a new Window style?

Hi,

I saw an application, whose menu bar is shortened into an arrow only.    To 
its right there are some tool buttons.  If you click the arrow, the whole 
menu bar shows up.  Is it a new window style added to VS 2005?  What is it? 
Or maybe is it just either from a 3rd party tool or a home grown redrawing 
routine?

Your help is appreciated.

JD 


0
jdt_young (239)
5/22/2007 6:58:01 PM
vc.mfc 33608 articles. 0 followers. Follow

8 Replies
639 Views

Similar Articles

[PageSpeed] 24

Can you post a screen capture of this?  Or atleast tell us which application 
you are looking at.

AliR.

"JD Young" <jdt_young@yahoo.com> wrote in message 
news:uK9rfMKnHHA.4552@TK2MSFTNGP04.phx.gbl...
> Hi,
>
> I saw an application, whose menu bar is shortened into an arrow only. 
> To its right there are some tool buttons.  If you click the arrow, the 
> whole menu bar shows up.  Is it a new window style added to VS 2005?  What 
> is it? Or maybe is it just either from a 3rd party tool or a home grown 
> redrawing routine?
>
> Your help is appreciated.
>
> JD
> 


0
AliR3470 (3235)
5/22/2007 8:57:05 PM
I've never seen anything like that except, perhaps, in the new Office  2007 
paradigm with the big Office button.    Would this be the sort of thing 
you're looking for:

http://www.codejock.com/products/commandbars/tour_first.asp

Tom

"JD Young" <jdt_young@yahoo.com> wrote in message 
news:uK9rfMKnHHA.4552@TK2MSFTNGP04.phx.gbl...
> Hi,
>
> I saw an application, whose menu bar is shortened into an arrow only. 
> To its right there are some tool buttons.  If you click the arrow, the 
> whole menu bar shows up.  Is it a new window style added to VS 2005?  What 
> is it? Or maybe is it just either from a 3rd party tool or a home grown 
> redrawing routine?
>
> Your help is appreciated.
>
> JD
> 

0
tom.nospam (3240)
5/22/2007 9:09:09 PM
Hi AliR,

In SolidWorks 2008, you can see such a nice menu bar.

Thanks.
JD


"AliR (VC++ MVP)" <AliR@online.nospam> wrote in message 
news:BOI4i.21665$YL5.7314@newssvr29.news.prodigy.net...
> Can you post a screen capture of this?  Or atleast tell us which 
> application you are looking at.
>
> AliR.
>
> "JD Young" <jdt_young@yahoo.com> wrote in message 
> news:uK9rfMKnHHA.4552@TK2MSFTNGP04.phx.gbl...
>> Hi,
>>
>> I saw an application, whose menu bar is shortened into an arrow only. To 
>> its right there are some tool buttons.  If you click the arrow, the whole 
>> menu bar shows up.  Is it a new window style added to VS 2005?  What is 
>> it? Or maybe is it just either from a 3rd party tool or a home grown 
>> redrawing routine?
>>
>> Your help is appreciated.
>>
>> JD
>>
>
> 


0
jdt_young (239)
5/22/2007 9:49:57 PM
Hi Tom,

I visited the link you provided.  It's more complicated than what I was 
talking about.  It's even nice, though.

Thanks.
JD

"Tom Serface" <tom.nospam@camaswood.com> wrote in message 
news:AAC29EA7-2E65-48BF-9556-1E41C0B1A1C1@microsoft.com...
> I've never seen anything like that except, perhaps, in the new Office 
> 2007 paradigm with the big Office button.    Would this be the sort of 
> thing you're looking for:
>
> http://www.codejock.com/products/commandbars/tour_first.asp
>
> Tom
>
> "JD Young" <jdt_young@yahoo.com> wrote in message 
> news:uK9rfMKnHHA.4552@TK2MSFTNGP04.phx.gbl...
>> Hi,
>>
>> I saw an application, whose menu bar is shortened into an arrow only. To 
>> its right there are some tool buttons.  If you click the arrow, the whole 
>> menu bar shows up.  Is it a new window style added to VS 2005?  What is 
>> it? Or maybe is it just either from a 3rd party tool or a home grown 
>> redrawing routine?
>>
>> Your help is appreciated.
>>
>> JD
>>
> 


0
jdt_young (239)
5/22/2007 9:58:51 PM
Hi JD,

I went to their site, but unfortunately, I can't figure out how to see what 
it looks like without putting in my email address and I don't need any more 
spam :o)  I guess I could put in some ertsatz ID, but ...

Tom

"JD Young" <jdt_young@yahoo.com> wrote in message 
news:%23GVNlsLnHHA.4412@TK2MSFTNGP02.phx.gbl...
> Hi AliR,
>
> In SolidWorks 2008, you can see such a nice menu bar.
>
> Thanks.
> JD
>

0
tom.nospam (3240)
5/22/2007 10:28:45 PM
I looked at SolidWorks demo but couldn't figure out which menu you were 
talking about.  Are we talking about the menu bar or the toolbar?

http://www.learnstar.com/AliR/ScreenShot.jpg


AliR.


"JD Young" <jdt_young@yahoo.com> wrote in message 
news:%23GVNlsLnHHA.4412@TK2MSFTNGP02.phx.gbl...
> Hi AliR,
>
> In SolidWorks 2008, you can see such a nice menu bar.
>
> Thanks.
> JD
>
>
> "AliR (VC++ MVP)" <AliR@online.nospam> wrote in message 
> news:BOI4i.21665$YL5.7314@newssvr29.news.prodigy.net...
>> Can you post a screen capture of this?  Or atleast tell us which 
>> application you are looking at.
>>
>> AliR.
>>
>> "JD Young" <jdt_young@yahoo.com> wrote in message 
>> news:uK9rfMKnHHA.4552@TK2MSFTNGP04.phx.gbl...
>>> Hi,
>>>
>>> I saw an application, whose menu bar is shortened into an arrow only. To 
>>> its right there are some tool buttons.  If you click the arrow, the 
>>> whole menu bar shows up.  Is it a new window style added to VS 2005? 
>>> What is it? Or maybe is it just either from a 3rd party tool or a home 
>>> grown redrawing routine?
>>>
>>> Your help is appreciated.
>>>
>>> JD
>>>
>>
>>
>
> 


0
AliR3470 (3235)
5/23/2007 2:35:17 PM
Hi AliR.

Neither one is what I was talking about.  I already emailed a picture to 
your personal email address.  I couldn't load the picture to the newsgroup 
because it was rejected due to its size.

Thanks.
JD


"AliR (VC++ MVP)" <AliR@online.nospam> wrote in message 
news:FiY4i.29861$Um6.3610@newssvr12.news.prodigy.net...
>I looked at SolidWorks demo but couldn't figure out which menu you were 
>talking about.  Are we talking about the menu bar or the toolbar?
>
> http://www.learnstar.com/AliR/ScreenShot.jpg
>
>
> AliR.
>
>
> "JD Young" <jdt_young@yahoo.com> wrote in message 
> news:%23GVNlsLnHHA.4412@TK2MSFTNGP02.phx.gbl...
>> Hi AliR,
>>
>> In SolidWorks 2008, you can see such a nice menu bar.
>>
>> Thanks.
>> JD
>>
>>
>> "AliR (VC++ MVP)" <AliR@online.nospam> wrote in message 
>> news:BOI4i.21665$YL5.7314@newssvr29.news.prodigy.net...
>>> Can you post a screen capture of this?  Or atleast tell us which 
>>> application you are looking at.
>>>
>>> AliR.
>>>
>>> "JD Young" <jdt_young@yahoo.com> wrote in message 
>>> news:uK9rfMKnHHA.4552@TK2MSFTNGP04.phx.gbl...
>>>> Hi,
>>>>
>>>> I saw an application, whose menu bar is shortened into an arrow only. 
>>>> To its right there are some tool buttons.  If you click the arrow, the 
>>>> whole menu bar shows up.  Is it a new window style added to VS 2005? 
>>>> What is it? Or maybe is it just either from a 3rd party tool or a home 
>>>> grown redrawing routine?
>>>>
>>>> Your help is appreciated.
>>>>
>>>> JD
>>>>
>>>
>>>
>>
>>
>
> 


0
jdt_young (239)
5/23/2007 8:07:51 PM
The email in the post is not my real email.
Email to alir@learnstar.nospam.com <without the nospam >

AliR.

"JD Young" <jdt_young@yahoo.com> wrote in message 
news:u9o6bYXnHHA.4772@TK2MSFTNGP05.phx.gbl...
> Hi AliR.
>
> Neither one is what I was talking about.  I already emailed a picture to 
> your personal email address.  I couldn't load the picture to the newsgroup 
> because it was rejected due to its size.
>
> Thanks.
> JD
>
>
> "AliR (VC++ MVP)" <AliR@online.nospam> wrote in message 
> news:FiY4i.29861$Um6.3610@newssvr12.news.prodigy.net...
>>I looked at SolidWorks demo but couldn't figure out which menu you were 
>>talking about.  Are we talking about the menu bar or the toolbar?
>>
>> http://www.learnstar.com/AliR/ScreenShot.jpg
>>
>>
>> AliR.
>>
>>
>> "JD Young" <jdt_young@yahoo.com> wrote in message 
>> news:%23GVNlsLnHHA.4412@TK2MSFTNGP02.phx.gbl...
>>> Hi AliR,
>>>
>>> In SolidWorks 2008, you can see such a nice menu bar.
>>>
>>> Thanks.
>>> JD
>>>
>>>
>>> "AliR (VC++ MVP)" <AliR@online.nospam> wrote in message 
>>> news:BOI4i.21665$YL5.7314@newssvr29.news.prodigy.net...
>>>> Can you post a screen capture of this?  Or atleast tell us which 
>>>> application you are looking at.
>>>>
>>>> AliR.
>>>>
>>>> "JD Young" <jdt_young@yahoo.com> wrote in message 
>>>> news:uK9rfMKnHHA.4552@TK2MSFTNGP04.phx.gbl...
>>>>> Hi,
>>>>>
>>>>> I saw an application, whose menu bar is shortened into an arrow only. 
>>>>> To its right there are some tool buttons.  If you click the arrow, the 
>>>>> whole menu bar shows up.  Is it a new window style added to VS 2005? 
>>>>> What is it? Or maybe is it just either from a 3rd party tool or a home 
>>>>> grown redrawing routine?
>>>>>
>>>>> Your help is appreciated.
>>>>>
>>>>> JD
>>>>>
>>>>
>>>>
>>>
>>>
>>
>>
>
> 


0
AliR3470 (3235)
5/23/2007 9:46:21 PM
Reply:

Similar Artilces:

new contact list
hello, i got an email that was sent to several emails (i was one of a contac list). how can i make a new contact list of my own with all the emails tha got that email. thank ----------------------------------------------- ~~ Message posted from http://www.ExcelTip.com ~~View and post usenet messages directly from http://www.ExcelForum.com ...

Add new user in CRM 3.0
On a new system, using the web interface to add a new user, ust after putting in domain\username I get the message "An error has occurred. For more information contact your system admnistrator" - no info from AD is displayed. Using the Deployment Manager, I never manage to get any domains or users listed. This leaves me unable to add users at all.. Single Domain: Win2003 with AD. SQL 2005 Svr SP1 Any help would be appreciated.. You might go to the web.config file in the CRM root folder and set remote errors to Off so you can get an informative error message. -- Matt Wittema...

importing email to a new computer
Hi, I'm trying to move a substantial amount of emails from a PC to my new lap top. As the size of the email folder is larger than one CDROM I can only copy specific files at a time. However, when I try to import these files, the program does not recognize them. Any hints on how simply to move my emails from one computer to another? Best, Cameron Outlook or Outlook Express? Outlook 97/98/2000/2002/2003: http://www.slipstick.com/config/backup.htm Outlook & Exchange/Windows Messaging Backup and Dual-Boot Outlook Express: Backing Up, Recovering and Restoring OE5/6 Files a...

old email addresses replaced by new will not allow owa access
Hello all, We have changed our email format from first initial last@XXX.com with firstname.lastname@XXX.com I went to remove the old email address for my account. once I did that I was not able to access OWA. Any thoughts? Thank you in advance. How do you log on to OWA? -- Ed Crowley MVP "There are seldom good technological solutions to behavioral problems." .. "Rollin West" <Rollin West@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:BF891802-5928-4E91-9F64-1AC93EB6E45A@microsoft.com... > Hello all, > > We have changed our ema...

How to Connect Comcast Box to Windows Xp to TV Tuner
Hi , I have been trying to figure this out for a week now can someone please help greatly appreciated ? I have Dell Xps Gen 5 Desktop with built in Dual Tv tuner and have been trying to figure out how to set it up To my Comcast Box (Only 1 Comcast box) no top box , I had the cable hooked up from the comcast box to my desktop and threw Media Center setup I saw Tv picture , but when it comes to the option to change channels it Will not change the channels threw the Xp Controller. I don't know what I'm doing wrong any answers greatley appreciated thank you . what do...

Outlook doesn't remember window size...
Hello, we have the problem that outlook doesn't remember the window size. If I want to write a new mail the 'new mail' window opens very very small (but not miminized). If I change the size of this window like I want and close the window next it opens as I closed it. -> this is what it should be. But when I close outlook and reopen it, the 'new email' window is again small. Outlook 2003, SP3 (with Exchange 2003 Server) No macros activated Word is not used as mail editor. The problem exists on 2 of 15 computers. I tried to close the window and even outlook with ctrl ...

Bring an app window to the front
In my app, I have the HWND of another application (that is not written by us). From my app I want to bring this other app to the front but NOT in front of any system model dialogs that may be knocking about i.e. if this other app's window is obscured by other applications I want to bring it to be made visible., Is this impossible ? My window must always be in front of this other app, thats why I made my app system modal. If I SetWindowPos( hwndOtherApp, MyWindow, ..... ) then this initially achieves my goal, but now the other app automatically becomes system modal and so can app...

Excel 2003 Viewer: No more "Browse in same window" IE functionality?
With Excel viewer '97, by going into the file associations in explorer, you could modify the '.xls' entry and choose 'browse in same window'. In IE, this would then launch the excel attachment in the same window. After installing the recently released Excel Viewer 2003, the 'browse in same window' checkbox is greyed out. Is this a feature that was dropped in the new release? If so, is there any registry hack I can use to re-enable it? I'd really like to have the old functionality in the new version...without it, I can't push out the new version. Any hel...

New Tabs open Randomly
I am running XP Home (SP3) In the last few days I have had new tabs open randomly under my open tab. Can anyone tell me why this is happening and how to prevent it? Thank you. ...

Receiving UDP streaming through Windows Media Player
Hi All, I am using Windows Media Player Version 11.0.5721.5268 and VLC version 1.0.3 I am trying to stream video over UDP between two media players, the transmitter is VLC and the receiver is Windows Media Player. To roll out networking problem I have installed VLC and Windows Media Player on the same IP host and I use 127.0.0.1 or the IP address assigned to the computer from my DHCP server. Please send free to send your reply as well to ramig-at-comsysmobile-dot-com I manage to do so when the receiver is VLC as well -- so there is no networking or firewall issue. My...

Window placement problem: SW_HIDE, GetWindowPlacement, SetWindowPlacement etc.
Hi, In my OnInitDialog method I have some controls decide whether it's appropriate for them to be visible. If they decide against being visible, they'll call SetWindowPlacement for hiding and do some rearranging of other controls. To do all of this in a neatly manner, a control in progress of hiding wants to know the "hidden" state of other controls in the same dialog. One would expect GetWindowPlacement to be a nice source of this information. But the GetWindowPlacement / SetWindowPlacement combo seems very unreliable to me. I've narrowed it down to this: WI...

Homepage Quick Links for Fixed Assetss Windows
Similar to other GP windows, the fixed assets windows should be allowed to be added to a user's homepage as a Quick Link. -- Haiden Turner Winged Disc Technologies, LLC Dallas, Texas ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and then click "I Agree" in the message pane. http://www.microsoft.com/Business...

Outlook 2003 (Creating new email)
I have been creating new email for several months now using Outlook 2003. While I was creating some new rules for emails, I must have changed a setting. Now when I attempt to create a new email, it pulls up a template with wierd fonts, some of my typing doesn't show up on my screen as I am inputting, my signature I had created doesn't show up, and it has a different feel than the before? Any idea what I have done and what I should do to restore my previous settings? ...

ie 8 in windows XP crash
ie 8 loads PDF file then crashes, reloads file then crashes..... IE 8 is upto date Adobe reader 9.3 is up to date Any suggestions. "Tmeister" wrote: > ie 8 loads PDF file then crashes, reloads file then crashes..... > > IE 8 is upto date > Adobe reader 9.3 is up to date > > Any suggestions. Get rid of Adobe reader & get Foxit--faster, much smaller & less complicated. Been using it for 2 years with no problems, even when message is "must have Adobe...." TIC "Tmeister" wrote: > ie 8 loads PDF file...

adjusable columns in original dynamics windows
adjusable columns in original dynamics windows, that you can sort on and size properly. Is there a way to post a screenshot to show you what i'm on about ?? ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and then click "I Agree" in the message pane. http://www.microsoft.com/Businesssolutions/Community/NewsGr...

Outlook Task Window Flickering Rapidly
I am running Outlook 2007, but the same issue happened in Outlook 2003. When I go to the Task window and click the field labeled "Click Here to Add a New Task", the entire window begins to flicker rapidly as soon as I start typing. It still allows me to enter the task without any issue, but it is very annoying. The only way to make it stop is to select another open window and then go back to the Outlook window. Any ideas? I cannot find anything on this. Thanks. ...

new emails that are really a month old that reload every few minutes
Help. Every few minutes, I have to delete 28 "new" emails...this is a brand new problem that started yesterday. The same emails from October keep showing up as new very few minutes...I've had to delete hundreds of emails today. Why is this happening? Is there some reason you aren't deleting messages from the POP server after downloading them? Allison wrote: > Help. Every few minutes, I have to delete 28 "new" > emails...this is a brand new problem that started > yesterday. The same emails from October keep showing up > as new very few minutes....

Win7 backup error: Windows Backup skipped I:\ because it cannot be found on drive I:\
After expanding my O/S disk and thus deleting "Disk I" my windows 7 backup completes successfully but gives me the above error for the previously deleted Disk. More of an annoyance. I DID have a disk I on the first Backup file I did before the expansion and I have NOT tried to restore any files, etc yet. I am looking for a registry or ? change that can fix this and not necessarily a 'work-around.' My Computer, Device Manager, Win 7 Backup devices, etc do NOT show any "Disk I." available on the computer. All help is appreciated. Backup error: Window...

Installation of Publisher 2002 on my new computer
I recently upgraded to a new computer. I would like to install Publisher on this new computer, but it rejects my product key. Can I uninstall Publisher from my old computer and then install it on the new computer and if so, how? Uninstall the program on the first computer, use the phone number on the activation page and explain... -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "Barnie" <Barnie@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:2FDB7BAD-0416-4049-858C-78AF0780F7F0@microsoft.com... >I recently upg...

windows 7 search not working
Hi, I have a brand new laptop running Windows 7 Home Premium x64. Windows Search does not work - there is no drive activity and I get no results. I've seen the KB article 977380 about Win7 search not working and I have tried the hotfix, but with no luck. Search still does not work. The indexing service is running, AFAICT, and the drive properties are set to allow indexing. Anyone know the answer to this? (please don't say Google Search 8-) George On Thu, 19 Aug 2010 03:33:47 -0400, George Neuner <gneuner2@comcast.net> wrote: I was advised by email to tr...

Open new page
How can I make a link to open to a new page ? Create the link to the page and it will open it. -- Tom [Pepper] Willett Microsoft MVP - FrontPage Since 1997 --------------------------- "mousey" <mousey@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:E40BF7DB-CD40-48B0-AE8E-0744D36CFDF5@microsoft.com... : How can I make a link to open to a new page ? I wonder does the OP mean new page as in the recent discussion as to whether a page overwrites the current page (target=_self) or opens in a new window (target=_blank) -- Trevor Lawrence Canberra Web Sit...

import Windows Mail files to Outlook 2007
I just upgraded from Vista to Win 7, and since Win 7 doesn't support Mail, I need to import my old mail files to Outlook. Sounds simple enough, but I have a couple issues -- I have several user accounts on the computer, and for 2 of the accounts I had Windows Mail configured to point to the same folder locations (under the "Public" folders) so that we could share e-mail. So, the active mail account was not under either of our own user accounts; and we shared access. Now, when I try to import the files into Outlook (and I can't export from Mail, since it...

Copying WBS and Resource Names to New Project
I would like to copy just the WBS and Task Names from an existing project to a new project in Project 2003 Standard, nothing else. If I simply copy and paste the WBS and Task Names, I loose the connection between the WBS and Task Name such that all indentations in the Task list are lost, i.e. there is no longer any structure to the Task list such as summary and sub tasks. Paste special at least seems to maintain the WBS list, but the indenting in the Task list is still lost. How can this structure be preserved in the process of copying? Try inserting the Outline Level field a...

how do i save a new address typed on an envelop in word 2003
i want to save the address i type on an envelop under the envelop and labels under tools. Save it where? You could add the envelope to a document and save the document or You could use an envelope template - see the link at the end of http://www.gmayor.com/changing_envelope_layout.htm and create and save an envelope document including the address. or You could save the address in Outlook and insert the address from the addressbook function in the envelope/label dialog, which stores recent addresses. To do this Outlook must be your default e-mail application. -- <>...

Publisher 2003
Using in Publisher 2003 I made a single colopr form (Tools | Commercial Printing Tools | Color Printing | Single Color). I created some styles. For instance, a style with "50% tint of Spot color 1" and a different font size and italics. After a save and reopen, the styles are still there and intact except for the color. Everytime I open the form I have to set the colors for these styles. Who can help me to get rid of this problem? "Styles and Formatting" ...