Adding elements to combo box from database/mysql/

Hi.
I get from mysql some tables.
I want get available date from mysql and put it in combo box.
Next I want chose this date from combo box.
I have no idea how should I do it... :(

Thx for help
macieh
0
macieh (2)
9/20/2004 6:09:47 PM
vc.mfc 33608 articles. 0 followers. Follow

"macieh" <macieh@nie.spamuj.poczta.nie.spamuj.fm> wrote in message
> Hi.
> I get from mysql some tables.
> I want get available date from mysql and put it in combo box.
> Next I want chose this date from combo box.
> I have no idea how should I do it... :(
>
> Thx for help
> macieh

I've never worked with MySql, but perhaps I can point you in the right
direction.

One way is to use the MySql C Api.  You can find information about it by
searching the internet for the MySql C Api.  This would be easy to
implement, but is non-portable.

Another way is to use ADO and connect to a MySql database.
http://www.connectionstrings.com/

Regarding using a combo box, use the CComboBox class.  You can find out more
about that class by reading the MFC on-line documentation.  One easy way to
do that is to type CCombo box into the MFC editor, highlight it by double
clicking, then press F1 for help.

0
billt61 (145)
9/21/2004 3:00:14 PM
  > I've never worked with MySql, but perhaps I can point you in the right
> direction.
>
> One way is to use the MySql C Api.  You can find information about it by
> searching the internet for the MySql C Api.  This would be easy to
> implement, but is non-portable.
>
> Another way is to use ADO and connect to a MySql database.
> http://www.connectionstrings.com/
>

> Regarding using a combo box, use the CComboBox class.  You can find out more
> about that class by reading the MFC on-line documentation.  One easy way to
> do that is to type CCombo box into the MFC editor, highlight it by double
> clicking, then press F1 for help.

Thnx.

macieh
0
macieh (2)

combo box selection overwrite issue
We have a combo box on a form. When you start typing i auto populates with the closest record and keeps it highlighted so if you keep typing it keeps pulling the next closest. It works fine with all records except one. if you type in Ho it comes up with the closeest records to that but instead of keeping it highlighted so you can type over it changes to insert typing and anything you type just goes after the Ho but all the other text it auto populated is still there. So if you want to select any other record that start with Ho you have to scroll through the list. I haev looked at...

Adding hyperlinks with parameters

Recipe Database in Access
Hi Guys Last year my partner and I bought a small country kitchen where we make jams, chutneys, sauces etc. We would like to put all our recipes into an access database. Can anyone please point us in the right direction to find one. The functionality we are looking for includes: - ingredient searches ... eg - so we can pull up all recipes that malt vinegar (which includes gluten) and replace with a gluten free vinegar. - ingredient costs ... to help with product pricing. - volume output - recipe owner ... some of the recipes are owned by a specific customers and we only make that produ...

pop-up form/message box problem
I have a main form where records are entered; in one field users select from a list of citations, if they type something that's not on the list, a message box pops up asking if they'd like to add the new citation, when they click "yes" the pop-up form where they enter the citation information opens, no problem. HOWEVER, if they close the pop-up form without entering any data the default Access message " The text you entered isn't an item in the list." appears. How do I prevent that from happening? -- Message posted via AccessMonster.com http://www.accessmon...

ADDING A NUMBER

Requery of combo box
I have a form (input) with 5 combo boxes (registration, location, notes, time & date) and 4 Yes / no check boxes. It writes to a table (Data file) The combo boxes do update with the after event function but as soon as I type into any of the combo boxes a new blank row is added to the form which is set as dataenty "yes" The problem is that the updated combo box content list is always 1 row behind where the data is being entered. Is there a way of changing when the new row is added to the form please? thanks richard ...

database offline defragmentation
hey folks it looks like we need to defrag our database (it's about 26gb) problem is we only have ~17gb space left on the partition (can't install any more drives, and the other partition is smaller) now question here is this : will 16GB be enough for the defrag ? if not .. any advice ? aside from killing the one who bought such a small hd.. Stas_K wrote: > hey folks > > it looks like we need to defrag our database (it's about 26gb) What makes you think so? -- If my message is helpful, please help me by registering at http://www.openoffice.org/servlets/Join and v...

adding new records

Save as Msg box
I have the follwowing to save as a form: Sub SaveAs() ' ChDir "V:\Netshare\Item Master Creation\2005 Item Request Submission" Do fName = Application.GetSaveAsFilename Loop Until fName <> False ActiveWorkbook.SaveAs Filename:=fName, FileFormat:=xlNormal End Sub Problems: 1. It doesn't go to the directory that I have above: "V:\Netshare\Item Master Creation\2005 Item Request Submission" 2. I want to enter a message box that confirms that yes they want to save after they have entered the name in the save as box. In the Excel hlp I was just ...

Using Concatenate function to generate text in Text Box
I would like to have a text box on my chart, whose text is generated by concatenating the values from two different cells (B4 and B6) on a specific worksheet in my Excel file. I was able to use a reference to cell B4 to generate the text for my text box using the following formula: ='SSTyp-AllD'!$H$4 However, when I try to enter either of the following formulas for the text box text: =concatenate('SSTyp-AllD'!$H$4, 'SSTyp-AllD'!$H$6) ='SSTyp-AllD'!$H$4 & 'SSTyp-AllD'!$H$6 I get the error message "The text you entered is not a valid refe...

When adding attachments...

Specific Font that be contained within Office 2004 do not appear to Font Box on Mac OS X 10.3(panther). #2
There are "Gulim.ttf" and "Batang.ttf" Within Font Folder in Office 2004 Folder (Application folder or Office 2004 CD) These fonts are Window True type Font and Hangul font (using Korean) I have known the font automatically be installed in Font Box when Office 2004 setup. After I had selected these fonts beside All Font in collection window of font box then used disable button, These fonts disappeared in font Box. Perhaps it is rightful!. However When I added these fonts repeatedly, Only The "Batang.ttf" font appeared on Font Box window. unfortunately The &...

Adding ActiveX to dialog with wrapper

Size e-mail box
SSBmb3JnZXQuLiB3aGVyZSBpbiBFeGNoYW5nZSAyMDAwIEkgY2FuIGNoYW5nZSBkZWZhdWx0IHNl dHRpbmcgb2YgIGVtYWlsIGJveCBzaXplID8/Pw0KDQpTa2FsYQ== Skala wrote: > I forget.. where in Exchange 2000 I can change default setting of > email box size ??? If you're going to change it for a single AD user then this is done by taking Properties of the user in Active Directory Users and Computers MMC > Exchange General tab > Storage Limits. -- Henrik Walther Exchange MVP Exchange-faq.dk MSExchange.org "Skala" <skala12345.tnij.@poczta.onet.pl> wrote: >I forget.. where in Exchan...

Adding alternate columns

Adding fields from a different query

Reposition comment boxes in 2000
With Excel 2000, is it possible to reposition comment boxes? I know I can drag them whilsediting, but that only affects where they appear during editing. Can I change the position they are displayed when I just hover over the cell? ...

Change default font for text boxes in Publisher
Is there any way to change the default font for text boxes in Microsoft Publisher fo all publications? Setting Text Defaults using Normal.pub by Brian Kvalheim http://ed.mvps.org/Static.aspx?=Publisher/normal.pub -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com http://officebeta.iponet.net/en-us/publisher/FX100649111033.aspx "JennyN" <JennyN@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:927C7AFC-F92D-419F-B49E-DA5B444956E1@microsoft.com... > Is there any way to change the default font for text boxes in Microsoft...

how do I set up a database for client information
I need to create a database (would like to do it in Excel) that would compile client information such as name, address, birthdate, retirement date, phone, assigned rep, e-mail address, etc. then be able to pull out only the information needed and from only certian assinged reps. I have never done a spreadsheet or database before. So I need explecit details. Thank you Tracie You can enter all the data in a list on the worksheet, with column headings to indicate what information is stored in each column. Then, you can use an AutoFilter to view the data for one rep, or a specific date...

Please tell me that in Money 2006, Microsoft has finally fixed the bug where the payees in my downloaded transactions are automatically added to my payee list (this despite the fact that I've checked off the option "Confirm new payees"). This alone would be worth the upgrade. On the subject of 2006, does anyone know if Microsoft added the cookie jar concept to accounts? The cookie jar allows you to squirrel money away within an account. TIA greg.block@gmail.com wrote: >Please tell me that in Money 2006, Microsoft has finally fixed the bug >where the payees in my downlo...