about activex control

I am created MFC's project with VS2002.net
and Add activex control(windows media player)in this dialog
but I cann't using this control's method
Help me!
0
anonymous (74717)
5/17/2004 7:01:06 AM
vc.mfc 33608 articles. 0 followers. Follow

Activex #6
hi to all, i'm beginner in vc++,i don't know how to start activex in vc+ +.anyone help me from where i have to start studying. Thanks and Regards Muthukkumaran.S.A To begin with, why do you want ActiveX? Its older technology but it still has its usefulness. You want to make sure you really want it before jumping into it. MFC is older technology for ActiveX and it produces a larger module. ATL has smaller footprint and is the preferred choice. For tutorials, go to MSDN and codeguru/codeproject. -- Ajay <arumuthu@gmail.com> wrote in message news:f1bb07cb-4afe-4efb-9...

ImageList Control
Using 2003, XP Pro. Trying to add images using Microsoft ImageList Control 6.0 According to information I have, you use the .Add method to add an image to the list. The Add method is not available for this control. It does not show up in intellisense and when I code it and run it, it thows the error that the method is not supported for this object. So, how do I add images to an imagelist? -- Dave Hargis, Microsoft Access MVP Hi Dave, It took a while, but I finally got there (XP Pro, Access 2002 - I expect it should work in A2003) ... Dim imlx As Object 'declaring ListImage ...

Show tabs with data in Tab Control
I have a form with a tab control and several tabs. On each tab I am using a subform. Users will not always have data in the subforms of each tab. My question is can I somehow show them which tabs have data, so that they are not forced to click through all tabs to find where their data is? I have tried using the OnChange event of the tab control to check for data and then add an asterisk to the caption of the tab if there is data. But that causes some nasty flicker when switching from tab to tab. I would like to know if anyone has come up with a more elegent way of showing customizing t...

Organizing WebSite with Large number of User controls(ASCX)
Hi All, We have a web site with large number(more than 1000) of web controls (ASCX). They are basically acting as the pages and calling from one container page. These web conrols are inherited from a common class declared in app_code folder. It also uses some other functionality provided through classes in app_code folder. We would like to reorganize these user controls to a sperate assembly so that the initial compilation time can be reduced. Please provide some pointers for doing the same. What all the precautions I need to take for doing it. Thanks, partysingh <gma...

MSChart control
suppose i created an application with a mschart control, done all the job of drawing and all that, is it possiable in any way to translate the info of the mschart cotnrol to a spreadshit info that excel could import? I succeed in converting the onto from my listctrl to a file excel could read but what can i do with the chart? I thought about not using the mschart control and create my own charting code using the knowen methods in mfc for drawing lines and etc. but again how can i convert to information to an excel shape? ...

how to add a activeX control to a custom entity
I want to add a activeX control in a custom entity. It should be added of load of the form. So i am trying to write a onload javascript function which adds the axtiveX control. I new to MSCRM 3.0. Please direct me how to do this. It deppends on what you exactly want to do. But if it is just a control you might want to use an IFrame a create a simple html page which embeds the ActiveX control. -- Patrick Verbeeten (MCSD) Lead Developer Aviva IT Web: aviva-it.nl "Prakash N" wrote: > I want to add a activeX control in a custom entity. It should be added of > load of ...

ActiveX
Hi, I developed a ActiveX control. It has only a set of functions. No visible layouts. Its working fine when i tested using the Test Container and in VB. I need to use the control in VC. I developed a MFC EXE program. I added the control using Project>Add to Project menu item. It has been successfully added to the program. I've declared the activex variable in the View class. i'm able to invoke the functions in the ActiveX while coding(i.e. when writing code the list members quick help shows my functions in activex). It builds successfully. But while running the program it...

Waiting for domain controller while on foreign nets
Hi, Scenario: Win2008 domain controllers and XP and win7pro clients. The clients are used in three different network environments, at their own office, at foreign domain network locations and at home. They are only connected to our domain when being in their office. We want these client computers ONLY to search / wait for response from their default domain controller when connected to our office network. A simple check of its leased IP address should tell windows if it currently is connected to the office network and therefore should try to connect to the DC. How can...

Webbrowser control:
H I am using CWebBrowser2 control in my VC++ application. I want the contents to be displayed as a fullscreen in the next monitor. Here is the sourc m_pHTMLCtrl=new CWebBrowser2 m_pHTMLCtrl->Create(NULL,ULL,NULL,WS_VISIBLE,the_rect,this,NULL) m_pHTMLCtrl->Navigate(m_strUrl, NULL, NULL, NULL, NULL) Now I can see the content in the specified rect. But if I use GetDesktopWindow() instead of this, I am not able to view anything. How can display the contents as fullscreen in secondary monitor? I had tried with SetFullScreen(), no use. Regard John Create a dialog which host the webbrows...

Adding controls in the Email Form
Hi, I am having some requirement in MS office outlook. I want to add the Radio button in the incoming message form. The mails which are received from the particular mail box should have this control and If users clicks the added radio button the auto reply should be sent to the sender with the body as "Approved". Please help us to get the solution in this requirement. Thanks in Advance, Manikandan R. See the answers to your programming group post. -- Sue Mosher, Outlook MVP Author of Microsoft Outlook 2007 Programming: Jumpstart for Power Users and...

Enable Cursor movement control in POS item entry
Please consider adding a configuration Control option in POS so during item entry it would stop on quantity or price instead of advancing to the next line. Our customer have just upgraded from QS2000 and had this option in the QS2000 and was very unhappy that this feature was taken out of RMS. It seems, that in an environment where items are scanned and the price and quantity are fixed it would make sense to have the cursor advance to the next line item, but in many environment price override and quantity entry now require the user to go back to the line above to make the changes. On...

using external Com/ActiveX object
Hello, On VC++ 6.0 - How do I use Com/activeX objects ? Thanks :) Hello Coose Project ->Add to Projects-> components and Control and insert the ActiveX Controls With Regards R.Selvam Hello Coose Project ->Add to Projects-> components and Control and insert the ActiveX Controls With Regards R.Selvam "Eitan" <no_spam_please@nospam.com> wrote in message news:uBUvSx87DHA.3012@TK2MSFTNGP09.phx.gbl... > Hello, > On VC++ 6.0 - How do I use Com/activeX objects ? > > Thanks :) Another way to use com components (not just activex compo...

Controlling size sent in MSXML2.ServerXMLHTTP.send
Is there a way to force all data to be sent in a single transmission using MSXML2.ServerXMLHTTP.send? I am sending XML data to a site which is experiencing problems if the there are more than 8192 bytes in the what is being Posted. I assume it is a problem at their end but would like to try to force it go out in one transmission at my end if possible. ...

ActiveX inside ActiveX
Hi All, Can I Include an ActiveX Control in my project which itself is an ActiveX Control. Thanks in Advance Regards Jayasankar ...

Register an ActiveX control with the Pocket PC 2003 Emulator
Hi, Is there anyone who knows how to register an Activex control with the Pocket PC 2003 Emulator? I successfully registered the control my PC using regsvr32. But when I inserted it in the application (a simple MFC dialog for enbedded devices), the main thread exit giving the following error. CoCreateInstance of OLE control {058E370E-6141-4E41-8B95-846EE04BB303} failed. >>> Result code: 0x80040154 >>> Is the control is properly registered? Warning: CreateDlgControls failed during dialog init. Can anyone help on this? Regds, Amila ...

mfc activex
i used the mfc develop a activex control,and i did not add any code in it and make the activex control into the html.but when i closed the internet explore,one error was showed.Why? "chuangyl" <msnews.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:utMNIHn8GHA.4012@TK2MSFTNGP04.phx.gbl... > i used the mfc develop a activex control,and i did not add any code in it > and make the activex control into the html.but when i closed the internet > explore,one error was showed.Why? What does the error say? -- Ajay Kalra [MVP - VC++] ajaykalra@yahoo.com ...

Which dialog control meets my demand ?
Hi NG, I have objects associated with 0-n properties (a string identifier for the name of the property and a float for the value). What I am looking for is a way to show these properties in a dialog where you have some kind of a table with the property name and the adjustable value. The controls would be like one Static Text and one Edit Control but how do I manage the 0-n ? Any idea ? thanx thats a design decision that is up to you or whoever is specifying your requirements. if you don't have any requirements then you will have to make a decision based on what you think your users ma...

unable to debug app with WMP activeX control
Hi I had an dialog application in VC 6.0, which had just one control, i.e windows media player activeX control. I upgraded the project to VC.NET 2003, now I can't debug the application when something is being played in windows media player. I get Protection error message like "debugger detected - please close it down and restart!...." This doesn't happen when nothing is being played in it. Is there any way to debug while playing something in it... Regards, Ashutosh ...

code for subforms control
I have a main form ( Main serve data_frm) and there is a textbox called 'Serve code' and 'Serve limit',both of them contains numeric data. And I have a subform Serve usage_frm and there are textboxes 'Extra serve' and 'Used serve'.I want to ask how to write the code ( and in what even ) if the value of 'Serve Code <= 1 then Extra serve is visible'. And also when user enter a value for field 'Used serve' that bigger than the 'Serve limit' value then 'Used serve' background =255 ( Red ). I tried to write the code directly but (...

POS 2009 with SQL Server on Domain Controller
Hello, In preparation for a POS 2009 installation, I have been doing some tests to make sure the product will work in our environment. I would like to have the primary POS database on our Small Business Server 2008 machine. I don't have a SBS machine available for testing, but I have been testing this with Windows Server 2008 configured as a domain controller. So far, I've been having trouble setting up the database when the server is configured as a DC. I get the following error after waiting for a few minutes while the DB is set up: Failed to create database MSPOS. Error...

Activex #3
I have compiled my own activex file with VB 6.0 i wonder how can i hadd the .ocx file to the existing activeX list so I can display my control on the google desktop Bar ...

problems with creating activex control
Hi I don'y know what but something seems to be really strange in creating activeX control using MFC. First I create new ActiveX project using wizzard (with default settings). As I created new project, I reveal Class View Tree, go to LIB node and choose AddProperty. Then I Add few properties (with get/set methods), build - everything works fine, I can see everything in properties and I can access methods at run-time. Then I re-open project and add another property and build - this time property is visible in properies sheet but I can't access any of it's methods (get/set). A...

How to release a CWebBrowser2 control? #2
Dear everyone: I have a CWebBrowser2 control on my dialog and navigate to url by the following code: CComVariant sNull,sFrame; sNull=""; sFrame=""; m_ctlWeb.Navigate("http://www.microsoft.com", &sNull, &sFrame,&sNull,&sNull); When I close the dialog and try to release the control by the following code: m_ctlWeb.DestroyWindow(); The control is destroyed, but when I check the task manager for the memory usage, I found that a memory of over 11 megebytes still remained! Can anyone tell me how to release the memo...

insert ActiveX into MFC without resource file
Hi, I try to insert ActiveX to my program as following: class MyWnd:public CFrameWnd { public: MyWnd() { CString strControlProgid; strControlProgid="mscal.calendar.7"; m_Control.DestroyWindow(); RECT rc; ::GetClientRect(m_hWnd,&rc); BOOL bStat=FALSE; bStat=m_Control.CreateControl(strControlProgid, "", WS_VISIBLE, rc, this, 5000, NULL, FALSE, NULL); if (bStat == FALSE) { ::MessageBox (m_hWnd,&...

Disable/Enable all controls on a form based on value of another control
What is the best to way to exclude a specific control (or controls) from the following condition? (e.g., I would like to exclude SubjectID and MRN from being Enabled or Disabled): ### Dim Ctl As Control On Error Resume Next If IsNull(Me.SubjectID) OR IsNull(Me.MRN) Then For Each Ctl In Me.Controls Ctl.Enabled = False Next Ctl Else For Each Ctl In Me.Controls Ctl.Enabled = True Next Ctl End If ### I'm using this to ensure that the user enters the SubjectID and MRN *before* entering more data for the subject. By disabling all the...