Add a drob down list box to the tool bar?

I'm working with Microsoft Visual C++ 6.0.   The software I'm working on has
a main window that brings up other windows when you click on various buttons
on the tool bar.   I need to add a drop down list box to the tool bar to
select between 2 different modes.    How do I go about adding a drop down
list box on the tool bar?

-Lee Browning
vc.mfc 33608 articles. 0 followers. Follow

Don't you mean a combo box? There are good samples in toolbar section of
codeguru.

--
Ajay Kalra [MVP - VC++]
ajaykalra@yahoo.com

"Lee ALICEngineer" <LeeALICEngineer@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in
message news:9620EAA2-DF04-4628-86FE-C529F3AD538A@microsoft.com...
> I'm working with Microsoft Visual C++ 6.0.   The software I'm working on
has
> a main window that brings up other windows when you click on various
buttons
> on the tool bar.   I need to add a drop down list box to the tool bar to
> select between 2 different modes.    How do I go about adding a drop down
> list box on the tool bar?
>
> -Lee Browning

0
ajaykalra (6842)
9/23/2005 6:32:35 PM
Lee ALICEngineer wrote:
> I'm working with Microsoft Visual C++ 6.0.   The software I'm working on has
> a main window that brings up other windows when you click on various buttons
> on the tool bar.   I need to add a drop down list box to the tool bar to
> select between 2 different modes.    How do I go about adding a drop down
> list box on the tool bar?
>
> -Lee Browning

You could use DialogBar or create a drop-down toolbar button with
TBSTYLE_DROPDOWN style which is much more easier than putting combo into
toolbar. The button style mentioned above displays a drop-down arrow right next
to the button and you can create a popup menu with radiobutton style menu items.

Asko.
You could do something like this article pretty easily:

http://www.codeproject.com/docking/toolbarcombo.asp

Tom

"Lee ALICEngineer" <LeeALICEngineer@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in
message news:9620EAA2-DF04-4628-86FE-C529F3AD538A@microsoft.com...
> I'm working with Microsoft Visual C++ 6.0.   The software I'm working on
> has
> a main window that brings up other windows when you click on various
> buttons
> on the tool bar.   I need to add a drop down list box to the tool bar to
> select between 2 different modes.    How do I go about adding a drop down
> list box on the tool bar?
>
> -Lee Browning

0
tserface (3860)

Add Lookup Fields to Entity

All my Emails turned into Junk Mail but not on Junk Mail List. Is this a virus?
How do I remove a name from the Junk List if the name is not shown in the junk list but is noted as junk email in the field chooser Junk Mail column of inbound messages? Went to junk sender list and cant find the names, but these names automatically go to Delete folder, although I never placed them there. When i make a new rule, they still have the Junk Mail label attached. Very bizarre. Can anyone help????? ...

Excel Add Ins

Add on

POS 2009 Add-In: Populating a Task Pad

Print a list of my worksheets?
I have a spreadsheet with about 30 worksheets. Is there a way in which I can print out a list of the worksheet names? Hi see: http://www.mvps.org/dmcritchie/excel/buildtoc.htm "DaveL" wrote: > I have a spreadsheet with about 30 worksheets. Is there a way in which I can > print out a list of the worksheet names? Frank Very many thanks. "Frank Kabel" wrote: > Hi > see: > http://www.mvps.org/dmcritchie/excel/buildtoc.htm > > "DaveL" wrote: > > > I have a spreadsheet with about 30 worksheets. Is there a way in which I can > ...

Progress Bar 03-14-08
I am persevering with a program to convert a form from VB6 to Access. The form I am working on has a MSComctlLib.ProgressBar and a VB.Timer. I can add the ProgressBar to the form manually and then alter the parameters, but does anyone know how to add it in VBA please? As a Timer control is invisible, can I use the OnTimer event of the form iteslf instead? Many thanks Peter Kinsman I'm not sure why you'd want to add the progress bar using VBA. Are you saying that you're intending to add it each time you need it, and delete it when you're done? That's a bad idea: t...

Stack Bar Charts
I have yearly information that I would like to graph in a stacked bar chart. I have years 2005 to present Two companies I am comparing with two variables for each company each year. I would like to have the stack bar chart by year reflect the stack of Co A vs Co B on variable 1 + 2. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks. You want a clustered-stacked chart: http://peltiertech.com/WordPress/clustered-stacked-column-charts/ http://peltiertech.com/WordPress/clustered-stacked-bar-charts/ - Jon ------- Jon Peltier Peltier Technical Services, Inc. http://peltiertech.com/ Sean wrote: > ...

Add-in cannot be loaded OL07

Junk mail and Exception List
The Junk Mail List is deleting email that I would like to keep. I have read MS "junk email filters for outlook", so I have added the sender to my "exception" list but it still gets deleted. I think because the words "order today" show up in the email. does anyone know of a way to correct this? Thanks. ...

Validation (using a list)
Hi, Is it possible that as soon when you select a cell that has validation using a list, you see all the options? Txs in advance Michael Hi AFAIK not possible with the build-in functionality >-----Original Message----- > Hi, > >Is it possible that as soon when you select a cell that has validation using >a list, you see all the options? > >Txs in advance >Michael > > >. > You can't increase the list from its default length of eight items. You can scroll through the dropdown list, or use the keyboard (arrow keys, page up, page down) to navigate ...

Distribution List: Name not showing up
Hi, I have a number of contacts in my Contacts Folder, and want to create a special distribution list. When I create a new distribution list however, only some of my contacts show up, and I cannot select the ones I need. Does anyone have any suggestions? Many thanks Marian You must provide at least some clue. We can't read minds. Which Contacts don't show up? What version of Outlook? How are you creating the DL? What information store are you using? How many Contact Folders in your Profile? -- Russ Valentine [MVP-Outlook] "M" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com...

Company not login drop-list
After using the GP8.0 utilities (twice) to create a new company, the company will NOT appear in any of the "Company" drop lists when logging in. I know there is some problem with XP and service packs but this is happening on our 2003 server. Also (assuming I get the above problem resolved) how can I copy a chart of accounts from one company to another? Any help is much appreciated. In article <62546DC0-A2BF-432B-9942-68225EF929F2@microsoft.com>, DavidHaber@discussions.microsoft.com says... > After using the GP8.0 utilities (twice) to create a new company, the compan...

Add File menu to custom toolbar

Dynamic Lists #2
hi again, the code i used in name range is =OFFSET(SETUP!$C$197,0,0,COUNTA(SETUP!$C$197:$C$233)) as suggested i also tried =OFFSET(SETUP!$C$197,0,0,SUMPRODUCT(MAX((SETUP!$C$1:$C$233<>"")*(ROW(SETUP!$C$1:$C$233))))) it still shows all blank entries in the combo,i.e the name range i still from 197 to 233 not restricting itself to where the value end -- Nandh ----------------------------------------------------------------------- Nandhu's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=1586 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread....

Delete button missing on HQ Global Customers list
I have a strange problem with HQ Manager. All PC's and Server are running HQ 1.3.1002. When all but one user with admin level access opens HQ Manager, enters maintenance mode, and clicks Database, Global Customers, the Delete button is visible for a split second and then vanishes. The one user that can see and use the Delete button can use it from any PC, so it appears to be related to the user account, except that the button is missing when running HQ Manager on the Server. As far as I can tell, the users that cannot see the Delete button have exactly the same permissions and level. There...

Format text to add character

AutoFilter list of values
When I activate the auto filter, a drop down lists the unique values within the column. How could I get this list of unique values? Hi RJH, As far as I know this can only be done with advanced filter. Select Data-Filter-Advanced Filter and check the Unique records only box. Cheers, JF. Another way to extract the list of unique values Suppose the data is in col A, A1 down Put in C1: =IF(COUNTIF($A$1:A1,A1)>1,"",ROW()) Put in B1: =IF(ISERROR(SMALL(C:C,ROWS($A$1:A1))),"",INDEX(A:A,MATCH(SMALL(C:C,ROWS($A$1 :A1)),C:C,0))) Select B1:C1 and copy down till the last ro...

Select Names Listing for Sending Emails to Contacts
My Outlook 2002 Contacts list is set up to show last names first, and contacts are filed accordingly. However, when I compose an email and try to Select Name, the contacts are listed with first names first. How can I correct this so that contacts will be listed last name first there, also? Tools, e-mail accounts, view /modify address books - properties of outlook address book - choose 'file as' and close. Note - posting your valid e-mail address in a newsgroup post, or in your news account settings, is a surefire way to get spam and SWEN and other viruses sent to you....see ht...

Problem with subcscribe to distribution lists
Hi, I want to create a distribution list that users can send an email to with "subscribe" in the subject field to get added to the distribution list automaticly. Is this possible in Exchange 2003 and if it is, how to do it? If it is not possible in Exchange 2003 is there another way one can setup a distribution list like this? Thanks in advance, Onehouse "Onehouse" <Onehouse@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >I want to create a distribution list that users can send an email to with >"subscribe" in the subject field to get added to the distrib...

add a DC in a LegSite

Data Validation List Names
I have Excel 2007 and am attempting to use the data validation tool. I have created several lists in a separate worksheet and named them (In the name box). My drop down and options have shown correctly. However, I now need to make a few changes to the lists. I added a few extra cells with data to one of the lists and would like these options included in the drop down field on the main spreadsheet. Can someone tell me how to re-name my 'source' (list or range of cells) so that the added cells are now being referenced as well and all options show in the drop down? ...

Creating a list over the Opportunity Products
Has anyone ever created a view or list over the Opportunity/Products including information from both the Opportunity and the Opportunity/Product files so you could easily pull detail level invormation into excel. Cant say I have but assuming you are on CRM 3.0 you should be able to do this using advanced find then be able to export using excel ======================= John O'Donnell Microsoft CRM MVP http://codegallery.gotdotnet.com/crm "lennywooters" <lennywooters@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:74351934-EB46-4097-B7BD-1FF83CD5D2BD@microsoft.com......