7zip and SQL Server 2000

Hi,

Though this post is not well suited for this forum, I ask because I
have come to love this forum and the help that is offered here-very
cool :o)

I have used 7-zip utility for backing up purposes in Windows Server
2003.  I used 7-zip to archieve system folders and files and I can
restore it by unzipping the zipped image in the event of system
corruption.  Everything worked well except when I encountered SQL
Server 2000.  When I restore folders and files, the SQL service fails
to start because it is unable to find the path to the service
executable.

A KB article (http://support.microsoft.com/kb/240240/),titled
"Programs Do Not Work After Restoring Computer with Backup", says to
reinstall the software that fails to start.  This is by design
according to the article.  This is painful.  So instead of
reinstalling SQL software, a simple registery entry modification fixed
the issue.

Key: HKLM\SYSTEM\CONTROLSET001\SERVICES\MSSQLSERVER

Original Data: C:\PROGRA~1\MICROS~1\MSSQL\binn\sqlservr.exe
Modified Data: C:\program files\Microsoft SQL Server\MSSQL\Binn
\sqlservr.exe

>From my understanding, Windows should be able to work equally well
with long file names/paths and 8.3 legacy file names.  What is
possibily causing this issue?  From Windows perspective, "PROGRA~1"
should be same as "program files". Windows reports after restoring
archieve,

Failure: StartService - 3

Again, after modifying the registery entry as indicated above fixes
the issue.  Need some pointers in understanding this because
restoration of zipped images maybe effecting other areas as well which
I have not discovered.  Need help.  Thanks

vc.mfc 33608 articles. 0 followers. Follow

How to decomission an Exchange 2003 server
Hi I have three Exchange 2003 servers, Mail1, Mail2 and Mail3. They are all in the same local AD domain, on the same LAN. Mail 2 and Mail3 are new additions and I am currently in the process of migrating all mailboxes off MAIL1 onto these new servers, with the view to decomissioning MAIL1 I have moved our only connector, the SMTP connector to one of the new servers. My question is, what other steps do I have to take before decomissioning this server, eg do I need to do anything with public folders etc. Secondly is there an article I can read on how I decomission this Exchange 2003 ser...

SQL Error Help
I have the following SQL: strSQL = "INSERT INTO taDEFENDANTS(TrusteeDefendantID)" & _ "VALUES(lngTrusteeDefendantID)" & _ "WHERE DefendantID=" & lngDefendantID & ";" The Problem: I get the following error: Run-time error 3137: Missing semicolon (;) at end of SQL statement What am I missing that prevents the code from seeing the semicolon that is there? Sorry if this is double posted. My system crashed right after I clicked post and never saw the first posted. What you are missing is ...

CRM server rejoined to domain, now can't access database
I'm running CRM 3.0 on Windows Server 2003 Enterprise R2 with SQL 2005 Enterprise. I turned on an old test server that had the same name as the crm server. When I renamed the test server, it removed the computer account for the crm server from AD. I rejoined the server to the domain, but the database in inaccessible. I reinstalled CRM, but it will not connect to the database. I tried every combination of restore, import, export, and copying I can think of. HELLLLPPPPPPP!!!!!!!!! Have you tried using the redeployment tool on the database? Uninstall CRM 3.0, then run the redeploymen...

decreasing performance when SQL in mixed mode
The installation guide of MS says that you should use as authentication method Windows Only or Mixed Mode for SQL server. Only Windows only would be safer. Because of different reasons (a mailmerge Add_on and the server is hosted at an ASP), we would like to set the authentication mode of the SQL server to Mixed Mode. The performance of the CRM server is going down dramatically when you do that. Anyone any idea how to solve this problem? We have MS Crm 1.2, Small Business Server 2003, A dual Xeon with 2 Megabytes of Ram and I think 100 accounts in the database. ...

How to specify the url for a server on local network for POST meth
Hi, I am using MSXML in my device driver for sending XML commands to the device acting as server. This device is connected to my local network. How do I specify the url for POST method in the open request. Presently I am using something like following: pIXMLHTTPRequest->open("POST", "http://10.116.26.155", false); where '10.116.26.155' is the IP of the device on the local network. Is this the write way of doing it? If not, how do I achieve the purpose? Your guidance on this would be gratefully acknowledged ASWip wrote: > I am using MSXML in my devi...

Outlook 2000 #140
I had trouble with my hyperlink when I initiated it a darue page would impose itself over the intended link. After I fished around I got it to stop. The problem now is when I click on a hyperlink in a new incomimg email the hyperlink nolonger functions. Does anyone out there know how I can re enable this function? ...

Document Library
We have a document library but the trouble is that many documents (MS Word) start life outside of the library. These documents have a document property called "DocRef" (in Custom tab) which is referred to as a display field in the document's footer. When the document is uploaded into the library it allowing the pre-population of the server property of the same name. Good so far! Problem: From thereon any change to the "DocRef" field via the library doesn't manifest itself in a change to the document's footer because the footer is referring to a docume...

Office Smart Tag Manager for GP 10 installation
I am trying to install Office Smart Tag Manager in GP 10 server, but there is no Server Installation option, only Client Installation Option. I checked my GP 10 server, it meets the system requirement for Office Smart Tag Manager installation requirement: member of AD domain/GP10/SQL 2005/MDAC2.8/Loacl Admin user Not sure why there is no Serve installation option for me. Please help. Thanks, Kevin ...

SQL IN
Hi all, Using ASP.NET, SQL SVR Express 2008 I want to use IN to select records that have one of a list of values like this: SELECT * FROM MyTable WHERE MyField IN ("Value1","Value2","Value3") MyField is a nvarchar(MAX) My query has a palceholder for the parameter, so it looks like this: SELECT * FROM MyTable WHERE MyField IN (@MyList) I create my command object ans set the parameter: myCommand.Parameters.AddWithValue("MyList", myList) where myList = "Value1,Value2,Value3" I get no values returned even though ther...

Route specific mails whose mailbox is not local, to another server
We set up an Exchange 2003 Ent. responsible for delivery on the mail domain "company.com". However, we would like our Exchange to route mails addressed to three specific addresses (i.e. user1@company.com user2@company.com and user3@company.com) to another internal mail server (not an Exchange one, this time). Do you have an idea on how we could do that? TIA, NeXTstep Dear TIA, It looks like a shared SMTP address scenario. check out the link below. http://support.microsoft.com/kb/321721/ Regards, Kashif "NeXTstep" wrote: > We set up an Exchange 2003 Ent. ...

SQL Server 2005 memory manager procedure cache behavior?
Can some one give me some insight on the SQL Server 2005 memory manager procedure cache behavior if the SQL statements are issued from Visual Studio vs having club all the SQL Statements as an SP. Do SP plans are kept longer in the procedure cathe than individual SQL ones. Is there a priority of one vs other? Please point me to any articles related to this. I have found one article but it is for SQLServer7.0 http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/aa226174(SQL.70).aspx It's not so much which stays in the cache longer as it's about the same principle as outlined in the white...

How to Enable the Change Password Option in Exchange 2000 OWA
As to the subject can plkease anyone help with this. the subject once again is How to Enable the Change Password Option in Exchange 2000 OWA . I do not have a cluster formatiion. my wwebaccess is on the same machine on which my exchange server is. Ibrahim Najmi. Here: How to Change OWA Passwords Through IIS http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en- us;267596 can plkease anyone help with this. > >the subject once again is How to Enable the Change Password Option in >Exchange 2000 OWA . > >I do not have a cluster formatiion. my wwebaccess is on the same machi...

CRM Standard and SQL
I am about to install CRM Standard and was wondering if we needed to install SQL for the standard edition? Thanks in Advance Len Campbell Yes. You will need SQL regardless of your CRM version. >-----Original Message----- >I am about to install CRM Standard and was wondering if we >needed to install SQL for the standard edition? > >Thanks in Advance >Len Campbell >. > Thanks for the quick response Chris >-----Original Message----- >Yes. You will need SQL regardless of your CRM version. > >>-----Original Message----- >>I am about to install CR...

POP3/IMAP servers via a proxy
I am using Yahoo Biz Mail for my email needs. I work at a client site where access to internet is enabled via a proxy. I am having trouble configuring Outlook to access the Yahoo servers because of the proxy. Outlook does not seem to have an option that allow to say go through a certain proxy. I read somewhere that Outlook uses the proxy config set in COntrol Panel->Internet Options. I tried that, but it does not work. My Internet access etc are working fine. I am also able to ftp to sites via the proxy. Only Outlook is troubling me. thanks for any help.. ...

I want to Know is there is a map of all the tables of sql and what they do.
I need a flow chart or a map of all the tables in dynamics and what each table do. There is Something like that??? You can install the SDK for whatever version you're interested in, and there should be database diagrams in that. Clint "Pedro Ramos" <prramos@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:ud4o0$EpGHA.4932@TK2MSFTNGP05.phx.gbl... >I need a flow chart or a map of all the tables in dynamics and what each >table do. There is Something like that??? > ...

Entourage doesn't even try connect to Exchange server
Hi! My colleague has trouble with Entourage 2008 (12.2.3). Since a week back he cannot connect to Exchange anymore. Usually when we start up Entourage and it connects to the Exchange server it warns that there's no root certificate installed and in that dialog we press �OK� and get connected anyway. Now this has stopped working and we've done all I know of ��reinstalled Office 2008 and re-applied the updates, removed all preferences for Entourage and Office, removed the �Microsoft User Data� folder and tried setting things up from scratch. No go. But. It works just f...

Pervasive SQL to Microsoft SQL
I am currently running Great Plains Dynamics v7 on a Novell Server running Pervasive SQL. I want to upgrade to a Windows 2003 server running Microsoft SQL. I will still use Great Plains Dynamcis v7 for now until our third party add-on will be able to use Great Plains v8. Can anyone let me know where I can get some documentation about what I will need to do to perform this upgrade? Any help would be appreciated. Repost to the microsoft.public.greatplains newsgroup. Matt Parks ---------------------------------------- ---------------------------------------- On Wed, 21 Apr 2004 10:52:32...

Could not change mail address after windows server 2003 sp1 #2
Exchange Server 20003 SP1 on Server 2003 Enterprise After upgrade to Win Server 2003 SP1 only users who are members of Local Administrators Group (in Exchange 2003 server) can change an email address. They can create new mail enabled users (with default addresses) The error message is An Exchange Server could not be found in the domain Check if the Microsoft System Attendant service is running on the Exchange Server ID no: c10308a2 Microsoft Active Directory - Exchange Extension "tmos" wrote: > Exchange Server 20003 SP1 on Server 2003 Enterprise > After upgrade t...

WinMerge and 7Zip
Hi, I got both WinMerge and 7-Zip a while ago (independently). I just now tried to use WinMerge and it reported that I needed a DLL for 7-Zip: 7-Zip version installed: 4.65; DLL missing: Merge7z465U.dll 7-Zip version recommend: 4.57; DLL missing: Merge7z457U.dll I Googled the 'Net and couldn't find either DLL. Any idea how I can find either of them, preferably the one needed for my installed version of 7-Zip. Thanks in Advance, Richard On Jun 6, 10:08=A0am, RichardOnRails <RichardDummyMailbox58...@USComputerGurus.com> wrote: > Hi, > > I ...

How to filter out messages sent using a certain SMTP server?
Hello How to delete messages sent using a certain SMTP server? Or how to add the SMTP server to the junk senders list? Or How to prevent their getting to my e-mail box? Or how to filter out messages sent using a certain SMTP server? You could try creating a rule that looks for specific words in the header. -- Neo [MVP Outlook] Due to the Swen virus, all e-mails sent to this account will be deleted w/out reading. "Dmitriy Kopnichev" <kopn@hotbox.ru> wrote in message news:%23oK4aQivDHA.2444@TK2MSFTNGP12.phx.gbl... > Hello > How to delete messages sent using a certain ...

SQL Replication of an MS Dynamics GP database
Does anyone have any updated thoughts on SQL replication for a GP database? I know years ago it was not possible due to the indentity fields used in the GP database tables. We want actual replication as opposed to just copying the entire database. If replication is not possible how about log shipping? We want to have a second copy of the Dynamics and company database in the event the main server goes down. Maybe now with SQL Server 2005 or 2008 there are features that are available that were not available using SQL Server 2000. The identity fields are still there and that is how...

(?) Unable to contact the outgoing mail server (?)
Suddenly Outlook doesn't work. Upon Send/Receive I get: "Unable to contact the outgoing mail server (SMPT)..." It's NOT my provider. I can connect via the Web to my email and get it fine. Plus I have TWO providers. Both are set up as accounts in Outlook and both give the above error. I've already backed up my pst and stuff in case Outlook totally pukes on me, but any ideas how to fix this? Thanks, Tim Solved. I uninstalled ZoneAlarm. Even though I had ZA disabled and not started (even through MSConfig), it took absolute uninstalling it and a reboot to get th...

Please help with Exchange POP3 Server.
Dear all, I have a problem with mail exchage. I have an user account who have two mail boxs. one mail box is using exchange and another one is using POP3. The problem is the mailbox that using POP3 can not delivery mail to outside but can only delivery in the local. And it used to work normally before. I don't know what is wrong. So, anyone could you please help me with this? I look forward to hearing from you. Thanks in advance, Susan What version of Exchange and Outlook? -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Author, Teach Yourself Outlook 2003 in 24 Hours Need Help with Common Ta...

sql server error #2
My company is trying to impliment some customized reports via the Report Builder located in the Report Manager. However everytime a user tries to access the Report Manager url it gives the following error...has anyone else seen this? Server Error in '/ReportMgr' Application -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Configuration Error Description: An error occurred during the processing of a configuration file required to service this request. Please review the specific error details below and modify your configuration file appropriately. ...

Storing images in Sql database
Hi, I currently have a web server with a illustrations folder containing some 100,000 images of all types (gif/jpeg...). The folder is presenting a great management problem since it is really hard to load the entire content of that folder remotely, and it may take minutes to open that folder up. However, we've already installed a ASP.Net Handler in that folder to generate thumbnails, which enables us change the storage option if we wanted. So, the question is, would it be optimal to place all those images in a Sql 2005 Database and retrieve them using an Asp.Net Web handler when ...