An exception is thrown when my Access 2002 database file size reaches 1 GB

Hi guys

The case  is as follows:
Convert our MS Access 97 database template to an MS Access 2002
template and test that an exception is not thrown when the database
reaches 1 GB.  The file size limit for MS Access 2002 database is 2
GB.

Test environment:
Clean computer with XP SP 1
MS JET 4.0 SP7
MDAC 2.8
Our DAO application writing data to our converted database.
(The DAO application is written in VC++, unmanaged code).
After some failing tests also Visual Studio.NET was installed, but
that did not help.

When the database is filled with records an reaches 1 GB an exception
is thrown from the MFC code.

I think the exception occur somewhere in CDaoRecordset::Update().
I suspect the code "DAO_CHECK(m_pDAORecordset->_30_Update())".

Does anyone have an idea?

Regards
Kjell Arne
Development and Research
vc.mfc 33608 articles. 0 followers. Follow

ADO Exceptions
������: "Tony Tanm" <tony21st@sina.com.cn> ����: One question about ADO ����: 2003��8��22�� 14:48 I use ADO in my application to access database,when I give the parameter ConnectionString of connection's method Open a wrong value(say,data source that doesn't exist),my program will arouse exception, through step debugging, I found that the following code [in msado20.tli file] if (FAILED(_hr)) _com_issue_errorex(_hr, this, __uuidof(this)); lead to the exception. I'm puzzled about it. Somebody help me please. Thanks in advance. Tony, you have several opti...

Visio Prof 2002: Creating phone trees
I've done flowcharts & UML in Visio (very easy!, but trying to create a phone tree is proving difficult. 1. Should I do this as a Block Diagram? a. If so, what type of connections? I can place squares and use the "Dynamic Connector", but this is very manual. I've tried using the "Multi-tree square", but am only able to lock onto one box per branch. 2. Is there a better diagram type then Block? And if so, what is the best connection type between the boxes? To clarify, I am trying to create a phone tree for several 1-800 numbers that have many many option...

CDHtmlDialog Exception
Any idea why I'm getting this exception the second time that I show a modal dialog with a CDHtmlDialog control on it? Thanks. 0:015> !analyze -v ******************************************************************************* * * * Exception Analysis * * * ******************************************************************************* FAULTING_IP: RPCRT4!CStdProxyBuffer_QueryInterface+a 76b5e134 832300 and dword ptr [ebx],0 EXCEPTION_RECORD: ffffffff -- (.exr ffffffffffffffff) ExceptionAddress: 76b5e134 (RPCRT4!CStdProxyBuffer_Qu...

Importing Excel Files into Microsoft Money Plus Deluxe 2008
Could someone help in importing Excel Files into Microsoft Money Plus Deluxe 2008. My electronic bank statements are unfortunately in the excel format and I unable to import them into my Money program, Which Excel format--there are MANY? See http://umpmfaq.info/faqdb.php?q=8. Depending on your technical savvy, this may prove daunting. "Har" <Har@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:438C3E7B-1860-438B-A0AF-45541BD9AEDD@microsoft.com... > Could someone help in importing Excel Files into Microsoft Money Plus > Deluxe > 2008. My electronic bank statemen...

QUERYING ACCESS
I have an Excel workbook that is querying an Access database, which in turn queries an Oracle database. Is there a way to have Access automatically update from Oracle when I open the Excel workbook? -- Drew Drew Certainly there would be with code, but can you not using the Oracle ODBC driver to get the data directly from Excel. It would then simply be a button press to update. If you need help with this post back -- HTH Nick Hodge Microsoft MVP - Excel Southampton, England nick_hodgeTAKETHISOUT@zen.co.uk.ANDTHIS "Drew" <imageek@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:...

Possible to convert xls files to qif files ?
I'd like to export excel files to quicken, can this be done? Does anyone know of a macro or shareware program that can do this? Can excel files also be converted to .txf files? thanks ..txf = tax exchange files ...

Download Free Church Information System , built in MS Access
Download Free Church Information System , built in MS Access , its in the attachments , will appear after registering http://access-forum.com/plus/viewtopic.php?t=189 Regards ...

How to add new fields to existing database table?
We added few new fields to an already existing database table. I need to add these new fields to the GP window and the user keys in the data and the whole record needs to be stored in the respective database table. Please let me know how to accomplish this. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks!! You should not add new fields to an existing GP table. GP tables are mapped with Dex table structure and any new fields cant be used on the screen. You must explore Dexterity before you should attempt it. You can also explore VBA and DUOS objects for additonal data storage. "Samit" ...

help about accessing deleted items
Hi, would any one plz help me to get the deleted item ids from outlook. which tool r tech should i use to solve this problem . if there is any sample code to access the deleted items ids from outlook will be great help for me to understand. thanx in advance . Best Regards __ Are you trying to retrieve deleted items? Are you using an Exchange server in your environment? -- Kathleen Orland Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook-tips.net/ http://www.howto-outlook.com/ "aatif.amin@gmail.com" wrote: > Hi, > would any one plz help me to get the deleted item ids fr...

Guidence Needed for Corruption Of Database
Need Some Guidence We in pakistan are facing some serious power failures sometimes even the UPS are also not properly charged therefore the computer shuts down right after the power failure. The database gets corrupted due to this issue when someone is working and the power goes out. What I need to know is if I split the database on the same computer i.e on the workstation on which it is installed, will it help that the tables which are in another partition of the drive are saved and dont get corrupted. Or will it not only corrupt the forms but also the tables. Please advi...

Tabebed Forms in Access!!!HELP!
I am trying to design a tabbed form in Access 2007. I have my five tabs named etc....I have inserted fields onto the first tab and for the life of me cannot figure out have to get the fields from the first tabs to not show up on the other tabs!!!!! I want each tab to contain its own fields. How do I do this???? PLEASE HELP ME!!!!!!!!!! Try cutting the controls, and pasting them back on the the correct page. Make sure that the page itself is selected before pasting the control. -- Doug Steele, Microsoft Access MVP http://I.Am/DougSteele (no e-mails, please!) "Heather Elbert&qu...

Excel files refuse to open
Suddenly all Excel files refuse to open If I double click on an xls file in Folder or on Desktop, I am getting this message Cannot find the file [File Path]'C:\Documents and Settings/Secretary\My Documents\Book1.xls'(or one of its components). Make sure the path and filename are correct and that all requited libraries ate available. [ OK ] But if I can open the same file from the file menu open. And office program is working will there is no other any problem in program So please tell me What can I do about it? Two things you could try:- 1...

Publisher 97- cannot open file
Please help........ Pulling out hair. I saved a file that I created in publisher 97 using my old computer windows 98 to a disk. I have transferred this file to my new computer. o/s windows xp home edition. I am still using publisher 97 program and I get an error message when I try to open this file now. " Publisher cannot open files from a different version" I have tried reinstalling publisher 97 but no difference. Also to let you know, I have tried to open this file on the original computer that created it and I get the same message. Could the file be corrupted? If so how...

Can't Open the Database
I create a database in Access 2003 and I tried to email it to someone else but they could not open it. I notice when I closed the data base and the folder where this data base is there was this quick icon that appear quickly underneath the Access icon and it reads Micro Access Recording Locking and it disappears. Can someone explain this to me? Does this mean the reason she could not open this data base was because it was lock. I never done anything to lock it. If so how can I correct this so that she can have access to this. I have tried to save it on a CD but when we open it, its ...

IE toolbar in file explorer
Hi All, I have created simple IE toolbar based on MS KBBar sample. But it is displayed not only in IE but in windows file explorer as well. How can I disable it in file explorer? I know at least Google toolbar can do that: even if I select it from right click menu in file explorer, it is not shown. Thanks, Dmitry <bezborodov@gmail.com> wrote in message news:1171268147.908978.220590@q2g2000cwa.googlegroups.com... > I have created simple IE toolbar based on MS KBBar sample. But it is > displayed not only in IE but in windows file explorer as well. How can > I disable it in fil...

Converting Access 1.x database to Access 2000
Greetings, My Dad has a couple of Access 1.x databases that he wants to convert to Access 2000 (or Excel format). I tried to open them with my version of Access 2000 and when trying to convert database got the following message: This operation is not supported for Microsoft Access 1.x databases. Any suggestions? I tried looking for a converter unsuccessfully on the web. Thank you in advance. Chip I was able to open 1.x Access tables in Excel as an external database query. Go Data, Import External Data, New Database Query. Select MS Access database, find the mdb file, then you...

How to get dialog size?
XP, VS C++ 2003. My GUI skills are extremely rusty and I've never done COM controls before so please forgive my description. I'm trying to fix a problem in a program created by a programmer who is long gone. The exe is a MDI program which has a main window. Frame, menu, etc. Menu picks open instances of COM controls located in a whole bunch of DLLs, one dialog per DLL. The exe loads and initializes the dialog in the dll when the appropriate menu pick is selected. The dialogs are opened inside the main frame, so they are childs of the main exe frame. When the dialogs are c...

Network Sharing Permission,Access
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard) Processor: Intel We share two iMacs on an Airport Extreme network. And have set up access with read/write permissions to the other iMac. However when I open a Word file from the other iMac it only gives me a Read Only version on my iMac so I cannot make changes to the file, and if I save a new file to the same folder on the other iMac the other iMac only has access to it as read only. What have i done wrong? <Perry@officeformac.com> wrote: > We share two iMacs on an Airport Extreme network. And have set up access > with rea...

Access 2007 Auto update Date
I wish to update a date automatically in a form, after data has been changed. I have tried to do as the link belows shows, but I am not having any joy. I do not need the time just the date. If anyone can write what I need & give me a step by step Or a link, I would appreciate it. I have no knowledge of vba so the full vba would be appreciated. Thanks http://office.microsoft.com/en-gb/access/HA010345351033.aspx ...

automatically adjust size
Hello, Does anyone know how cells can be adjusted automatically to the amount of data that a cell contains? Is there a property setting or something? Thanks, Bernd You would need VBA for that. -- Wigi http://www.wimgielis.be = Excel/VBA, soccer and music "bernd" wrote: > Hello, > > Does anyone know how cells can be adjusted automatically to the amount > of data that a cell contains? Is there a property setting or > something? > > Thanks, > Bernd > > ...

Installed Microsoft CRM and now Outlook Web Access is not working properly
I installed Microsoft CRM and I realized something was wrong the first time I tried Outlook Web Access. I received the Windows userid/password prompt, indicating that I did not have rights to the subdirectories on the Web server. I uninstalled CRM and nothing changed. I then went in and manually updated the permissions for what I thought were all of the correct subdirectories. It appeared that this fixed the problem, since I was able to open OWA and view my messages. Unfortunately, If I try to create a new message (or forward or reply to a message), the windows pops open, but I can'...

Column Sizing Issue In Reports
For some unknown reason all my reports are playing up, when i open any report now, the report is to scale either to fit or 100% But the actually Data is zoomed to like 500%, on some reports its showing it on a A4 Portrait when the report is set to A4 Land Scape. I've tried zooming in out the report and the actually report gets smaller or bigger, not the detail, i believe its something to do with the Column sizing options in the page setup. or access is deciding to reset the margins, and regardless of me saving the changes, there not staying. at moment i have to open the report, go to ...

Exception from HRESULT: 0x80040E2F
We have a custom task list that seems to get this error when trying to update a list item that only has a user assigned to that task. When there is no user assigned you can update the list item and attach the file. We have ran a sync against AD and nothing has worked so far. ------=_NextPart_0001_8D145796 Content-Type: text/plain Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit Restart the below services and then try: � Windows SharePoint Services Timer � Windows SharePoint Services Administration � Windows SharePoint Services Tracing ------=_NextPart_0001_8D145796 Content-Type: text/x-r...

Inserting a Logo into a Report
I am trying to insert a logo in a Access 2007 report I created. I am using the Logo Icon under the Design tab. The logo looks fine in design view, but when exporting the report to a pdf, the logo becomes fuzzy. I have tried different formats (.tif, jpeg, bmp) and also just directly copying the logo from within photoshop, but no luck. Any tips, tricks or hints would be much appreciated! Thanks in advance!!! The problem is due to the size of the image(Logo). You can open that Logo in paint and try to make the size smaller. Then use that logo. -- <a href="http://...

blank pst file
Hi all, I had recently changed computers and moved my pst file, which is huge (over a gig) but when I point to it and open it within outlook, only the most recent messages show up. Everything else (95% of my data) is missing even though the file size is still huge. Where is my data??? I think I might have made a mistake when I archived the file on my old computer. I created the archive file but didn't copy it over to my new computer. I thought that since the pst file was still the same size that all my data was still there and that I didn't need the archive file. Anyho...