About platforms

Hi all, I'm a newbie here. I'm not sure if I'm in the right forum, please let me know if it's wrong

I developed a pocket pc dialog-based application by embedded visual c++. Is it possible to transfer it to Win32 application by visual c++

Thanks and regards
Ryan
0
anonymous (74722)
2/6/2004 7:21:05 AM
vc.mfc 33608 articles. 0 followers. Follow

I think you are better off posting this in microsoft.public.pocketpc.* newsgroup.

--
Ajay Kalra [MVP - VC++]
ajaykalra@yahoo.com

"Ryan" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
| Hi all, I'm a newbie here. I'm not sure if I'm in the right forum, please let me know if
it's wrong.

| I developed a pocket pc dialog-based application by embedded visual c++. Is it possible
to transfer it to Win32 application by visual c++?

| Thanks and regards,
| Ryan

0
ajaykalra (6842)

About platforms
Hi all, I'm a newbie here. I'm not sure if I'm in the right forum, please let me know if it's wrong I developed a pocket pc dialog-based application by embedded visual c++. Is it possible to transfer it to Win32 application by visual c++ Thanks and regards Ryan I think you are better off posting this in microsoft.public.pocketpc.* newsgroup. -- Ajay Kalra [MVP - VC++] ajaykalra@yahoo.com "Ryan" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:A8BDEA98-C7DB-4AD7-9F86-99F16BA77BCC@microsoft.com... | Hi all, I'm a newbie here. I'm not sure...

32-Bit platform to a 64-Bit platform access form
I have a form which I'm moving from my old server to a 64Bit server, I keep getting the HTTP 500 error, "cannot display the page". In the program (name. asp) I had change the Provider "MSDASQL;Driver={Microsoft Access Driver (*.mdb)}; DBQ=C:\Inetpub\wwwroot\wss\ VirtualDirectories\CompanyPortal\Forms\Progam\ProgramName.mdb;" And I had dowload the 64 bit driver MSDASQL, But it still not working. Do I need to convert the Access database to SQL and use a SQL ODBC connection? At this moment, all drivers/providers for Access/JET are exclusively 32 bit, so yo...

Crm.Platform.Proxy class.
I try to use the CRMContact.Retreive method of CRMContact class to retrieve data from a CRM contact. When it reaches the (Microsoft.Crm.Platform.Proxy.CUserAuth userAuth = bizUser.WhoAmI();) and tries to execute the class I get the error message "The request failed with HTTP status 404: Not Found" 404 Not Found This is probably the most common status code. Your browser cannot locate the document corresponding to the URL you entered. An improperly typed URL is usually the cause. The document may also have been moved. If you cannot find it elsewhere on the site, it may have been p...

web platform installer
I have web platform installer. I want to install an application on my remote site. It doesn't appear to be able to install on a remote site. Or at least, I do not know how. Is it correct that it is not used to install on a remote site? Thanks? ...

what platform am I using?
Is there a programmatic way to know if I'm running on a Pocket PC vs. a Windows CE platform? Does GetVersionEx(...) help for embedded devices? -- Vipin Aravind Microsoft - MVP "PaulH" <PaulH@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:DB4444C7-2A94-4F9A-A4D5-5F810B73F7C7@microsoft.com... > Is there a programmatic way to know if I'm running on a Pocket PC vs. a > Windows CE platform? The function works correctly, but since both PPC 2003 and CE 4.20 are based on the same platform, GetVersionEx() returns the same information for both. "Vipin&quo...

Supported Platforms
What platforms does this software support? Or what processing agent(s) does the software support. From a credit card procesors standpoint, what would need to be done if a customer using your sw wanted to switch cc processors? PLEASE REPLY TO: dkyle@encoreps.com -- D.L.K. ...

Problem installing CRM 3.0 in 64 Bit platform
I am encountering a problem when trying to setup CRM 3.0 on Win 2003 Enterprise x64 in the initial step, where it is trying to install the Hotfix for MSXML 4.0. It seems the Hotfix (KB887606) is not designed for x64 platform (Error: KB887606 is meant for another hardware platform) and I cannot find a version for x64 systems. Does anyone know a solution for this one? Stefan Landgraf I bumped to to this mail searching resolution for that same prob. Will post a ticket to MS. Leo > I am encountering a problem when trying to setup CRM 3.0 on Win 2003 > Enterprise x64 in the initial s...

Platform SDK
What is the difference between MFC api's and the Platform SDK api's. I see API's like CWnd::GetDlgItem and the same API GetDlgItem is there in the platform SDK API as well. What is the difference which would be called. Thanks, David "David Mohandas" <david_mohandas@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:emsLGoEvDHA.640@tk2msftngp13.phx.gbl... > What is the difference between MFC api's and the Platform SDK api's. I see > API's like CWnd::GetDlgItem and the same API GetDlgItem is there in the > platform SDK API as well. What is the difference which ...

Which Platform SDK ?
Hi guys, I just upgraded from VC6 to VS2005 Professional. I'm using XP Pro and program as a hobby so I don't plan on distributing my software anytime soon, I just want to be up to date and have everything working on my system. Do I need to download the Platform SDK, and if so which one should I get ? I'm not doing any server programming, just stand-alone MFC apps and DirectX stuff. Thanks. >I just upgraded from VC6 to VS2005 Professional. > >I'm using XP Pro and program as a hobby so I don't plan on distributing >my software anytime soon, I just want ...

VISANET PLATFORM
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_0000_01C87678.D1D046E0 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="us-ascii" Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit HELLO HOW MANY OF YOU OUTTHERE ARE USING THE VISANET/VITAL PLATFORM WITH RMS AND WHAT KIND OF ISSUES HAVE YOU COME ACROSS IF ANY. THANKS ------=_NextPart_000_0000_01C87678.D1D046E0 Content-Type: text/html; charset="us-ascii" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable <html xmlns:o=3D"urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" = xmlns:w=3D"urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:word" = xm...

Platform upgrade
I'm switching from a PC to a MAC and wonder if they offer just an upgrade/platform switch, rather than purchase the entire Office Suite again? Adobe is offering me an "upgrade/platform switch" for just the upgrade price if I sign a letter of destruction saying I've deleted my Adobe photoshop. they will just send my a new copy of PS for my new MAC. Does anyone know if Microsoft offers the same option? Hi Terri, It appears that Microsoft does not offer an upgrade path that will help you out. What are my upgrade options? <http://www.microsoft.com/mac/products/office...

How write platform-independent app with Windows GUI
I am about to embark on a largish project in C++, I'm fairly new to the language but have learnt standard C++ during the last month or so. I am previously experienced with Java. Now, my problem is that i would like to write all the code that does useful stuff, computations etc in as standard C++ as possible for easy porting to Unix/Linux and only keep the GUI code platform-specific. What is the best way of doing this? I seem to get the impression that the easiest way would be to write code in standard C++ and then use the MFC for the GUI? Or can I write standard C++ and then use .NET for...

Compatibily with both platforms...
Hi! I'm new to Mac and I just got the Office 2004. Simple question: Does all of my jobs done with Mac Office can be opened from a Windows based PC with Office? In article <271e01c4a805$58ee4690$a401280a@phx.gbl>, "Eric" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > Hi! I'm new to Mac and I just got the Office 2004. Simple > question: Does all of my jobs done with Mac Office can be > opened from a Windows based PC with Office? Yes. MacOffice and WinOffice share the same file formats. Certain features are single platform, but they are generally i...

Cross-platform prob
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_0015_01C3F279.82ADD1E0 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable Hi! My boss uses Office X for Mac, and I use Office XP for PC. When he = sends me Office files, all of the pictures inside the Office file say = this:=20 QuickTimeT and a TIFF (Uncompressed) decompressor are needed to see this = picture. Does anyone else have this problem? Does anyone else know how to fix it? = Thanks! ------=_NextPart_000_0015_01C3F279.82ADD1E0 Content-Type: text/html; charset="...

How to set the value WINCEROOT in platform builder for mobile 5.0
I installed the platform builder for windows mobile 5.0. and chose the Platform builder and AKU, but after install, the first time i ran the platform builder, it shown "not a valid build tree path", and i can't create new OS design by IDE mode, so could someone help me ? Try Tools\Options\Platform Builder for CE -- Bruce Eitman (eMVP) Senior Engineer Bruce.Eitman AT Eurotech DOT com My BLOG http://geekswithblogs.net/bruceeitman Eurotech Inc. www.Eurotech.com "Lin, Liberty" <Lin, Liberty@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:4D2C...

Which platform sdk should be downloaded
I know it is a stupid question, but I really dont know how to resolve it. I encounter a compiler error caused by lack of platform sdk. the error is shown below error C2065: 'TPM_HORNEGANIMATION' : undeclared identifier I go to microsoft web site but find many kinds of sdk version, which one should I download to resove the compiler error above? I find nothing about how to re-configured my vc++6.0 environment with newly downloaded sdk. could you teach me something about that and give me some comments for my below questions? What is the differences between web install and ...

Advice on Platform
I'm being offered a project for a pharmaceutical company to keep track of their sales/purchases/stocks online (web/internet). I want advice about the best development platform for this. I'm comfortable with VB6 but that alone is not enough to develop web applications besides I want to learn VB.NET. So what should I use? VB.NET with ASP? XML? I'll probably have SQL Server at the backend. What is the most efficent combination. Or can I do it with a single tool? Well mostly it depends on personal preference with the profliteration of so many languages and ways to access/displa...

CRM Platform Error
All users in CRM are getting a Microsoft CRM Platform Error - details on this error have not been provided by the platform. It happens itermittently to different people at different times. Ping CRM doesn't work. They then have to run IPConfig /registerDNS and then they are able to connect to CRM again, and ping CRM works at that point. It has become most annoying for our call center who has to do this several times a day to keep working in CRM. Any suggestions appreciated. Do you have multiple DNS servers setup in your DHCP scope and are they all internal DNS servers that ...

MSCRM Platform Error Report

Updating platform.reg...
Hello, I want to change the following value in the common.reg : [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Drivers\USB\ClientDrivers\Mass_Storage_Class\2] .... .... "UnitAttnRepeat"=dword:A ; TEST UNIT READY repeat (reduce to 1 for large USB disk keys) .... ... Obviously, I don't change the common.reg but I put the new value in my platform.reg (or project.reg) : [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Drivers\USB\ClientDrivers\Mass_Storage_Class\2] "UnitAttnRepeat"=dword:1 After this change I have launched a "Build and Sysgen Current BSP" command but in the reldir I see th...

Cross Platform Development
I am looking for some info and opinions on cross platform development. We wish to port/create applications for Windows and Unix. Now I am NOT a UNIX person so when I say UNIX, I am saying Red Hat, Linspire, Suse, Solarix, etc. I am not sure if these all fall under the UNIX umbrella but I am putting them there till I am told differently. I am looking for products that will let me build my application using Visual Studio and then cross compile it for different targets, hopefully within VC. Does something like this exist? -- Thanks Ralph Krausse www.consiliumsoft.com Use the START button? Then...

Platform name: how to change
Can use change the platform name of a Windows CE device, i.e. accessing system registry or other.. ? Or, is this value absolutely unchangable except from PB? Massimo What do you mean exactly with 'Platform Name'? In the registry you have a key ([HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Ident]) thus you can modify it using a remote or local registry editor. The values under this key (Name and Desc) are those you can see in System Properties control panel applet, in the Device Name tab -- Luca Calligaris (MVP-Windows Embedded) l.calligaris.nospam@eurotech.it.nospam www.eurotech.it ...

Platform Builder 3
Does anybody has a link to download this? I need to upgrade my laptop. You will need to register before downloading. Don't forget to d/l the appropriate SDK for your device(s). http://www.hpcfactor.com/downloads/details.asp?r=0D692AFF-501F-48D1-9D1C-C494078E201C vangbe wrote: >Does anybody has a link to download this? >I need to upgrade my laptop. AFAIK it's not free to download. Embedded Visual Tools 3.0 is (if that's any use) You will need to register before downloading. Don't forget to d/l the appropriate SDK for your device(s). http://www.hpc...

Platform Builder - Emulator
Hi all, i have just finished the Virtual Lab, "Build Your Own Picture Frame, Step 2: Develop an Application for Windows Embedded CE", and i just can't seem to make the emulator work (the emulator window just doesn't show). The OS image is uploaded to the emulator and the output window doesn't give me any error. I have tried to run a command manually and i think it works. This isn't the first time this happens to me, but in the virtual lab it should have worked fine. Thank you in advance Best Regards Jo=E3o Lopes We don't know what version...