Adding a control variable

Hello all,

Under VC++ 7.1, I've added a checkbox to a dialog. Using the dialog editor,
I am not trying to add a control variable for this check box. However, when
I right-click on the check box and select "Add Variable", the resulting
wizard dialog does not allow me to select "Control Variable" (it is grayed
out). What do  I need to do to get a control variable for this check box
added to my class?

Thanks,
Dave

vc.mfc 33608 articles. 0 followers. Follow

I've never seen that before - are you able to duplicate this problem with
other projects too?

--
Regards,
Nish [VC++ MVP]

"Dave" <better_cs_now@yahoo.com> wrote in message
> Hello all,
>
> Under VC++ 7.1, I've added a checkbox to a dialog. Using the dialog
> editor,
> I am not trying to add a control variable for this check box. However,
> when
> I right-click on the check box and select "Add Variable", the resulting
> wizard dialog does not allow me to select "Control Variable" (it is grayed
> out). What do  I need to do to get a control variable for this check box
> added to my class?
>
> Thanks,
> Dave

0
nish (347)
10/5/2005 6:20:08 PM
No, but I did discover that adding the following seems to have resolved the
problem:

static AFX_EXTENSION_MODULE foo = { NULL, NULL };

How something added toa source file can affect what happens pre-compile time
is beyond me...

"Nishant Sivakumar" <nish@nospam.asianetindia.com> wrote in message
> I've never seen that before - are you able to duplicate this problem with
> other projects too?
>
> --
> Regards,
> Nish [VC++ MVP]
>

> "Dave" <better_cs_now@yahoo.com> wrote in message
> > Hello all,
> >
> > Under VC++ 7.1, I've added a checkbox to a dialog. Using the dialog
> > editor,
> > I am not trying to add a control variable for this check box. However,
> > when
> > I right-click on the check box and select "Add Variable", the resulting
> > wizard dialog does not allow me to select "Control Variable" (it is
grayed
> > out). What do  I need to do to get a control variable for this check box
> > added to my class?
> >
> > Thanks,
> > Dave

The Add-Variable wizard parses the source files to figure out where to
insert lines of code - so perhaps you had inadvertently changed something
and caused the parser to break. Or perhaps you didn't do anything and this
is a bug in the parser.

--

> No, but I did discover that adding the following seems to have resolved
> the
> problem:
>
> static AFX_EXTENSION_MODULE foo = { NULL, NULL };
>
> How something added toa source file can affect what happens pre-compile
> time
> is beyond me...
>
> "Nishant Sivakumar" <nish@nospam.asianetindia.com> wrote in message
>> I've never seen that before - are you able to duplicate this problem with
>> other projects too?
>>
>> --
>> Regards,
>> Nish [VC++ MVP]
>>

>> "Dave" <better_cs_now@yahoo.com> wrote in message
>> > Hello all,
>> >
>> > Under VC++ 7.1, I've added a checkbox to a dialog. Using the dialog
>> > editor,
>> > I am not trying to add a control variable for this check box. However,
>> > when
>> > I right-click on the check box and select "Add Variable", the resulting
>> > wizard dialog does not allow me to select "Control Variable" (it is
> grayed
>> > out). What do  I need to do to get a control variable for this check
>> > box
>> > added to my class?
>> >
>> > Thanks,
>> > Dave

0
nish (347)
10/5/2005 7:46:22 PM
You might want to make sure you have your handler files checked out.  The
dialog will grey out controls if the handler files are read only.

Tom

"Dave" <better_cs_now@yahoo.com> wrote in message
> Hello all,
>
> Under VC++ 7.1, I've added a checkbox to a dialog. Using the dialog
> editor,
> I am not trying to add a control variable for this check box. However,
> when
> I right-click on the check box and select "Add Variable", the resulting
> wizard dialog does not allow me to select "Control Variable" (it is grayed
> out). What do  I need to do to get a control variable for this check box
> added to my class?
>
> Thanks,
> Dave

0
tserface (3860)

Adding hyperlinks with parameters

Looking for a charting control
Hi all, I am looking for a professional quality charting control. Current requirements are Bar charts and Pie Charts, but this might change in the near feature to include more complex data types using Line charts (smooth and normal), area charts (stacked), point or radar charts. I haven't been able to find a good one yet. I found this put the documentation is not adequite. http://www.nevron.com/Charting.aspx?nav=ChartNav&content=Chart Any suggestions? AliR. I've used a system called ProEssentials5. I built a thin C++ wrapper around their types and I've done a number of g...

Button Control calling CFormView #2
hi everyone, I Have a CFormview (FormB) that has a button. When this button is click, It will call another CFormView (FormA). How to do it? I am using VC++ 6.0. Newbie & Noobie wrote: > hi everyone, > > I Have a CFormview (FormB) that has a button. When this button is click, It > will call another CFormView (FormA). > > How to do it? I am using VC++ 6.0. I assume you have created your project with the aid of the class wizard from the IDE. if you double click your button in the resource editor class wizard should suggest a click handler method for your button. Within...

How to use variables in ranges?
can someone please explain to me how to use a variable in a rang reference? example: > > maxpolines = Application.CountIf(Worksheets("P > Data").Range("A2:A500"), srcponum) > > ...some autofilter logic.... > > Worksheets("PO Data").Select > tottoinv = Evaluate("=SUBTOTAL(9,C2:C500)") The above yields the results i want. but i would like to replace "C500 with some reference to the maximum lines as identified b 'maxpolines'. the macro recorder produced "=SUBTOTAL(9,R[-14]C:R[-1]C)". This synta looks li...

ADDING A NUMBER

adding new records

When adding attachments...

Classes within a control
HI, can anyone help me out here. I have used an activex (SSUltraGridControl) control on a dialog and I then added a member variable of type CSSUltraGridControl. At this point I selected the classes within the control that I required. I now wish to utalise the CSSSelected class (which was not originally chosen) within the control and I do not know how to get it into my project. I have tried creating another project and included the entire CSSUltraGridControl classes in it and then copy the SSSelected.h and SSSelected.cpp files into my working direcotry etc by I get an error saying ...

Adding ActiveX to dialog with wrapper

Adding alternate columns

Finding focused dialog control
Hi, I've got a dialog with two list controls on it. I've got a menu item Edit - Select All that should select all rows in the focused list control. But how do I find that control? GetFocus -- Regards, Nish [VC++ MVP] http://www.voidnish.com http://blog.voidnish.com "Olaf van der Spek" <OlafvdSpek@GMail.Com> wrote in message news:uLLn0zkSFHA.3176@TK2MSFTNGP09.phx.gbl... > Hi, > > I've got a dialog with two list controls on it. I've got a menu item > Edit - Select All that should select all rows in the focused list control. > But how do ...

Public Variable
Hi Folks, I have a template in WORD 2K7 for which I would like to implement a public variable. I will use that variable to cause certain actions depending on the variable's value. Id est, I want to relocate to a specific bookmark within the document but only the first time a subroutine is called. For example, in the template I make use of a routine to throw a calendar on the form from which the user will select a date then push that date to the document. Once the date gets posted, I use the .Range method to reposition the pointer to another bookmark. I call th...

Adding fields from a different query

Returning controls to their Original values
In a control on one of my forms, if a user tries to enter values that already exist in the data table (duplicates) , I have a messagebox appear telling them the record already exists. My problem is thereafter, I want Access to return to the original values that were present in the control before the user tried to enter different ones. How can I do this? <trekgoes2malaysia@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:0a14334f-eb16-4893-a8a8-aeaf6812ddf6@l16g2000hsh.googlegroups.com... > In a control on one of my forms, if a user tries to enter values that > already exist in the data table...

Adding Terms & Conditions to the Quote Form
We have a client that would like to add their Terms & Conditions (T&C) text to the bottom of their GP Quotes. I've read that static text boxes in Report Designer can only be 80 characters, so that won't work as the T&C text is approximately 4-5 pages long. Does anyone have any suggestions on how to add this significant amount of text to a GP form? Thank you in advance. Scott No can do Scott - Report Writer is just not capable of this. The best solution is to purchase Accountable Software's Forms Printer - www.accountable.com. Frank Hamelly MCP-GP, MCT, MVP East...

Please tell me that in Money 2006, Microsoft has finally fixed the bug where the payees in my downloaded transactions are automatically added to my payee list (this despite the fact that I've checked off the option "Confirm new payees"). This alone would be worth the upgrade. On the subject of 2006, does anyone know if Microsoft added the cookie jar concept to accounts? The cookie jar allows you to squirrel money away within an account. TIA greg.block@gmail.com wrote: >Please tell me that in Money 2006, Microsoft has finally fixed the bug >where the payees in my downlo...

AD Monitoring
Is there a listing somewhere of what all components in AD should be minitored, thresholds, etc...we are evaluating a monitoring solution and need this information to take a decision on the product to use Hello Sameer, For performance start here: http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/cc961943.aspx Also see: http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/bb727046.aspx Use the included links from: http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/cc739728(WS.10).aspx Best regards Meinolf Weber Disclaimer: This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and c...

Adding Collapse/Expand to Publisher 2003 items
Hi I'm trying to enter a text box which may be expanded/Collapsed as follows: > More Info... > Next Item... > More Info... When you want bla bla bla, do bla bla bla, > Next Item... Can anyone tell me how to implement it?! Thank you 'bla bla bla' is the sound of geckos mating - so the naturalists tell me. No, you cannot do what you want. Your answer is rude & arrogant. I don't know why would anyone put you in a position to Accept calls for help. Besides - I don't believe it can't be done. Please don't call again "*...

adding lines to added data
I have added data to an existing worksheet but when printed the row lines and column border lines do not show. How do I add the lines to the added border to match the existing lines? ...

how to reduce flickering of controls ?
Hello There My application has a three pane interface. To the left , there is one tree control, to bottom there is a list control and to right , a CHtmlView. My tree control has some preloaded items. My problem is that whenever I try to resize tree control, browser (CHtmlView) adjusts itself to remaining space. But it flickers a lot. How can I stop this flickering ? Is there any way to minimize flickering ? Any help would be gretly appreciated! Roland wrote: > Hello There > My application has a three pane interface. To the left , there is one > tree control, to bottom there is a lis...