Adding scroll bar to Mainframe

hi,

Can anyone let me know how to add a scroll bar to Mainframe in MDI application?

Thanks
Madhavi
0
jmadhavi (6)
10/1/2004 6:41:33 AM
vc.mfc 33608 articles. 0 followers. Follow

What good would this do? Note that the MDI children are contained in an MDI Frame Window.
If you wanted to scroll the MDI children, you would have to put a scrollbar in this
window.
				joe

On 30 Sep 2004 23:41:33 -0700, jmadhavi@yahoo.com (madhavi) wrote:

>hi,
>
>Can anyone let me know how to add a scroll bar to Mainframe in MDI application?
>
>Thanks
>Madhavi

Joseph M. Newcomer [MVP]
email: newcomer@flounder.com
Web: http://www.flounder.com
newcomer (15974)
10/3/2004 8:26:56 PM
As pointed out by Joe, you would want to do this in MDIChildWindow.
You should also look at CScrollView and see if that is what you want.

-------------
Ajay Kalra
ajaykalra@yahoo.com

jmadhavi@yahoo.com (madhavi) wrote in message news:<d24fff25.0409302241.20f56d14@posting.google.com>...

> hi,
>
> Can anyone let me know how to add a scroll bar to Mainframe in MDI application?
>
> Thanks
> Madhavi
0
ajaykalra (6841)
10/4/2004 2:47:21 PM
I want to do this also

"madhavi" wrote:

> hi,
>
> Can anyone let me know how to add a scroll bar to Mainframe in MDI application?
>
> Thanks
> Madhavi

0
ChrisBaker (163)
10/5/2004 12:27:03 PM
Hi  Chris Baker

I could find the solution. Add the below code in CMainFrame::OnCreateClient method.

BOOL CMainFrame::OnCreateClient(LPCREATESTRUCT lpcs, CCreateContext* pContext)
{
	lpcs->style |= WS_VSCROLL;
	return CMDIFrameWnd::OnCreateClient(lpcs, pContext);
}

Madhavi

"Chris Baker" <ChrisBaker@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:<A0E131C4-9FE1-4001-A39A-62B4B3EB043A@microsoft.com>...
> I want to do this also
>
> "madhavi" wrote:

> > hi,
> >
> > Can anyone let me know how to add a scroll bar to Mainframe in MDI application?
> >
> > Thanks
> > Madhavi

0
lmadhavi (10)
10/6/2004 6:57:38 AM
Cheers Madhavi

That works well.

For some reason the scroll auto resizes itself so you lose redundant unused
areas around the edge of the parent window. Thats not too big a problem
though.

Chris

"madhavi" wrote:

> Hi  Chris Baker
>
> I could find the solution. Add the below code in CMainFrame::OnCreateClient method.
>
> BOOL CMainFrame::OnCreateClient(LPCREATESTRUCT lpcs, CCreateContext* pContext)
> {
> 	lpcs->style |= WS_VSCROLL;
> 	return CMDIFrameWnd::OnCreateClient(lpcs, pContext);
> }
>
> Madhavi
>
> "Chris Baker" <ChrisBaker@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:<A0E131C4-9FE1-4001-A39A-62B4B3EB043A@microsoft.com>...
> > I want to do this also
> >
> > "madhavi" wrote:
> >
> > > --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
> > >
> > > hi,
> > >
> > > Can anyone let me know how to add a scroll bar to Mainframe in MDI application?
> > >
> > > Thanks
> > > Madhavi

0
ChrisBaker (163)
10/6/2004 8:31:05 AM
The only problem is that if you drag a window so it goes of the edge it does
not add scroll bars until you resize the main window

"Chris Baker" wrote:

> Cheers Madhavi
>
> That works well.
>
> For some reason the scroll auto resizes itself so you lose redundant unused
> areas around the edge of the parent window. Thats not too big a problem
> though.
>
> Chris
>
> "madhavi" wrote:
>
> > Hi  Chris Baker
> >
> > I could find the solution. Add the below code in CMainFrame::OnCreateClient method.
> >
> > BOOL CMainFrame::OnCreateClient(LPCREATESTRUCT lpcs, CCreateContext* pContext)
> > {
> > 	lpcs->style |= WS_VSCROLL;
> > 	return CMDIFrameWnd::OnCreateClient(lpcs, pContext);
> > }
> >
> > Madhavi
> >
> > "Chris Baker" <ChrisBaker@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:<A0E131C4-9FE1-4001-A39A-62B4B3EB043A@microsoft.com>...
> > > I want to do this also

0
ChrisBaker (163)

How to set the bar chart with different colour automatically
I would like to do the setting in Excel for a different colour in bar chart with different data (or with formatting). How to do that ? If you are using Excel 97 - 2003 and you often want to apply the same set of colours, you can customize the bottom two rows of the palette. Tools, Options, Color. Fill colours in Series are automatically applied starting from the first colour in row 6 of the palette. If you have more than 8 series the next fill colours will be automatically applied from the 7th row. Note that the palette is saved with the workbook. You might want to store your customiz...

Cell refering filename in formula bar
How do you refer filename1 to a cell in the formula bar? Example: ='\\Year 2004\September\[_filename1_.xls]sheet1'!$A$1 A | B | C 1 | | 2 | filename1 | 3 | | 4 | | ="\\Year 2004\September\["_B2_".xls]sheet1'!$A$1 will not work -- yee ve ----------------------------------------------------------------------- yee ven's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=1479 View this thread: http://www.excel...

Adding hyperlinks with parameters

Scrolling rows
Ok, don't laugh. I want to know how to set up a row that will stay at the top of the screen when I scroll down the spreadsheet. An example would be Name, address, city, state, zip. I want to be able to keep these cells at the top when I scroll down looking at the data. Does this make sense? Thanks, C- If your Headings are in Row 1, click into Cell A2. Then go to Window | Freeze Panes. tj "C-" wrote: > Ok, don't laugh. I want to know how to set up a row that will stay at the top > of the screen when I scroll down the spreadsheet. An example would be Name, > ...

ADDING A NUMBER

wizards does not popup system menu on righ clicking title bar
When property pages are set to wizard mode by calling SetWizardMode()System menu( Move & close menu ) is not displayed on right clicking the title bar. I have set to ws_sysmenu | Ws_CAPTION in the resource though. If i dont set it wizard mode property pages display system menu. Problem occurs only in the wizards ? Any help appreciated .. ...

adding new records

When adding attachments...

TouchPad scrolling
how can I disable TouchPad scrolling is a access form with VB code I have seen this question asked dozens of times over the years, and in fact, just ran a search that turned up 36 threads on various forums. Sad to say, no one even attempted to give an solution for it, which makes me think that an answer doesn't exist. I suspect the only answer is to disable the scroll thru the OS. Sorry! -- There's ALWAYS more than one way to skin a cat! Answers/posts based on Access 2000/2003 Message posted via http://www.accessmonster.com ...

Y-Error Bars
I am having trouble putting a y-error bar on one data point in my series. Excel wants to add error bars to all points (bars) in the series. Is there a way to do this? Thanks. Hi Diana, To get error bars on a single bar you can use the Custom +/- reference boxes on the Error bar tabs. Use this to get your values from worksheets cells. Obviously within the cells are zero values for all but the bar your want. Cheers Andy Diana wrote: > I am having trouble putting a y-error bar on one data > point in my series. Excel wants to add error bars to all > points (bars) in the ...

Adding ActiveX to dialog with wrapper

Adding alternate columns

Adding fields from a different query

Title bar.
I have opened a workbook and the title appears to me like below: Microsoft Excel <nomefile> [Gruppo] I'm using the italian version of Excel and I think that the english one would report Microsoft Excel <nomefile> [Group] Does anyone know what "[Gruppo]" means? Thanks a lot. alex. It means that at least two of your worksheets are grouped. Almost everything you do to one, you do to the other--so be very careful in this mode! You can rightclick on any of the grouped worksheet tabs and select "ungroup sheets" (then save the workbook????) y wrote: &...

Lost Menu Bar
If done it now - - I lost my menu bar completely - it's gone to outter space - how do I get File,Edit, etc back ??? I've tried to find it in help and cannot. Can you please help Press ALT+F11, Insert > Module, and run this macro: Sub Restore_MenuBar() Application.CommandBars.ActiveMenuBar.Enabled = True End Sub -- HTH Jason Atlanta, GA >-----Original Message----- >If done it now - - I lost my menu bar completely - >it's gone to outter space - how do I get >File,Edit, etc back ??? I've tried to find it in help and >cannot. Can you please help >...

Adding Terms & Conditions to the Quote Form
We have a client that would like to add their Terms & Conditions (T&C) text to the bottom of their GP Quotes. I've read that static text boxes in Report Designer can only be 80 characters, so that won't work as the T&C text is approximately 4-5 pages long. Does anyone have any suggestions on how to add this significant amount of text to a GP form? Thank you in advance. Scott No can do Scott - Report Writer is just not capable of this. The best solution is to purchase Accountable Software's Forms Printer - www.accountable.com. Frank Hamelly MCP-GP, MCT, MVP East...

Please tell me that in Money 2006, Microsoft has finally fixed the bug where the payees in my downloaded transactions are automatically added to my payee list (this despite the fact that I've checked off the option "Confirm new payees"). This alone would be worth the upgrade. On the subject of 2006, does anyone know if Microsoft added the cookie jar concept to accounts? The cookie jar allows you to squirrel money away within an account. TIA greg.block@gmail.com wrote: >Please tell me that in Money 2006, Microsoft has finally fixed the bug >where the payees in my downlo...

AD Monitoring
Is there a listing somewhere of what all components in AD should be minitored, thresholds, etc...we are evaluating a monitoring solution and need this information to take a decision on the product to use Hello Sameer, For performance start here: http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/cc961943.aspx Also see: http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/bb727046.aspx Use the included links from: http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/cc739728(WS.10).aspx Best regards Meinolf Weber Disclaimer: This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and c...

How do I get the word Group off my title bar?
Somehow I got the word Group on my title bar in excel, but I do not know how I did it or how to get rid of it. Hi Jennifer, Be very careful what you do with grouped sheets because anything you do to one sheet will be done to all sheets. right click on a sheet tab, ungroup sheets. You might want to save your file as a new file File, save as and compare what you have with what you had. Because you have probably seriously damaged your workbook if you made changes. -- --- HTH, David McRitchie, Microsoft MVP - Excel [site changed Nov. 2001] My Excel Pages: http://www.mvps.org/dmcri...

Adding Collapse/Expand to Publisher 2003 items
Hi I'm trying to enter a text box which may be expanded/Collapsed as follows: > More Info... > Next Item... > More Info... When you want bla bla bla, do bla bla bla, > Next Item... Can anyone tell me how to implement it?! Thank you 'bla bla bla' is the sound of geckos mating - so the naturalists tell me. No, you cannot do what you want. Your answer is rude & arrogant. I don't know why would anyone put you in a position to Accept calls for help. Besides - I don't believe it can't be done. Please don't call again "*...