Adding ActiveX to dialog with wrapper

When I add an ActiveX object to a dialog using the dialog editor -
right click - insert activeX object, the help on the resulting activex
selection tool states that a wrapper will not be added by using this
method.

If you need a wrapper, it suggests using the class view.

This is using Visual Studio 2005.

I'm having some problems with this on an existing project.
To make sure I understand the process, I created a new MFC project,
added a dialog, created a class for that dialog and added a Flexgrid
object using the right click method in the dialog. I then added a
variable for the flexgrid also using the dialog editor.

The results of this were -

Despite what the help says, it did create a header file wrapper named
CMshflexgrid1.h
The corresponding source code file, CMshflexgrid1.cpp is empty.
The project compiles.

On an existing project, which was originally created in VC++ 6.0, and
did have a working, exisiting Flexgrid object, I attempted to add a
second flexgid object to a new dialog and things went to hell. First
of all, I noticed that that project (before I tried adding a second
Flexgrid) did not have a wrapper but instead has Cmshflexgrid.h, .cpp
and the .cpp file has the flexgrid implementation in it. I quickly
realized that I should probably delete all flexgrid objects in my
project and start over but I found that no wrapper was added when
using the method that worked on my test project and I don't know see
how to do it from class view. Anyhow, I suspect that this is not my
only problem.

Can someone suggest why the behavior might be different? I have
deleted all references to flexgrid in my project.

Should I perhaps create a new, fresh project and copy all of my code
into it? Perhaps converting a project from VC 6.0 with ActiveX creates
some issues.

Thanks!

0
alexh1 (16)
9/17/2008 3:19:19 AM
vc.mfc 33608 articles. 0 followers. Follow

It's not clear to me the following thing: if you create a new empty dialog
with VS2005 and add a Flexgrid ActiveX to it, does it work fine?

If so, I would suggest to create new dialog with VS2005, add the Flexgrid
ActiveX, and then paste in new dialog class source file some code from the
old VC6 dialog.

Moreover, have you considered using some better tool than FlexGrid, like MFC
Grid Control:

http://www.codeproject.com/KB/miscctrl/gridctrl.aspx

or Ultimate Grid:

http://www.codeproject.com/KB/MFC/UltimateGrid.aspx

HTH,
Giovanni

"Alexh" <alexh1@sbcglobal.net> ha scritto nel messaggio

> When I add an ActiveX object to a dialog using the dialog editor -
> right click - insert activeX object, the help on the resulting activex
> selection tool states that a wrapper will not be added by using this
> method.
>
> If you need a wrapper, it suggests using the class view.
>
> This is using Visual Studio 2005.
>
> I'm having some problems with this on an existing project.
> To make sure I understand the process, I created a new MFC project,
> added a dialog, created a class for that dialog and added a Flexgrid
> object using the right click method in the dialog. I then added a
> variable for the flexgrid also using the dialog editor.
>
> The results of this were -
>
> Despite what the help says, it did create a header file wrapper named
> CMshflexgrid1.h
> The corresponding source code file, CMshflexgrid1.cpp is empty.
> The project compiles.
>

> On an existing project, which was originally created in VC++ 6.0, and
> did have a working, exisiting Flexgrid object, I attempted to add a
> second flexgid object to a new dialog and things went to hell. First
> of all, I noticed that that project (before I tried adding a second
> Flexgrid) did not have a wrapper but instead has Cmshflexgrid.h, .cpp
> and the .cpp file has the flexgrid implementation in it. I quickly
> realized that I should probably delete all flexgrid objects in my
> project and start over but I found that no wrapper was added when
> using the method that worked on my test project and I don't know see
> how to do it from class view. Anyhow, I suspect that this is not my
> only problem.
>
> Can someone suggest why the behavior might be different? I have
> deleted all references to flexgrid in my project.
>
> Should I perhaps create a new, fresh project and copy all of my code
> into it? Perhaps converting a project from VC 6.0 with ActiveX creates
> some issues.
>
> Thanks!

I typically build the initial wrapper using the Add Class wizard.

Tom

"Alexh" <alexh1@sbcglobal.net> wrote in message
> When I add an ActiveX object to a dialog using the dialog editor -
> right click - insert activeX object, the help on the resulting activex
> selection tool states that a wrapper will not be added by using this
> method.
>
> If you need a wrapper, it suggests using the class view.
>
> This is using Visual Studio 2005.
>
> I'm having some problems with this on an existing project.
> To make sure I understand the process, I created a new MFC project,
> added a dialog, created a class for that dialog and added a Flexgrid
> object using the right click method in the dialog. I then added a
> variable for the flexgrid also using the dialog editor.
>
> The results of this were -
>
> Despite what the help says, it did create a header file wrapper named
> CMshflexgrid1.h
> The corresponding source code file, CMshflexgrid1.cpp is empty.
> The project compiles.
>

> On an existing project, which was originally created in VC++ 6.0, and
> did have a working, exisiting Flexgrid object, I attempted to add a
> second flexgid object to a new dialog and things went to hell. First
> of all, I noticed that that project (before I tried adding a second
> Flexgrid) did not have a wrapper but instead has Cmshflexgrid.h, .cpp
> and the .cpp file has the flexgrid implementation in it. I quickly
> realized that I should probably delete all flexgrid objects in my
> project and start over but I found that no wrapper was added when
> using the method that worked on my test project and I don't know see
> how to do it from class view. Anyhow, I suspect that this is not my
> only problem.
>
> Can someone suggest why the behavior might be different? I have
> deleted all references to flexgrid in my project.
>
> Should I perhaps create a new, fresh project and copy all of my code
> into it? Perhaps converting a project from VC 6.0 with ActiveX creates
> some issues.
>
> Thanks!

0
tom.nospam (3240)

Adding hyperlinks with parameters

Pls help with embedding wmp in a non-dialog mfc view
Hi, I'd like to add mpeg, avi, and wmv playback capability to my mfc app. I thought that this would be quite simple if I decide to use Windows Media Player ActiveX instead of DirectShow filtergraph. Unfortunately that did not happen (i.e. the 'simple' part). First I struggled with Visual Studio ..NET - inserting wmp into the project did not generate CWnd derived wrapper class (as stated in sdk docs). Instead it generated COleDispatchDriver derived class. I did not want to waste any time on typing (clsid, create, etc.) so I decided to use VC6 and generated CWnd derived wrapper...

could i customize the dialog that popups up when calling SHBrowserForFolder
i wanna add a checkbox to the dialog, could i?how? thanks in advance I guess there is no way to customize the common dialog, you must create a new dialog and provide the required functionality in it /Kiran thinktwice wrote: > i wanna add a checkbox to the dialog, could i?how? > thanks in advance Take a look at this article. I'm not sure this is what you want, but it's cheap to look. http://www.codeproject.com/dialog/yabffwcp.asp Tom "thinktwice" <memorialday@gmail.com> wrote in message news:1158055405.669054.272220@d34g2000cwd.googlegroups.com... >i...

ADDING A NUMBER

adding new records

When adding attachments...

Adding ActiveX to dialog with wrapper

In Dialog Based application are you Create View class.
Hai, In Dialog Based application are you Create View class. Thank you, Bye You should not need a view a MFC Dialog based appliation. If you do, look at SDI/MDI instead. You can use a CFormView based view which uses a dialog as a template in Doc/View paradigm. --------- Ajay Kalra ajaykalra@yahoo.com You can create a view in a dialog: http://www.codeproject.com/docview/dfv.asp But I haven't seen that done very often. I tend to just use an SDI or MDI framework for anything that needs a view class. Tom "jagadeesh" <jagadeeshbabu.mca@gmail.com> wrote in mes...

Dialog properties
It is easy to change dialog properties in VC++ by right-clicking on a dialog and then clicking on properties. But how is this done in code? More specifically, how can I turn off the resizing option, in code? THANKS! blair ----== Posted via Newsfeed.Com - Unlimited-Uncensored-Secure Usenet News==---- http://www.newsfeed.com The #1 Newsgroup Service in the World! >100,000 Newsgroups ---= 19 East/West-Coast Specialized Servers - Total Privacy via Encryption =--- >Newsgroups: microsoft.public.vc.mfc >Subject: Dialog properties >Date: Sat, 16 Aug 2003 19:25:16 -0500 >It is eas...

Adding alternate columns

Finding focused dialog control
Hi, I've got a dialog with two list controls on it. I've got a menu item Edit - Select All that should select all rows in the focused list control. But how do I find that control? GetFocus -- Regards, Nish [VC++ MVP] http://www.voidnish.com http://blog.voidnish.com "Olaf van der Spek" <OlafvdSpek@GMail.Com> wrote in message news:uLLn0zkSFHA.3176@TK2MSFTNGP09.phx.gbl... > Hi, > > I've got a dialog with two list controls on it. I've got a menu item > Edit - Select All that should select all rows in the focused list control. > But how do ...

Adding fields from a different query

Adding Terms & Conditions to the Quote Form
We have a client that would like to add their Terms & Conditions (T&C) text to the bottom of their GP Quotes. I've read that static text boxes in Report Designer can only be 80 characters, so that won't work as the T&C text is approximately 4-5 pages long. Does anyone have any suggestions on how to add this significant amount of text to a GP form? Thank you in advance. Scott No can do Scott - Report Writer is just not capable of this. The best solution is to purchase Accountable Software's Forms Printer - www.accountable.com. Frank Hamelly MCP-GP, MCT, MVP East...

Please tell me that in Money 2006, Microsoft has finally fixed the bug where the payees in my downloaded transactions are automatically added to my payee list (this despite the fact that I've checked off the option "Confirm new payees"). This alone would be worth the upgrade. On the subject of 2006, does anyone know if Microsoft added the cookie jar concept to accounts? The cookie jar allows you to squirrel money away within an account. TIA greg.block@gmail.com wrote: >Please tell me that in Money 2006, Microsoft has finally fixed the bug >where the payees in my downlo...

AD Monitoring
Is there a listing somewhere of what all components in AD should be minitored, thresholds, etc...we are evaluating a monitoring solution and need this information to take a decision on the product to use Hello Sameer, For performance start here: http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/cc961943.aspx Also see: http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/bb727046.aspx Use the included links from: http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/cc739728(WS.10).aspx Best regards Meinolf Weber Disclaimer: This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and c...

Adding Collapse/Expand to Publisher 2003 items
Hi I'm trying to enter a text box which may be expanded/Collapsed as follows: > More Info... > Next Item... > More Info... When you want bla bla bla, do bla bla bla, > Next Item... Can anyone tell me how to implement it?! Thank you 'bla bla bla' is the sound of geckos mating - so the naturalists tell me. No, you cannot do what you want. Your answer is rude & arrogant. I don't know why would anyone put you in a position to Accept calls for help. Besides - I don't believe it can't be done. Please don't call again "*...

adding lines to added data
I have added data to an existing worksheet but when printed the row lines and column border lines do not show. How do I add the lines to the added border to match the existing lines? ...

adding new users in AD but not Exchange
How do we change the defaults when adding a new user, to not have "Create an Exchange mailbox" as the default? We are rolling out Exchange, but not to all new users at this time. -- Greg Stigers, MCSA remember to vote for the answers you like Create the users from a box that doesn't have the Exchange admin tools installed? "Greg Stigers, MCSA" <gregstigers+wmsn@spamcop.net> wrote in message news:ee4tHm0LFHA.1176@TK2MSFTNGP12.phx.gbl... > How do we change the defaults when adding a new user, to not have "Create > an Exchange mailbox" as ...

Pivot table warning dialog suppression
[Excel 2003] Is there a way to suppress the warning dialog which appears asking if you want to replace the cells when you refresh a pivot table? Can anyone help? ...

Multiple vlookup and adding values together
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.6 (Snow Leopard) Processor: Intel I am trying to find a way to locate all categories in a table that says for ex &quot;good.&quot; Each of these have a number associated to them which I am trying to add together. <br><br>So lets say my table has ten rows of data, three of those rows have a column that is termed &quot;good.&quot; So what I want that to do is then take those three rows with &quot;good&quot; and add the numeric values together that are entered in another column which are each of those three rows...