxes(Dynaically) in a View and based on the no of DialogBoxes the scroll should happen and also i need to maintain the Index and Order and any expert comments will be help ful Thanks and Regards suresh Hai Scott McPhillips , Can i place Dialogs in EditView and any articles would be helpful Thanks Suresh "Scott McPhillips [MVP]" wrote: > suresh at his best wrote: > > Hai > > I am looking to gene...

Setting Windows Theme Colors
Is there a way in AC2003 to call a routine or procedure that changes the Windows Theme Colors? I have color options geared towards the blue, green and silver Windows Theme colors? It would be nice to be able to set the Windows Theme Color when the user changes the color selection in Access. Thanks for your help! Although I believe it would be possible, I would be very upset if you changed my Windows settings. If you just want to use the System Colors to correspond the user's choice of Windows settings I would advise you to use the System Color Constants. Search hel...

"common child-window" in MDI-application
Hello. I have to make MFC MDI-application supported one document type. I need also one or several child-windows, which looks like CView-derived (but not actually such) and flow among them. Those windows are implicitly assigned to whole application, all open documents. How can I do it? Thanx, Shestero Michael Michael Shestero, Your question is very broad in scope, and the answer will have to be the same :-) If you want to make app-wide windows, you can use the main frame window as the owner. From the frame, you can access the app document, and then use the document hint-mechanism calling...

cannot send from windows mail
I cannot send emails from 2 seperate accounts I use in windows mail. These are both aapt accounts. It has been working fine until about 2 weeks ago. Please help. Message appears as follows..... -- The connection to the server has failed. Subject 'test', Account: 'mail.aapt.net.au', Server: 'mail.aapt.net.au', Protocol: SMTP, Port: 23, Secure(SSL): No, Socket Error: 10060, Error Number: 0x800CCC0E Tanya Sunshine Coast here is another message -- An unknown error has occurred. Subject 'ba test', Account: 'mail.aapt.net.au', Server: 'mail...

Windows XP Key
Bom dia a todos, Há alguma maneira de instalando apenas uma máquina com o Windows XP e respectiva Chave, criar uma imagem dessa instalação e propegá-la por outras máquinas identicas, alterando a Chave de registo para cada instalação deste tipo? Cumprimentos a todos, Hugo Oliveira Boas! Claro. Existe um utilitário, chamado sysprep, que deve ser executado antes de criares a imagem. Este utilitário cria um mini-setup, onde pode ser especificado parametros específicos por máquinas, quer manualmente ou automaticamen...

Image backup size
An Acronis TrueImage full image backup of C:\ occupies about 16GB for Windows XP SP2 (OEM, Sony Desktop PC) but occupies about 48GB for Windows 7 (OEM, Toshiba Laptop, Vista 64-bit upgraded to Windows 7 64-bit) Is Windows 7 really that much bigger than Windows XP? Or is Toshiba pre-loading too much stuff on new laptops? How can I get a minimal Windows 7 image backup? Nomen. Windows 7 64-bit Ultimate will "only" take around 15 gigabytes of hard disk space. The rest of the installed apps should be blamed for your gap to 48 gigs. Carlos "Nomen Nescio" wr...

windows xp #2
I have installed xp on my computer my product key is valid but will not allow me to finish the installation what do i do are you installing CRM client or server, server only need windows SBS or windows 2003 server. -- Regards, MS CRM Certified Professional http://microsoftcrm3.blogspot.com Chat with me on MSN / Gmail / Skype : ID Is :.. mscrmexpert@gmail.com "Melinda" wrote: > I have installed xp on my computer my product key is valid but will not allow > me to finish the installation what do i do ...

public folders view #2
Is there a way for the exchange admin. to force a "view by category" for public folders contacts in the users Outlook? Thanks, Raul Rego rrego@njpies.org ...

Survey Web Part Graphical View Width--how to control
Hi, if you create a survey web part with one question, and change the default view to Graphical Summary, it ends up being a nice "quick poll" on your site. However, the width is too wide and I can't seem to see any properties to control it effectively, Changing the width property doesn't seem to help. Anyone else using the Survey web part as a quick poll and tips on controlling the Width? Thanks in advance, ...