ActiveX and NM_CUSTOMDRAW

I have an ATL Composite Control (DLL) that that includes my own control
(CMySlider) derived from CSliderCtrl.

Here is the message map of this control.
BEGIN_MESSAGE_MAP(CMySlider, CSliderCtrl)
	//{{AFX_MSG_MAP(CPlayerSlider)
	ON_NOTIFY_REFLECT(NM_CUSTOMDRAW, OnCustomdraw)
	//}}AFX_MSG_MAP
END_MESSAGE_MAP()

When Composite Control is embedded in the Dialog or FormView, CMyControl
receives notification, OnCustomdraw gets called and everything draws/works
perfectly.

The problem is that when the Composite Control is embedded in HTML page, I’m
not receiving notification at all and instead of custom slider I’m getting
the standard windows control.
Does anybody know what should I do to make it work on the web page?
Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks,
Lev

0
leydel (1)
10/3/2005 10:46:04 PM
vc.mfc 33608 articles. 0 followers. Follow

Help w/CListCtrl's NM_CUSTOMDRAW
How can you set the row height? I can do all sorts of things with this feature accept set the row height. http://www.codeguru.com/listview/change_row_height.shtml <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:06dd01c39927$86a15480$a401280a@phx.gbl... > How can you set the row height? I can do all sorts of > things with this feature accept set the row height. ...

Activex #6
hi to all, i'm beginner in vc++,i don't know how to start activex in vc+ +.anyone help me from where i have to start studying. Thanks and Regards Muthukkumaran.S.A To begin with, why do you want ActiveX? Its older technology but it still has its usefulness. You want to make sure you really want it before jumping into it. MFC is older technology for ActiveX and it produces a larger module. ATL has smaller footprint and is the preferred choice. For tutorials, go to MSDN and codeguru/codeproject. -- Ajay <arumuthu@gmail.com> wrote in message news:f1bb07cb-4afe-4efb-9...

how to add a activeX control to a custom entity
I want to add a activeX control in a custom entity. It should be added of load of the form. So i am trying to write a onload javascript function which adds the axtiveX control. I new to MSCRM 3.0. Please direct me how to do this. It deppends on what you exactly want to do. But if it is just a control you might want to use an IFrame a create a simple html page which embeds the ActiveX control. -- Patrick Verbeeten (MCSD) Lead Developer Aviva IT Web: aviva-it.nl "Prakash N" wrote: > I want to add a activeX control in a custom entity. It should be added of > load of ...

ActiveX
Hi, I developed a ActiveX control. It has only a set of functions. No visible layouts. Its working fine when i tested using the Test Container and in VB. I need to use the control in VC. I developed a MFC EXE program. I added the control using Project>Add to Project menu item. It has been successfully added to the program. I've declared the activex variable in the View class. i'm able to invoke the functions in the ActiveX while coding(i.e. when writing code the list members quick help shows my functions in activex). It builds successfully. But while running the program it...

using external Com/ActiveX object
Hello, On VC++ 6.0 - How do I use Com/activeX objects ? Thanks :) Hello Coose Project ->Add to Projects-> components and Control and insert the ActiveX Controls With Regards R.Selvam Hello Coose Project ->Add to Projects-> components and Control and insert the ActiveX Controls With Regards R.Selvam "Eitan" <no_spam_please@nospam.com> wrote in message news:uBUvSx87DHA.3012@TK2MSFTNGP09.phx.gbl... > Hello, > On VC++ 6.0 - How do I use Com/activeX objects ? > > Thanks :) Another way to use com components (not just activex compo...

Register an ActiveX control with the Pocket PC 2003 Emulator
Hi, Is there anyone who knows how to register an Activex control with the Pocket PC 2003 Emulator? I successfully registered the control my PC using regsvr32. But when I inserted it in the application (a simple MFC dialog for enbedded devices), the main thread exit giving the following error. CoCreateInstance of OLE control {058E370E-6141-4E41-8B95-846EE04BB303} failed. >>> Result code: 0x80040154 >>> Is the control is properly registered? Warning: CreateDlgControls failed during dialog init. Can anyone help on this? Regds, Amila ...

ActiveX inside ActiveX
Hi All, Can I Include an ActiveX Control in my project which itself is an ActiveX Control. Thanks in Advance Regards Jayasankar ...

mfc activex
i used the mfc develop a activex control,and i did not add any code in it and make the activex control into the html.but when i closed the internet explore,one error was showed.Why? "chuangyl" <msnews.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:utMNIHn8GHA.4012@TK2MSFTNGP04.phx.gbl... > i used the mfc develop a activex control,and i did not add any code in it > and make the activex control into the html.but when i closed the internet > explore,one error was showed.Why? What does the error say? -- Ajay Kalra [MVP - VC++] ajaykalra@yahoo.com ...

unable to debug app with WMP activeX control
Hi I had an dialog application in VC 6.0, which had just one control, i.e windows media player activeX control. I upgraded the project to VC.NET 2003, now I can't debug the application when something is being played in windows media player. I get Protection error message like "debugger detected - please close it down and restart!...." This doesn't happen when nothing is being played in it. Is there any way to debug while playing something in it... Regards, Ashutosh ...

Activex #3
I have compiled my own activex file with VB 6.0 i wonder how can i hadd the .ocx file to the existing activeX list so I can display my control on the google desktop Bar ...

problems with creating activex control
Hi I don'y know what but something seems to be really strange in creating activeX control using MFC. First I create new ActiveX project using wizzard (with default settings). As I created new project, I reveal Class View Tree, go to LIB node and choose AddProperty. Then I Add few properties (with get/set methods), build - everything works fine, I can see everything in properties and I can access methods at run-time. Then I re-open project and add another property and build - this time property is visible in properies sheet but I can't access any of it's methods (get/set). A...

insert ActiveX into MFC without resource file
Hi, I try to insert ActiveX to my program as following: class MyWnd:public CFrameWnd { public: MyWnd() { CString strControlProgid; strControlProgid="mscal.calendar.7"; m_Control.DestroyWindow(); RECT rc; ::GetClientRect(m_hWnd,&rc); BOOL bStat=FALSE; bStat=m_Control.CreateControl(strControlProgid, "", WS_VISIBLE, rc, this, 5000, NULL, FALSE, NULL); if (bStat == FALSE) { ::MessageBox (m_hWnd,&...

ACTIVEX
in outlook 2003 when i go to type a new email message a box comes up that says Yours current security settings prohibit ActiveX controls on this page. As a result the page may not display correctly Does anyone know why this is and HOW i can get rid of it. i believe it has something to do with my signature. I get exactly the same problem and I've tried everything to cure it but no result. Can I add my voice to wanting an answer? Is there anyone out there who understands how to resolve thios? -- Cardo "csl" wrote: > in outlook 2003, > > when i go to type a new ...

regsiter activeX by programmation
Hello, I want to register some activex control by programmtion.What is the API to call ? If my memory serves me right I think I need DllRegisterServer but I am not sure and I cannot find a clear description of this method. Does it exist also for PocketPC ? Please Help You need to use LoadLibrary to load the DLL, then use GetProcAddress to find the DllRegisterServer function, and then call it. -- Jonathan Wood SoftCircuits http://www.softcircuits.com Available for consulting: http://www.softcircuits.com/jwood/resume.htm "mosfet" <tricubes@wanadoo.fr> wrote in message ne...

ActiveX control
I am wondering how to access the data chosen in a listbox control. I am guessing that the cell underlying the control does not automatically assume the value chosen in the control, so if I have another cell whose contents depend on the list item is it possible to 'read' and act upon that info with a regular Excel formula, or would it require some more heavy-duty VBA programming? There would also be many listbox controls that do not affect other cells (e.g., for displaying data only). After creating the first listbox for each field I would want to copy it and any related formulas...

How to create ActiveX control without registering it first ?
Hi, Now I create my control like that : IMailPtr oSmtp = NULL; oSmtp.CreateInstance("AOSMTP.Mail"); or HRESULT hr = ::CoCreateInstance( CLSID_Mail, NULL, CLSCTX_ALL, IID_IMail, (LPVOID*)&pSmtp ); But I want to create ActiveX control directly from DLL without registering dll ( I need to create an application that doesn't need to be installed ). Is it possible ? Kamil > But I want to create ActiveX control directly from DLL without registering > dll Why? I...

activeX
Hi all, Does anyone know a ActiveX to be used in a Delphi application? The main requirement is to read the whole spreadsheet with its worksheets, because my Excel file has references among themselfs... (calculated fields...) I've found a set of ActiveX, but all of them just read the values and don't dealing with the calculated fields and their references... thanks for all... Marcos ...

ActiveX Control: Installation Fails
Hi, I am wondering if anyone can assist with a problem I am having with an ActiveX control failing to install on some occasions. My ActiveX control makes use of libcurl, which makes use of zlib1.dll I have been able to reproduce the problem of a failed installation by removing 'zlib1.dll' from my \windows\system32 directory. The ActiveX control is already packaged with this file however, and the .inf file contains: --------- .... [DefaultInstall] CopyFiles=install.files .... [install.files] zlib1.dll=zlib1.dll .... [DestinationDirs] install.files=11 --------- I even tried inclu...

Not able to create an Activex control within another activex contr
Hi, I'm not able to create an Activex control within another activex control. ........... CAxCtrl m_obj; ................. m_obj.Create(NULL,_T("Control1"),WS_CHILD | WS_VISIBLE,CRect(0,0,100,50),this,1000); ( this ----> parent activex control) I'm getting an error in occcont.cpp , in this particular line TRY { m_pCtrlCont = afxOccManager->CreateContainer(this); } END_TRY Thanks ...

ActiveX can't create Object problem
Hello, I have a service built in VB that uses an excel activeX compoenet to create excel reports from data reported to it from MSSQL by fireing stored procedures. For some reason right now the service keeps reporting that it cannot create the ActiveX object. Has anyone seen this problem and what could be the cause. Shawn ...

Writing an activex control to proxy calls to an unregistered activex control
Hi all, One of my clients needs to support using two versions of an activex control within Internet Explorer. However, both versions of the control register to the same CLSID meaning that it is not possible to run both concurrently without some intervention. One idea that I had was to create a new activex control under a different CLSID (and associate that CLSID with a different mimetype) so that requests to the new mimetype will be sent to the new activex control, which will in-turn proxy those requests to the unregistered version of the activex control. Has anyone had experience doing any...

ActiveX
Every now and then I get this message: ‘Your current security settings prohibit running ActiveX controls on this page. As a result the page mat not display properly” How can I fix this?. Hi enable Active X in your browser :-) But be aware that this may be a security issue! -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany "RedChequer" <RedChequer@discussions.microsoft.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag news:47DE0568-48FF-4399-8E3F-1B64A6C3B329@microsoft.com... > Every now and then I get this message: > ‘Your current security settings prohibit running ActiveX controls on this > p...

Help needed with ActiveX Flash8.ocx
I am trying to interface my MFC program with a Flash swf file. I created an activeX control using the flash8.ocx. I set the movie parameter to be equal to my swf file name and when I compile and run, I get my flash file running inside MFC. YAY! My question is this. How can I get flash to send me messages and my MFC program send data back to flash? I've read that from MFC i should be able to call the SetVariable() method to change things in flash from MFC. I don't know how to create an object that has this method though. secondly, it was mentioned that I can use ExternalInterface...

ActiveX control in another activex control
I have a activeX control with a dialog box in. Is it possible to add an activeX control to this control? If so, can someone please show me how this could be done? Thx > I have a activeX control with a dialog box in. Is it possible to add an > activeX control to this control? If so, can someone please show me how this > could be done? > As a user of ActiveX control, you cannot put another one in it unless the ActiveX control is designed to do it. As a developer of the control you are free to do what you want. --- Ajay So you are saying that I as a developer of activeX contro...

Submitting params from HTML to activeX control
Hi, I have an activeX control (programmed with c++) which is displayed in the Internet Explorer via the object tag. Now, as you probably know, you can pass parameters to the activeX control by using the param tag. My question now is, how do I get these parameters into my activeX control. I have several "DISP_PROPERTY_EX_ID" in my control which I want to fill via the param tag. Do I have to make my control safe for scripting or do I have to implement a special interface to set the parameters? Does anyone know how to realize that? Can anyone help me? Thx in advance, Kai I. H. ...