Adding and removing removable drives

Hello NG,

I wrote an FolderView ActiveX control. How can I receive a notification for
adding or removing drives for example usb sticks or other media? And how can
I receive a notification to refresh network shares?

Speial thanks for help.

Thomas Bendrich

0
admin9378 (7)
9/15/2005 9:26:25 PM
vc.mfc 33608 articles. 0 followers. Follow

Is this what you are looking for DBT_DEVNODES_CHANGED.

AliR.

"Thomas Bendrich" <admin@thb-net.com> wrote in message
> Hello NG,
>
> I wrote an FolderView ActiveX control. How can I receive a notification
for
> adding or removing drives for example usb sticks or other media? And how
can
> I receive a notification to refresh network shares?
>
> Speial thanks for help.
>
> Thomas Bendrich

0
AliR3470 (3235)

Adding hyperlinks with parameters

External Drives
Hi. I have an external hard-drive question. I use USB 3.5" external hard-drives. Is it ok to just unplug them from USB or should I use theremove hardware icon before unplugging? Can the drive be damaged? Does this apply to flash cards or usb memory sticks? Thank you. Brian V wrote: > Hi. I have an external hard-drive question. I use USB 3.5" external > hard-drives. Is it ok to just unplug them from USB or should I use > theremove hardware icon before unplugging? > > Can the drive be damaged? > > Does this apply to flash cards or usb memory s...

Removing spaces at start of line
Hi, Is there a way to remove spaces at the beginning of lines in a Word 2007 doc? I don't want to remove the spaces between the words, just at the beginning of each line. Thanks! Select the text. Set justification to centered and then set justification back to left. Jill wrote: > Hi, > > Is there a way to remove spaces at the beginning of lines in a Word > 2007 doc? I don't want to remove the spaces between the words, just > at the beginning of each line. > > Thanks! If you have spaces at the beginning of a line, it probably means...

New exchange server and remove old
What is the best way to setup a new exchange server and remove the old one? The old one is a exchange 2000 ent and the new one is a exchange 2003 ent. I have 100 mailboxes on the old exchange server. Is it possible to move mailboxes within the exchange manager to the new server. Any other or better way? Do I need to use Exmage? Best Regards Martin this might help: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/822931/en-us -- Susan Conkey [MVP] "MW" <776@uy778yy.com> wrote in message news:4558b000$0$49196$14726298@news.sunsite.dk... > What is the best way to setup a new exchan...

ADDING A NUMBER

adding new records

When adding attachments...

Removing messages based on sender
Has anyone heard of a way to remove messages from the store based on the sender address? I know exmerge can target subject and attachment, but I'd like to target the sender address. Thanks in advance. Exmerge might have that option. Not possitive though. -- regards, Michael Abbaticchio MVP for Microsoft Exchange Server http://mvps.org/exchange "Bobby Hilliard" <robhillj@bellsouth.net> wrote in message news:OCBI28lTEHA.760@TK2MSFTNGP12.phx.gbl... > Has anyone heard of a way to remove messages from the store based on the > sender address? I know exmerge can ta...

Adding ActiveX to dialog with wrapper

how can i remove a drop-down menu
Hi to All, can anyone please tell me how to remove a drop-down menu from a cell or column? Thank you, Cheers, RonW. If you're talking about removing a Data Validation list that displays in a cell Try this: Select the offending cell From the Excel Main Menu: <data><validation>...Allow: Any Value...Click [OK] Does that help? Post back if you have more questions. -------------------------- Regards, Ron (XL2003, Win XP) Microsoft MVP (Excel) <Ron.Winkley@gmail.com> wrote in message news:1194484323.283481.125630@k79g2000hse.googlegroups.com... > Hi to All, &...

Compare music files on different drives. WMP11 for XP
I have Windows Media Player 11 for Windows XP. I am showing duplicates of most of my albums because I have stupidly put my music on two separate drives. Each drive/folder contains several thousand music albums. Now I want to compare the contents of these two large music folders. Most of the files in the two folders are identical—that is, the same albums, but there is some disparity, and that is what I want to find out, because I want to put all the albums I have on a single drive, then use the other (a portable hard drive) as back up. I don't see a way to do this with WMP, a...

Adding alternate columns

Adding fields from a different query

Adding Terms & Conditions to the Quote Form
We have a client that would like to add their Terms & Conditions (T&C) text to the bottom of their GP Quotes. I've read that static text boxes in Report Designer can only be 80 characters, so that won't work as the T&C text is approximately 4-5 pages long. Does anyone have any suggestions on how to add this significant amount of text to a GP form? Thank you in advance. Scott No can do Scott - Report Writer is just not capable of this. The best solution is to purchase Accountable Software's Forms Printer - www.accountable.com. Frank Hamelly MCP-GP, MCT, MVP East...

Please tell me that in Money 2006, Microsoft has finally fixed the bug where the payees in my downloaded transactions are automatically added to my payee list (this despite the fact that I've checked off the option "Confirm new payees"). This alone would be worth the upgrade. On the subject of 2006, does anyone know if Microsoft added the cookie jar concept to accounts? The cookie jar allows you to squirrel money away within an account. TIA greg.block@gmail.com wrote: >Please tell me that in Money 2006, Microsoft has finally fixed the bug >where the payees in my downlo...

AD Monitoring
Is there a listing somewhere of what all components in AD should be minitored, thresholds, etc...we are evaluating a monitoring solution and need this information to take a decision on the product to use Hello Sameer, For performance start here: http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/cc961943.aspx Also see: http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/bb727046.aspx Use the included links from: http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/cc739728(WS.10).aspx Best regards Meinolf Weber Disclaimer: This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and c...

Adding Collapse/Expand to Publisher 2003 items
Hi I'm trying to enter a text box which may be expanded/Collapsed as follows: > More Info... > Next Item... > More Info... When you want bla bla bla, do bla bla bla, > Next Item... Can anyone tell me how to implement it?! Thank you 'bla bla bla' is the sound of geckos mating - so the naturalists tell me. No, you cannot do what you want. Your answer is rude & arrogant. I don't know why would anyone put you in a position to Accept calls for help. Besides - I don't believe it can't be done. Please don't call again "*...

How do i remove "Send As" rights
Hi The PA in our company send mail as the GM (it is suppose to be "Send on Behalf as"). I want to remove this. How do i do this in exch2003. Client is outlook 2003 Can remove this delegation from ADUC -> Find user-> go to the Properties of the user->Exchange General tab->Delivery Option-> their you got an option to set on-behalf permission, here you need to uncheck the checkbox. Regards, Tarun Verma "MSExchange2003Student" wrote: > Hi > > The PA in our company send mail as the GM (it is suppose to be "Send on > Behalf as")....

adding lines to added data
I have added data to an existing worksheet but when printed the row lines and column border lines do not show. How do I add the lines to the added border to match the existing lines? ...

Multiple vlookup and adding values together
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.6 (Snow Leopard) Processor: Intel I am trying to find a way to locate all categories in a table that says for ex &quot;good.&quot; Each of these have a number associated to them which I am trying to add together. <br><br>So lets say my table has ten rows of data, three of those rows have a column that is termed &quot;good.&quot; So what I want that to do is then take those three rows with &quot;good&quot; and add the numeric values together that are entered in another column which are each of those three rows...