a dialog button associated with an avi or

Hi,

I want to have a dialog box with an animation button that is to be
associated with an avi file.  Is it possible?  Is there any good choice
other than an avi file?  There are several possibilities: animate
control, custom control, and picture control.  Which one should I go by?
  Can someone kindly show me how to do it?  Thanks.

Tony
0
jdt_young (239)
6/30/2006 12:09:58 AM
vc.mfc 33608 articles. 0 followers. Follow

Do you mean you want the button to have an animation on it, or that you want pressing the
button to activate an animation?  If the latter, you have to create a control that
displays a .avi file (I've not done this so don't know the answer) and have the button
start the playing in its OnBnClicked handler.
					joe

On Thu, 29 Jun 2006 17:09:58 -0700, JD <jdt_young@yahoo.com> wrote:

>Hi,
>
>I want to have a dialog box with an animation button that is to be
>associated with an avi file.  Is it possible?  Is there any good choice
>other than an avi file?  There are several possibilities: animate
>control, custom control, and picture control.  Which one should I go by?
>  Can someone kindly show me how to do it?  Thanks.
>
>Tony
Joseph M. Newcomer [MVP]
email: newcomer@flounder.com
Web: http://www.flounder.com
newcomer (15972)
6/30/2006 8:30:39 AM
Take a look at CAnimationCtrl.

http://www.microsoft.com/msj/1098/vc6/vc6.aspx

Tom

"JD" <jdt_young@yahoo.com> wrote in message
> Hi,
>
> I want to have a dialog box with an animation button that is to be
> associated with an avi file.  Is it possible?  Is there any good choice
> other than an avi file?  There are several possibilities: animate control,
> custom control, and picture control.  Which one should I go by? Can
> someone kindly show me how to do it?  Thanks.
>
> Tony

0
tserface (3860)
6/30/2006 2:48:42 PM
Hello Joseph,

Actually I meant the former one, i.e. the btton wiht an animation on it.
  That is why I was looking at animate control, custom control, and
picture control.  Do you have such experience?  Besides, is the avi the
only choice?  Your further help is much appreciated.

Tony

Joseph M. Newcomer wrote:

> Do you mean you want the button to have an animation on it, or that you want pressing the
> button to activate an animation?  If the latter, you have to create a control that
> displays a .avi file (I've not done this so don't know the answer) and have the button
> start the playing in its OnBnClicked handler.
> 					joe
>
> On Thu, 29 Jun 2006 17:09:58 -0700, JD <jdt_young@yahoo.com> wrote:
>

>>Hi,
>>
>>I want to have a dialog box with an animation button that is to be
>>associated with an avi file.  Is it possible?  Is there any good choice
>>other than an avi file?  There are several possibilities: animate
>>control, custom control, and picture control.  Which one should I go by?
>> Can someone kindly show me how to do it?  Thanks.
>>
>>Tony
>
> Joseph M. Newcomer [MVP]
> email: newcomer@flounder.com
> Web: http://www.flounder.com
jdt_young (239)
6/30/2006 6:54:18 PM
Is this what you're looking for?

http://www.codeproject.com/buttonctrl/anibuttons.asp

> Hello Joseph,
>
> Actually I meant the former one, i.e. the btton wiht an animation on it.
> That is why I was looking at animate control, custom control, and picture
> control.  Do you have such experience?  Besides, is the avi the only
> choice?  Your further help is much appreciated.
>
> Tony
>

> Joseph M. Newcomer wrote:
>
>> Do you mean you want the button to have an animation on it, or that you
>> want pressing the
>> button to activate an animation?  If the latter, you have to create a
>> control that
>> displays a .avi file (I've not done this so don't know the answer) and
>> have the button
>> start the playing in its OnBnClicked handler.
>> joe
>>
>> On Thu, 29 Jun 2006 17:09:58 -0700, JD <jdt_young@yahoo.com> wrote:
>>

>>>Hi,
>>>
>>>I want to have a dialog box with an animation button that is to be
>>>associated with an avi file.  Is it possible?  Is there any good choice
>>>other than an avi file?  There are several possibilities: animate
>>>control, custom control, and picture control.  Which one should I go by?
>>>Can someone kindly show me how to do it?  Thanks.
>>>
>>>Tony
>>
>> Joseph M. Newcomer [MVP]
>> email: newcomer@flounder.com
>> Web: http://www.flounder.com

tserface (3860)
6/30/2006 11:07:56 PM
Depends on what kind of animation you want.  For example, a GIF animation is probably
straightforward; I've done nothing with animation like this so I'm not familiar with
animation controls.  What I have done in the past, where the animations were very simple,
was to simply have an OnTimer handler and step through an array of icons, doing a SetIcon
sequentially through the sequence of animations, which was usually around 4 or 8 rather
trivial images, so I avoided anything really complex.
					joe

On Fri, 30 Jun 2006 11:54:18 -0700, JD <jdt_young@yahoo.com> wrote:

>Hello Joseph,
>
>Actually I meant the former one, i.e. the btton wiht an animation on it.
>  That is why I was looking at animate control, custom control, and
>picture control.  Do you have such experience?  Besides, is the avi the
>only choice?  Your further help is much appreciated.
>
>Tony
>

>Joseph M. Newcomer wrote:
>
>> Do you mean you want the button to have an animation on it, or that you want pressing the
>> button to activate an animation?  If the latter, you have to create a control that
>> displays a .avi file (I've not done this so don't know the answer) and have the button
>> start the playing in its OnBnClicked handler.
>> 					joe
>>
>> On Thu, 29 Jun 2006 17:09:58 -0700, JD <jdt_young@yahoo.com> wrote:
>>

>>>Hi,
>>>
>>>I want to have a dialog box with an animation button that is to be
>>>associated with an avi file.  Is it possible?  Is there any good choice
>>>other than an avi file?  There are several possibilities: animate
>>>control, custom control, and picture control.  Which one should I go by?
>>> Can someone kindly show me how to do it?  Thanks.
>>>
>>>Tony
>>
>> Joseph M. Newcomer [MVP]
>> email: newcomer@flounder.com
>> Web: http://www.flounder.com
Joseph M. Newcomer [MVP]
email: newcomer@flounder.com
Web: http://www.flounder.com
newcomer (15972)

Dialogs
Hi Is there any arguments to I can add to the statement below for the dialogue's "Look in:" to default to a specific folder? Application.Dialogs(xlDialogOpen).Show Thanks. >-----Original Message----- >Hi > >Is there any arguments to I can add to the statement >below for the dialogue's "Look in:" to default to a >specific folder? > >Application.Dialogs(xlDialogOpen).Show > > >Thanks. >. > You can try FileFilter = FileFilter + "Look in: name of directory,," ...

Advanced Find
Here is what i am doing. ' Right click on a mail folder, click "Advanced Find", enter some search words that you know will return results, click the "Find Now" button. It will produce some results. click the "Find Now" button" again. and there are no results. (empties previous results). I am using outlook 2000. Why is that? ...

Limiting a Button to a single workbook
I have created a macro in a workbook and assigned it to a custom button that appears on my Macros toolbar. This works great for what I want to do but I only need the macro/button to show up in this one workbook. Now, whenever I create a new workbook, the custom button shows. Is there any way I can limit it to just the workbook I specify? Thanks! When you save your macro there is a box to tell it to save in your personal workbook or save it in this workbook only. Select this workbook only and then delete it out of your personal workbook >-----Original Message----- >I have cr...

How to Move Two Dialogs at Once
Hello, One of my work's project specifications is to allow users to move two Dialog boxes together so when a user moves one box, the other one moves together with the first. This is what I am trying to do: 1) Create OnMove() event //Import a function to create a Second Dialog extern "C" __declspec(dllimport) long CallDlg(); //Import a function to move a Second Dialog extern "C" __declspec(dllimport) long CallDlg2(int x, int y); void CSvg::OnMove(int x, int y) { //Detect if a user selected two-dialogs move option if (m_attach) { ...

Links in Outlook 2003 open Save As... dialog box
I'm not sure exactly when this started happening. Whenever I click a link in Outlook 2003 now, it opens the Save As... dialog box as well as the Website connected to the link. It doesn't matter what type of link it is; the dialog always shows up with the .exe file type selected. Any ideas? Does it oen the Save As dialog or does it open the Locate Link Browser dialog? In case of the last direct it to iexplore.exe -- Robert Sparnaaij [MVP-Outlook] www.howto-outlook.com Tips of the month: -Backup and Restore -Create an Office XP CD slipstreamed with Service Pack 3 ----- "S...

command button 11-24-07
is it possible to change the backcolours of the command button? Evelyn, Check out Stephen Lebans Button Color utility. http://www.lebans.com/cmdbutton.htm -- hth Al Campagna Microsoft Access MVP http://home.comcast.net/~cccsolutions/index.html "Find a job that you love... and you'll never work a day in your life." "Evelyn Lang" <evelin@lang.de> wrote in message news:wtW1j.182632$U01.1228247@twister1.libero.it... > is it possible to change the backcolours of the command button? > ...

Dialog form Linked To Report
I have created a dialog form, on this form I select the company name from the dropdown list. when a company name is selected, then the report should be generated. presently I have a button on the form when i click on it the macro is set to propt the dialog where i have to type the name of the company, if the company name is wrong the report opens with no values, if the company name is right then I get the report. whereas what i want is insted of button I should have the List Box with company names. Which I have created. But am stuck linking this form with the report Name &q...

associated view columns limited to one entity
CRM4 has a great feature where you can add columns from related entities to a view. Not sure why the associated view was left behind (it is still limited to fields only from the entity the view is for), but it is a disappointment that it does not have this as it is one of the most widely used views. Not sure if there is a significant techincal challange behind this limitation, hopefully this can be addressed in one of the patches or with a workaround. If someone is aware of a way to get to this view configuration it would be much appreciated to hear about it. Thanks, Sergei -------...

Create a button to edit and save new record
Hi there I would like to create a button for a form that would allow me to edit a record, make changes, and save it as a new record. I don't want to save a record and have it overwrite earlier information. How will I create this button? Thank you in advance The best way would be to copy the existing record into a new record and then edit the copy. I wonder why you need to do this. It indicates to me that you ***might*** have design problems in your table structure if you need to duplicate most (or many) of the fields in one record in the next record. Here is an ...

Create a button with a macro vba
I'm trying to create a button with a macro vba. I have a button that show a form in a sheet, when the user fill the form and click submit the macro receives data from AS400 and create some sheets, one every agent. I'd like to have a button in every sheet for call the inizial form! Have somebody a sample or a link where I can see? Thanks ...

Dialog on Dialog?
Hello, Following up from a request several days ago regarding frames, I would like to ask for a little assistance on actually implimenting it! I have creating my 2 dialog templates, both have a class associated with them already. I have added an object of the kind i wish to make child of the main dialog, but I can not figure out how to go from here with rgeards to actually creating it. Could someone give me some indication pleasE? - MR MR, You will now want to investigate creating modeless dialogs. CDialog::Create is the call you use for this. Add a member variable of one of the s...

Toolbox Button Grayed
I have a existing access 2003 database that I wanted to add another button but when I go into design mode my toolbar disappears and I only see the grayed out "toolbox" icon. I ran detect and repair with no results. I created an new form and the "toolbox" is available. There seems to be a setting within my existing form that is preventing the "toolbox" command from showing. What do I need to do to turn this back on? Is this a .mde database? If so you can't modify forms or reports. Microsoft wrote: >I have a existing access 2003 database that I wanted ...

Command Button VBA code
Can anyone help? I have a xls file OfficeXP. I have command buttons on it with vba code behind the buttons. In one file that I have when I use the copy sheet function it copies the button and the code behind the button to a new sheet in the same file. In the other file when a sheet is copied the button is copied but it does not have any coding behind it. Why would these behave differently? I want the code copied with the sheet and button. Thanks for any help.. It sounds like you have different buttons on the sheets. There's a commandbutton on the control toolbox toolbar tha...

Modal dialog box question
Hi, I've created a dialog called InfoWindow. Previously I had called it like so: c_InfoWindow = new InfoWindow(); c_InfoWindow->Create(InfoWindow::IDD, this); c_InfoWindow->SetWindowPos(NULL, r, t, w, h, SWP_NOZORDER); c_InfoWindow->ShowWindow(SW_SHOW); Now I want to create it as a Modal dialog, but I can't work out how to set it's size / position at runtime. InfoWindow IW(); // somehow set properties here (SetWindowPos gives runtime error) IW.DoModal(); Hi, Could you try to pass some variables to InfoWindow before calling its DoModal()? For example: MyDlg dlg; ...

How to associate exchange 5.5 mailbox with a 2003 account?
We are in the process of moving to windows 2003 network. At the same time, we want to continue to use NT4 network until it phases out. Right now, everyone is using NT4 netwok with Exchange5.5 as email server. IT has its onw DNS/WINS running. Windows 2003 domain is up and running, with its own DNS. and 10+ child domains. Two-way trust between NT4 and 2003 root domain is established My question is: How can I associate exchange5.5 mailbox with 2003 accounts, particularly the users from child domains? Do I need to setup trust between NT and each of child domains? Thanks for the help. Ric...

How to show icon for a dialog.
Hi, I am adding a simple dialog to my aplication. This dialog is not having any customized code..I want to add my custom icon for that dialog. i mean whenever the dialog is shown it should display 16 X 16 icon in the titlebar.. so, how to do that ? Jigar In OnInitDialog method of your dialog box class load the icon using ::LoadIcon(..) and the call the dialog box's SetIcon(..) method. AliR. "Jigar Mehta" <jigar.programmer@gmail.com> wrote in message news:1141156992.695173.29930@v46g2000cwv.googlegroups.com... > Hi, > > I am adding a simple dialog to my aplic...

What's the function of the button named "Check Presentation" in Sm
Hi guys, Steps: 1 Open Powerpoint 2007 2 Click office button on top left corner 3 Click Powerpoint options 4 Click Proofing 5 Click AutoCorrect Options 6 Switch to Smart Tags tab Then you can see "Check Presentation" button Could you tell me what's the usage of this button? Here I fall across a case about it. When I install some new smart tags recognizers, I open a document and can find smart tags shown in my computer immediately. But in another person's computer, I cannot find smart tags immediately. I need to click the "Check Presentation" button...

Dynamic creation of owner-drawn button inside a dialog
Hi some months ago I created a owner-drawn button class that works really fine when assigning this class to a resource id via a DDX member variable. But now we want to reuse this class for dynamic creation of a button control inside the OnInitDialog member funtion of a dialog. Creating the control like that MyButton.CreateNULL,NULL,WS_CHILD|WS_VISIBLE|BS_PUSHBUTTON|BS_OWNERDRAW,CRec t(0,0,100,100),this,2); seems to be OK. But the button never appeared inside the dialog. DrawItem of the button class is never called. So what may be missing? Thanks in advance Bernd How have you declared My...

Outlook '02 Network Password Dialog box
Help! I have recently added 1 additional email account to my outlook. Now everytime the email checks for messages I get a dialog box with "Enter Network Password". It comes up in the middle of the screen no matter what I am doing. I have clicked on "Save this password in your password list" box but it continues to come up everytime. Is there a way to get rid of this box? Thank you. Kris ...

Common dialog not registered
When trying to load the common dialog tool I get the message 'not registered' why is this and how do I register? Hi, As the message says that control isn't licensed for use in Excel except 'as I understand' in the Developer edition. I believe this performs a similar function fname = Application.GetOpenfileName(.... Mike "Cash" wrote: > When trying to load the common dialog tool I get the message 'not registered' > why is this and how do I register? ...

how to pass a value to a modeless dialog?
hi all.. i have created a modeless dialog i had no compiler errors. i want it to take a global value (buffer) from the parent dialog and do some processing to it. i tried putting the processing code i need immediately after i create & show the modeless dialog.but it didn`t work.i also tried to override the constructor for modeless dialog & make it take a pointer to the parent dialog as a parameter& reach the buffer i want but it didn`t work also.what`s the problem?? There are a couple of things you can do. First let me ask you. if the data is global why do you have to pass anyth...

Microsoft Excel Close Window button.
Afternoon, We are running MS Excel XP with service pack 2 installed. Recently a user asked me to investigate a problem where intermittently, the close window icon in the right hand corner of the worksheet would not function. The button would act as if it had been pressed & was available but it would not actually close the sheet down. Has anyone else come across this behaviour ? I cant find any trace of the problem in any newsgroups or in the KB anywhere :-( Regards, Andrew. This was written for xl2k and doesn't sound like it's intermittent and doesn't sound like th...

MFC Dialog app "Including" another MFC Dialog app problems.
WIN XP, VC6 I'm trying to use a CDialog based app from another CDialog based app and can't get around the following error: bla,bla\..\WagCom\DlgThreadmill.h(27) : error C2065: 'IDD_THREADMILL' : undeclared identifier IDD_THREADMILL is obviosly resource in the "Included" app. I don't know how to make that resource visible to the calling app. I have the Include statement in the calling object : #include "..\WagCom\DlgThreadmill.h" and I know that the path is correct.. Any help appreciated. Thanks Is the ID in the using applications resource.h...

modeless dialog boxes #2
I have a VS 6.0 MFC dialog-based application. The main dialog has an edit box for displaying messages as things happen. A button on the main dialog starts a modeless dialog. The modeless dialog has a 'DoIt' button which executes a long process, updating the main dialog edit box. I'm finding that the main dialog and modeless dialog are unresponsive as long as I'm in the 'OnDoIt' routine. I had thought that a modeless dialog box would essentially run 'independent' of the main dialog but that doesn't seem to be the case. What have I misunderstood? ...

Access a button from another form
Hello, I created the View and Edit two forms. The first form displays all records from a table and second form is for editing the record which includes Add, Save and Delete buttons on it. User could view the record from view form, if the record does not exit, he will add this record through the Edit form. I would like to have a button on the View form, called New, when the user clicks on New button, it will open the Edit form and access the Add button, (provide the same function as the user clicking on the Add button on the Edit form). How could I write code for New button? Thanks! I&...