ActiveX event in MFC (VC++ 2003 Pro)

I'm using Visual Studio 2003.  I cannot figure out how to add a custom event
to an ActiveX control that I create using MFC.  I follow these steps:

1.  Create new project of type "MFC ActiveX Control"
2.  Accept all project defaults
3.  Open the class view
4.  Expand "ActiveXProjLib"
5.  Right-click "_DActiveXProjLibEvents"

There's no Add->Add Event menu item.  Just options to add methods and
properties.  So, I figured that just adding a "method" to the event interface
might get the job done.  Nope.

I'm clearly missing something fundamental, since this seems to be the series
of steps listed in every tutorial I can find, up to the part where the Add
Event menu item isn't there.  What do I need to do?

Ben Dilts
0
BeanDog (6)
3/29/2006 2:19:01 AM
vc.mfc 33608 articles. 0 followers. Follow

This might be interesting for you:

http://msdn2.microsoft.com/en-us/library/5xt905y8(VS.80).aspx

Tom

"BeanDog" <BeanDog@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> I'm using Visual Studio 2003.  I cannot figure out how to add a custom
> event
> to an ActiveX control that I create using MFC.  I follow these steps:
>
> 1.  Create new project of type "MFC ActiveX Control"
> 2.  Accept all project defaults
> 3.  Open the class view
> 4.  Expand "ActiveXProjLib"
> 5.  Right-click "_DActiveXProjLibEvents"
>
> There's no Add->Add Event menu item.  Just options to add methods and
> properties.  So, I figured that just adding a "method" to the event
> interface
> might get the job done.  Nope.
>
> I'm clearly missing something fundamental, since this seems to be the
> series
> of steps listed in every tutorial I can find, up to the part where the Add
> Event menu item isn't there.  What do I need to do?
>

> Ben Dilts

0
tserface (3860)

Help! Event NDR Warnings
I have been recieving these errors constantly with variable usernames but the same domain name: Event Type: Error Event Source: MSExchangeTransport Event Category: NDR Event ID: 3030 Date: 6/17/2005 Time: 7:08:23 AM User: N/A Computer: Exchnageservername Description: A non-delivery report with a status code of 5.3.2 was generated for recipient rfc822;ingun1234@empal.com (Message-ID <9k2$30qc36rha6-9$$w671@rw26.gmo34z28>). Is someone trying or is someone succeeding in using my mail server as a relay? If so how do I tighten it up? -Harry On Fri, 17 Jun 2005 07:27:50 -0400, ...

Outlook 2003 SP1 upgrade
I have just upgraded Office 2003 to SP1 as well as installing the new junk mail update and my Outlook 2003 rules no loner work when Outlook is open - If I close it and reopen it all the rules then work but any subsequent e-mails that come in while outlook is running do not work. Any ideas as to why this should suddenly start happening? I have even re-created all my rules but to no avail - Before the installation of these updates everything worked fine. Any help would be gratefully received - Regards, Michael Hewson MCP ...

Moving from Exchange 2000 to Exchange 2003
On Friday, we began upgrading to Exchange 2003 Standard Edition from 2000 Enterprise edition. (The new enterprise edition was too expensive for us) Using the move mailbox utility in Active Directory, we moved over 800 mailboxes from two stores into one. Now, they are not accessible at all. THey show up in Active Directory, but not in either of the mailbox stores What can I do Thanks Mary Can you access them with Outlook? Mary wrote: > On Friday, we began upgrading to Exchange 2003 Standard Edition from > 2000 Enterprise edition. (The new enterprise edition was too > expensi...

It is possible to install some programs from 2003 with some from 2
I have a student/home edition of Office 2007 and I'd like to install Access from Office 2003. Would that work? Yes, ensure you do a custom install, selecting only Access; however the MS advice is to install earlier component first, update then install later version, but you should be ok "Paul Blay" <PaulBlay@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:8B549DE7-5E88-4498-BD63-58063A211923@microsoft.com... > I have a student/home edition of Office 2007 and I'd like to install > Access > from Office 2003. Would that work? Thank you! ...

Error in Send/Recieve (Outlook 2003)
Hi Users are getting an error when pressing the send/recieve button in outlook: Task 'Microsoft Exchange Server' reporte4d error (0x8004010F) : 'The operation failed. An object could not be found.' This error is because of an offline addressbook. But not all users are getting this. The setup is Exchange 2003 Hosting environment, exchange forest, users from one domain are working ok but users from other domain gets this error. Is it possible that this has something to do with firewall? any other ideas? GauiC I had the same problem, then read: http://support.microso...

why doesn't my outlook today display current calendar events?
Gee, no idea. How about some details, like Outlook version??? --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. Due to the SWEN virus, all mail sent to my personal account will be deleted without reading. After searching google.groups.com and finding no answer, hsmith asked: ...

Activex #6
hi to all, i'm beginner in vc++,i don't know how to start activex in vc+ +.anyone help me from where i have to start studying. Thanks and Regards Muthukkumaran.S.A To begin with, why do you want ActiveX? Its older technology but it still has its usefulness. You want to make sure you really want it before jumping into it. MFC is older technology for ActiveX and it produces a larger module. ATL has smaller footprint and is the preferred choice. For tutorials, go to MSDN and codeguru/codeproject. -- Ajay <arumuthu@gmail.com> wrote in message news:f1bb07cb-4afe-4efb-9...

Quattro-Pro
How do I import a Quattro-Pro spreadsheet into Excel and be able to manipulate the data ? Thanks, Joan Joan, Excel can open wq1 files directly. In the File - Open dialog, change the file type box. If that doesn't work, look for a format that QP can export (QP Save, probably, with different file type), that Excel can open (Excel File - Open, looking at File Type). Examine the converted workbook carefully. -- Earl Kiosterud mvpearl omitthisword at verizon period net ------------------------------------------- "Joan" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in mess...

Importing Outlook Express 6 into Outlook 2003
I am importing Outlook Express 6 messages into Outlook 2003. When I "Export to Outlook" in Outlook Express, the "Export Messages" status box seems to process all my messages and report sucess. I then go to Outlook and see all my message folders and message titles, but a blank message body appears in the reader-pane (I can see the message header). If I turn on autopreview, I see the first few lines of all the messages, so I think the messages made it into the outlook database and something is preventing me from seeing them. I tried adjusting security settings...

Event ID 12800
Hello all, I've a issue that's is taking my sleep. Since the last full backup I'm getting the event ids in my exchange server: *********************** Event Type: Error Event Source: MSExchangeIS Event Category: Content Engine Event ID: 12800 Date: 4/9/2006 Time: 14:10:31 User: N/A Computer: SERVER0 Description: Message processing failed because there is not enough available memory (8007000E-80000000). For more information, click http://www.microsoft.com/contentredirect.asp. ************************ followed by this below: ************************ Event T...

Color Palette for Powerpoint 2003
I am not sure how many of us would have faced this problem, but I have an issue, rather a big issue, working with powerpoint 2003 and I need immediate resolution. The color palette that is provided as default in powerpoint 2003 is somehow hardcoded, it is only when you change the color filles for the chart that it changes the color... but it is applicable only to the current chart not to any new chart / slide (specially the chart fills). So if you can provide me a resolution to this, which will allow me to change the hardcoded colors in the color palette forever then I would r...

Outlook 2003 RPC over HTTP, connectivity error 0x8004011D, SOLVED
Hello: I recently had a problem with Outlook 2003 SP1 connecting to our Exchange 2003 SP1 server, reporting the error "0x8004011D" and was unable to connect. I found many posts out there for this error, but our solution was different so I thought I'd post it. The symptoms were that Outlook would connect to our Exchange 2003 server fine on our LAN. But when connecting remotely using HTTPS over RPC, it would fail to connect and report error number 0x8004011D. After a lot of thorough checking, we found the problem to be simple: the clock on the client PC was off by over 1 1/2 y...

Before ON Current Event
I need to run an action query as the user leaves a record on a form and moves to the next record. (The form is not closed). The query must run before the next record is displayed. This is because the query gets parameters from the current record. The On Current Event fires when the next record is displayed. This is too late and the query runs with parameters from the new record. Is there and event which fires as the user leaves a record but before the next record is dipslayed? Thanks. The AfterUpdate and BeforeUpdate events runs as you leave the record and before you move to the ne...

MFC and OpenGL
Hey everyone, hopefully someone here's familiar with using openGL with MFC (or perhaps has an idea what I'm doing wrong anyways). Basically I won't to have several modeless dialogs box's on the screen, and one of them should contain an openGL window (Static Text Control). Now if run the program without starting the MFC dialog that contains the openGL window everything works fine (timer's fire, messages passed, etc...). If I run the openGL window by itself (call DoModal() on it) it works fine (updates and display data)). However, if I call DoModal() on another dia...

Outlook 2003 in systray
I need to have outlook running on my computer at all times but I want it to run in the system tray. Is there a way I can do this? Maybe a 3rd party utility that will do it. I found one for Outlook express, but I need one for Outlook 2003 Can you help? click on the tray icon and choose minimize to tray? -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Author, Teach Yourself Outlook 2003 in 24 Hours Coauthor, OneNote 2003 for Windows (Visual QuickStart Guide) Author, Google and Other Search Engines (Visual QuickStart Guide) Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook-tips.net/ Outlook & Exchange Solutions Ce...

how to add a activeX control to a custom entity
I want to add a activeX control in a custom entity. It should be added of load of the form. So i am trying to write a onload javascript function which adds the axtiveX control. I new to MSCRM 3.0. Please direct me how to do this. It deppends on what you exactly want to do. But if it is just a control you might want to use an IFrame a create a simple html page which embeds the ActiveX control. -- Patrick Verbeeten (MCSD) Lead Developer Aviva IT Web: aviva-it.nl "Prakash N" wrote: > I want to add a activeX control in a custom entity. It should be added of > load of ...

Exchange 2003 Public Folder problem
I have an existing Exchange 2000 (Windows 2000 SP4, Exchange 2000 SP3) server with 50 users. The server houses the companies main Public Folder. I upgraded my DCs to AD 2003 and just installed a Windows 2003 server with Exchange 2003 SP1. No problems during the install. But this new server has a Public Folder store. I need to make sure that all users who are on this server point to the other server for their public folder. I could dismount and delete the public store, but I can't as I have to do a migration and move the PF to this Exchange 2003 server. My scenario is this: (a) Move ...

Link Outlook 2003 to Project pro 2003 without the server
Hi all, Is there away of linking my projects to my outlook calendar and task list with out having to get the server. I am a only user and really dont need a server just for this. All I want to do is take the projects I am working on and have them in my task list and on my outlook calendar so I dont have to keep inputting stuff twice. I want more then just exporting my task list to project. I want when I complete a task on the project it is also completed in outlook or the other way around. I dont see why this is not posible. I should be able to create a link between the two for a task. ...

Hosting multiple mail domains on Exchange 2003
I want to host multiple email domains on my Exchange 2003 server, do I need to do anything else except update my recipient policy, do I need to createa second smtp virtual server? Also my it says my default policy is lowest and when I created a new policy it gace it a priority of 1, does that mean it is higher or lower, I am thinking higher. Thanks Hi try this article http://www.microsoft.com/technet/prodtechnol/exchange/guides/E2k3TransnRouting/063ed1f8-d0ad-4bc6-bdb3-d45600948037.mspx "John McCoy" <JohnMcCoy@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:2BC884...

Office 2000 with Outlook 2003
I've installed Outlook 2003 on machines that have Office 2000 already installed without any difficulties. Question is, does it work the other way around? I have a user that already has Outlook 2003 installed, but no Office... now he needs to have Office 2000. Has anyone done this? -Andy It should work although the other way around is better. You might need to do a repair on Outlook afterwards. -- Robert Sparnaaij [MVP-Outlook] www.howto-outlook.com Tips of the month: -What do the Outlook Icons Mean? -Create an Office 2003 CD slipstreamed with Service Pack 1 "Andy Willia...

Order of Events for Sum?
Access03/WinXP While it's not generally recommended, I have had to take a calculated sum from a popup form and store it in a field on a main form (there are many issues involved here; suffice it to say too many people have access to information and the queries involved in arriving at some of the totals are too complicated for them - they only need to query the main form's table and get to the total). In the subform footer, I have an unbound text box, txtTotalPayments set to =Sum([PmtAmt]). In the records of the subform is a command button which automatically inserts a default...

Office 2007 pro installation
My newly installed Office 2007 Pro Plus seems to work fine after loading from one CD. So what is the second CD for, please? BCM - Outlook Business Contact Manager If you dont use it, dont install it "ernestbeevers" <ernestbeevers@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:F451A64D-4A64-4F84-B3C9-D3B094D740C2@microsoft.com... > My newly installed Office 2007 Pro Plus seems to work fine after loading > from > one CD. So what is the second CD for, please? ...

Need online Publisher 2003 tutorial with audio and animation.
I found an animated/audio tutorial several weeks ago but can't find it again. I thought it was accessed via microsoft.com or Publisher Home Page. http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/training/CR061832741033.aspx -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "Martha in Hawaii" <Martha in Hawaii@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:A84D24C5-4EF6-4DEF-B5F9-1E8D7BD305C4@microsoft.com... >I found an animated/audio tutorial several weeks ago but can't find it again. > I thought it was accessed via...

Outlook 2003 table view...
Hi There, I have two calendars (Outlook 2003)on my computer. One is for my personal e-mail account and the other is under my other email account (using BCM) I use for work. Being the novice I am, read somewhere that I can have a table view that shows both calendars. I have no idea how to do this? Do I need to rename calendars and if so how? How afterwards do I switch to table view. My needs are to combine both calendars eventually, although I know I can't at this time. However I saw that I can drag from one to the other when in table view. I appreciate any considerations for me on ...

Mailing list digest problem with Outlook 2003
With Outlook XP, mailing list daily digests that came into my mailbox were a long text mail containing all the messages posted to the list for that day. After upgrading from Outlook XP to Outlook 2003, instead of getting a long text message containing all the separate postings to the mailing list, each posting is an attachment to the message and has to be opened separately, which is most inconvenient. How can I change the behaviour back to the way it was previously? I''ve poked around in the various options and can't find anything relevant. It's definitely Outlook 2003 causing...