Active X control

Hi All,
I am trying to make a dialog based ActiveX control in VC++
using MFC. I inserted buttons, radio buttons, and a
FlexGrid control in this ActiveX. But when I run this
control in a client application, the control disappears.
If I remove Flexgrid, the control is displayed but when I
press any button on this control, program hangs.
Where is it that I might be going wrong?
Would highly appreciate a solution or suggestion regarding
this.

0
dlldelhi (2)
1/3/2004 11:16:22 AM
vc.mfc 33608 articles. 0 followers. Follow

TestHim wrote:
> Hi All,
> I am trying to make a dialog based ActiveX control in VC++
> using MFC. I inserted buttons, radio buttons, and a
> FlexGrid control in this ActiveX. But when I run this
> control in a client application, the control disappears.
> If I remove Flexgrid, the control is displayed but when I
> press any button on this control, program hangs.
> Where is it that I might be going wrong?
> Would highly appreciate a solution or suggestion regarding
> this.

Since you didn't post any code all we can do is guess.  Did you call
PreModalDialog before displaying the dialog?

--
Scott McPhillips [VC++ MVP]

0
scottmcp8856 (490)
1/3/2004 3:09:28 PM
Hi,

I assume you have installed and registered the control on the target
machine?

I recall there is a run-time license for flexgrid that needs to be catered
for. If this issue is not dealt with the control will fail to create.

Take a look at the following article - it covers ATL, but the principle is
the same:

http://www.codeproject.com/atl/msflexgrid_in_cop_ctrl.asp

or

http://www.codeguru.com/mfc/comments/2900.shtml

or

try a google seach on "msflxgrd license" - no quotes.

- Tim

"TestHim" <dlldelhi@yahoo.co.in> wrote in message
> Hi All,
> I am trying to make a dialog based ActiveX control in VC++
> using MFC. I inserted buttons, radio buttons, and a
> FlexGrid control in this ActiveX. But when I run this
> control in a client application, the control disappears.
> If I remove Flexgrid, the control is displayed but when I
> press any button on this control, program hangs.
> Where is it that I might be going wrong?
> Would highly appreciate a solution or suggestion regarding
> this.

0
Tim
1/5/2004 12:50:52 AM
Hi Scott,
Should I use this API in Server(ocx) or in client(who is
using this ocx).
Thanks

0
dlldelhi (2)
1/5/2004 5:15:35 AM
TestHim wrote:
 > Did you call
 >>
 >>PreModalDialog before displaying the dialog?
 >>
> Hi Scott,
> Should I use this API in Server(ocx) or in client(who is
> using this ocx).
> Thanks

Within the ocx:

PreModalDialog();
dlg.DoModal();
PostModalDialog();

--
Scott McPhillips [VC++ MVP]

0
scottmcp8856 (490)

Popup dialog controls in doc/view app
Hi, I'm working on a text editor project using RichEditCtrl as my starting point. I want to be able to programatically (like on a WM_LBUTTONDOWN or something) create things like combo boxes, rich edit controls, etc. and so far haven't had much joy. Should I be able to use the Create method to achieve the desired effect? In my project I have the files that have been generated by Visual Studio and I was thinking that I might have to declare a variable: myProjectView.h ---------------- CRichEditCtrl m_myRichEdit; and then create it: myProjectView.cpp ------------------ m_myRichEdit...

Lebans Calendar Control
I have a continuous subform embedded on a main form. The Totals query underlying the subform calculates the total number of hours and their value based on each staff member's BillingRate. The subform is linked to the main form by the ProjectNumber. There is query criteria that references two textboxes on the main form that hold the starting and ending date of the period to be examined. I am attempting to use Steven Lebans fantastic calendar control to select the start and end dates, afterwhich I want to requery the subform, but for reasons I don't understand, changing the dat...

Active Tasks in Outlook Today
Is there a way to only display active tasks in Outlook Today ...

Internal e-mail activities are adding up
As people begin to use CRM and send internal e-mails regarding a particular entity we are seeing a HUGE number of activities adding up. It would be nice in the future if all internal e-mails regarding the entity would be summed up into one activity. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and then click "I ...

Recurring Service Activities / Items -- CRM 3.0 -- No capability?!
What's the rationale behind *not* having the ability to schedule recurring activities and service items? Have I missed something in workflows or some such? Thanks, ....dgg On May 25, 3:16 pm, David G <David G...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > What's the rationale behind *not* having the ability to schedule recurring > activities and service items? > > Have I missed something in workflows or some such? > > Thanks, > > ...dgg Hi David, Has anyone responded to your question? We are having the same issue and I'm hoping there is a solution avail...

Activity views 09-26-05
Folks When viewing the activities on an account or quote, there appears to be no obvious way to include the date of the activity in the view so it is difficult to determine when the activity was done - resulting in us having to open each and every activity to find the relevant one - and this is time consuming. Any ideas? Regards Gavin The current release of Microsoft CRM does not allow you to customize the activity views at least in a supported fashion. If you scan the archives of this group at groups.google.com for activity view you will find some unsupported methods. Microsoft CR...

Notified Office is Not Activated, but it is Activated
When my boss opens any of his Office 2007 products it notifies him that his copy of office is not activated. It has been activated and when I check it through Options it shows that it is activated, but the dialogue pops up each time the programs are opened. I have used the FixIt from KB 919895 to delete the Opa12.dat file which fixed a communications error in activatation, but the product still doesn't think it is properly activated when it is. ...

ActiveX control with chart
I have an ActiveX control producing some special charts which cannot be done in Excel itself. I would like to embed this control into Excel sheets, and they should behave similar to Excel charts (e.g. resize when the lower right corner is grabbed and moved). The chart object in Excel does have an OLEObjects function method, so it seems to be able to report embedded OLEObjects, but it does not have an Add method for such objects. Can I embed my ActiveX object in a chart, or at least resizably in a worksheet? OLEObject's don't have a resize event, so "plain" embedding does not...

Email to Activity in queue
Hi, I have created a queue and I don't get any email activity from incoming mail. I have this configuration: - CRM Server: CRM 3 (CRMSERVER) - SQL Server: SQL 2000 sp4 (SQLSERVER) - Exchange Server: Exchange 2003 sp2 Cluster environment (EXCCLU1, EXCCLU2). I have installed the CRM-Email Router in both nodes (http://www.microsoft.com/dynamics/crm/using/deploy/clusteringexchangeservers.mspx) And I have created the queue in two steps: - Step 1: AD Account with Exchange Mailbox o SELF Allow “Associated external account” o CRMEmailEnabled (Custom Attribute...

Set Default View to Active Accounts
How do I set the default view to be Active Accounts for all users? I thought I had set it by going to Settings>Customizations>Customize Entities>Account>Forms&Views>Active Accounts>More Actions>Set Default. I logged out and logged back in and the default view was still set to My Active Accounts. Please Help. -- TC I hope you published the entity after making the change. Try an iisreset... Sam _______________ Inogic Innovative Logic Innovative solutions for your SME ERP/CRM products E-mail: crm@inogic.com Web: www.inogic.com -------------------------- &qu...

cannot edit powerpoint objects embedded in a word document (OS X, Office 2004)
I just bought my first Mac ever (Mac Mini with OS X) and installed a fresh Office 2004 into it. However, I cannot edit powerpoint objects embedded in a word document, which I use a lot. First i get a message saying something like "cannot find server PowerPoint.Slide.8" (I run the Swedish version so I have translated the error mess to english here) If I start Powerpoint manually and then doubleclick again on the ppt-object in Word it also fails, but then the mess is something like "cannot edit PowerPoint.Slide.8" Somebody said that there could be a clash between some fre...

Date and Time on X-axis
I have three columns (Date, Time, and Temperature) that I am trying t graph as a scatter chart. I would like Date and Time together on th x-axis and I would like Temperature on the y-axis. I can't get th date and time combined on the x-axis. There are multiple measurement on the same day and the measurements are not spaced evenly. I woul like the scale to be with a consistent unit (i.e. certain number o hours between points). Any suggestions? Thanks, Cind -- cdought ----------------------------------------------------------------------- cdoughty's Profile: http://www.excelforum...

The value become wrong when get value by using AppleScript while other worksheet is active.
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard) Processor: Intel I just want to send a bug report. Summary: The value become wrong when get value by using AppleScript while other worksheet is active. Description: 1. Create an AppleScript file with below script. tell application "Microsoft Excel" activate set OriginalWorkbook to workbook "Workbook1" set OriginalData to string value of column 1 of row 1 of worksheet 1 of OriginalWorkbook end tell 2. Launch Excel 2008 and create a Workbook called "Workbook1". 3. Enter time data "11...

activate, window activate?
Hi, I want code to fire when I deactive excel and select another program and then run again when I active excel again... Private Sub Workbook_SheetDeactivate(ByVal Sh As Object) Range("v3").Font.ThemeColor = xlAutomatic End Sub Tried several, what am I missing? Try this. Hope this helps! If so, let me know, click "YES" below. Private Sub Workbook_WindowDeactivate(ByVal Wn As Excel.Window) Range("V3").Font.ThemeColor = xlAutomatic End Sub -- Cheers, Ryan "John" wrote: > Hi, I want code to fire when I deactive excel an...

Making a cell only ecept an X and protecting code
OK here what I got I need F22 and F23 to only except an X. At this point it only triggers the red if you enter an X but the cells does let you type in anything and that will be a problem. Then Id like to protect or hide the code some how so people don't mess with it. So if you have a minute or two I would be most great full. Private Sub Worksheet_Change(ByVal Target As Excel.Range) Rem Put an X in cells F22 or F23 makes Cells F14 AND F16 red Rem _____________________AREA WORKS_____________________ Rem YOU CAN ENTER ANY TEXT, BUT ONLY AN X TRIGGERS THE RED If Target.Address = ...

Resolution Activities
I am trying to pull resolution activities and whether they are won or lost? Which field stores this information? The Opportunity has a 'state' and 'staus reason' field - you should find that the State field is what you are looking for the 'status reason' is the 'why' (i.e why you won/lost). Guy. "EricaUW" <EricaUW@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:74837B1C-40CE-40C5-95A0-DE6D771C9C6E@microsoft.com... >I am trying to pull resolution activities and whether they are won or lost? > Which field stores this information? ...

Rename Exchanger Server also a Domani Controller?
I have an Exchange Server 2003 that is also a WIndows 2003 Domain Controller (setup in a resource domain, all accounts that use mail are in another account-only domain). Recent happenings require that this server be renamed. Other DCs in the same domain that are not Exchange have already been renamed using netdom to add a secondary name, reboot, change the name to the new name, reboot, remove the old name. Can I do the same thing with the Exchange server? Thanks. Changing name of Exchange servers is not supported - it will break the Exchange installation. What you can do: 1. Setup anoth...

Changing default from printing Entire Workbook to Active Sheets
In Excel 2007, is there a place to select the data to print? I have a user that when she goes to print a document, the 'print what' section of the print box defaults to 'entire workbook.' She wants it to default to 'active sheets.' Is there a setting in Excel or the Registry that I can edit? Thanks, John ...

Determine cluster mode Active/Active or Active/Passive??
This is a simple question but I'm new to Exchange 2003 clustering. We have 2-node Exc 2003 Ent cluster here at my new job. I need to apply the Daylight Savings patches this weekend and making sure I've got the process down. What I noticed in Cluster Admin is that I have online groups/resources in each cluster. So I have excluster1 and excluster2. If I check Active Groups for each one, they both have both and both are online. Same deal with Active Resources. So does this mean I have an Active/Active setup? Thanks for any info Active/Active = 2 cluster nodes, both hosting 1 Excha...

Quick Campaign creating duplicate activities
When I run a quick campaign for either a contact list or an account list, I get 2 activities per contact or account. It does it for any activity type (e-mail, letter, etc) Has anyone seen this? Does anyone know how (or even where to start) to fix this? If I create a quick campaign for 5 contacts, I would like only 5 activities to be created. Thanks Seems like some how your deployment has duplicate workflow process definition for bulk operation. This definition is created during setup. I dont know how your system might have got into that state. Did you run installation or repair ...

Workflow multiplicate activities
I have created 4 workflows for one entity. Each of them starts when the value of custom picklist has been changed. Each of the workflows has stop line at the end. Unfortunatelly for some picklist options there are 4-5 times more created duplicate activities. Is there somebody, who can tell me what is the reason for that ? Best regards, Omega ...

Mail-merge set as default to create activities?
Hello, After a mail-merge is complete and it asks if you want to create activities for these records, does anyone know if you can get it to default to yes rather then no. My client would like to try and stop people from forgetting to clieck yes! Thanks, Katherine If you have an onpremise deployment then you can go and update the <wwwroot>\tools\mailmerge\trackactivities.aspx page and move the checked option from radio button "radNoTrack" to "radTrack". "K" wrote: > Hello, > > After a mail-merge is complete and it asks if you want to cre...

How can I close multiple activities at once
From a customer I got the question: is it possible to close multiple activities (f.i. 300 phonecall created by a Quick Campaign) at once? They DON'T want to delete them! ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and then click "I Agree" in the message pane. http://www.microsoft.com/Businesssolutions/Com...

Activate an active workbook with name x
First I do a save as.. for a workbook and get the name via a input box (lets say the name gets queried by 'fname'. How do I later move back to that specific workbook? Something I needed would look like: ActiveWorkbook -with the name of 'fname'.Activate tx Gmick, I think fname is a variable in your program. If so, Workbooks(fname).Activate -- Earl Kiosterud mvpearl omitthisword at verizon period net ------------------------------------------- "Gmick" <gnick@chello.nl> wrote in message news:R6LRc.58621$i7.23416@amsnews05.chello.com... > First I do a sav...

Unicode Controls on Forms
Hi everyone, I don't usually monitor this group, but I have a forms question, so here I am. :) I needed to put a checkmark on a form a while back, and I remember the controls I was using in Access (2000 or 2002, not sure) not supporting Unicode characters, so I had to resort to the MT-Sorts font, and distribute it, and so forth. Playing around in Access 2003, I see that it does support Unicode characters, and I can use the more widely-available Arial Unicode checkmark. Does anybody know for certain when Unicode support was added? If I'm using 2003 to design my form, with th...