.DEF FIle Problem

i have many functions with the same name but different
parameters in my extension dll. how can i specify those
functions in a .DEF File, i mean how to differentiate.

thanks for the help

0
anonymous (74721)
12/10/2003 4:31:56 AM
vc.mfc 33608 articles. 0 followers. Follow

> i have many functions with the same name but different
> parameters in my extension dll. how can i specify those
> functions in a .DEF File, i mean how to differentiate.
>
> thanks for the help

I am not sure why you need this DEF file as you know the reasons already.
The only guess I can make about what you're trying to do is creating LIB
file from DLL so that it could be statically linked to your "client"
project.

If that's what you want, you may want to check out this tech note in msdn:
Q131313.

Also, the following 2 reading may help you in writing DEF file.

http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/default.asp?url=/library/en-us/vccore98/HT
ML/_core_exports.asp

http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/default.asp?url=/library/en-us/vccore98/HT
ML/_core_exports.asp

The funtion names in DEF's EXPORTS section can be consisted of

FUNCTION@Encoded_Parameter_name

If I remember correctly, you can create alias for them.

All this adding up should make it flexible enough to solve your prolem.

0
deming.he (4)

Copying from a PDF file gives a blurred image
Copying a sharp image in Adobe to Publisher 2003 results in a blurred image (before re-sizing) - Any ideas please? ...

Credit Card Update problems
I have had a problem with M 2004 reconciling transactions automatically when updating my credit card account after using the update feature. I have gone into Tools/Options/Online Services and checked to be sure the "Automatically mark accepted transactions as reconciled" box is unchecked. Prior to this, I updated the account, found all my transactions reconciled, and manually cleared the "C" column to un-reconciled on the transactions which should not have been marked as reconciled. After which, I deleted one transaction, (as a test), to see if the credit card will updat...

Move files and prompt user if overwriting existing file
I have the following code which is using the copy and kill command to move files from one folder to another. It worked pretty good for private use, but now I need it in the office and I would need to prompt the user in case the file already exists. My code so far: Private Sub Command9_Click() Dim strNewName As String Dim strOldName As String Dim strtargetfilepath As String 'defines where to look for the target filepath' strtargetfilepath = DLookup("[Draft to Active]", "filepath") 'takes the name and path of the file of a continuous form' strOldName...

Outlook 2003 problems 04-27-10
1. Calendar reminders Cancelled 6 months ago are showing up marked 26 & 27 weeks overdue. 2. When I open Outlook 2003 the last new email received has a delete line through it. ...

Problem installing laptop client (MSDE)
I cant get past the MSDE upgrade for the laptop client. I have tried everything. I found several KB's that gave suggestions for similar problems, but nothing has worked. The laptop client gets to the point where it says I need to upgrade my MSDE. I tell it to proceed and after about 30 seconds it comes back to the same screen with the message "user cancelled". If anyone is able to help I'd be extremely happy to send you a full copy of the CRMSetupLog and the MSDESP4.Log. I am completely lost and I really need to avoid wiping the system and reinstalling from scrat...

Unable to open file
I have received an error file stating it is unable to open file from different version. I have tried to save as a previous version but no luck there either. anyone have any ideas or is my only option upgrading the software? I'm having the same problem. I have 2000 6.0 and the documents were created in 2000 not sure of the version created in as it won't display when you look at properties. What is the fix? >-----Original Message----- >Susan, > >1. Which version of Publisher are you using? >2. Which verison of Publisher file type are you trying to >open? ...

File paths relative to database file
I'm using Access 2007 on Vista. I am about to start sharing my database with others in my company so I'm trying to get it polished up a bit. My database is split into two parts (application and data). I have created an installation file that stores the application side of the database in the Application Data folder of the user. Since that exact path will vary from one user to another, how can I get the path to certain files. For example, I may want to use VBA to call up c:\users\Todd\AppData\Roaming\MyDatabase\WordFile.docx. If someone else installs my database, their fil...

program files
Hello, In my 'program files' folder I see subfolders with names I don't recognise, do not appear under 'control panel - uninstall a program', nor on the start button 'all programs' option. Is it safe to delete them ? Thanks KK Probably not. -- .. -- "KRK" <trebor@yeleek.nospam.freeserve.co.uk> wrote in message news:OUhZcOKBLHA.4308@TK2MSFTNGP04.phx.gbl... > Hello, > > In my 'program files' folder I see subfolders with names I don't > recognise, do not appear under 'control panel - uninstal...

Query Def not recognized
Query Def not recognized Hello, Using Access =9203=85 I=92ve created a qdf in VBA and I=92d like to use it as part of another query=85 My problem, is that the qdf is not being recognized; i.e., when the query runs, I get a parameter box asking for a value? Here=92s some of my code: =91=92=92=92=92=92=92=92=92=92=92=92=92=92=92=92 Set dbs =3D CurrentDb Dim strQDFname As String strQDFname =3D "myQryDef" 'query def name With dbs Set qdf =3D .CreateQueryDef(strQDFname, strQDFsql) qdf.Close End With Set qdf =3D Nothing =...

Performance
I'm using Win98 and MSmoney 2003. In order to achieve a little better performance I archived the MS file. Performance did improve a little. However, the file was 24,660KB before the archive and after the archive it is still over 20,000KB. And I archived up to the present date. The File did not get much smaller! My question: what makes the file so big? I assume that the size is proportional to the number of accounts and length of the account name. But there must be something else as there is no transactions data in the File! Comments appreciated. It probably hasn't auto-compa...

How do I save a read only file or folder?
An IT expert converted all of my Macintosh Clarisworks files to Excel/Word and burned them on a CD. I transfered the folders/files to my new IBM PC hard drive and then opened them. I made some changes to a file but I am unable to save them. I keep getting a "read only" message. I have checked Excel help and followed the directions, but I get the same "read only" answer. How can I open these files, change them, and then save the new files? Thanks. Dick, If you open the folder, and right-click any of them, you'll see the "Read only" attribute checked. U...

Excel 2010 beta problem
Hi, First I used Sheet1 and writed down some numbers etc. Then I used same document's Sheet2 and everything I writed in Sheet2 was overwritten in Sheet1. Question was: has anyone solved this? Hi, Sounds like the sheets were grouped when you entered values in Sheet2. Can you duplicate this with any other/all workbooks? Cheers Andy Masa wrote: > Hi, > > First I used Sheet1 and writed down some numbers etc. > Then I used same document's Sheet2 and everything I writed in Sheet2 was > overwritten in Sheet1. > > -- Andy Pope, ...

Problems unzipping folders with photos
Help! I'm receivingattachments in my Outlook email program with our new grandbaby pictures, but the folders are zipped. I tried extracting also. When I double click on the folders to open them, there is nothing inside. Can someone help me. southern belle <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > Help! I'm receivingattachments in my Outlook email program with our > new grandbaby pictures, but the folders are zipped. I tried > extracting also. What happened when you saved the Zip file to a folder and then tried to open it? What version of Windows are you using? ...

How to clear a text file
I'm using this but it prints one blank line...how to just end up with a blank file? Dim oFile As cFile Set oFile = New cFile oFile.Filename = mSelectedFoldersFile oFile.OverWrite "" and in cFile class Public Sub OverWrite(sMsg As String) Dim iFhndl As Long iFhndl = FreeFile On Error GoTo ERRCTL Open msFilename For Output As #iFhndl Print #iFhndl, sMsg 'Write #iFhndl, sMsg '---write adds quotes around text ExitHere: Close #iFhndl On Error GoTo 0 Exit Sub ERRCTL: If Err Then Err.Clear LogError "Unable to wri...

Open up Microsoft Word a file appears and not a blank doc.
When I open up Microsoft Word a file appears and not a blank doc. How do I fix it to make it open a blank document every time? See http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/AppErrors/BlankDocNotBlank.htm -- Suzanne S. Barnhill Microsoft MVP (Word) Words into Type Fairhope, Alabama USA http://word.mvps.org "Bizbuzz" <Bizbuzz@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:62D2DC41-2AC1-40D0-88EE-807FDC23C576@microsoft.com... > When I open up Microsoft Word a file appears and not a blank doc. How do > I > fix it to make it open a blank document every time? ...

About AVAYA IP Office MSCRM Integration's problem.
We have 10,000 customer details, each time when the customer phone in, the AVAYA MSCRM Integration application will pop-up the customer's information. That's really great!! But I found there are a problem: sometimes the pop-up window is really SLOW! After the ring up about 30 seconds, the window just pop-up :-( What I thought is becasue the customer database is huge, so it takes time to search the database. In fact, the frequently customer only 50s. Then I'd like to build a "Frequently Customer Database", let's the AVAYA application points to this database. M...

retrieving a former version of a saved file
I saved (or deleted) and excel file in error and need to retrieve it. Hi George, >I saved (or deleted) and excel file in error and need to retrieve it. If you *saved* the file and you are trying to retrieve an earlier version of the saved file, unless you have a suitable backup copy, this is not possible. If you *deleted* the file, you may be able to restore it from your recycle bin. If you can locate the file in the recycle bin then: (1) Save the latest version under a new name (2) Right-Click the recycle bin file (3) Click Properties (4) Click Restore (5) Open the...

How can a file be converted from Read-Only to Read/Write
I don't know what happened. A Read/Write file in EXCEL 2003 somehow became a Read-Only file. Now, I can neither write to the file and save it, nor rename the file. I've tried to use the properties / preferences modes for recovering the file, but an error message continues that I cannot save the updated file. Is there a way to revert it back to a R/W file? Thank you, in advance, for any help. So what happens if you open the file, save as and use another name? -- Regards, Peo Sjoblom (No private emails please) "Jim in Apopka" <Jim in Apopka@discussions.microso...

Retrieving lost Microsoft Outlook
Dear friends I was using my mail account in my university for past two years. I had saved all the mails in a .pst file on the hard disk. I later copied that .pst file- which contains many important university mails and my assignments, to a CD. I now have forgotten the password which i had given to the .pst file. Now I am unable to open the outlook personal folder - when i want to acess those assignments. It prompts me for a password and I am unable to remember it. I tried remembering all passwords. But I am unable to do so. I need to access my mails very urgently for some job applicat...

missing outlook.pst file
I can't open my e-mail box. Missing outlook.pst file??? Thanks, Don Search your harddisk for *.pst Make sure you include hidden and system files and folders when searching for pst-file. By default it is located in C:\Documents and Settings\%username%\Local Settings\Application Data\Microsoft\Outlook\ If you can't find it either restore it from backup or create a new one -- Robert Sparnaaij [MVP-Outlook] www.howto-outlook.com Tips of the month: -Navigation Pane Tips & Tricks -Create an Office 2003 CD slipstreamed with Service Pack 1 ----- "Don Price" <anonymo...

clicking .XLS file opens Excel 2003 but doesn't find the file
Clicking any .XLS file opens Excel 2003 but doesn't find the file, error reads: Windows cannot find 'path\filename.xls' ... The paths and files do exist as I can open them from File | Open -- Arrow Computer Services Sometimes one of these works: Tools|Options|General|Ignore other applications (uncheck it) --- or --- Close Excel and Windows Start Button|Run excel /unregserver then Windows Start Button|Run excel /regserver The /unregserver & /regserver stuff resets the windows registry to excel's factory defaults. Arrow Computer wrote: > > Clicking any .XLS ...

Need help Writing to XML File
Hello All, I am stuck on a problem with updating an XML file. Here is what my final solution suppose to do. I have a web form which displays all users that are authorized for recieving a particular application. To display the users, a manager will select the product from a drop down menu and then the form (FORM 1) will use the selecteditem.value to query the xml file to find all users and then display the users in a datagrid. This is working great. Now the problem I am having is that the manager can also add and delete users for a particular product. (FORM 2) Remember that there can be many u...

.CUR files and .ICO files
Hi, Does anybody know how I can convert a HICON handle to an ICO or CUR file? I do not really seem be able to find anything useful around the web. Regards Sims. See if MSDN article Q104570 gives you any clues. "Sims" <siminfrance@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:eTcR6lNXDHA.1872@TK2MSFTNGP12.phx.gbl... > Hi, > > Does anybody know how I can convert a HICON handle to an ICO or CUR file? > > I do not really seem be able to find anything useful around the web. > > Regards > Sims. > > ...

Unable to read file.
Hi, I am unable to open an Excel file that I have used weekly for the past 7 years. I get the message "unable to read file". All other Excel files appear to be behaving themselves. Can someone help please. JM Do you know anyone that has Excel XP or Excel 2003, as these have detect and repair options that may fix this for you. Also, you can try the free download OpenOffice from www.openoffice.org (60MB though), as the Spreadsheet element of that suite OpenOffice.Calc will also open many Excel files that Excel can't. Failing that, if it's not too big a file (Anything up ...

How to Export Resource mailbox to .CSV file
Hi All, Besides NTDSATRIB and ADC tools does anyone know any other step/script/tool by which i can export all the resource maibox from exchange 5.5. Regards, -- Manoj " Jack of all trades, master of the moment" You can try the Exmerge tool provided by Microsoft. "manoj" wrote: > Hi All, > > Besides NTDSATRIB and ADC tools does anyone know any other step/script/tool > by which i can export all the resource maibox from exchange 5.5. > > Regards, > -- > Manoj > > " Jack of all trades, master of the moment" > > M...