Altering Cursors

Hello,

I have some toolbar buttons in my dialog DLL app and two of them are zoom-in
and zoom-out.  Is there an MFC class like CWaitCursor that can display a
zoom-in/zoom-out cursor?  Thank you so much.

Victor.
0
victorsk (138)
7/18/2005 7:33:02 PM
vc.mfc 33608 articles. 0 followers. Follow

You will have to change the cursor yourself.
Here is an example of the how to change cursors, load the cursor in the
m_CursorHand variable:
(It's a comment for how to solve a problem of another problem, but it does
explain changing cursors nicely)

http://www.codeguru.com/Cpp/controls/buttonctrl/comments.php/c2069/?thread=26628

AliR.

"victorsk" <victorsk@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Hello,
>
> I have some toolbar buttons in my dialog DLL app and two of them are
zoom-in
> and zoom-out.  Is there an MFC class like CWaitCursor that can display a
> zoom-in/zoom-out cursor?  Thank you so much.
>
> Victor.

0
AliR3470 (3235)

message date/time altered when copying from public folder
I have noticed that if we copy mail messages from public folders to users own mailboxes, the time is off by a few minutes to a few hours. If a message arrives late at night, the copied mail may even have the next day's date. We have mail-enabled public folders, and users copy mail to their inboxes from there, but this date/time change is bothering. Do the headers contain different time stamps, and does Outlook read them differently to the Public folders? Any ideas? Jo On Sun, 1 Oct 2006 15:31:18 +0900, "Jo" <gsc@gol.com> wrote: >I have noticed that if we copy mail...

Altering font sizes
I am currently trying to resize the font throughout the whole of a Publisher document, but am having significant trouble acheiving it. Due to the nature of the document, it has well over 50 separate text boxes. I discovered recently that the document (a diagram) would have to be extended, so was intending to shrink it all slightly to fit in the extra parts. Having selected it all (Ctrl-A), grouped it, and shrinking it slightly, the text no longer fits within many of the text boxes. When i went to change the font size, all the font parts within the formatting toolbar were grayed out, a...

Altering Cursors
Hello, I have some toolbar buttons in my dialog DLL app and two of them are zoom-in and zoom-out. Is there an MFC class like CWaitCursor that can display a zoom-in/zoom-out cursor? Thank you so much. Victor. You will have to change the cursor yourself. Here is an example of the how to change cursors, load the cursor in the m_CursorHand variable: (It's a comment for how to solve a problem of another problem, but it does explain changing cursors nicely) http://www.codeguru.com/Cpp/controls/buttonctrl/comments.php/c2069/?thread=26628 AliR. "victorsk" <victorsk@discussio...

alter function
Hi, using SQL2005. I want to replace a function and can't because the function is being referenced by an object. I have tried to drop it first and then create the function. This has the same error result. Is there a way to ignore any referenced object and drop a function (and then re-create it). Alternatively any way to ignore referenced object and alter a function. Any ideas or recommendations appreciated :-) Many thanks, Jonathan Hi Havv you created a UDF with SCHEMA BINDING option? "Jonathan" <Jonathan@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in messag...

Altered meeting always becomes recurring
We're on an Outlook 2007 / Exchange 2008 setup. Here's what happens: 1. Person sends a New Meeting Request for, say, Monday at 9 AM. Everything works properly and the entry appears as it should on the calendar. 2. Person later decides to change the meeting to, say, Tuesday at 10 AM. So they open the original entry on the calendar (from step #1 above) and changes the date to Tuesday and the time to 10 AM, then sends the update. 3. The meeting appears in the new location on the calendar OK but it has been changed into a recurring event. I've verified that the r...

Altering SP
Can GP stored procedures be altered. How safe is that. In general you should not alter procs created by GP. There is a possibility that the proc could be altered in a hotfix or upgrade. You may not notice that the proc has changed till much later when you find that the proc is not working as you had meant it Intead, find a way to call your own proc using vba or a trigger. HS "Asma" <asma_twinmos@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:1183294932.796908.67450@w5g2000hsg.googlegroups.com... > Can GP stored procedures be altered. How safe is that. > ...

How to alter Footers in Publisher and Word
I have produced pages in Publisher and Word (2003) and cannot get a printed version with the "Footers" less than 300mm from the bottom of the page. I have tried changing footer size and page size to no avail. I have also ended up with the footer showing on the screen but on printing - nothing! It looks ridiculous (to me) to have the Footer (seemingly) sitting halfway up the document. The paradox is that I can get a Header, from the very top of the page, to print??? Have you checked the limitations of your printer? -- JoAnn Paules MVP Microsoft [Publisher] "Chrise...

Cursor Location
I'm creating a questionnaire that will allow the user to input data in selected fields. How can I make the cursor advance to the next open cell if the user tabs or hits the enter button? Any assistance would be greatly appreciated First unlock the cells where the user will be entering their response (Format>Cells>Protection>Locked) Then protect the sheet. When you press tab, each of the unlocked cells will be accessed in turn. You could put an instruction to the user to that effect. "Glen" wrote: > I'm creating a questionnaire that will allow the user ...

Alter a picture
Is it possible to ungroup an imported picture and make changes to it? I have a picture of a maple leaf and I would like to keep just the outline. Using Pub 2003, Windows XP Vanilla On 02 May 2004 12:41, "Vanilla" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >Is it possible to ungroup an imported picture and make changes to it? I >have a picture of a maple leaf and I would like to keep just the >outline. Using Pub 2003, Windows XP. >Vanilla Depends on the picture format. What format is the picture in? -- Brian Kvalheim Microsoft Publisher MVP http://www.mvps.org/...

move cursor to 4th column with one press of tab key?
i want to know how to change the setting of cursor with tab key from one column to the other, can it be set to move directly to the 5th or what ever the number of column we wish to with one hit on tab key? I'm not sure whether this will work for you, but it's a harmless play (hang around for better suggestions ..) Let's say we want to tab from A1 to F1, then hard return to A2, tab to F2, and so on In a new sheet, Hold CTRL down, select cols A and F Click Format > Cells > Protection tab > Uncheck "Locked" > OK Click Tools > Protection > Protect Sheet...

Excel cursor highlights row as you move throughout spreadsheet
How do I have the cursor highlight rows as I move through a spreadsheet? Meaning the row I'm on is highlighted as I'm working on it and then automatically becomes unhighlighted as I move off of it. The goal is for me to be able to see the row all the way across as I'm working on it with have to manually highlight the row and then turn if of when I'm off of the row. Mejia Download Chip Pearson's FREE RowLiner add-in. http://www.cpearson.com/excel/RowLiner.htm Gord Dibben Excel MVP On Mon, 25 Oct 2004 14:39:09 -0700, "Mejia" <Mejia@discussions.microso...

.cvs file alters form
Using outlook express 2000 I have received, saved, and attached .cvs files to my outgoing emails with 100% success. However, am now using outlook 2003 and am getting complaints from my usual receipient saying that the file has changed form is unusable by the software normally used at the receipient's end. WMT, Bill Bill wrote: > Using outlook express 2000 I have received, saved, and attached .cvs > files to my outgoing emails with 100% success. However, am now using > outlook 2003 and am getting complaints from my usual receipient > saying that the file has changed form...

cursor jumping
Hello there, I am typing a document and the cursor jumps all over the place. Is there a setting in XP Pro sp3 to adjust that? I am using a laptop and is doing it in the undocked configuration. Thank you, T On Mon, 16 Nov 2009 08:08:57 -0800 (PST), Tester <calinguga@netscape.net> wrote: >Hello there, >I am typing a document and the cursor jumps all over the place. Is >there a setting in XP Pro sp3 to adjust that? I am using a laptop and >is doing it in the undocked configuration. Thank you, T Control panel , mouse ," hide pointer while typing " . Tes...

cursor image as black box
for some reason my cursor appiers as a rectangular black box in outlook and even this application. it is hard to tell where the cursor is when editing. I am using windows xp home version I changed monitors yesterday to see if that would change anything - no luck any suggestions Whit ...

altered keyboard layout in PPT
Hi, For some reason, some of my keys do not work properly in PPT only (Word is fine). For example, shift-backslash gives a french character. How can I fix this? Hi, Have a look in the "tool" > "auto correct" settings and the "auto format as you type" settings look for the characters you are seeing in the "replace" "with" boxes cheers TAJ Simmons PowerPoint Master http://www.awesomebackgrounds.com awesome - powerpoint templates, powerpoint backgrounds, free samples, ppt tutorials... "RStanzel" <RS...

Altered Invoices
Is there any way to create a report of invoices that have been alterd after once issued? Any help in this regard will be appricated. Thanks Deep, Use the Sales Transactions SmartList and add the 'Created Date' and 'Modified Date' fields to it. Any differences in dates will indicate changes to the invoices. Frank Hamelly MCP-GP, MCT, MVP East Coast Dynamics www.eastcoast-dynamics.com blog: www.gp2themax.blogspot.com Can you explain a bit more? When were the invoices changed? Before they were posted (typically the case), after they were posted (requires some SQL backen...

ALTER USER
Does anyone have an example of how to use the ALTER USER statement in code? I want to use it to allow users to change their passwords when I deploy the app. Currently I have everybody with the password "new", and at initial log on I want to promt them to change their password. I'm using user level security, developing in Access 2007 and deploying the app as a 2003 mde over a citrix farm with the back end on a server. Thanks in advance, Rob Hi, Rob. > Does anyone have an example of how to use the ALTER USER statement in > code? Try: ALTER USER UserName PASSWOR...

How to make a photo expand when a cursor is moved over it
I have seen this on many sites and wondered if there is way to do this using publisher 2007 if it is not possible is there a way to add it on after I have finished the website or do I need to you use an entirly different web design app. http://forums.digitalpoint.com/showthread.php?t=927677 http://www.experts-exchange.com/Programming/Languages/Scripting/JavaScript/Q_22823256.html -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "blackpalm673" <blackpalm673@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:28326810-A1...

Altering Legend
I've created a column chart with nine data series. By default, each of the nine columns was a different colour, but I've altered that, so that two columns are now gray, while the remaining seven are black. When I show a legend for the chart, there's a different legend entry for each of the nine columns, each entry showing either gray or black, whichever is appropriate. What I would like to do is have only two entries in the legend, one showing gray and the other black. I'd also like each of the two legend entries to show a text I choose, which text will indicate that the two bl...

Monitor Memory for Alteration
Hi All, Does the Windows API provide a function which allows one to monitor a chunk of memory for modifications (similar to watching a directory for changes using FindFirstChangeNotification())? Jeff On 29 May 2007 13:01:44 -0700, Jeffrey Walton <noloader@gmail.com> wrote: >Does the Windows API provide a function which allows one to monitor a >chunk of memory for modifications (similar to watching a directory for >changes using FindFirstChangeNotification())? I don't know (I would be interested in knowing that, too). You may try to ask to the kernel newsgroup: micr...

How to script all Stored procedures as Alter
I am trying to script all my stored procedures to a query window. And I am using the Scripts Wizard which by default does a Create for all my procedures. I tried changing the "Script Create" option to false but it didn't work. It ran as if it did but I assume since I said false to Script Create it had nothing to do and a new Query window never opened up. If I say true to Script Create it works fine. If you do an individual script it works fine (without the wizard). Is there a way to do it? Thanks, Tom Hi, You have another option to drop, so ...

Countif function in the same row but in alter...
I am trying to carry out a countif function in alternate cells. For example count the number of cells contaning only the letter A in cells A1, A3, A5, A7 etc..Similarly for the letters B, C and D. John, Try this SUMPRODUCT formula =SUMPRODUCT(--(A1:A10="A"),--(MOD(ROW($A$1:$A$10)-CELL("row",$A$1:$A$10),2)= 0)) -- HTH RP "John@finland" <John@finland@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:E4D03A79-B98B-451F-BA9C-96557B2E39F2@microsoft.com... > I am trying to carry out a countif function in alternate cells. For example > count the num...

Cursor Anchor Lock
I have had this happen to me in Excel over the years. I am sure it has to do with a memory issue but I am curious if it has happened to anyone else. The helpless desk where I work is clueless, I know 10X more about excel than anyone in the IT dept. Sometimes, for no apparent reason, my cursor will anchor onto a cell. I can still move the cursor but it stays in select mode, i.e. if I drag the mouse it is as if I was holding down the left click button, selecting cells as I move the mouse. No matter what I do I can't get the excel to deselect the cell and I have to control/alt/del to kil...

Alter build-in properties
Hi, I saw the following thread and thought it can be adopted also for altering the Creation Date of a "Word" Document. I tried to run the suggested commands, in the Immediate window (after replacing ActiveWorkbook with ActiveDocument). Unfortunately, the creation date was not changed - not even with the simple "Excel like" command: ActiveDocument.BuiltinDocumentProperties(11).Value = Date Is there an easy way to alter that date ? http://www.excelforum.com/excel-prog...roperties.html Thanks, Elm -- ElmerS Hi Elmer, Sorry, what works ...

How can I get the bitmap of the current cursor?
I want to get the bitmap of the currently displayed cursor. How? (The mouse pointer may be over (in) another app.) I have searched the NGs, but no joy. I can get the cursor with: HCURSOR hC = GetCursor(); but how do I get at the bitmap? TIA, Harvey HCURSOR hCursor = GetCursor(); dc.DrawIcon(0,0,hCursor); AliR. "Harvey" <harveyab@juno.com> wrote in message news:1173724520.500490.201030@c51g2000cwc.googlegroups.com... >I want to get the bitmap of the currently displayed cursor. How? > (The mouse pointer may be over (in) another app.) > I have searched the ...